It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Frequency Hums- What are they? Are they dangerous?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I hear the hum most of the time here in Texas,it is especially more pronounced at night sometimes i have to drown it out with background noise,because it is very annoying when i try to sleep,i only hear it in my right ear.When i press my head into my pillow it seems to grow louder.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Could fracking be a possible explanation?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

here's audio of the Windsor hum.
you'll need earphones or a subwoofer though to get the low frequency.

I really thought the Sandy Hook thing would really get peoples tin-foil hats on.
What happened ATS?!

Also I would like to thank everybody for sharing their personal stories on here

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
People are fearful of this being true. Unfortunately the problem is worsening and the government needs to investigate the hum, for real! Without answers and motives, every stone must be turned over. One of the posters intimated that we need someone to say it caused them to act like Lanza to do such an act. We have it, Aaron Alexis in Washington DC.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
what is this HUM, low or high freq sounds? Not like the transistor ones, but inside ur head/ear... ?

I heard it for many years and it was disturbing... BUT.. I think it stopped since 2-3 days ago...
edit on 31-5-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Did it have you feeling anxious at times? Or were you able to cope and just write it off?

Im curious as to the origin of these hums...
some seem area specific, others just seem to only be experienced by individuals.

Another question: Did you ever catch yourself taking actions you wouldnt normally do and without the actual conscious decision to act? (If that makes sense)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I haven't had time to read the other posts in this thread other than the opening post, but to add my two cents regarding the question in the title of the thread, the government would know if low hums are dangerous. The United States government, and America bless them, has been conducting unconstitutional and undeclarational experiments on humans, using things like "hums" to see how people would react and respond. This has been documented, especially with the high-frequency tests, and the X-Files had an episode centered around this. So I cannot say if they are dangerous, but, perhaps, you might want to do a FOIA and ask the government --HAH-- as if, they would even tell you the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

I always heard them, so I was always able to deflect them back, or into space... I can't explain how I do that, its natural, So since I was able to hear them and defend from it, it was not something could control me, if you mean that!

Some times they are consistant, then I start doin this method I saw in this video youtu.be...

They call her crazy, but it works, with this sounds! Anyway, I insist, it stopped for me, totally!!!! Only 2 times since the end of may, but it was so easy to stop it and never happened again.. Its like something happened and stopped. Before it was daily and as I discribed above in the prev msg, now they tried 2 times in 20 days(?) and it was a fail... whatever it was it stopped.

And something more, this kind of sounds its not a kind of schizophrenia or anything equivalent problem with our ears. I ve checked my self 2-3 times! I am perfectly fine..
edit on 14-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I found a great database of info and reports of the "hums" from around the world.
Hum Data

I would be interested in seeing this data and the regional data correlated with regional crime and mental health data.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just trying to revive this old thing and add a link to another thread.
Related Thread

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey Chicken Salad. This is the guy from CT that is researching the HUM and stumbled on the connection with Lanza and others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join