It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Largest Firework!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is just so awesome, unbelievable !!

This video shows first of all some still pictures and then video of the amazing 48" diameter 420kg Japanese "Yonshakudama" shell "the world's largest single firework"
When fired the shell rises to over 2,700ft with a bloom diameter greater than 2,400ft and launched every September 9th and 10th for the Katakai-Matsuri Festival in Katakai town, Ojiya-city, Nigata prefecture Japan, it serves as a dedication to the god of the shrine. The Godzilla waking "Yonshakudama" shell comes in two types, the "Brocade crown over small flowers" and the "Floral shell of shells twice blooming"

The second part of this video is just stunning, the size of these shells simply staggers the mind for the quantity being fired, the smallest being 12" up to the giant 36" shells..

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow! Just WOW! That's incredible! I will be coming back throughout the year to re-watch this whenever I need a pick-me-up!
S&F!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

That certainly was something. Do it at full screen or die trying. Thanks OP!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bumping this. It's been half an hour so it's pretty well down the stack, and this one is too good to miss. A friend and I were just talking a few days ago how we are between OK and blah with fireworks. I've seen some good shows, and once I sat for 7 hours on the exact spot called the best seat in the U.S. for fireworks, a certain area of the top step of the Lincoln Memorial, before the display started, and I can't tell you much about it. Lots of action, but I don't remember a pattern. This video, on the altogether other hand, is not to be missed imnho, hence the bump. I fast-forwarded through much of the start, with the loading and the unloading of what are some very interesting looking fireworks, to get to the really good part. But right now, after watching it, I'd suggest watching the entire thing in full screen and to not fast-forward.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing!
S&F my friend!
Surpasses anything size wise that I have ever seen.
Ak.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Surely the Tsar bomb was the worlds biggest firework?

It was set off toc celebrate and show off the USSR power, not kill there for it was a firework

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Gonna bump this again, and this is amazing folks. They say fireworks are the soul light of China (no they don't, I just made that up, but it sounds like they'd say it), and the fireworks you are about to see give every other fireworks display a bad name.

top topics

join