It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US the biggest threat to world peace in 2013 – poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvin

That may be true, but while we became a huge force for stability in part because of the Cold War, a lot of other nations drastically downsized their militaries and used that money to pay for huge entitlement states. If we isolate or become a huge irrational actor, a lot of people are caught with their defense pants down and we are looking at a new global arms race as a lot of countries who never had militaries to speak of now acquire them.

Look at what happened after WWI when the US backed out of the world and refused to play ball on the global stage - we wound up with WWII.

In short, while every learns to get along, we're looking at massive instability on a global scale, and if you think that everyone basically just wants to get along, you're fooling yourself.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There isnt really such a thing as Anti US propaganda anywhere Ive been, even in Muslim Malaysia all the news is pro US.

Did we really need a survey to tell us this?
The article mentions Allies Turkey and Greece, Lucky they didnt go to your true Allies Oz and England as about 80% would have been saying the US.

For those saying "Dont call us when your wars go bad" when the US stops funding the opposition to these wars they will more than likely stop.
But not much to worry about, no where left without a Federal reserve type bank and most of the resources are in the hands of your corporations so the need for wars will soon be gone anyway

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Oz and England - Two of the allies our current leadership hastened to spit on.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You should be flattered. I said anti-American propaganda was more effective than pro-American propaganda. You can use that statement when you ask for a raise.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Fylgje
Well...the US has bombed or invaded many muslim countries lately, so I can see why so many think it. I agree. My list:
1. America/UK
2. Israel
3. Saudi Arabia
4. North Korea
5. Russia
6. China

In other words, you are Iranian. Did you know that the United States and the United Kingdom have been separate nations since 1776?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Harvin

TwoTonTommy

Harvin

nugget1
In the collective 'group mentality'...

...things could actually be much, much worse had the U.S never became a country. Just look at history.

Worse for who,

Worse for every one, for all we know a large number of people world wide could be enslaved by now and i mean real actual slavery...who knows what was in store?

Just look at world history from ancient times up until the founding of the U.S and it was a cornucopia of wars, conflicts, invasions, hunger, poverty, unimaginable abuses and that is only what we actually know about. I can only imagine what was covered up sneakily.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

Wow someones head is definitely in the sand!! what do you think is going on this very moment? Every single thing you just listed. The so called "founding" of the US changed nothing besides displacing a lot of people who were here first.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

cheebie23
The so called "founding" of the US changed nothing besides displacing a lot of people who were here first.

Believe me, I am not a cheer leader for the U.S Government in that I am saying they are better than another government. Culturally, all regions have contributed and are interesting in their own right. As far as displacing many people, i dont think there were many in the area prior to what we know from recorded history. North America is brutallycold in the winter, many regions going 20 degrees F for a month or longer. How would you survive that without a solid structure and a good wood stove? With no solid structure the wild animals alone would have been a serious consideration. What would you do without a gun against a pack of wolves or black bear? This is a thread on its own.

Just look at world history from ancient times up until the founding of the U.S and it was a cornucopia of wars, conflicts, invasions, hunger, poverty, unimaginable abuses and that is only what we actually know about.

Yes...all these things are still going on. These things also, at times, go beyond government as well though. So we cannot blame a government full stop. There is criminality at all levels.

And Pakistan is number 2? I dont think that is fair. I would not put them at number 2. No...maybe i'm stupid but number 2? Is that really what the poll said?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Harvin

cheebie23
The so called "founding" of the US changed nothing besides displacing a lot of people who were here first.

Believe me, I am not a cheer leader for the U.S Government in that I am saying they are better than another government. Culturally, all regions have contributed and are interesting in their own right. As far as displacing many people, i dont think there were many in the area prior to what we know from recorded history. North America is brutallycold in the winter, many regions going 20 degrees F for a month or longer. How would you survive that without a solid structure and a good wood stove? With no solid structure the wild animals alone would have been a serious consideration. What would you do without a gun against a pack of wolves or black bear? This is a thread on its own.

Just look at world history from ancient times up until the founding of the U.S and it was a cornucopia of wars, conflicts, invasions, hunger, poverty, unimaginable abuses and that is only what we actually know about.

Yes...all these things are still going on. These things also, at times, go beyond government as well though. So we cannot blame a government full stop. There is criminality at all levels.

And Pakistan is number 2? I dont think that is fair. I would not put them at number 2. No...maybe i'm stupid but number 2? Is that really what the poll said?

Are you serious? You don't believe there were a lot of people living in North America before the Europeans because it was too cold? The native Americans were well adapted to the cold. Have you ever heard of the Eskimos? Native Americans couldn't handle wolves or bears? Are you serious? There were millions of human beings living in North America before the Europeans "discovered" a continent with an existing civilization. North America was inhabited by Europeans through a genocide far worse than the Jewish Holocaust.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Adaluncatif

Harvin

cheebie23

Are you serious? You don't believe there were a lot of people living in North America before the Europeans because it was too cold? The native Americans were well adapted to the cold. Have you ever heard of the Eskimos? Native Americans couldn't handle wolves or bears? Are you serious?

"Eskimos" is not a term I would use and is considered to be pejorative.

Adaluncatif
There were millions of human beings living in North America before the Europeans "discovered" a continent with an existing civilization.

The Inuit population, since you mentioned them, is and always was very low.

The overall population has remained fairly constant over the past several centuries. According to the 1990 census, there are 57,152 Eskimos and 23,797 Aleuts living in the United States so probably the numbers were lower or maybe even much lower prior to say 1900.
edit on 3-1-2014 by Harvin because: grammar errors omitted

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

DJW001

Fylgje
Well...the US has bombed or invaded many muslim countries lately, so I can see why so many think it. I agree. My list:
1. America/UK
2. Israel
3. Saudi Arabia
4. North Korea
5. Russia
6. China

In other words, you are Iranian. Did you know that the United States and the United Kingdom have been separate nations since 1776?

Have they? Iranian? lol Nope! I'm an American who loves my country but despise the war-mongering lunatics who have infiltrated and taken control of it. It's not enough that the American gov has violently tried to exterminate muslims,...or "TERRORISTS", Now, they're taking away citizens' rights, all the while passing laws so that they cannot be tried for treason. How convenient. Iran has a right to protect themselves from the racist, Zionist war-mongers. Iran isn't attacking other countries, left and right. Iran isn't oppressing or stealing land. At this moment, America is like a dog, going around viciously biting people because it has parasites in it's ears. Sending all those kids to die, and for what?? Because Israel is our friend? And don't even say it was because of 911. We all know who perpetrated that act, and it wasn't "muslims", IMO, of course. Every time somebody calls out the American gov for their war-mongering, and other nasty ways, that person automatically becomes "Iranian", or "uneducated" or a "conspiracy nut". What ever. I have a brain. I am more than capable of looking at the evidence that I have and coming to a conclusion. I understand who controls America. America has turned. America is the most hated. Even though we give more than all other countries combined, we're still hated. That says a lot. It's disgusting what my country has become. The people who commit all these heinous crimes disgust me. Call me an Iranian some more. I will side with Iran before I ever would Israel.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I'm an American who loves my country but despise the war-mongering lunatics who have infiltrated and taken control of it.

It's odd that an American would have the same enemies list as Iran. Who does Saudi Arabia pose a threat to, other than Iran? Why didn't India and Pakistan make your list? Oh, India still buys Iranian oil, doesn't it? Who are the war-mongering lunatics and how have they "infiltrated and taken control" of your beloved country? Something tells me you are not talking about elected officials. You're talking about... let me take a wild guess... Zionists?

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It's odd that an American would have the same enemies list as Iran.

Shoot man...hahahahaha...

People are allowed opinions. How does anyone's personal list make them Iranian? I am Canadian of European descent and agree with that list for the most part...you going to call me Iranian?

Nice job of derailing this thread though...congrats.

As for USA being number 1 bad guy, on the political stage yes but in reality it is above all that, these so called elected officials in Washington DC are just slaves to Wall street and the Federal Reserve and much more than that if you look into it, it goes beyond national borders and and public admissions. It's all about money, always has been always will with a few other agendas thrown in.

Things do go on behind the scenes and the USA just so happens to be a convenient playing field.

When people play the USA blame game they forget to mention that their countries are puppets to the same masters too, including mine. I admit it all the time and try and make sure not to pretend I am better than anyone else as we are all the same in most cases where we are just regular people caught in the middle.

As an American you should speak out against these things instead of trying to justify them.

Can you refute or disagree with anything I typed? If so please elaborate.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Zionists?

Zionists are real organization and owns a large part of U.S. Lobby

DJW001?

F****t = S**ll.

Have a nice deceiving day.

edit on 3-1-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As an American you should speak out against these things instead of trying to justify them.

Can you refute or disagree with anything I typed? If so please elaborate.

You can begin by pointing out where I try to justify the actions of the United States government in this thread. I simply pointed out that anti-American propaganda is more successful than pro-American propaganda. You owe your vast collection of stars to this fact.
edit on 3-1-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You tried to dismiss the poll results due to Anti-American propaganda being stronger than the opposite. I was only pointing out that America is its own Anti-Propaganda, and their pro-propaganda friends like you are very noticeable.

DJWOO!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DJW001

You tried to dismiss the poll results due to Anti-American propaganda being stronger than the opposite. I was only pointing out that America is its own Anti-Propaganda, and their pro-propaganda friends like you are very noticeable.

DJWOO!

Do you agree with the poll's results? On the one hand, it finds the US, Pakistan and China are the top three threats to world peace. Do you think Pakistan and China are a greater threat to world peace than Israel, or is something else going on in this poll? Also, it finds that the US, Canada and Australia are the top three countries that people worldwide want to live in. What's up with that?

Link to actual poll, not RT.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just look at the evidence of:

NSA spying on every citizen and leader in the world. More than any other country does or can do.
American Corporations like Monsanto with private Army at it's disposal.
700-1000 military bases around the world depending on how you count some of the more isolated missile silos and smaller installations.
The fact that we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
The list goes on and on but American is that bad.

If you talk about propaganda. All you have to do is turn on the news.. any news.. FOX, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, BBC any foreign news agency and it they all show our inept leaders fighting over trivial made up crap like the debt ceiling, fighting over liberals vs Conservatives. It's embarrassing and I would be afraid if I lived in another country. It's like our leaders, our corporations or military or spy agencies all operate on a different plane of existence than the rest of us.

Now take the real Americans and America itself and we're great. This IS the best country on earth but our leaders keep driving it into the ground. We've been brainwashed to believe that the problem is liberals vs conservatives. Just read these boards. We need to open our eyes and take back our country.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for pointing out this glaring omission from the original OP:

In the survey participants were also asked: “If there were no barriers to living in any country of the world, which country would you like to live in?” Despite being the perceived largest threat to world peace, the US still topped the tables by a narrow margin of 9 percent.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect the individual opinions of the ATS posters, but I find it hard to place too much validity in a poll that surmises that the US is both the most dangerous country while at the same time being the most preferred country in which to reside by the same poll participants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join