It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody heard about the steam billowing at Fukushima the past few days?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
They are expecting to release Iodine at the masses "The packages must be delivered on or before February 1, 2014. "
-Response Date:
Dec 23, 2013 11:59 pm est

Source

Blog
edit on 2-1-2014 by Y3K89 because: add hyper

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

NewsWorthy

I'm guessing we'll know how bad it is after it's to late for Hawaii but that's just a guess.

The west coast is more vulnerable than Hawaii. Hawaii is in the tropics and the prevailing winds and ocean currents flow from the East to the West.

On the west coast of North America the prevailing winds and ocean currents comes from the West.

The NETC.com map can be misleading. Fukushima has a RADCON 1, normal icon yet the number is currently around 144,000. Right now Eureka, CA has a RADCON 4, Alert/Concern yet the number is only at 226.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I would think the "govermental agencies" would have re-calibrated their instruments to show less radiation -

I would trust some other non-involved entity - or even individuals - to give more accurate numbers.

Remember that GE - oboma's tax-free job czar - is involved in this nuclear plant, and many others in the US and around the world.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Yeah they aren't going to tell you. One thing this disaster has proven is Tepco is going to paint sunshine and rainbows over any information released to the public. We still to this day do not know how bad the situation is. How many years has it been? So RT is confirmation it is happening. Finding out whats going on probably will not happen until it's to late and we are being hit with it in the USA.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Y3K89

700,000 packages sounds like the military and the government. I don't think that would cover everyone on the west coast. You would be taking this for a period of time not just one dose. As it states in 20's. So a package of 20 pills 65mg dose. Enough to coat the thyroid. More then likely this will never be used for civilians. Take it for what it's worth.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

jrod

NewsWorthy

I'm guessing we'll know how bad it is after it's to late for Hawaii but that's just a guess.

The west coast is more vulnerable than Hawaii. Hawaii is in the tropics and the prevailing winds and ocean currents flow from the East to the West.

I know of one poster that has stated Hawaii would be seeing elevated radioactivity if this were truly a disaster. However the documented ocean currents do not go to Hawaii from Japan. They first go to Canada, down the coast to California and then go back towards Hawaii. So you are correct Hawaii will in fact see radiation last. This is something I brought up in other threads that has been completely ignored.

Also realize that any radiation you see at the coast is minuscule compared to whats just off the Continental shelf. These radioactive isotopes are heavier than water. Therefore they are concentrated in the deeper parts of the ocean. They aren't floating on top. That doesn't mean some wont make it to the beach though and lets not forget about migrating species or other marine life beaching themselves to escape the radioactivity off the shelf.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Pimpintology because: he is tired and going to bed soon.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

NewsWorthy
reply to post by Dumbass

True.. I didn't realize it started back in 2011 but that's still a few months after the disaster so in my opinion it doesn't completely rule out a connection but does make it a little less likely. Thanks for the info

I touched on the Starfish awhile back. When you have an Elephant in the room and there are smashed objects all over the floor it's just common sense to at the very least have the Elephant on your suspect list. You'd be crazy not to. Fukushima is that Elephant. Tell me how this happens in the Pacific and the Atlantic at the same time without the culprit being in the air? I came up with the idea that the radioactivity mutated a disease that the Starfish already get and made it worse. Accelerating their demise.

That or we might have other companies taking advantage of this Fukushima situation and dumping all of their radioactive material into the ocean. You could make serious money being a storage company when you don't have an actual overhead involved in storing that waste.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Fresh plumes of most probably radioactive steam have been detected rising from the reactor 3 building at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, said the facility’s operator company.

The steam has been detected by surveillance cameras and appeared to be coming from the fifth floor of the mostly-destroyed building housing crippled reactor 3, according to Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), the plant’s operator.

The steam was first spotted on December 19 for a short period of time, then again on December 24, 25, 27, according to a report TEPCO published on its website.

rt.com...

So this isn't an everyday thing but it is confirmed.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Latest News Reuters

The steam has been detected by surveillance cameras and appeared to be coming from the fifth floor of the mostly-destroyed building housing crippled reactor 3, according to Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), the plant’s operator.

The steam was first spotted on December 19 for a short period of time, then again on December 24, 25, 27, according to a report TEPCO published on its website.

The company, responsible for the cleanup of the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl, has not explained the source of the steam or the reason it is rising from the reactor building. High levels of radiation have complicated entry into the building and further inspection of the situation.

They lie, this is no where near over

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
fukushima-diary.com...

Snip: Since the end of 2013, the hoax has been going around on the internet to say reactor3 is having meltdown. (It’s molten already.)

I immediately denied the rumor on Facebook but haven’t made an official statement on Fukushima Diary itself.

From my observation, the mess started from the article of Enenews to say reactor3 was still steaming multiple times in December, which is correct. (It’s not the fault of Enenews.)

More at link above.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Aghhhwwww shhh!!!!!!!!!!ttttttttt!!!
I'v been trying to keep up to date on this ever since it happened, when I was living in Vancouver. Since then I have moved back home to Calgary, Alberta... behind the mountains. But I still have many friends out there, and it still affects all of us. The entire planet as a whole. This is some seriously scary stuff. The worst part about everything is the fact that there is really absolutely nothing that we can do to stop this. We just do not have the means or technology, or anything to contain and fix this.
It's sickening, and disturbing, and frightening to realize this.

We're f***ed. I mean, unless maybe we put aside our petty difference as a species, and stop fighting each other, and killing each other over stupid bulls**t, and focus, and combine our intellect, knowledge, and manpower... maybe, just maybe we can over come this.......
edit on 5-1-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

your post is a lie.

your link states "lastest news Reuters" . LIE. the news is not from Reuters

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

SalientSkivvy
Aghhhwwww shhh!!!!!!!!!!ttttttttt!!!
I'v been trying to keep up to date on this ever since it happened, when I was living in Vancouver. Since then I have moved back home to Calgary, Alberta... behind the mountains. But I still have many friends out there, and it still affects all of us. The entire planet as a whole. This is some seriously scary stuff. The worst part about everything is the fact that there is really absolutely nothing that we can do to stop this. We just do not have the means or technology, or anything to contain and fix this.
It's sickening, and disturbing, and frightening to realize this.

We're f***ed. I mean, unless maybe we put aside our petty difference as a species, and stop fighting each other, and killing each other over stupid bulls**t, and focus, and combine our intellect, knowledge, and manpower... maybe, just maybe we can over come this.......

I live in Vancouver and you know what blows my mind? None of the hippie tree huggers who pass laws about smoking on the sidewalk are parked outside the art gallery with signs about the impending nuke plume that is coming our way. The news still only talks about the beloved canucks with no mention of Fukushima and how sunny and warm we are compared to the rest of Canada. ???? I'm flabbergasted. Everyone seems to have the head up their a$$. I'm buying a geiger counter and heading down to English Bay. If that thing goes off, I'm moving to Saskatoon.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
first the good news

this is supposedly nothing new - in other words no "event" has occurred - just a bubble of increased exposure over old news re-wrapped as current events - there is periodic ground steam at Fukushima being released into the air unfiltered - and has been for some time - and the worst case scenario was confirmed mid 2013 yet didn't "sink in" until the last quarter of 2013 due to the new spotlight pointed at Fukushima over the extraction of fuel rods at unit 4 gearing up

three reactors are now said to have endured full meltdowns in the first few days - periodic steam has been seen for a long time - but because there was no confirmation of "escaped reactor cores" breaching containment and burning its way down into the ground underneath the plant - the steam really never was officiated a cause - be it heated rubble or the worst case scenario - and TEPCO has also been doing all of their progress in full damage control mode to protect their assets - masked as Japanese pride IMHO

Bottom line:

it is a new form of the Sorcha Fall effect (story from the fringe gets picked up by MSM and then that story gets empowered and goes viral) - Turner Radio Network has been putting out the usual "the world is ending" news for a while now - this time it was this story they posted and I don't know why, but some ecological website picked this story up - that there is a new meltdown at unit 3 - while it is already confirmed that unit 3 endured core meltdown in the first few days of the disaster

in yet another unexplainable facepalm move - Gizmodo sees the story on the ecological website and picks it up and runs with it and Gizmodo is in the top 300 most viewed websites on the planet - so it goes viral, probably due to three factors - the Lawsuit against TEPCO by US navy personnel - TEPCO is still mid operations at unit 4 removing fuel rods (scary stuff) - the MSM media blackout on how messed up all of this is

the spotlight this has put on TRN has prompted a response from them over fear-mongering claims and they have:

Gee Whiz! If radiation from Fukuishima is "Nothing to Worry About" why is the Federal Government buying 14 Million Potassium Iodine Pills and having them shipped to a warehouse outside Washington , DC? What you can do to protect yourself and family

so that's the good news - nothing new - no changes have happened

in fact expect more of it - as every new story of Pacific marine life death/mutation makes news - it will continue to be tied to Fukushima by assumption alone - as these stories accumulate, the poison pacific meme will gain steam and continue to re-emerge - stronger each time - I expect it to be crazy enough to carve out a new genre of conspiracy in and of itself, to spread beyond even Fukushima, watch Hanford Site in Washington as a flashpoint too

the bad news is:

well it is all much worse in general and a lot of this is spin and focus point manipulation/diversion IMHO if basic common sense is to be followed

* 3 missing cores buried beneath the plant in constant unfiltered exposure to the environment, molten and going nowhere but farther away from any hope of future containment - all while the world fears the possible failure of nuclear containment from moving fresh & spent fuel rods - because they would be exposed to the air when much worse is already the case right now x3 at least, accompanied by concerns over 'hydrovolcanic' explosions blowing the entire plant sky high upon aquifer breach - if other rods missing are considered x4000? The criticality of an airborne exposure just means a more in your face, more intense, quicker release that would spread atmospherically compared to the much slower release in play now, since it is all cumulative, it doesn't really matter where exposure comes from, as only the speed of global radiation poisoning would be exponentially accelerated; the worse case scenario worried about here is the apocalyptic result of the necessary abandonment of the plant in case of an accident, be it man made or natural - no need to go there - it could just simply mean game over

* debated missing fuel rods from affected fuel pools unaccounted for due to hydrogen explosions (confirmed detonations at unit 3) in the first days of the disaster go unmentioned (rumored to be in a radius of 300 meters to 8kms from the blast site) as the world bites their fingernails over protected fuel rods still left intact and being removed at unit 4 - all while there are possibly countless rods or pieces of shattered rods unaccounted for already having been exposed and still wreaking havoc in unknown locations, presumably near half of them at least beneath the waves of the pacific, adjacent to the plant itself within the unknown radius affected at Fukushima

* the steam being released is from the ground and infrastructure because of alleged fission taking place below ground under the plant at the least, leaking out through cracks in the earth when it rains as that water vaporizes on contact, while 400 metric tons of water is pumped into the cores daily as well - not to mention ground water reactions affecting the water tables coming off the mountain - being treated as new news when this has been happening since the first few days of the disaster - 24/7/365

well it is just down right catastrophic - the worst it could be really...other than just adding to the number of molten cores having escaped containment and into the ground exposed to the world with no chance of stopping it currently

if there are aliens protecting this planet from NUKEs - then I suppose this is the best you can get in terms of "will they show up to help" if the # were to hit the fan

sadly, no increase in UFO reports around Fukushima that I have stumbled across

on a positive note (er I think):

no one really knows what will happen in these uncharted waters, most of the alarmist material comes from those uneducated in nuclear decay among the various known isotopes with a long or short half-life, revealing that the fallout is very difficult to predict, but expect it and prepare even - it took some 12 years to fully assess a much more minor incident at Three Mile Island - this has all turned into one huge near un-approchable lab in which we will get to discover what happens to an ocean continually exposed to unfiltered radioactive fallout - not to mention Japan herself, and her people

for event highlights: VIDEO

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Great post. Thanks.

I've embedded your video for you:

Now if you'll excuse me...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Situation critical? I don't know how reliable this source is, but if it is, why is Russia spilling the beans before anyone else? What is their agenda? Aid clean-up, invade Japan, war with us? I digress, here:

www.salem-news.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
I would have to say after reading that this is coming from Turner Radio Network and then reading the wiki on Turner I will choose to call this BS. Anyone who cares to read about the man behind Turner Radio I suggest here: Wiki

Harold Charles "Hal" Turner (born March 15, 1962) is an American white nationalist, Holocaust denier[1] and blogger from North Bergen, New Jersey. In August 2010, he was convicted for making threats against three federal judges with the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to Turner's arrest, his radio program, The Hal Turner Show, was a webcast from his home once a week.

Sounds like a real nice guy....../sarcasm

I have had personal dealing with Hal turner in 2007 during the Anonymous raid and several from 2008 - 2010. We are both well acquainted.

This man is an FBI informant and race baiter. But I have spoken with this man personally multiple times in my life.

Turner is in jail I believe.

But rest assured. If this information is coming from his station. They are monitoring where it goes and who spews it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

You realize, OP, you're giving credit to a "news" source that's an outlet for neonazis and holocaust-deniers, right? Or probably you've never heard of Hal Turner...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Decontamination systems broke down:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Regarding Certain Overseas Reports on Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

Some overseas press outlets are reporting that steam is being generated from Unit 3 at Fukushima Daiichi NPS and its condition is dangerous, releasing radioactive material, and that there were two underground nuclear explosions at the site. However, such information is incorrect, and we have found no change in the status of the plant.

Steam generation on the operating floor at Unit 3, and the detection of highly concentrated radioactive material at groundwater observation holes etc., have been pointed out as the basis for the overseas reports. We respond to these as follows.

Since July 2013, steam-like gas has been intermittently observed on the operating floor at Unit 3. The steam-like gas is estimated to emerge via the following sequence.
1) Accumulated hygroscopic moisture, such as rainwater, exists below the shield plug (a lid made of concrete).

2) The hygroscopic moisture is heated by the heat radiated from the top of the Primary Containment Vessel (PCV).

3) The heated hygroscopic moisture is released onto the operating floor via the gap of the shield plug.

4) The released moisture is cooled down by the cool atmosphere, giving it the appearance of a steam-like gas.

We found no abnormalities in the measured values (indicating the temperature and condition of the Reactor Building), or in the value of the monitoring post (monitoring the amount of radiation), even when the steam-like gas was being generated, therefore we are certain that there has been no influence on the outside.

In addition, we measured the amount of radiation at the point from which steam-like gas was generated, and found that its amount was almost the same as for the other neighboring points.

- Highly-concentrated radioactive material found at the observation holes
We have been monitoring the groundwater sampled at the observation holes established to investigate the contamination status of groundwater, for the purpose of investigating the effects of the leak of contaminated water from the contaminated water storage tanks in August 2013. At the end of 2013, the measurement value for Tritium, one of the radioactive materials in the water sampled at the observation hole near the tank that suffered leakage, increased from 34,000Bq/L (on December 28) to 450,000Bq/L (on January 1).

This increase in the value could be attributed to 1) the contaminated water that previously leaked from the tank soaking into the nearby ground, or 2) the effects of the water pumping* (*we have been pumping up the contaminated groundwater at the nearby observation holes, however the amount being pumped up was temporarily decreased at the end of 2013).

The value decreased to 17,000Bq/L on January 8. Highly concentrated tritium (almost equivalent concentration level) was found in this observation hole in the past, and the highest concentrated tritium 790,000Bq/L was also found here on October 17, 2013.

TEPCO Source
edit on 12-1-2014 by Human0815 because: Format

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join