It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is A War For Your Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

No there is not censorship on ATS; but I was also aware that ATS was primarily a conspiracy forum to deny 'ignorance', not stupidity, but the 'non-knowing' of information.

I think that people who display anti-conspiracy attitude, and are here for nothing more than to ridicule and demonize anybody that does, should be watched very heavily, and personally are highly suspicious to me. I see I must have touched a nerve..

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I've been reading through ATS for about an hour this morning while not being signed in.
I just had to sign in when I read your opening post to this thread to say:

Great thread! S+F!

Did you know the unwritten tagline assigned to ATS by some off-site entities is:

"ATS: Where Ideas Go To Die"

When COINTELPRO runs the backend, what else would one expect but a slough of dubious member accounts assigned to military psy-ops.

But I'm still able to sift through much of the obvious disinformation and discover things I wouldn't see anywhere else.

If I'm quick enough to take a screenshot of the page before the thread is 404'ed, that is.

Good luck, and godspeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

No there is not censorship on ATS

Yes. Yes there is. I've been around here a little bit longer than one might assume. And I see it constantly. It's pervasiveness borders on the absurd. It's implementation: so quick it makes you wonder how many people are watching you type the content of your post as you are typing the content of your post...

Make no mistake: This site is one of a number of like-sites, under the same umbrella of control.

edit on 26-12-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: dte456

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

This site is one of a number of like-sites, under the same umbrella of control.

Intriguing. Any idea who's doing the controlling?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Personally, I'd rather ignore that question. It doesn't lead down good roads.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

Personally, I'd rather ignore that question. It doesn't lead down good roads.

edit on 26-12-2013 by HoboHumpinSloboBabe because: quote

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Should we change the site motto, then? Something like 'deny curiosity' might be more appropriate.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

A motto like that is much more appropriate for fellows with their minds firmly closed; wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

No there is not censorship on ATS;

Yes, yes there is.

There is a certain subject that cannot be discussed on ATS, a subject I personally think is MASSIVELY important. Now, what is one to think about that?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

VeritasAequitas

A motto like that is much more appropriate for fellows with their minds firmly closed; wouldn't you say?

I have had a few heated discussion's with certain posters on this site. One in particular and i think he may have just outed himself.
i like to keep an open mind on every thread!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I can almost always spot them
It's scary how many people take 'sharing my views and opinions' to be a rationalization for pure agentry....

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I'd say it was an appropriate motto for someone who doesn't want to discuss who wields the Umbrella of Control.

Could it be Mary Poppins?

Personally I have always thought there was something Reptilian about Julie Andrews.

edit on 26/12/13 by Astyanax because: Julie Andrews was actually quite hot.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I don't want to discuss that idea because I'd quite like to keep my account unbanned, banbait...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You guys really do need to get out of that room for a while. Take a break. Go have a cigarette and some coffee for cryin' out loud.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I don't want to discuss that idea because I'd quite like to keep my account unbanned.

Then there is censorship on ATS; self-censorship, at least.

As Milos Forman said,

The worst evil is — and that's the product of censorship — is the self-censorship, because that twists spines, that destroys my character because I have to think something else and say something else, I have to always control myself.

To me, it sounds as if this is what your opening post's about: feeling pressure to censor yourself on ATS, however circumspectly, in order not to be preyed upon by those that would challenge your views or make themselves otherwise unpleasant. Am I mistaken?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I think that people who display anti-conspiracy attitude, and are here for nothing more than to ridicule and demonize anybody that does, should be watched very heavily, and personally are highly suspicious to me. I see I must have touched a nerve..

Surely, you don't believe that. One of the main reasons persons have the 'everything is a conspiracy' tag is because they need someone to blame their failures on-the Government is close in hand. Also, they don't realize that using Google as their one and only source minimizes any chance they will see the truth-which is exactly what they want. Face it-the internet is nothing but a dumping ground for persons who feel they have been passed over by the good ship lollypop, their boat sunk before it came in, M.....F......Leprechaun lied there is no gold and all they got was the Goose that laid the golden turd.

You can hee, haw and moan all you want about that but you know it's true. Even a solution is a way to put them down-the government admitted to a conspiracy in the JFK assassination 37 years ago-they can't do that! It's a conspiracy that they called it a conspiracy.

Also, anyone who questions the total government run conspiracy, is a 'government shrill' or propaganda peon that is programed and commandeered by the evil forces at work.

Yes, I do take the official line at times, however I also devote quite a bit of time to paranormal research.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

spooky24

Surely, you don't believe that. One of the main reasons persons have the 'everything is a conspiracy' tag is because they need someone to blame their failures on-the Government is close in hand. Also, they don't realize that using Google as their one and only source minimizes any chance they will see the truth-which is exactly what they want. Face it-the internet is nothing but a dumping ground for persons who feel they have been passed over by the good ship lollypop, their boat sunk before it came in, M.....F......Leprechaun lied there is no gold and all they got was the Goose that laid the golden turd.

You can hee, haw and moan all you want about that but you know it's true. Even a solution is a way to put them down-the government admitted to a conspiracy in the JFK assassination 37 years ago-they can't do that! It's a conspiracy that they called it a conspiracy.

Also, anyone who questions the total government run conspiracy, is a 'government shrill' or propaganda peon that is programed and commandeered by the evil forces at work.

Yes, I do take the official line at times, however I also devote quite a bit of time to paranormal research.

Actually I do believe that... I also believe that is false to assert that the internet is somehow inferior to the real world, because of the garbage which exists, when those with lower than average IQ have access to it. However, those of us who are governed with reason, logic, intuition, and creativity, have the wisdom to wade through the waters of weak thought-forms, and pick out the diamonds at the bottom. If everybody was more like that, we would not have this kind of problem.

I mentioned that there are fence-sitters, who don't know which side to take; however they are much different and much more amenable to the people who only get on ATS to try and dissuade people from any kind of free thought of real value... Watch for all the threads with real substance to them about the 'speak not' categories, and all the naysayers that will do their best to completely ruin everything... It's as if these people stalk ATS just to deride other peoples beliefs, while never making a thread and discussing content that they are interested in...

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

...people who only get on ATS to try and dissuade people from any kind of free thought of real value... Watch for all the threads with real substance to them about the 'speak not' categories, and all the naysayers that will do their best to completely ruin everything... It's as if these people stalk ATS just to deride other peoples beliefs, while never making a thread and discussing content that they are interested in.

Are these people preventing you from posting what you like on ATS? Do you feel you cannot freely speak your mind because of their activity on the forum?

Are members censoring each other on ATS?
:

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I learned the hard way, after making good reputation, account was banned. Not that I miss it, but to get comrade is harder when you cant trust anybody.

Anti conspiracy participant on a conspiracy website, how convenient, where do they come from ?

Now, I just make jokes, its easier to do that. I do get out to smoke occasionally and coffee is on the table all the time. The reason I stay on ATS is, sometime we get different view on things and of course, occasional blurry 70x20 pixel UFO on 2048whatever pixel pics..

Somehow, I felt I turned to a forum troll.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Great post op.

Real birds in digital cages?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join