It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Radiation hits San Franciso?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by peacenotgreed

I know there are some natural foods like cilantro that can help detox the body of heavy metal toxicitiy (radioactive particles are heavy metals themselves) and some type of pine tree extracts. Also natural zeolites can help trap and bind to radioactive particles and keep them trapped. It can be consumed by humans and animals to help the body detox any radiation and heavy metal contamination and eliminate it from the body. I know TEPCO has used this to clean up some of the mess near the local oceans in and around Fukushima to neutralize some of the radiation leakage.

Zeolite in Fukushima
edit on 31-12-2013 by homeopath because: fukushima link cut off

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Does anyone here know how much radiation is already in the oceans, naturally occuring?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

Yes, the information has already been posted by me and one other person, from two separate sources.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, the information has already been posted by me and one other person, from two separate sources.

Oh! superduper...

I don't suppose you could point me in the general direction?

Edit: Ah, nm.. found it. Thanks.
edit on E2Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:06:24 -060030America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by ENrgLee because: I see...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ENrgLee

If you're on page 4, previously posted could mean something like page 3, so I thought I already did point you in the direction of previous posts. Is it asking too much to read the thread? It's not like it's 20 pages long or something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

MillionsOfPeaches

If the CPM at the beach near SF is over 100 for most the time, that's 144,000 CPM or more in 24 hours. 1,000 CPM is about 1 millirem. The recommended life time exposure to millirems is about 1,000 per year age (so, for someone who is 30 years old, 30,000 millirems, and 40 years old, 40,000 millirems, etc). So,144,000 CPM is about 144 millirems. 144 millirems a day adds up to 52,560 millrems in a year which as much as a 52 year old person should have been exposed to in their lifetime.

This looks like a pretty dangerous situation for any living thing exposed to these levels of radiation. This doesn't mean the levels inland are the same or that everyone is exposed to these level at all times, but will they eventually get that high inland and be exposed?

Please don't take this personally, but there are a lot of problems with your reasoning here.

First there is no direct universal conversion from CPM to mrem/hr. You must first know what element is your source so you can calibrate for a proper conversion.

Second, your math assumes a certain number of "millirems" for each "CPM", so the units your are actually calculating are millirem per counts per minute, or mrem/counts/min, which doesn't make sense and is not a real unit. CPM is a rate and therefore you cannot convert it to a dosage, but you must instead convert CPM to a dose rate (i.e. mrem/hr).

So assuming (as an example) that your conversion rate is 1,000CPM=1mrem/hr, then 100CPM=0.1mrem/hr, which would be 2.4mrem/day, or 876mrem/year.

So this is about 0.9 REM per year, not 53 REM per year as you described. Does this make sense?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Pathos, so difficult at times.

It looks as though my posts have been misinterpreted so I will try to clarify my stance.

6, seashore based, nuclear reactors appear to have been damaged badly by a Tsunami and it's after effects.

A number of the reactors have exploded, as has been plain to see.

Contamination has poisoned the atmosphere and the ocean and continues to do so.

It is believed that at least 2 reactor cores have begun a meltdown.

Stored fuel rods are in imminent danger of exploding as a result of potential loss of cooling water.

The Japanese appear incapable of sorting out the ensuing mess.

And that's supposed to be OK, nothing to worry about...?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This chart makes more sense. I'm not sure of its complete accuracy, but it's a better idea of how dosage x count-rate works. At least with C-137

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Yeah it reached USA a really long time ago. Radiation moves with the wind like you said the jet stream which is usually like 30-40mph.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Reactor 3 Melting Down NOW!

Reactor 3 is melting down, there is a huge plume of steam/smoke now.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You guys need to remember this is no longer just CS-137. Its a lot of things. You have to take nuclear transmutation into account. Other isotopes were also released and you have to do the same for those. We have a large mix of different isotopes now its not CS-137 you are calculating for.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I have seen a couple of these beach vids and one thing came to mind. Sand is basically particles of minerals worn down by erosion, such as granite. Some minerals are naturally radioactive, so is it possible the detector is picking up the natural radiation of some components of the sand? I will concede that its also possible it IS coming from irradiated water, but that's not the only explanation for this.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Would be more inclined to believe these guys over any official source

Safecast.org/

Their data is supplied free under the CC0 principle related to open source no copyright terms

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was going to post this the other day, I was not finding a connection between the star " Wormwood " and this disaster that is occurring. That is till I went and looked on Wiki.
I am not a Doomest to say, But I found this connection, Between Wormwood, the 137Cs that was released and Chernobyl. That is where the 137Cs that came from Chernobyl comes in, it was in, the junk MOX fuel that was retrieved from the Chernobyl disaster.

The Star part means more than just a Star, but it also means a spreading out and as said prior, Chernobyl means Wormwood.

This is from Wikipedia

15) As with English, both the Greek and Aramaic words for star have multiple meanings.
16) The Greek word ἀστήρ means not only star and famous, but also strewn over the sky - fitting terminology for the Chernobyl explosion and radioactive fallout which heavily contaminated thousands of square miles of land in the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia, much of which will be uninhabitable for thousands of years.
17) An ever-increasing body of evidence suggests that the New Testament may have been originally written in Aramaic (i.e., the language Mel Gibson used in "Passion of the Christ") rather than Greek. The Aramaic word for star, kwkb, can be both noun and verb - for example, to be made a star, an interesting association since that definition applies literally to what happened at Chernobyl.

Wormwood is one of the important clues in Revelation. It stands uniquely alone among the events of Revelation in that it was given a name. Though perhaps not a unique name, the unarguable fact is that the name Wormwood is one which is rarely used. Adding further unique identification is the fact that it is a proper noun rather than a common noun.

Ultimately, one needs to form one's own conclusion as to whether Chernobyl fits the prophecy of Revelation. For me, the book of Revelation took on new meaning when viewed from a 20th/21st century perspective.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

homeopath
reply to post by peacenotgreed

I know there are some natural foods like cilantro that can help detox the body of heavy metal toxicitiy (radioactive particles are heavy metals themselves) and some type of pine tree extracts. Also natural zeolites can help trap and bind to radioactive particles and keep them trapped. It can be consumed by humans and animals to help the body detox any radiation and heavy metal contamination and eliminate it from the body. I know TEPCO has used this to clean up some of the mess near the local oceans in and around Fukushima to neutralize some of the radiation leakage.

Zeolite in Fukushima
edit on 31-12-2013 by homeopath because: fukushima link cut off

Thank you Homeopath. That is great advice and ironically I'm taking a few of those supplements already.

Pimpintology
You guys need to remember this is no longer just CS-137. Its a lot of things. You have to take nuclear transmutation into account. Other isotopes were also released and you have to do the same for those. We have a large mix of different isotopes now its not CS-137 you are calculating for.

That is a good point sir. I know many other isotopes such as Pulonium and Plutonium etc are in the mix, but I've also read that because they're such heavy particles that most if not all of them settled around the disaster itself. That's not to say that some of them weren't shot into the jet-stream or something, but I would assume, living on the west coast, that you would have to be real lucky to pick up one of those hot particles. Granted, if you did, it's all over for you either way.

Pu-239 has a half life of 24,000 years, so I hope they haven't crossed the Pacific successfully. Does anyone know exactly what cocktail of isotoper weHere is a fact sheet on the most common isotopes that are associated with unnatural contamination:

SOURCE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join