It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A War For Your Mind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have been hesitant as of late, debating with myself as to whether or not I should create this thread. Alas, I have finally decided to go along with it.

In today's world, we are bombarded by a combination of (mis/dis)information on all fronts. There is controlled opposition at every turn; from politics, social media, to even AboveTopSecret. I believe as of late, the latter two have come under intense scrutiny by The Powers That Be, for their ability to allow like-minded people across many thousands or hundreds of miles to share their ideas, thoughts, feelings, and emotions. The internet has virtually became an artificial telepathic experiment to test the limits of such a social experiment.

In ways, this has been good for those in control of the world, through top-secret and classified operations like Prism, which allows the collection of meta-data on virtually every American citizen, and every other citizen of the world in 'opposing' countries, such as : China, Russia, Iran, Korea, Japan, etc. However, as we saw in the cases of Sandy Hook and the Boston marathon bombing, this has allowed hundreds of dozens of very intelligent and creative people, the ability to band together and dissect 'official' stories, in order to find the glaring inconsistencies. It is because of this reason that I believe that not only this forum, but many others that follow the same line of thinking, have been infiltrated by people with ulterior motives rather than 'denying ignorance' and discussing conspiracy theories. These kind of people tend to be more oriented towards ridicule, name-calling, demonizing, perpetrators of ad hominem attacks, and feigned ignorance so as to promote the current paradigm of ignorance. These suspects also give the air of authority as if they are more knowledgeable on every other subject than you are by referring you back to the propaganda of the Machine.

I encourage you members of ATS, to pay more attention to your fellow members here. It seems that we have a few dividing lines between us here, to what you could call classifications of 'conspiracy theorists level'. You have those of us here, which may be hardcore conspiracy theorists who literally see the conspiracy in everything. You have some fence sitters that have still not released the asinine idea of any 'higher authority' than oneself, and have taken to letting themselves be manipulated by those in power, by adhering to such a belief.

One sub-group is the highly intelligent and creative members here who tend to see the world through a kind of supernatural eyeglass, and understand it for what it really is. These members tend to have interests spread out over a broad spectrum, and usually have many thought-provoking ideas. Incidentally, these are usually the ones targeted by the 'suspicious ones' of the board, by being ridiculed for thinking outside of the mainstream box, and are the victims of personal attacks of integrity and intelligence in order to sway the opinions of the newbies.

Then, you have those who are just awakening to the subtle 'wrongs' of the world, and are looking for answers... These are the members here in the most danger from what has been coined 'shills', because they do not see the colors of members for what they really are. Their minds are very impressionable, and they are likely to believe the words of those who give the false air of authority that they are here to lead the sheep away from ignorance, allthewhile hiding the fact that they are promoting the same age old rhetoric and ignorance created by The Powers That Be, and their control of education.

Then, you have the hardcore debunkers, who never create a thread explaining or discussing a conspiracy; but post more material that is seen as 'alternative news' which doesn't quite make it to the mainstream headlines. However, these are also the same people who make it a point to show up in each and every thread and start an argument with somebody to prove their e-telligence by defending the established, inside-the-box way of thinking.

When you begin to look at the big picture, you start to see that there is indeed a war on for our minds, to control the information that we believe and give power to... There is a concert effort to draw people away from 'conspiracy theorizing' and is done by a deliberate disinfo campaign, demonization, and ridicule. Free-thinking is discouraged by labeling those who think outside the box with 'fringe'-like labels such as 'birthers', 'hoaxers', conspiracy nuts, new-age mumbo jumbo, and even accuse members of deliberately lying to others in order to get e-fame. In a world where the final stage for the battle of Good (Knowledge) and Evil (Ignorance) is being created, one begins to see that we are coming of our last days. It's as if there is a tug of war going on for the physical, emotional, and spiritual state of mankind between those who promote evil, selfishness, and greed; to good, love, unity, and compassion.

They are attempting to keep us all busy arguing with their agents of ignorance, all the while, they are hiding behind the scenes with the 'big master plans'. They know that if we were ever to pool our resources and intellect together, it would be game-over. So, they keep us divided, and fighting amongst ourselves, whether it is religion, race, same-sex marriage, left vs. right, conspiracy or not, so forth. The point I presume that I am getting to is quite simple... ATS and social media has been infiltrated; there is indeed a war going on for the minds, bodies, and souls of humanity. There are those out there who give the air of authority as if they know what they are talking about, when in reality they are nothing more than highly-trained robots, engineered from birth to protect the system of The Matrix until their dying breath, regurgitating every learned 'fact' however wrong, as a debunking or rebuttal of the free-thoughts of our creative and intelligent members. For those of you who feel as if I have touched something in you with my message, I encourage you to keep a watchful eye for repetitive patterns of opposition by those who oppose you during your daily postings. Finally, I would like to end this thread with a quote from Buddha.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who say it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense. - Buddha

Alas, it matters not if Buddha actually said this or not, because it holds truth regardless of who said it. Furthermore, do not allow yourselves to be swayed so easily by being lazy and expecting knowledge and enlightenment to fall into your open lap by simply asking. If there is anything you desire to know in this world, the often underrated "Ireaditonthe" internet, can help you learn. Take into account the views and ideas of others but also research them, and try to understand who is more likely to be truthful. Follow the money trail; those with the most to gain by lying will do so... Internet fame is nothing, and is a childish trick by the agents of ignorance, to belittle the importance of the ideas of unknown people by rationalizing it as "Oh they are just some nutter trying to get famous." In the end, be wary of those who attempt to debunk theories and threads by utilizing name calling, demonization, those who insist on sources that are controlled by The Powers That Be, and will more often than not make it a point to follow posters around and harass them.
edit on 25-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Good post! However, if these people are battling for my mind in particular, they've already lost because I think for myself. I do sense an "infiltration" (even though we're not supposed to say stuff like that about other posters), but I welcome their infiltration. Sounds counter-intuitive, I know.....but I want TPTB to know what I think, and how I cannot be swayed by official stories or ridicule.

If you're not being attacked for your views, then you're not making enough noise! Bring it on, already! If people can be swayed by ridicule, then they really weren't thinking for themselves, they were just looking for a bandwagon to jump on.

Everybody comes to a conclusion on any given subject based on either reasoning, research, gut feelings, or laziness. Let the shills have the lazy ones.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Excellent post.
We, the Eloi/goyim, are seemingly easily manipulated by TPTB.
Perhaps sites like these enable enlightenment for a few, but definitely allow for targeting of "untrainable" individuals.
Shills, agents, and absolute programmed idiots abound.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It is aggravating. For almost everything that is labeled fact, there is usually some unable to disprove counter evidence. The most annoying part is, facts don't concern the majority of people. They only care that they can look up anything they don't know. They then accept how something is written, because it must be right if its so commonly known. It gives me chills to think, that if some fact was permanently changed online. That it would be accepted as true, without much dispute or concern from the majority.
edit on 25-12-2013 by blindprometheus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I agree, I firmly believe that the areas of highest resistance have the most to hide and lose by their secrecy and continued propagation of the current paradigm of ignorance and fear. For instance, this makes me think back to my thread going into what I believe was the ancestry of Freemasonry, and how they were originally created to preserve the ancient wisdom of Atlantis. To me this explained so much of the disinformation and demonizing against freemasonry and it's initiates. Then, I began to study other areas of 'taboo' by todays current world standards and began to uncover something magical and omnipotent in the knowledge of the few.

I eventually just give up and ignore those who display the signs and symptoms that I described in the opening post... I realize that nothing I say will change their mind, as they have no such desire. All they can do is insist I 'prove' to them anything that I say, however when you turn the tables on them they either shirk responsibility or bring in the mainstream propaganda... For all intensive purposes I do not believe the world 'debunk' is real, because it runs on the assumption that nobody can, has or will, rebut it. Ironically again, most arguments of a 'debunking' nature, rely on the pre-determined 'facts' of their schooling, and mainstream propaganda.
edit on 25-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Don't believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. I don't create posts much but I do not have an ulterior motive. I do enjoy reading other people's viewpoint and making up my own mind as to where I stand on any given topic. I do joke around some to relieve tension and I am a hopeless cynic.

I started looking at the good side of humanity and most of the drama went away. I know there are things that are hopeless in current events but I also know not to let that shape my everyday life or bring me down. Sometimes I have to rewrite a post because I think it went a little too far but other times, they get through. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. We are all capable of being wrong sometimes and I wouldn't hold it against you if you posted on a bad day.

PS: Tolerance is what the problem is. People get offended by the smallest things now.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your thoughts here. Excellent insight.

Too many are blind to what's happening to us as a culture.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

LOSTinAMERICA
I started looking at the good side of humanity and most of the drama went away. I know there are things that are hopeless in current events but I also know not to let that shape my everyday life or bring me down. Sometimes I have to rewrite a post because I think it went a little too far but other times, they get through. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. We are all capable of being wrong sometimes and I wouldn't hold it against you if you posted on a bad day.

PS: Tolerance is what the problem is. People get offended by the smallest things now.

Merry Christmas

The tolerance thing is a major problem. Not everyone has the same viewpoint, that would be ridiculous - and liberals were supposed to be parading tolerance - but look what happened, they became intolerant -

My bottom line is that people are different, and we should be celebrating the differences. A society where people are afraid to be themselves is a society where no one can grow and no one can get to know themselves or one another.

Check out this dream I had: The Shower Curtain Dream

This is what I've turned in to, as one poster noticed, although I interpreted it as many in our society. Hard to know.

Also, I like your idea of assuming the universe is good.

"I think the most important question facing humanity is, ‘Is the universe a friendly place?’ This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves. -Albert Einstein

edit on 25pmWed, 25 Dec 2013 21:39:48 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

"God does not play dice." -Albert Einstein

Well... theoretically, he does, just a lot of it

But Einstein was the main author of Relativity, so I can give him credit for not understanding Quantum. The second quote was part of the first one.
edit on 25pmWed, 25 Dec 2013 21:47:07 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am glad that you decided to write this thread after all. Very well said.

You articulated what I've been thinking as I read ATS threads and posts. I am not a heavy poster myself and I don't initiate threads. Why? For a lot of different reasons. One is that I can see many sides of things, so I find myself unable to "take a side" in a debate, as it is only my perception, my belief, my opinion, my thought about something - and it may not be truth. Or it may be. I often can see solid points from many diverse angles, and because in some situations, we don't really have the absolute full knowledge / truth of something, it's just everyone's guess (even if they believe it is true).

When I was a kid, I one day decided that the only thing I knew for sure was that none of us know anything for sure.
And if someone insisted they knew the truth, it was there prerogative to believe so but it was not necessarily Truth.

Anyway, I am rambling as it is late and I'm tired. But the point I wanted to make was that on ATS, I don't post a lot because I don't really feel the need to defend my perspective or thoughts, especially from argumentative folks who are sort of bullying in nature. I've had enough conflicts in "real life" and don't feel the need to "be right" on a cyber forum or argue a stance. I respect many who post here. I admire many - as they sometimes develop really intriguing, well-written, well researched threads about things that are fascinating, obscure, unusual or just plain awesome.

But there are some where I feel they are either all about "playing" on this site, being bullies, or with deeper and darker intentions to sidetrack, confuse, sway or build stereotypes of those who question, think, and don't accept status quo.

I hope those who are new here, or those who are still exploring and expanding and questioning this strange new way of looking at the façade of our lives today -- that they see the trolls under the bridges for what they are.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Excellent Observation and Post. It is often the out of the box theories, or conspiracy theories that are proven end up proven true later. I never see these people after they are proven wrong. My personal belief is they are a concerted effort by the government or various others in academia, etc. to try and suppress out of the box ideas and thinking that threaten their careers. These people that write books, text books, established theory, etc. are threatened because if they are proven their theories and teachings have a fatal flaw, they will lose their grant money often from the government teat.

In any event, they are under threat by the internet and sites like ATS. Sure there are people that will say anything or misinterpret things they read. However, I have met some very experienced and intelligent people here on ATS that know what they are talking about. I even suspect some of them could be scientists, theoretical physicists, etc. from academia that could not put these ideas out in any other environment without losing their credibility and research grant money.

Time will tell, but I have been around long enough to see some theories proposed right here on ATS become the new accepted theory. Sometimes even facts have been uncovered here that bring answers to current events that are not published elsewhere.

This brings into the discussion the MSM. Quickly losing their credibility, they still try to push the propaganda their corporate masters dictate upon them. I often read news here, both from local stories in media to personal (ATS Member) reporting that gives us information and facts that often can take days to finally come out on MSM. That is one reason why I love ATS. I often know what is happening before most of the people I know. Granted, you have to do your own research and check the history and reputation of whom you might take information from, but nonetheless it is still often first hand information that ends up being more accurate and much earlier than most MSM outlets.

The War for you Mind has been well under way for a long time. I recall one General or Pentagon official saying, "The internet is the greatest enemy weapons system ever brought into our country".
Why would they say something like that, if it hasn't undone their propaganda machine so effectively?
ATS is a great place to exchange ideas, new, events, and new theories. It wouldn't be a conspiracy if it were not for governments and corporations or groups trying to control the narrative. The popularity of site like ATS and alternative news scares the heck out of those that want to control our thoughts, minds, and behaviors. I think we are reaching a tipping point, if not already, where the government and MSM has lost almost all credibility with the awake masses of people. Those people are growing every day thanks to the hard work done right here along with the alternative news site and new site we would have never had the opportunity to hear before the advent of the internet and some excellent site reporting the local happenings and news stories. Often we have local people coming into ATS to tell us what is really going on at ground zero of the incident way before we ever hear or read it in or controlled press.

Well, I wrote more than intended and want to thank the OP for pointing this war for our minds out in full force. Question is, What happens when they realize they are losing in a major way. We already have heard the attacks on "Conspiracy Theorist" sites and the people that are involved with them being some kind of threat. The only threat we are is to their LIES, OMISSIONS, and TWISTED LOGIC! That's right, we don't take their press release as gospel any longer, if we ever did. And we are making a huge impact on people that come to these sites to see what is going on.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
fight for the mind. What mind. It's fried, who wants it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Perfect! I wanted to create a thread like this, couldn't have said it better my friend!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It seems to me our entire perception of the world and how we arrive at it has changed drastically over the last 20 years. Go back before the internet was used by everyone, say 1995 or so. - facts were ascertained by reading books and periodicals and now it's videos and even shorter articles online, few of which have any actual research put in to them. Far too much of what's on the net is copied over and over again.

There were no major divisions between people like you have with MMGW advocates vs Climate Change "Deniers" (I love that one!). We been divided seriously since 9/11 between those who support the government and foreign intervention and those who don't. Further you have the split between the conspiracy theorists and the OS believers which can then be split in to more subgroups.

Do you see what's has happened to us? Everyone is being brought down, regardless of what race/religion/nation/language/club/lodge/activity/group you belong to. Life is a constant reminder of how everyone else is the problem and that is what is pushed incessantly. It's why Illegal immigration is allowed to further split us economically, culturally, linguistically.

It's also the reason competition is pushed so much, especially on reality tv. You must strive harder, work smarter or just screw the other person over to "win". Sports anyone? Are you jobless? If so, then you are competing with millions of others who want that same job, are you not?

Of course those in charge have people working online to mold our collective vision of reality. The beauty of ATS is being a community where you get to know people over the course of years. People don't just slip in here and start convincing long-time members of anything. We tend to find enough facts to know why we hold a particular view and the harder one tries to sway what we know to be true the more they out themselves as agents of ignorance (I like that term too, very apt).
They may trouble the minds of those just learning about a topic but you'll see a pattern where they are always right and never admit a chance of not being so. They eventually become like yapping dogs you learn to ignore.

More and more we find ourselves swayed by mass public opinion and emotional suggestion. Facts are few and far between, the world has become a literal fogbank where we're no longer sure of what is real and what is imagined. We are unwilling to challenge age-old assumptions of authority.

If a person is lied to enough times eventually they can no longer rationally decide truth from lies. I went through a relationship like that and once it was over only then could I understand what was really going on . We are in a similar situation with the PTB. We know nothing, claim opinions as fact and smugly deny whatever gets inside our comfort zone of familiarity. So long as we willingly cling to false notions and allow our world view to be molded by media we will never break the intellectual death grip they have on us collectively.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'd have to definitely agree ATA. Those of us who have been here long enough to be convinced as to the factuality of our views, are not so easily swayed by the agents of ignorance, who spew their OS rhetoric. However, it is the newcomers who are still impressionable and looking for answers, that the real battle is to be held at. It worries me and makes me wonder just how badly the PTB are scared of us. I think they know the Apocalypse, or 'revealing' is coming, and they are attempting to keep us complacent until all of their turtles are in a row before they break the shells and reveal what is really going on; unmasking the villains.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas, i logged in just to applaud your thread. This is a thread that many should read. I have no thing to add, except a flag.

This thread is a excellent companion for a cup of morning coffee, and i thank you for creating it. It feels good. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Niels Bohr knew physics could not advance if main stream views are accepted without question. The students who came to study under the master were told:
Every sentence I utter must be understood not as an affirmation, but as a question.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas
If only I was allowed to out these agents of ignorance on this board without fear of reprisal from the moderators...

I don't know if it's maybe me, and my bull# meter, but you guys are so obvious it's just plain stupid...
edit on 26-12-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

I feel you there. I wish there was just one forum that was not moderated, so people could say what they think without any repercussions.

Great thread, by the way.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Is there censorship on ATS, then?

Should there be censorship on ATS?

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Can a member post topics that seem to attract the people who lob on to present disinfo and not stay on topic?

I'm looking at a few warnings this evening in a thread that I really wanted to read, but was controlled by a person who just wanted to regurgitate racist rubbish.

There, currently seems to be a few issues that are not allowed to be discussed, and are seemingly controlled by the MSM, or gov't.

Topics that are very different in origin - I'm not just talking about politics.

By the way - where's Cheesey?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join