It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Radiation hits San Franciso?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Let me first say, this isnt the title I would use, but it is the title of the video.

Now that that is out of the way, I did find this video curious, and as I am not as educated as some of the members around here when it comes to radiation counts etc., I thought I would post this to see what they thought.

It is a 7:40 video of a person walking around "Surf Beach?", in San Francisco. When he is a bit away from the water, the counter seems to be normal, from what he says, but when he gets close to the water, the counter jumps high enough to set off the alarm.

Since the title says radiation from Fukushima has hit San Francisco, I am curious as to if this would actually be the case, or could something else be causing it? I realize it could very well be the case and if so, I find that bit alarming that the media isnt covering it, and most certainly not good news for the people that live there.

How long will it stay at the oceans edge? What is really triggering the alarm if not radiation. If it isnt from Fukushima, where is it from and why arent we hearing about that?

Anyhow, Im leaving this to the experts. Hopefully you can help me and maybe others understand this a little better.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The media is controlled to ensure no mass panic. The government would show its true colors in handling an uncontrollable situation by the public. They can't have that now, can they?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have also wondered about this and am concerned, I have tried to start eating fish caught in the Atlantic. I would also like to hear the experts and shills chime in on this matter

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here's a video that goes a little more in depth about the radiation heading towards the West coast. Although the radiation shouldn't have reached our shores this quickly, I guess it's a possibility.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I saw this video a few days ago and am fairly sure it is kinda poo...... I think it was also posted already.

Days compared with the avg. annual human exposure (U.S.) 207 (at 100 CPM) 42 (at 500 CPM) 14 (at 1,500 CPM) 2 (at 10,000 CPM)
Days to receive chronic dose for increase cancer risk of 1 in a 1,000 432 (at 100 CPM) 86 (at 500 CPM) 28 (at 1,500 CPM) 4 (at 10,000 CPM)
Days for earliest onset of radiation sickness 25,937 (at 100 CPM) 5,187 (at 500 CPM) 1,729 (at 1,500 CPM) 259 (at 10,000 CPM)

I am of the humble opinion that the water may be slightly higher than it should be due to Fuku. Although I will admit that it could also be due to factors that were present previous to Fuku.

I am not happy about the 300 tons of radioactive water being dumped into the ocean daily. I am certain it will become a much larger issue than most think, or want to think about.

I have made a conscious effort to assume that any "source" of information is not profiting in some way from selling me iodine tablets or survival supplies. It makes me ill that there is a ton of B.S. that is being presented as facts. Doing so only dilutes the truth and causes people not to take anything about the long term effects of Fuku seriously.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Since there are 3 "lost" cores that no one seems to care about, Sure they can remove the spent fuel pools, dump the millions of gallons of contaminated water, clean, bury and remove whatever but what is the story with the cores??? eventually TPTB will not be able to contain the effects and that is when me may see some particle of the truth...this is still early in this disaster, stay tuned....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Should it have taken this long for Fukushima radiation to reach the shores of San Francisco when it happened back in 2011? I remember about a year ago that a dock from the Fuku area washed ashore in San Fran with a collection of trash and seaweed however, I don't know the speed at which the currents or the jet-stream flows in the Pacific. I would think the radiation reached the shore a long time ago relatively speaking.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

How true?

Is it possible for 'debris' from the docks and such to wash ashore "BEFORE" contaminated water arrives?

I mean, considering that surface 'debris' will be faced with wind currents and such that would delay its arrival, what does one choose to believe?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There's a sure fire way to be sure, get an ATS'er who lives in SF to go get a Geiger–Müller counter and get some measurements.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Directly following the earthquake/tsunami/meltdown in Japan I borrowed a radiation detector from my shop at work. I was just north of San Diego at the time.

I created a thread documenting the change in radiation in the area, while I did detect an increase it wasn't anything to cause concern.

Radiation has arrived in Southern California

It should be noted that you can set the alarm on detectors to sound at whatever level you want. I also didn't here him say what type of radiation is device is detecting.

While I don't discount his video or findings, I don't think it's conclusive of anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I will, somewhat tongue in cheek, coin a phrase from a UK comedy classic, Dad's Army, it's about the Home Guard (National Guard?) during WWII, one of the cast played a Scots Undertaker who was a private by the name of Fraser, his catch phrase was..."we are all doomed I tell Ye, doomed!".

It may pay to dwell on that for a moment as the Oceans of the World are all linked and the Pacific enters the Atlantic via Cape Horn in the SE, through Panama Canal in the middle and via the Southern Ocean into the Indian Ocean and thence the Atlantic via The Cape of Good Hope (ironic name?).

Anyway, if all that fails there is always the Polar route via the Bering Sea.

So, you might be eating Atlantic fish currently but the rems will be rising some time soon, that's a fact not a speculation or a conspiracy theory. ATS posters already report Soviets & Chinese restricting Piscatorial imports. Not forgetting the problems and radiation poisoning experienced by US sailors in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Yeah, cheap nuclear power my rear! The legacy will have a half-life of goodness knows what and the UK is hooked on the "cleanliness" of Nuclear Power with a succession of Fukushima type reactors to be developed. Fukushima, what a mess.

I have always felt that TPTB really let the genie out of the bottle when the played with nuclear anything, and now they can't get the Genie back in the bottle.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
There's a sure fire way to be sure, get an ATS'er who lives in SF to go get a Geiger–Müller counter and get some measurements.

I live in Vallejo (sf Bay Area) but don't have a Geiger counter. Someone wants to lend me one I'll check it out an post video from my iPhone 5s

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

This wave of debris was an immediate effect of the mass water movement....the meltdown happened after the initial effect, So first you get the trash, second you get the after effects of the meltdown, in other words the best from japan IS the trash, the worst will take a little time, but bet your sweet buns, little by little, you will know what we have been telling you ....for over two years...you cannot stop it, only contain, and they still have not done that...and the 3 cores???? forget the trash, the worst is on it's way....little by little....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why would it make a difference what kind of radiation detector he is using? Are certain ones not reliable out in the open?

What would be good to know: what were radiation levels on this beach before Fukushima? Is it similar on other beaches in the area? How about near Cresent City and going south toward Monterey? Does the current take a direct path to SF?

Maybe someone can message this guy and have him take a road trip to investigate. If high on other beaches he should inform someone who can post signs. Isn't over 100 bad? According to the US radiation map it is.

I wouldn't discount this guy just because he posted on you tube. He is reaching out to share his findings and concerns. I would probably do it this way too (is accessible). I think attention should be paid.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

you will be limited with just a geiger counter, other poisons are not applicable..google the list of them...and no one will lend you one, no one....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Pfff! This is nothing. Wait for 5-10 years more and do another check and we will see that instrument go berserk properly

edit on 29-12-2013 by TheLastCard because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2013 by TheLastCard because: minor correction

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't get too conspiratorial as this is natural background radiation being metered here. Go find yourself a Geiger counter and hit your backyard, you might get surprised over the different readings from different things you get.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
reply to post by NewsWorthy

you will be limited with just a geiger counter, other poisons are not applicable..google the list of them...and no one will lend you one, no one....

Lol I know that but thanks. Just a lil tongue in cheek humor

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ive come to the conclusion that ignorance is bliss as far as Fuku, there is literally nothing we can do.
Banks, governments, GMO foods we still have time but with Fuku we are literally helpless.

Im hoping this whole thing is kinda like Ison and Nibiru and no one outside of sites like this pay any attention and it goes away, sadly I dont think this will be the case.

Fuku is a big Fuk u to the whole world from the people who brought us "safe and clean" energy.

I am now choosing to firmly and deeply bury my head in the sand on this issue like the good sheeple I am

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

watchitburn

Directly following the earthquake/tsunami/meltdown in Japan I borrowed a radiation detector from my shop at work. I was just north of San Diego at the time.

I created a thread documenting the change in radiation in the area, while I did detect an increase it wasn't anything to cause concern.

Radiation has arrived in Southern California

It should be noted that you can set the alarm on detectors to sound at whatever level you want. I also didn't here him say what type of radiation is device is detecting.

While I don't discount his video or findings, I don't think it's conclusive of anything.

What about now? That's the real truth, from then til now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join