It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US the biggest threat to world peace in 2013 – poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The US has been voted as the most significant threat to world peace in a survey across 68 different countries. Anti-American sentiment was not only recorded in antagonistic countries, but also in many allied NATO partners like Turkey and Greece.

A global survey conducted by the Worldwide Independent Network and Gallup at the end of 2013 revealed strong animosity towards the US’s role as the world’s policeman. Citizens across over 60 nations were asked: “Which country do you think is the greatest threat to peace in the world today?”

The US topped the list, with 24 percent of people believing America to be the biggest danger to peace. Pakistan came second, with 8 percent of the vote and was closely followed by China with 6 percent. Afghanistan, Iran, Israel and North Korea came in joint fourth place with 5 percent of the vote.

It's nice to see that the world is waking up to the machinations of the military industrial complex, even if most Americans are asleep on the issue. Coming in at 24%, it polled 3 times higher than the next on the list, our buddy Pakistan.

Many countries have felt this way for awhile, for instance Malaysia found Bush, Blair, and others guilty of war-crimes by the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal in 2011. Bush and Blair found guilty of war crimes for Iraq attack by Glenn Greenwald. Not enforceable, but showed that not everyone is under the spell of the U.S.

What's really news, is that even NATO member nations like Turkey and Greece see us as the primary threat to world peace. I'm sure that the administration cares not what the world thinks, but it is still a good sign that the world is continuing to awaken to the US aggression worldwide.

Here's another article: And The Country Posing The Greatest Threat to Peace as 2013 Ends is …

What do you think? Is the U.S. the biggest threat to world peace, or is it Israel, Iran, China, North Korea? Or would you argue that it is not the U.S., but the internationalists behind NATO? Do you think it even matters if the people worldwide see us as aggressors?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

What do you think? Is the U.S. the biggest threat to world peace, or is it Israel, Iran, China, North Korea? Or would you argue that it is not the U.S., but the internationalists behind NATO? Do you think it even matters if the people worldwide see us as aggressors?

All this poll demonstrates is that anti-American propaganda is more successful than pro-American propaganda. Anyone who pays attention to current events would be aware that Japan and China are leading the race to the next world war.

Edit to add: And no, it doesn't matter if everyone sees the US as aggressors. They'll be whining for America to bail them out the moment their own little wars go wrong.
edit on 2-1-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Time to invade!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In the collective 'group mentality' Number One is always the main target. Should be fairly easy to see who wants to become 'Number One' next.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

G,day mate. hmm the biggest threat to world peace.
The Russians believe it is their historical right to rule the world
Rhodes scholars believe England should rule the world
The catholics believe world rule was stolen from them by martin luther and they want it back
The Chinese feel its their turn to rule the world
The bankers reckon they rule the world
THE UN thinks its going to rule the world
US government thinks it rules the world via (might is right)
Stuff the lot of em, they are all a pack of very cunning yet very evil wankers who on some levels appear to be working together and toward a common goal, but on other levels spend their time stuffing each other up and us in the process
i prob should have posted this in the rant forum. BUT, you did ask

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

This could be a great thread no matter what we post, F&S!

If I also could briefly quote the last three words of that NYT
Editorial Board's letter re Snowden, "... runaway intelligence community"; the smokescreen lifts on isolated occasions to a more pertinent reality of overreaching shadow government."

This has a lot to with the suppressed truth via the manufactured news, an increasingly expensive proposition for the MIC to promote. I believe it's pertinent to bring up here just as another example of how real public opinion and poll results can diverge for the sake of perpetuating the whacked narrative of "We-allz the good guys, ..."

Like the W.Post's publisher Ed Bradley once said to Woodstein in that dead of night, "Just don't be wrong."
How short and bittersweet it was, patron: it still makes me tear up, almost as if in a couple of generations we could get our Fourth Estate back. But I'm an old dreamer too

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Is anyone surprised?

I sure am not.

Sometimes these polls do present accurate statistics...

Anyways, I don't need poll results to state the obvious.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

pronto

G,day mate. hmm the biggest threat to world peace.
The Russians believe it is their historical right to rule the world
Rhodes scholars believe England should rule the world
The catholics believe world rule was stolen from them by martin luther and they want it back
The Chinese feel its their turn to rule the world
The bankers reckon they rule the world
THE UN thinks its going to rule the world
US government thinks it rules the world via (might is right)
Stuff the lot of em, they are all a pack of very cunning yet very evil wankers who on some levels appear to be working together and toward a common goal, but on other levels spend their time stuffing each other up and us in the process
i prob should have posted this in the rant forum. BUT, you did ask

A rant beats a lament like a rock busts scissors, star. I still feel organized religion and government are in a tie for the greatest threat, but I'm not Dennis and am as a result almost always wrong. Cheers from a lapsed Lutheran, maybe I'll reform in time to resemble a human before I shrug it off...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
$$$ is the biggest threat to world peace? Denial of this will cause issues with belief of such a way which can allow illusionary projected away from ignorance's to occur why hidden remain hidden?

Dynamics
Many of the same (observers/viewers) w/o accurate clarity of unsaid protection techs WILL think a certain way. If exposed to said tech globally from (all tech developing associated) to see who is advanced most and how advancement was accomplished? as well as how unsaid techs support (observers/viewers) perhaps more accurate polls would be produced. Due to unsaid having to remain in black, to prevent potential unstable(s) from copying. It appears all that can be done as far as "appeasing" (observers/viewers) is nothing from within as outside assumptions fueled with denial project away from (THE`S) observed from above and or beyond even if not acknowledged recognized or accepted.

Non clarity of dynamics for (observers/viewers-polled) is like taking a test why only being allowed to observe/view to study 28% of actual test material for whole class being tested and so results would not be accurate... Providing full test material or more higher percentage amount of material may cause distraction during testing causing still low test scores or unhappiness or worst, and makes sense not to do so as in the shadows unsaid remains.

Have any ever observed siblings dealing with the oldest or more developed sibling who may be trying to help the less mature in development siblings?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well...the US has bombed or invaded many muslim countries lately, so I can see why so many think it. I agree. My list:
1. America/UK
2. Israel
3. Saudi Arabia
4. North Korea
5. Russia
6. China

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

DJW001

All this poll demonstrates is that anti-American propaganda is more successful than pro-American propaganda. Anyone who pays attention to current events would be aware that Japan and China are leading the race to the next world war.

Edit to add: And no, it doesn't matter if everyone sees the US as aggressors. They'll be whining for America to bail them out the moment their own little wars go wrong.
edit on 2-1-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

No, all this poll demonstrates is the world's opinion.

America is the main source of Anti-American propaganda due to it's actions. It has itself to blame and this sentiment is only going to grow as long as the current imperialistic agenda continues. Anti-American propaganda is NOT the source of these poll results...get your head out of the sand.

Japan and China will not be the cause of the next world war. Stop with the "Anyone who pays attention to current events" crap, it makes you appear foolish and that you lack anything of substance to provide to the discussion.

China and Japan may be part of the next "World War" but it will be caused by multiple parties, you can't just blame them.

How do you think most of Asia feels about the American presence in every corner of their backyard while they continue to meddle in various nation's affairs?

As for the people blaming the US as the aggressors, they most likely have valid reasons to do so. Have you ever had your country "liberated" with bombs followed by an occupation? Have you ever lost your wife and children to a drone strike? Have you ever missed a meal or not be able to get certain medicine due to embargoes and sanctions?

I doubt you have, you are just another arm-chair know it all
edit on 1/2/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

nugget1
In the collective 'group mentality'...

Hold on, that is scary enough.

I wonder why Pakistan came in second place. Seems odd...strange poll.

Was there also a "what country is the biggest asset to world peace"?

I bet they couldn't due to too much fighting for not getting picked. Even still, the U.S has only been around for a little over 200 years and before that the prospects for world peace was very grim. Well...grim is an understatement. Knowing that, things could actually be much, much worse had the U.S never became a country. Just look at history.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah.

And once the US tells Izzy to kick rocks, izzy will find her true place on the list.

Hopefully, they will spell it right.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Harvin

nugget1

...things could actually be much, much worse had the U.S never became a country. Just look at history.

Worse for who, the Native Americans? The Mexicans we took the land from in 1848? The Phillipinos we slaughtered circa 1902? All the third world countries we interfered with in the 20th century - Panama, Nicaragua, etc.? The Iraqis who are now experiencing all the side-effects of depleted uranium? The Yemenese wedding parties we drone strike? Who is better off? Maybe we helped defeat Hitler, but then we took in a bunch of Nazis into our own government and they helped start the CIA after the OSO... the US behaves like an Evil Empire.

I urge the good people of the US to do what they can to change this, before we end up destroying the world. Vote out the war hawks, and speak up to your family & friends about how you feel. So many of my peers DON'T CARE that we are drone-striking innocents in foreign countries. We should all care.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

TwoTonTommy

Harvin

nugget1

...things could actually be much, much worse had the U.S never became a country. Just look at history.

Worse for who,

Worse for every one, for all we know a large number of people world wide could be enslaved by now and i mean real actual slavery...who knows what was in store?

Just look at world history from ancient times up until the founding of the U.S and it was a cornucopia of wars, conflicts, invasions, hunger, poverty, unimaginable abuses and that is only what we actually know about. I can only imagine what was covered up sneakily.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What I find ironically humorous is that the same people polled who say that the US is the biggest threat are also the very same people who would like to immigrate here.

Screw them and their opinions...they can't even make up their own mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The US has become a threat in that we have elected a leadership that has become unpredictable in its aims. It used to be that all the rest of the world would hate on us, but they could predict us. They knew what we were going to do, who we would back, and very likely how we would back them.

With the current leadership, that has all been thrown into a tailspin. No one knows what we will do or how or why. We've alienated most of our traditional allies, and we've kissed up (or tried to kiss up) to most of our traditional enemies. We've threatened force in irrational situations and then just as quickly backed off that promise. We've failed to support people rebelling and pushing for democracy, and we've supported known anti-democracy forces in other places.

In short, the world is either caught disbelieving that things have changed or they're trying to figure out how to cover themselves without the protection we used to afford them (Japan for one).

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
American news is international.
And "military action" is never off the table, and often called for.
When someone keeps hearing warmongers calling for military action on whoever the moment's enemy is, whether it be Iran, Yemen, Libya, Syria......
And we hear about the drone attacks involving innocent people (wedding parties, farmers, children, etc), in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, etc, it just doesn't scream out that the US is a peaceful country.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

ketsuko
The US has become a threat in that we have elected a leadership that has become unpredictable in its aims. It used to be that all the rest of the world would hate on us, but they could predict us. They knew what we were going to do, who we would back, and very likely how we would back them.

With the current leadership, that has all been thrown into a tailspin. No one knows what we will do or how or why. We've alienated most of our traditional allies, and we've kissed up (or tried to kiss up) to most of our traditional enemies. We've threatened force in irrational situations and then just as quickly backed off that promise. We've failed to support people rebelling and pushing for democracy, and we've supported known anti-democracy forces in other places.

In short, the world is either caught disbelieving that things have changed or they're trying to figure out how to cover themselves without the protection we used to afford them (Japan for one).

People in the world are going to have to get along, the U.S or any one country alone cannot change that. A country that attempts that alone is not going to come out looking good and just wont last, for one reason or another. Like someone said earlier, people are too easily swayed collectively, group think is just an oxymoron as it stands now.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

snowspirit
American news is international.

I think a large part of that is to focus on another country. These news agencies are somewhat cunning, they view view the readers as unsophisticated yokels. The unwashed masses, the town folk.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join