It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this document be real? Dakota fracker sets faucet water on fire?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So this man apparently works on an oil frack site in North Dakota. I realize this could be setup obviously but does anyone know if this is really true?
edit on 2-1-2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/14 by JAK because: Title

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have no control over the title.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

From what i understand, it's true.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Methane is an odorless gas so maybe it is possible but I was curious as to why the flame seemed to come from the drain and not the faucet.
That could mean something else decaying or stuck in the drain could be gassing off and the water isn't the source or the water is the source and the gas is collecting in the drain. Seems like the fumes would gas off as they exited the faucet but I don't know for sure.
edit on 2-1-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Wow, thats insane.

I have a cousin who works high up in oil and he told me everythings A ok. I could tell he was lying or didn't really know.

link   
reply to post by windword

Wow, thats insane.

I have a cousin who works high up in oil and he told me everythings A ok. I could tell he was lying or didn't really know.

link   
Since the corperations engaged in the fracking have the protection and sanction of The State as proven in Gasland, the only option left for anyone with fire shooting out of their faucet is to move...fast. No lawsuit will win and the the compensations are a joke. Even if children started dropping dead, they'd just offer them a settlement (bribe) and make them sign a confidentiality agreement to accept payment.
These frackers are insane.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I disagree based on the fact that he has to bring the flame into the water in order for it to ignite.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I believe it's been debunked.

energyindepth.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This most certainly can happen. Many years ago when I was still living at home with my parents we had well water. Off in the distance behind our house was a gas well. The natural gas got into our water table. One day we heard a loud explosion outside coming from our water pump house. It literally blew the roof off the pump house and threw 6 feet away. The roof was heavy enough that it took 2 grown men to lift it (probably about 150 pounds was the weight of the roof. But you could literally ignite the water there was so much natural gas in it. I really can't remember what my parents did about it, but I ca tell you from experience this can happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

onequestion

I disagree based on the fact that he has to bring the flame into the water in order for it to ignite.

Second this. I have to agree; it sure looked like he had to touch the stream of water before it lit up.

Also, I suppose it could be a set up as you speculated, but boy... I think someone would have to be pretty determined to set that one up. Although, there will inevitably be some smart-ass who will come and tell us all how it is "so simple" to hoax this and I'll feel like a dope.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't doubt the possibility of gas coming in with well water. They drill through the water aquafier when they drill for fracking so I'm not questioning that.
I was just wondering why it seems to come from the drain and not the faucet when he lights it, but again I guess the gas could be collecting in the drain. Sometimes I answer my own inquires.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Watch it carefully the flame comes up from the drain. Not from the faucet almost like someone dumped lighter fluid into the drain. Because of the trap in the sink it would sit on top of the water in the drain. So im thinking this is fake. NMow it is possible for methane to be in drinking water and i know in pennsylvania they had this but it came from the faucet.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Old news already proven to be a hoax by the anti fracking trolls

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

BIT LIKE THE ABOVE PERHAPS.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

dragonridr

Watch it carefully the flame comes up from the drain. Not from the faucet almost like someone dumped lighter fluid into the drain. Because of the trap in the sink it would sit on top of the water in the drain. So im thinking this is fake. NMow it is possible for methane to be in drinking water and i know in pennsylvania they had this but it came from the faucet.

See? Somebody was gonna come along and tell me how easy it would be. I suppose lighter fluid in the drain might do it. But why was he taking such care to touch the stream of water? It didn't go until he did that.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's absolutely fake, most of these videos are from the Appalachian area where this is a natural occurrence because of coal seam gas.
The fracking for oil and water supply sands are 1000's of feet apart and 2 to 3 layers of steel and concrete apart. There has never been an actual case of contamination between the zone fracked in a well and a water supply!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

YOUTUBE did show one original scene similar to this ie Gas from Tap because of 'Fracking'. And that was Australia, the Man even said 'I'll prove how genuine our case is', he then blocked the sink and went outside to light water coming from a garden hose. So long ago I cannot remember what it was nemed, but yep, Fracking relies on the support of Dumbo's. Happy New Year to one and all

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is likely real. This has been reported near fracking sites all over the US.

Because big oil has the resources to cover things like this up, it is covered up. The oligarchy wins!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

jrod
It is likely real. This has been reported near fracking sites all over the US.

Because big oil has the resources to cover things like this up, it is covered up. The oligarchy wins!

You do know they have found methane in drinking water from wells long before they started fraking dont you?

www.ehow.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join