It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

you can search Google by image.
Its a first level stalker technique. Or, as it relates to us, a good way to find larger versions of images that people bring to us that are just too darned small to make work.

ETA: i would hang that painting of hers up in my house in a heartbeat. My favorite color palette is in use int hat image...and it has the vaguely abstract look that I love so much.
edit on 2/8/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ah shoot, didn't know it would be that easy for you guys to stalk my adorable vijvij, i suppose since it's already out, it's out

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Jarring
ah shoot, didn't know it would be that easy for you guys to stalk my adorable vijvij, i suppose since it's already out, it's out

In this thread, i suspect no one has any interest beyond her amazing talent (she has at least 5 images that I would pay for. Seriously....tell her to put some stuff in "Prints"....). Or maybe the fact that she is your love...we do have a family atmosphere here.

And like i said...you are in alabama.....load up and sleep sound.
LOL

But yeah, she is a wonderful talent. Some of the commenters on there reference how underappreciated she is. They are right.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i'll talk to her about it, she does do commissions, however, it's next to impossible to make a living as an artist where she's from though, so she doesn't expect to keep it as anything but a hobby unfortunately. i might be able to convince her to make it full time when she moves here, but idk, she probably would be best sticking with her current goal in aerospace engineering anyways.. probably best bet

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by AboveBoard

OK, i have a starting point here for us.

Abbey...i am really not happy with the results here. But I am going to leave it so you can see the general direction that I am working towards and provide feedback. I obviously need to rework her skin tone, as she looks dead. LOL. The problem was the original dress being red/white.

Maybe we should move out of the blue pallete? I dunno....ill mess around with it this evening. If you have feedback before then, let me know.

DISCLAIMER: i only take in carbohydrates for 1 weekend a month. This is that weekend, and I plan on imbibing more wine than is necessary. LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Jarring

i'll talk to her about it, she does do commissions, however, it's next to impossible to make a living as an artist where she's from though, so she doesn't expect to keep it as anything but a hobby unfortunately. i might be able to convince her to make it full time when she moves here, but idk, she probably would be best sticking with her current goal in aerospace engineering anyways.. probably best bet

I am a full time suit for a small corporation. I work, usually, around 11 hours a day 6 days a week. And on Sundays i still put in about 4 hours (i benefit from being able to work remotely). My spare time is spent doing art, as it is what allows me to decompress and remain sane. I do art sometimes at work, too. Occasionally, i may even do something for the business (ads, tickets, collateral, etc). None of it pays. I have made corporate logos for folks and all the tshirts that my family wears (we like custom designs way better than wearing the same Nike Swoosh everyone has).

I have no illusions that I will get rich doing art. I actually have no desire to get rich...but that is a different topic.

She should do it out of passion and enjoyment. Being a rocket scientist is tres cool...no need to change that plan. But she will put the calculator down at some point in the day, and at that point picking up a paint brush and a glass of wine....that is what its all about.

If she choosing to sell prints of what she makes, let me know. My office has nothing on the walls other than file cabinets. And my home...there is always room for one more amazing piece.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

oh yeah, definitely, she will still be doing art.. she always finds time to do it.. constantly pumping out pieces.. she will definitely be doing art while doing rocket science as well.
i just know she could make a good living here as an artist with how talented she is.
but at the same time, i don't want her to give up on her other dreams, especially with how awesome they are.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Lol im just ( clever ). What i use is a small addon in firefox called copyright infrigiment finder and i see and i find
This addon is something i have used for a long time even before joining ATS as i have had my fights over my own copyrights so it have been handy. Nothing eats you more than someone selling your work as their own.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

ouch X.x

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

bigfatfurrytexan

OK, i have a starting point here for us.

Abbey...i am really not happy with the results here. But I am going to leave it so you can see the general direction that I am working towards and provide feedback. I obviously need to rework her skin tone, as she looks dead. LOL. The problem was the original dress being red/white.

Maybe we should move out of the blue pallete? I dunno....ill mess around with it this evening. If you have feedback before then, let me know.

DISCLAIMER: i only take in carbohydrates for 1 weekend a month. This is that weekend, and I plan on imbibing more wine than is necessary. LOL

Hey BFFT!

Did I miss this post earlier? The thread here has been moving so quickly - I keep checking in but ya'll are talking so fast it would be easy for me to blow past your original post - lol!

I love the direction we are heading... here are some thoughts:

We do not need to stick with a blue palette.
The sacred geometry "moon" seems like it could be more visible - whatever coloring would work with whatever palette you dig into. Red is fine if it works. The overall feeling is a bit on the grey side, so I'm all for playing with colors.

Would it be possible to have a second, smaller, matching sacred geometry figure in her lap or thereabouts? Next to her hand?

Liking the cool sword and the light on the water! (It's kind of funny - there is the smiling woman kicking back on her chair in the middle of the lake like its perfectly normal in a "Would you like a cup of tea?" sort of way, and then...there is that sword...can she wield it? "What, this old thing?," she says casually... Hmmm...yes...yes, I think she can... LOL! A fun twist on the traditional "Lady of the Lake.")

Thanks so much!
I know I'm a pain... I appreciate you putting up with me!

- AB

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You are not a pain.
You are a friend.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Aw. Well. (*ahem*)
You too.

- AB

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

the girl in your avatar kind of reminds me of Michaela Conlin, Angela from Bones

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

My current avatar - yes - I can see that! Good eye. I don't know who my avi-girl is in RL. She is a composite of two people, I believe. I asked BFFT to make her smile and she got a whole new face! lol!

Nice to meet you, Jarring!

- AB

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

u2 hi

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

AboveBoard
reply to post by Jarring

My current avatar - yes - I can see that! Good eye. I don't know who my avi-girl is in RL. She is a composite of two people, I believe. I asked BFFT to make her smile and she got a whole new face! lol!

Nice to meet you, Jarring!

- AB

The face was just a stock photo of a girl smiling. Her skin pitch matched up best with the rest of the body, so she got used.

I remember the sulking, sullen girl. She was pretty, but sad. LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yep.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

smile definitely looks better.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Jeez................. I watch 2 games of rugby and the thread moves into another dimension

Gotta love ATS

Cody

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
nope
edit on 2/8/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join