It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody heard about the steam billowing at Fukushima the past few days?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was checking around and haven't heard anything but then again It's Football day here in America.
According to this report there has been steam billowing out of the reactor building an a sustained nuclear reaction could be occurring. They can't enter the building to observe it because of radiation levels but they believe this is the most likely scenario.. I live in Calfornia so I Ty to keep up on this situation an this report along with the starfish melting along our coast has me pretty worried. There's a report from Canada I read that says it's radiation causing the starfish to melt but I'm hoping it was over hyped because there's little hope for the pacific if that's the truth. Anyways if anybody has any info on the reactor possibly going nuclear PLEASE post a thread or reply here because my local news isn't covering anything. Here's the link to the reports. www.turnerradionetwork.com...
edit on 29-12-2013 by NewsWorthy because: Forgot link

Here's the full article www.turnerradionetwork.com...
edit on 29-12-2013 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

From the report "Nuclear energy experts have told TRN that the ONLY way this could be happening is if radioactive material previously ejected from the reactor explosion in March, 2011 has mixed together with other materials and has begun its own self-sustaining reaction(s), also known as a "criticality." Put simply, another "meltdown" may be taking place.

There are basically two possibilities if another meltdown is in progress:
1) Pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, have mixed together and "mini" meltdowns are taking place with those small clumps of pellets. This would not be a horrific problem and may be manageable, OR;
2) Pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, went into the spent fuel pool located above the reactor and have begun melting down so seriously they are boiling off the water in the spent fuel pool."

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

S+F.

If this report is correct, true and up-to-date then the world is pretty much screwed now.

Its time for everyone to decide where they want their spirits to reside for eternity, because flesh isn't going to survive long once one of those 'hot particles' enters into a persons lungs.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't like how the report basically said there's a fifty-fifty chance of this being absolutely nothing or absolutely catastrophic.

Sigh. I couldn't imagine an 89 ton atomic bomb.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Live video of Fukushima power station.

www.tepco.co.jp...

I don't see any steam....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

olaru12

www.tepco.co.jp...

Take a look at your video feed source.

If the OP's report is correct do you actually believe TepCO would admit the truth ? That the situation is in fact critical.

i am actually surprised the video camera still works.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Rapha because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

olaru12

www.tepco.co.jp...

I can't get the link to work through Apples IOS... But I'm not sure id trust Tepco to run live footage... I mean they're trying everything they can to play down the damage so who knows if their cameras are truly live/accurate.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You'd want to find the Classic animated film "When The Wind Blows" from 1986.

It'll teach you all you need to know and why it doesn't work anyway.

Apart from being a bloody good film...

And Fukushima? It's easy to be really worried now. Remember Three Mile Island where they talked about an enourmous cloud of radioactive dust if the melting core would hit the Water table and cause a steam explosion?
And again the same talk when Tchernobyl went belly up.

Maybe it will be true after all, when they claim that fossil fuels won't run out IN OUR LIFE TIME.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Posting to keep an eye on this thread. Thanks for the info. I cant get on the cameras right now but dont they have a counter that shows the date. If so that may quelch some fears for the time being.

This thing is a risk until it is secured so again - thanks for the update.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

About the starfish and Fukushima. Well they are dying in the Atlantic too. So I wouldn't make the connection to Fukushima right away. Some sources say the previous years the starfish colonies were blooming and were pretty overpopulated and a disease will spread fast and wide. A disease like nature always does to "solve" overpopulation.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Yeah, but sensationalist radio says that each days, Fukushima releases the equivalent of 100 billion billion atomic bombs in the ocean of Earth, Mars and Neptune, even though such amount of radioactive material doesn't even exist on Earth. Andromedans are now melting from Fukushima's photon belt radiations, if we do nothing the whole Universe will be unliveable by 2012. Oh, wait, we are in 2013. I meant 2014.

(rolls eyes)

edit on 29-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Dumbass

About the starfish and Fukushima. Well they are dying in the Atlantic too. So I wouldn't make the connection to Fukushima right away. Some sources say the previous years the starfish colonies were blooming and were pretty overpopulated and a disease will spread fast and wide. A disease like nature always does to "solve" overpopulation.

Could be... I've lived most my life on the pacific an never heard of starfish melting and splitting apart while still alive but I'm only 32 so it could happen periodically.

I read the starfish melting started in Alaska then moved down through canada and then Washington/California. Which I believe is the exact pattern in which water/weather flows from japan so that kinda lends credibility to it being radiation instead of disease. I would think it'll work it's way up the food chain so things like starfish would be affected early on compared to bigger animals/fish.
As far as it being in the Atlantic I believe that'd be because water flows up and under the polar ice cap then back Down the Atlantic sea board.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.tepco.co.jp...

Looking at that link to the live cam. There is white steam blocking the view of grey clouds in the sky.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

NewsWorthy

There are basically two possibilities if another meltdown is in progress:
1) Pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, have mixed together and "mini" meltdowns are taking place with those small clumps of pellets. This would not be a horrific problem and may be manageable, OR;
2) Pellets of radioactive fuel, ejected when the reactor exploded, went into the spent fuel pool located above the reactor and have begun melting down so seriously they are boiling off the water in the spent fuel pool."

The article adds this:

Since steam is visible, experts tell TRN that Scenario #2 above is is the most likely scenario and if so, it would be an absolute nightmare -- WORSE than the original Fukushima disaster! The Spent Fuel Pool was situated on the fourth floor above Reactor #3, and if this is the source of the steam, the situation could escalate rapidly out of control.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

We should prevent topic drift as this should be about Fukushima

But as far as I know it started in the Atlantic in 2011

Why Are Sea Stars Dying from New Jersey to Maine? Divers Asked to Report Large Groupings of Starfish.

July 23, 2013 — When University of Rhode Island graduate student Caitlin DelSesto collected starfish in Narragansett Bay for an undergraduate research project in 2011, she was surprised to watch as the animals appeared to melt and die in her tank within a week. After bringing it to the attention of URI Professor Marta Gomez-Chiarri, she learned it was among the first observations of a new disease that is now affecting starfish -- also called sea stars -- from New Jersey to Maine.

"An outbreak like this happened here back in the 1990s, and on the West Coast there were similar outbreaks in the 70s and 80s, and every time the populations came back on their own," said DelSesto. "This one seems particularly severe, and climate change may be making it worse, but hopefully they'll come back on their own this time, too."

Source
edit on 29-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

True.. I didn't realize it started back in 2011 but that's still a few months after the disaster so in my opinion it doesn't completely rule out a connection but does make it a little less likely. Thanks for the info

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wish i knew enough about this to know what to think.

I dont know nuclear physics or anything about whats going on. I have heard Michio Kaku say its really bad on the Art Bell show.

Thats all i know.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

But it started in the Atlantic

Edit: let me rephrase that.

It was first observed with star fish from the Atlantic.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I think that deep down we all suspect the situation at Fukushima is far worse than we are being told and always has been.

Any progress in making it stable would undoubtedly be important news, but we hear next to nothing. You'd think that such an unprecedented major event would constantly be in the news, but no, hardly a peep. IMO this silence is deafening, out of character, and suspicious.

I think TPTB don't want Fukushima in the mainstream news at all, not even with false assurances that it has been made stable, because if they draw the slightest attention to it the world would naturally be very interested to know more. Any outside interest would mean untruths will be exposed. So they keep quiet and are doing their best to not attract attention.

I would even suspect the 'live cam' isn't 'live' at all, we could be watching a pre-recorded loop for all we know.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Is this a credible news source?

Is this anywhere else more credible?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I think Bono knows something that we don't!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join