It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yarg , a bank logo *snarlsandgnawcuttlefish*, I was hoping for some glacier mints

reply to post by Blue Shift

like I know bigalow
, besides I think he would want a disingenuous cut,
hows about mercury ?I hear they have the weather and the diamonds..

funBox

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

great rendition Jeep3r, but where are al the mars-a-lo ?
great big lumbering silicate based lifeforms , hair so thick and strong it can cut mars diamonds from rough

funBox

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thanks, funBox ... IMO, the hypothetical grass on the horizon was already a 'big leap', the rest is scientific fact (except for the blue skies, perhaps)! Let's consider it a work in progress, I might add some creepy creatures & carnivorous plants later on ...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

I thought the skys are blue ? weird must have seen to many mars pics

will there be enough room in the lake for sharks ? or would have all the carnivourous plant eaten them all

sol 560 mast

funBox

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Martians have them, too, apparently:

GNOME
edit on 5-3-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

WHAT A FIND ! sheesh you made me shout , but no link no real
, I reckon you shoped that gnome in ,pixel co ords, the works for this one MrShift

edit
cheers fair play its genuine alright , I didn't even have to zoom in to see it , just like you

in honour of the 0% zoom long may it prosper

zerosumBox

funBox
edit on 5-3-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

PIA17947
Source Image from;
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Object #1
Apparent hollow structure with opening estimated between 2 to 2.75 feet square, Out-sloping lower bias on the sides at opening, Estimated 5.5 to 6.25 feet in length.

Object #2
Possible spiral elevated or curved 'tubing/piping/cabling' of approximately 3 to 5 inches in diameter terminating at a highly reflective, metallic looking structure of about 18 to 20 inches across with an estimated height of 8 to 10 inches.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

MARS HAS SOLE !!!
PIA17949
NASA Source Image From;
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Possible Sandal and Straps... Size 6-ish, if you must...
The "straps" appear on the ground and to the right of the sandal sole.
Target position is 17-23 Feet from MSL.
MSL even turned around for a second Look ; ]

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzDengue

a sandle ? are you sure Buzz ?
I think I see some eyelets , would that be indicative of a shoe ?, potential lacing technology?
think we're going to have to pull the big guns out for this one matey

funBox

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A new 360-degree panorama has been created by Andrew Bodrov, so here's an opportunity for you to spot more "anomalies"

www.360cities.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

wildespace
A new 360-degree panorama has been created by Andrew Bodrov, so here's an opportunity for you to spot more "anomalies"

www.360cities.net...

As I tilt the picture up I see a large white flying UFO, very bright (not unlike the sun). ArMap made a great pan of the entire scene as well, that was a fun one to explore. Lately we've had Gnome on the Range, no-see-ums by the hundreds, a mud-shark head, the willful destruction of a very good no-zoom spoke picture by the release of another no-zoom picture which shows everything else to look exactly the same with the same sun angle except for the spoke, which has now turned into the top of a rock with some lines or furrows in it. And insects and fancy gifs worthy of prizes, but nothing compares with the large white-as-the-sun UFO in your new pic (except for the Martian flip-flop sandle size six-and-a-half), very reminiscent of a nearby star so it obviously uses nearest-star-camouflage technology.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We might have an interesting one at the Rocknest thread (unless it was found and debunked long ago, far far away), maybe some more eyes on it please. New user budoborn puts some pics up, but the one I find curious is the last one, which he says may be a ponding of liquid. The reason I find it scribeworthy is the shadow - the shadows on the other objects seem to be a certain length, but the shadows (or reflections...hmmm) of the object in the "liquid" seem much longer. Please have a run over there and take a look and post, and I'll bring the pic here as well. This link takes you to his post with the pic, with his post directly above it talking about where he found it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

budoborn's pic, which is very light-brown and maybe someone can take a look and pull up a better one (I can't do pics from gigapans or related large pics, I always seem to grab half of it or miss them altogether). Notice the shadows/reflection on this picture. And I know, there can be no standing water on Mars, it evaporates into the air quickly (or so they say):

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Not all shadows are longer, there's some on the farther side that are short.
Longer shadows appear when the surface where they are projected makes a bigger angle with the what is projecting the shadow, a rock on a flat horizontal surface will show a shorter shadow than the same rock on the top of dune, and that's what it looks like to me.

I will look for the original images.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

from the gnome picture, did we miss a large skull nearly ?

maybe it was the gnomes last kill , cleaned to the bone

funBox

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good point, it could be a small dune now that you mention it (/looks over shoulder for thing that made the skull in funbox's last post a skull). Interesting how a little dune can look like a little pond with just a slight change of perspective/point-of-view.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The same dune, seen from a different place, on Sol 50.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

funbox
from the gnome picture, did we miss a large skull nearly ?

I did not, but I didn't have the time to point to it yesterday and forgot about it today.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

While talking about shadows, here's an interesting shadow play from sol 560:

Source Image

It's too far away to see any details, but the shadows on the ground 'seem' a bit ring-like. Nothing special I thought, but there's also a ring-like shape (protuding from the front) that seems to cast one of those shadows. Could be the terrain distorting them, but it did catch my attention ...

ETA: Upon closer look, it could be pebbles (sunlit on the top, with their base in the shadow), but I thought I'd post it anyway ...
edit on 6-3-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

To me it looks like what we see on the ground is the shadow of small rocks next to the shadow of the bigger rock.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

you saying that, im sure ive seen some unusual satellite photos of a lake , I saw a tube video on it the other day , it looked fairly suspect , but I don't know what satellite photo it was from ill see I fi can dig it

mo9

reply to post by ArMaP

Nothing gets past your hawkeye
, check your mail btw something that maybe of interest

funBox

edit on 6-3-2014 by funbox because: Wolves went for a stick , splash

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join