It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody heard about the steam billowing at Fukushima the past few days?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

NewsWorthy

clay2 baraka

j2000

olaru12
Live video of Fukushima power station.

www.tepco.co.jp...

I don't see any steam....

The story says #3, the link you provided has a notice on it.

Notice:Notice:
The live camera location has been moved from Unit 1 side to Unit 4 side.
Starting from 10:46 AM on August 1, images of Unit 4 side of the station are provided.

So the camera is #4 not 3.

The camera is pointed directly at reactors 4,3,2,1 in series. Even with building 4 obscuring the front view of building 3 one should see a cloud of steam above both if the reactor was truly melting down.
This is clearly not the case here.

It may not be steaming at the moment but it definitely was this morning. EneNews had the footage of it an people were talking about it so I guess the report is based in truth..

I have been scouring their site. The only footage that EneNews has is of a steam leak (infrared), released by Tepco back in July.. No collaborating evidence/testimony other than that of EneNews, I guess we'll have to take their word for it.

When blogs throw around stories without any kind of evidence it makes me wonder what agenda they are pushing. And yes, Tepco is no better.

Have you ever thought that you were being played by both sides?..
edit on 12/30/2013 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

What does Bono know that we don't??
Why does he sing " Earthquake 4. Nice and slow. Useless scenes in Old Tokyo. Useless scenes near Tokyo"

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but in the YouTube video embedded in the OP's linked article, a video which is said to have been taken a few months ago, showing a crane attempting to remove debris from the area around the spent fuel cooling pool in Reactor #3, at the very end of the video, roughly at 03:33 a piece of debris actually appears to fall into the pool !!!!

This is completely shocking. It is a mystery to me why the UN has not stepped in to take control of this clean-up.

I'm wondering about the source of this story though. NHK World News is not reporting this. Their lead Fukushima story is of workers being allowed to stay overnight near the nuclear facility.

www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 30-12-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

'Special Report: Japan's homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up'

www.reuters.com...

-Yikes!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is from the somewhat confusing Tepco report published on their news website:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Translation:

The report starts as follows:

Impact on the Company's nuclear power plant by the Home> News Release List> Press Releases> Tohoku-Pacific Ocean earthquake> 2013>
About the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant and (Daily)

About the situation at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant and (Daily)
[3 pm]

December 27, 2013
Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc.

An accident of our Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant due to the Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake on March 11, 2011, and including our location area, to our society, widely apologize for the great inconvenience and worry Regarding that you have, I would like apologize from the bottom of my heart.

Further into the report:

" ( Discontinued April 19, 2012 ) Unit 3 "
· Water injection to the reactor in the fresh water that the water source (CST) condensate storage tank
- Reactor and nitrogen injection in the reactor containment vessel
· Reactor containment vessel gas management system in operation
- Spent fuel pool cooling system circulation during operation
(4 pm to December 17 ) The transfer of the high concentration accumulated water to ( High Temperature Incinerator Building ) the turbine building of Unit 3 → centralized waste treatment facilities

※ 48 At around 7:00 am on December 27 , and confirmed by the camera that from Unit 3 reactor building , 5th floor near the center , steam is generated . Have not been identified abnormal plant conditions of 54 minutes at 7:00 am the same day , the indicated value of the monitoring post ( meteorological data of 50 minutes at 7:00 am , 5.1 ℃ temperature , 93.1% humidity) .

" ( Discontinued April 19, 2012 ) Unit 4 "
· ( And during storage in the spent fuel pool ) without fuel in a nuclear reactor
And fuel moving to a shared pool from the spent fuel pool
- Spent fuel pool cooling system circulation during operation

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I think the Japanese need to make a 50 mile exclusion zone around the site and then detonate a tactical nuke to vaporize whatever is left.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It just hit the mainstream news....www.occupycorporatism.com...

This was on facebook as well, Now all the sheep wil know too

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beartooth

Interesting. How reliable is Susanne Posel? Is she a typical doom nutter or a true investigative journalist? I ask because of the things she says to do in her article:

Some of the recommendations to mitigate damaging effect of radiation exposure include:
• Keep up-to-date on developments via the Internet
• Buy Duct tape, masking tape and self-adhesive weather stripping
• Cover windows and doors with plastic
• Cover electrical outlets and light switches with plastic
• Cover vents in bathrooms and stoves with plastic
• Purchase a NIOSH N100-certified filter mask for each member of the family
• Purchase disposable TYVEK suit for going outside
• Wash obsessively

She also only reports one of the possible causes from the Turner Radio report and it is the most worrisome one, not both.

Makes me think she is more in it to get the hits on her story than actually objectively reporting.
edit on 12/30/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"TEPCO says they do not know why this is happening and cannot go into the building to see what's happening due to damage and lethal radiation levels in that building"

In other words, no-one is prepared to take one for the team...Whatever happened to the Devine Wind mentality

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Translastion:

For upseting one's " health " or Chi

the balance, is now, no longer, in harmony.

for that "they" are Really, really,,sorry,,realy . ( ie B.P for "really ,really sorry ).

The "great inconvenience" of un balancing an entire Generation,,in other words.,,,,

they are really,,really sorry.

now #u-shimad.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by ipsedixit

Translastion:

For upseting one's " health " or Chi

the balance, is now, no longer, in harmony.

for that "they" are Really, really,,sorry,,realy . ( ie B.P for "really ,really sorry ).

The "great inconvenience" of un balancing an entire Generation,,in other words.,,,,

they are really,,really sorry.

now #u-shimad.

Rearry Rearry Solly..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Freenrgy2

I think the Japanese need to make a 50 mile exclusion zone around the site and then detonate a tactical nuke to vaporize whatever is left.

I keep seeing this solution to the problem in various threads but nobody tells us what to do with the "vapor".

I'm assuming the suggestion is serious so bear with me and apologies if it was actually put forward as a joke.

When an atomic or hydrogen bomb goes off radioactive fallout is created and spreads through the atmosphere, eventually settling as radioactive dust which then gets into the water table and settles on plants that animals and eventually humans eat.

That's just the bomb itself.

Using such a bomb to "vaporize" , as you put it, several tons of highly radioactive nuclear fuel, just multiplies the problem by at least 100 times, depending on exactly how much fuel is "vaporized" and how big the bomb was that "vaporized" it.

If you knew that already, I apologize, but I think some people might have taken your post seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok do we have a confirmed report or is someone saying the report from turner radio network is bogus? Because I think this is important to know.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So I'm going with mostly verified since it is all over the internet that radiation levels have increased in California. I don't see this on the map but I also find it hard to trust anything since there is a media blackout on the progress of this. If they would report updates it wouldn't be an issue but we are forced to figure it out.

For the sake of not worrying let's trust our government would alert us to put to use the duct tape and plastic they tell people to keep around the house. Can they deal with this issue anymore unprofessionally?
edit on 30-12-2013 by Dianec because: Added more detail

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Probably to prevent a mass panic/exodus in the West Coast. Though there are a few who may see that is an opportunity to implement martial law.

I think the biggest reason(if it is really bad) is the economic impact. If the West Coast is being radiated bad enough that it warrants evacuations, a huge part of the working bees will stop working thus not paying taxes and that would hurt big time. Furthermore the stock market would take a major(think 1929) dive or worse. I think it is safe to say those who call the shots, and those who could make this public(again if it is really that bad) do not really care about the people, all they care about is the money.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My son, who lives in Northern California, says that this WILL NOT result in the End of the World. They are more worried about global warming out there then this.

Please read the attachment and let me know what you think. I researched the author and can't find any bias in her writing. Maybe you all can.

deepseanews.com...

edit on 30-12-2013 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)
. Here is another one.

www.snopes.com...

edit on 30-12-2013 by wrkn4livn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I don't like to think this way but with how hard it is to find news on this place I'm beginning to wonder. We have to hope someone out there would break the silence though. A University professor, a military official.... Not warning people (but knowing), would be the worst crime to humanity I can think of at this time.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

well personally,,3 paragraphs in,, i read,,, quote " CORRECTION: they are usually cooled by freshwater. "

un quote,, she will once again need toomake a correction .

in an ideal stuation,, the "rods are kept in "HEAVY WATER".

the fresh water is used too,, remove excess BTU'S of heat energy,, or jeuells. Away from the "HOT RODS".

in an ideal stuation.

point being she is but wrong.

purelly

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

enenews.com...

This seems to be a legitimate source of Fukushima related news.

I've more or less got the same response from people I know in California. Global Warming if real is beyond our control(at least to us simple peasants with no wealth) yet they are worried about it. I've met a few who are crazy about chem-trails, yet do not have an understanding of con-trails and what causes them. Just a few examples of how someone can be distracted by things they have no control over when something much bigger and scarier can be happening as we type.

I've said this a bunch, I hope I'm alarmed over nothing. I hope the fallout is not significant but I've done a bit of research and it seems that nothing is improving in Japan and Fukushima will be a global event that will take generations to clean up. Not exactly an ELE event, but very significant with very grave consequences.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

im sorry but u did ask.

CAN I EAT FISH FROM THE PACIFIC?

For the most part the answer is YES. Some fisheries in Japan are still closed because of radioactive contamination. Bottom fish are especially prone to contamination because the fallout collects on the seafloor where they live. Contaminated fish shouldn’t be making it to your grocery store, but I can’t guarantee that so if you are worried just eat fish from somewhere other than Japan.

and from this,,

remember 400 tons / day since, March 11,,,"because the fallout collects on the seafloor",,must be ADDED too the mix.

and that is just the HEAVY METALS/ISOTOPES.

remember,, it used too be a Industrial City,,,,a lot of heavy ,metals,,, etc,,, also got ,,moved too the "bottom" of the Sea.

one would have too be insane ,,too eat anything from that Coastline,, that scrounged the bottom,,,upwards.

in my opinion.

in other words "u don't drink. downstream,, of the Latrean,, marine!,,," lol

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join