It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
nope
edit on 2/8/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Nope what or what is nope or to what is nope referring. Your nope has confused me.

P

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
nope

Does this have something to do with the extra carbs??

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by frayedknot

Check your U2Us. I have sent details on how to set it up right for you.

reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Check your U2Us also. The link is fixed now.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

AboveBoard

bigfatfurrytexan
nope

Does this have something to do with the extra carbs??

Maybe a little.

I posted something that, once looking at it on a webpage, i didn't like.
Besides, i only drank 1 bottle of wine last night. LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Aah you got pixel blind.. good tricks is to flip pic horizontally or zoom out a lot. Pixel blindness and carbs walks hand in hand. poor you...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Is that what it is?

I have noticed that if i save something and then come back to it awhile later, I can detect things I didn't see before. It is usually what i do when making something where quality counts.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think my issue stems from the size of the source image for the lady....

....im going to work on that.
edit on 2/9/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i think i got it worked out

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That is it.. happens to everyone who stares screen quite sometime. Even if you step out for awhile its good to flip image to see if there is anything what bothers you, if image looks good in both ways then its good.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Happens with writing as well. Go back the next day and rewrite half a chapter because it was just not so good.

Glad I am not into sculpture. You can't easily correct mistakes.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I am going to be careful how I put this.

The original had an air of innocent sexual mystique about it. The almost, but not quite, up-skirt view and the girl completely oblivious to that fact. That whole element has disappeared.

I could guess that AboveBoard may not be worried, perhaps even relieved, still, at some level she may have liked the fact. If she would like I could find another image with those same qualities.

Um, hope this is not out of line.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I remember her response to that "upskirt" aspect ("YIKES, do you think that is ok?"). I cringed a bit myself while making it, but saw it for what it was.

I have posted things here that I am not satisfied with. Partially to get feedback on placement and whatnot from abby. but partially to see if there was a better picture to source the lady from. I just don't like the skin tone on this one...

In any event, even if you have a lady sitting on the floor (i can put her in a chair if it is from straight on...not angled down or up), share it with me if you like.

Maybe the aussie google search results will be better than we have in the US. The only other option I have found that I am liking is a blond girl in a miniskirt, sstaring up tot he left.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

i like this image quite a bit, as the "dipping the toe in the water" might me a nice touch (ill put ripples coming out from it, for example). But she looks like she is about to kill you....so i run the additional risk of having to get the right face to blend over it.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Have you thought of cropping the skin parts and making them darker to suit the image? The original girl with the darker skin tones seemed to suit the image better, made it a bit 'softer' if that makes sense.

For some reason the other image you did, even as proof of concept is lacking something, I just can't figure out what it is or why, but it looks 'off' somehow. It's not the artwork or even the image style, it just doesn't quite look right.

I can remember the original one we all did, if I remember correctly finding a girl sitting down was a hell of a challenge, I think I did what you did and composite two or three images together. If you want throw us a few search phrases you have used and I'll do a Google search here and post the links so you can have a look from this end. There might be something different here not coming up on the US search engines.

About the only thing I could come up with is the background is a little too dark for the foreground style. I was even going to maybe suggest dollukka do an original piece you can then work into a new background.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

74Templar

Have you thought of cropping the skin parts and making them darker to suit the image? The original girl with the darker skin tones seemed to suit the image better, made it a bit 'softer' if that makes sense.

For some reason the other image you did, even as proof of concept is lacking something, I just can't figure out what it is or why, but it looks 'off' somehow. It's not the artwork or even the image style, it just doesn't quite look right.

I can remember the original one we all did, if I remember correctly finding a girl sitting down was a hell of a challenge, I think I did what you did and composite two or three images together. If you want throw us a few search phrases you have used and I'll do a Google search here and post the links so you can have a look from this end. There might be something different here not coming up on the US search engines.

About the only thing I could come up with is the background is a little too dark for the foreground style. I was even going to maybe suggest dollukka do an original piece you can then work into a new background.

I trimmed the above girl out to see if i can make her work. Itll be a few hours before i get to it, as the wife is demanding some time from me. LOL

I have searched using the following:

woman sitting
seated woman
seated lady
sitting
lady sitting
woman chair
lady chair
woman cross legged
lady cross legged
sitting chair

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

woman sitting

Seated woman

Seated lady

Sitting

These are just first four, I have to get back to work, I will post up the rest in a few hours. I can see a few good ones in there already though, just depends on the quality and size of course.

Have fun with the wife.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

hey fellow Artists of the pixels , hope im not to late for the comp , and lazy me I havnt even bothered to read the thread ..

*funBOx hurriedly shuffles the fingers preying hes not to late*

how about a lady popping up ?

I may have fudged the resolution it might not fit , o well
funBox

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It's not a competition per se, just a member requesting an avatar.

This is the new one:

We're just putting in constructive ideas to get the image perfect. Sometimes it just takes a second eye or a new perspective to get something to look it's best.

This is Above Board's current avatar, BFFT is trying to do an updated image for her.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a gander over the image, you might be able to bring some new perspective to it.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I see , yes, the first image looked a little peaky with the other lady in frame.. nothing that some layer adjustment wouldn't cure I guess

but overall it looks flat , try adjusting the background so its a little out of focus, you might have to crate a few layers and slowly merge them to get a gradual focus , but I think that might give some depth, what package are you using ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
i think i got it worked out

Hey BFFT!

Sorry to be off the site today/tonight - my boy's Birthday!

I'm liking the positioning of the lady - with the snowy mountain behind her, she looks like she has wings, almost! And the added geometry is way cool.

The mountain/lake is from the current avatar and I really like these. I see you are still working to find the best "lady" for the job.
Wow - I'm appreciating all the work you are doing very much!!!!

I hope you have a great evening at home.

- AB

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join