It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Curious reflection:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I was wondering if you can see any pattern on the object I circled?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

more shots of it here

i spent hours working with the editor but I am just not getting better!

edit on 23-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I can , and they look like jpg artifacts , look underneath the rock and you will see similar in the shadow and down to the sandi piece, they appear a little bigger on this compression run , and after checking I noticed a they where 250 kb, there usually 350 average or more sometimes

I think they maybe upped the compression , is good to see you noticing the variance

funBox

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I think they maybe upped the compression , is good to see you noticing the variance

Thanks!

Number 1. how about these three items...the one like a shrimp is that compression also?
Number 2 is that what it looks like? Kind of like the basket thing I saw before?
number 3 is a worm :-)

I think they are walking all over worms and small things with those rover feet!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

did you notice the unusual rock down the bottom of the pic? , you can see how the compression artifacts transit from rock to sandy surface quite clear on it , its surface detail still shines through them tho,

funBox

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

they are defiantly not jpg artefacts ,even the picture quality looks much better , looks like curiosity was trying to make a sushi salad

I even tried to blur the compression artefacts from that last picture , they where too intense, not even smaller pixel ratios would remove them , compare

funBox

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

funbox

did you notice the unusual rock down the bottom of the pic? , you can see how the compression artifacts transit from rock to sandy surface quite clear on it , its surface detail still shines through them tho,

funBox

Well i was thinking more along the lines of lizard/snakeish fossil.

It actually is a perfect fossil i think the place is littered.

I was thinking, what if Mars went the way we are heading, made a bunch of robots and eventually had a bot war, maybe why the movie Terminator was made. I see so many machine like parts but often they have feet or hands or are in other ways robot looking and they have been absorbed into stone. :-)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

So does my shrimpish have legs then?

This guys replicas I have seen so many on Mars, turtle and snake heads...or look alikes.
www.corvitude.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

that curved white thing that seems to separate from the made body ? hard to say what that is , only it geometry , it maybe a highlight, but I see it leaving one material and entering another in a curved way

snake skulls small rodents skulls, a whole new category of extinct species to name might be in the offing

funBox

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yes and nary a photo without spoked wheels

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

ArMap. ArMap has been doing this for seven years, that I know of (how many years has it been?), working almost every Mars object thread, at least the serious ones, keeping people on track (although is everything at zero percent for you so far or do you have things, even on this thread, that are visually worthy of a percentage point or more of being a possible life-form) and making sure of pointing out the things we should know. That all comes from his experience, so we are lucky to have him hanging out on this thread.

Yes but is he a purple Goddess with supernatural powers? No/ Didn't think so

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

funbox

that curved white thing that seems to separate from the made body ? hard to say what that is , only it geometry , it maybe a highlight, but I see it leaving one material and entering another in a curved way

snake skulls small rodents skulls, a whole new category of extinct species to name might be in the offing

funBox

Thanks that is how it looks to me also...no that is number 2... on my poorly highlighted picture...you must tell me what you think of number 1!Shrimp.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

no he has terrible powers of lightning

ah yes, I see, my mistake , and I see what you mean , the little legs sticking up and towards us in the air . hmm making me hungary , stop it
, but they could be artefact's in the shaded area I think

faradaycageBox

edit on 23-2-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

funbox

no he has terrible powers of lightning

ah yes, I see, my mistake , and I see what you mean , the little legs sticking up and towards us in the air . hmm making me hungary , stop it
, but they could be artefact's in the shaded area I think

faradaycageBox

edit on 23-2-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

Lol thanks for making me laugh I have been rather moody today!! guess I better go see you tomorrow!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by Aleister

ArMap. ArMap has been doing this for seven years, that I know of (how many years has it been?), working almost every Mars object thread, at least the serious ones, keeping people on track (although is everything at zero percent for you so far or do you have things, even on this thread, that are visually worthy of a percentage point or more of being a possible life-form) and making sure of pointing out the things we should know. That all comes from his experience, so we are lucky to have him hanging out on this thread.

Yes but is he a purple Goddess with supernatural powers? No/ Didn't think so

I like that attitude! ArMap has his own supernatural powers, and when all the powers come together it's time to make those rocks sing like a chorus of skulls and shrimps and shiny blue shift things.

What was that one pic with the Rover tracks criss-crossing each other and running all over Mars and back? Was it practicing that backward driving maneuver that'll serve them well in the weeks ahead? Or just doing wheelies because the guy driving it has had one of those "too many anomalies to count" nervous breakdowns and decided to floor it. And who drives the Rover? Is it a team of people plotting every move, or does one person get to handle the controls and give it the order to "move a meter to your right"? And since I'm rambling with questions and no comments all I have to say is I sure am glad that all of the cameras have held up fine.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

I was wondering if you can see any pattern on the object I circled?

more shots of it here

i spent hours working with the editor but I am just not getting better!

This is strange, but just below the center of this image is what looks like an actual pop bottle cap with writing on it, and it looks something like the word "Cowa" Am I really seeing that?

That thing you circled looks like something manufactured or carved. There is what looks like a "7" in the image that has channels and chamfers carved in static widths like it was made. Looks like a dumping ground behind a sign shop or something..

The circled object's face looks like it is etched or carved with writing or just a pattern for appearance or something.
Over on the far left near the bootom and on edge of the rover track print is what looks like a wood bit drill bit with one end bent up and the other looking like the wood style bit, or even a webbed ducks foot haha.. But really looks like a ruined wooden drill bit..
edit on 23-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Object with overlay of mouse opossum (marsupial) skull.
Ventral (upside down) view.

edit on 23-2-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Aleister
And who drives the Rover? Is it a team of people plotting every move, or does one person get to handle the controls and give it the order to "move a meter to your right"?

If they are doing it in the same way they did with the other rovers, it's a team, and what to do is decided the day before, based on the photos taken one or two days before that. At least that's my understanding of the information available here.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by jeep3r

how do them shoes feel? did you have waves of incomprehension ? when I wear the shoes of nasa , I find it hard to find reason for going up there at all, *funBox slips on his nasa clown shoes* unless they have got wind of eagles nests , maybe there is a good vantage point, full of superviews and extended horizons, to capture with their cameras

Well, those 'shoes' don't always fit well ... I sometimes believe they can do more with their equipment than we think. As for the way up to Mt. Aeolis/Sharp: I could imagine them investigating the diversity of minerals and geology 'in-situ' while climbing up there, comparing them with what they got from CRISM.

Anyway, here's another slab for you to 'chew' on ... sol 540, hollow rock, does anyone see a grid-like pattern on the inside (left edge)? And some griddy stuff protuding from the right side?

Looks kind of 'different'. By the way: there've been some updates on the archive page for sol 540. Perhaps it's a good idea to check some of those once again, just in case we missed out on something!

Sources:
------------------
(1) Sol 540 Source Image (Right)
(2) Sol 540 Source Image (Left)
(3) Gigapan Panorama for Sol 540

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Aleister
I was looking at these pics again, trying to see if BlueIt was laying down along the slope of the rock and if its right arm was itself the right breast of the rock or if it was just laying its arm on the right breast (we've all been there), when I realized that in all the commotion of BlueIt leaving and the breasts later appearing that I can't recall us talking about what's holding BlueIt/Breast rock up?

It seems to be elevated on tiny supports, with everything else for the most part under it being air. What's that about? This was certainly an interesting rock.

edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I've been looking at these smooth rocks and have noticed that the rocks are completely smooth with two smooth symmetrical bumps next to each other. I'm glad someone finally posted this picture. Not just one rock but many many rocks, I don't have a link but take notice when looking at the gigapan's and pictures you'll find these anomalies on more than what you have posted....I find it strange indeed. I will try to find the picture I saw them in it may take awhile though

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join