It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

But that picture also includes the rock I will call "Home Plate".

Baseball fans will recognize it, and if Mars had a major league team it could be called the Martian Sandstorm

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Well i tried again and after a long while I gave up and circled the objects I was interested in enlarging :-)
I don't think i will get the hang of it, I can't even get the layers to work, i get like layer 20 showing up and don't see why, I also see no way to enlarge the small copy I make.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Looks like Gravestone to me :-)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

that insect thing looks a little like a miniature giraffe
, the way the neck is al segmented is peculiar

and just saw your last post with the different angle , giraffe just got decapitated

funBox
In some shots it looks like the lines cross a rock, I am still undecided now what i think of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

Well i tried again and after a long while I gave up and circled the objects I was interested in enlarging :-)
I don't think i will get the hang of it, I can't even get the layers to work, i get like layer 20 showing up and don't see why, I also see no way to enlarge the small copy I make.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

you almost have it , after you have made your selection and pasted that selection into a ne w layer, make sure you have that layer selected (it will be blue) then go to the edit menu of the main menu (see pic) and click free transform , you will see your selection bounded by a box .. hold shift and left click hold to grab the corner of the selection box , then (still holding) pull the mouse down and you will see the box increase in size , let go of the leftclickhold when you have the desired size

hopefully that makes sense

did we just witness the fastest extinction in marsimal history?

funBox

edit on 21-2-2014 by funbox because: extra wolfenz

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My husband was looking through the Curiosity pictures and as he zoomed into the picture there was something odd about one of the rocks. At first it looked like the "protrusion" was attached to the rock behind the one in question, but upon further observation the "protrusion" is actually coming out of a hole, or something that looks like a hole, in the front rock.

We have looked at the picture several times trying to get a different perspective but it still looks like something protruding from the front rock. The link to the NASA picture and a picture of what we are looking at are below. We would be interested in what other people think it might be.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Watcher777

We have looked at the picture several times trying to get a different perspective but it still looks like something protruding from the front rock. The link to the NASA picture and a picture of what we are looking at are below. We would be interested in what other people think it might be.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hello, Watcher777 ... here's how I see that arrangement of rocks, I tried to illustrate that using some highlighting and coloring (although it does indeed look a bit confusing, at first):

Hope this helps ...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

funbox
the way the neck is al segmented is peculiar

Is it?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

If it's from the hazard or navigation cameras then it most likely will have a stereo pair, as those cameras are used to get an idea of the terrain.

I went looking for it and it does have a stereo pair (both photos available here, which allowed me to make a GIF...

and a free view image.

This way you can see that it's not only two different rocks, they are also some way from each other.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

your right as usual ArMaP, not like we havnt seen unusual segmentation before

funBox

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Wilhelm Reich's not-so-theory theory was that humans evolved from segmented worms, and we work out the muscle tension and trauma storage existing between and within the segments. The first "fossil" candidate found on Mars in '004 was that segmented thing on the wall of the crater that the Rover landed in. And many objects found on this thread have shown segments. Segments are all around us - a song by the Beatles (or should have been).

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

worms into humans Aleister ?
, I can smell a new twist on the planet of the apes, instead of Taylor kissing Zira goodbye , he instead pinches her on a hook and goes fishing off the statue of liberty's crown spikes

hmm don't think I seen that picture from 004 , got a l ink ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

funbox

worms into humans Aleister ?
, I can smell a new twist on the planet of the apes, instead of Taylor kissing Zira goodbye , he instead pinches her on a hook and goes fishing off the statue of liberty's crown spikes

hmm don't think I seen that picture from 004 , got a l ink ?

funBox

The wormy took awhile to turn....into humans.

The '004 pic that turned Richard Hoagland's world (and by world I mean...) upside down (the '001 date on it is wrong):

There's actually an ongoing Arken thread about it and its surrounding friends: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

ive realised , dam im slow today , we discussed this earlier in the thread ,, im sure it was linked ,dam we're going in circles but luckily theirs been a sudden influx of pictures for us to scrutinize

sol 549

funBox

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

ArMaP

If it's from the hazard or navigation cameras then it most likely will have a stereo pair, as those cameras are used to get an idea of the terrain.

I went looking for it and it does have a stereo pair (both photos available here, which allowed me to make a GIF...

and a free view image.

This way you can see that it's not only two different rocks, they are also some way from each other.

The rock behind is clearly separate but it still looks like a smaller thing is coming from a spot in the main rock.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

jeep3r

Watcher777

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Hello, Watcher777 ... here's how I see that arrangement of rocks, I tried to illustrate that using some highlighting and coloring (although it does indeed look a bit confusing, at first):

Hope this helps ...

Assume for a moment there is no supposed notch, then what do you see?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My husband was looking through the Curiosity pictures

Glad to know people are looking! Personally i think the thing looks odd and we have to assume a notch in the big rock to not see something protruding from an area in the rock, but with pictures it is all perspective and no way to see unless we have more information. Color would help alot!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Char-Lee
Personally i think the thing looks odd and we have to assume a notch in the big rock to not see something protruding from an area in the rock, but with pictures it is all perspective and no way to see unless we have more information.

We don't need to assume, it's visible as a notch, specially (to me) in the free view version.

Color would help alot!

That's an illusion, colour wouldn't help more than different shades of grey.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

funbox

alised , dam im slow today , we discussed this earlier in the thread ,, im sure it was linked ,dam we're going in circles but luckily theirs been a sudden influx of pictures for us to scrutinize

sol 549

funBox

worth discussing again, and probably the best, or one of the best, visual pieces of possible evidence for a fossil on Mars pointed out on a photograph so far.ou count the '76 chemical reactions, which I'm not well read up on. Check out those segments. On the other thread it says the earth-creature most resembling this has arms coming out from its core, and I don't see those here, unless he means the whole thing is an arm. I'll go check there. a nice find though, and from the very first Mars rover only because it landed in the small crater that the thing happened to be in.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

yes quite a few interesting features on that photo,

the piece In the middle that is segmented , reminds me of that one not long back ..

funBox

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join