It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Cool! You'll notice I deferred from mentioning how unusual it is for Seattle folks to get to celebrate like this...

Maybe in a few years you'll get the hang of the smack-talk thing...these young whipper-snappers on the Seahawks team seem like they'll be doing well for many years to come...

As to Peyton, sheesh! He'll ONLY be 48...though I think that's 80 in football-player-years... lol!

Seriously - enjoy the parade and the party!!!! When I saw the Seahawks defeat SanFran, and HOW they defeated them, I knew we were in some bit o' trouble. Wicked team them Seahawks. Wicked team. Drat them.

- AB

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Thanks but I just submitted & now saw your post. I don't think
we can edit after entering. I appreciate your help those were nice tips.

BFFT Thanks mate I took those exposure notes!

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 422014 by Ektar because: left out important info

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

i was in 6th grade and the Bears were playing the Pats in the superbowl. The Fridge had been all the hype, and he came out pretty big in the end. I was hooked on the Bears and their "rub yer stinkin' face in the dirt" defense led by Buddy Ryan and his 46 formation.

A couple of years later I talked to Walter Payton on the phone when my mom bought some football cards off Home Shopping channel. Later that year I met Jim McMahon at Santa Teresa, NM during a golf charity (that night The Moody Blues played a magical outdoor concert that was one of the best nights of my life). I got McMahon's autograph.

Being a kid in West Texas, I felt like I had been given great opportunities for some contact with my idol (Payton) and other team members.

That being said, after watching the Seahawks in the 49'rs and Bronco's game, I am convinced that they are the best team I have ever seen play football. I am also convinced that they convinced the league to let them play with 20 players on defense. It was ridiculous, and I felt bad for the two offenses they played against.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

A couple of years later I talked to Walter Payton on the phone when my mom bought some football cards off Home Shopping channel. Later that year I met Jim McMahon at Santa Teresa, NM during a golf charity (that night The Moody Blues played a magical outdoor concert that was one of the best nights of my life). I got McMahon's autograph.

Walter Payton is pretty much my favorite NFL player ever.

Talent and class.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here's the I hope improved...at least it's good practice. If this one is better
are we allowed to switch them?
From this

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 422014 by Ektar because: forgot pic

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

Walter Payton is pretty much my favorite NFL player ever.

Talent and class.

him and Barry Sanders. I love what sanders said when asked why he never spiked the ball, "It isn't my first time in the endzone, and I don't want anyone to think it'll be my last". Every snap he played he was cursed with the worst line in the history of the NFL, and he still just performed amazing feats tirelessly.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

him and Barry Sanders

True

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I love stories like that. The "Fridge" was certainly the stuff back in the day - now-a-days there are one or more his size on every team (if not several) it seems. And how incredibly cool to get to connect to some legends! I was in elementary school during The Orange Crush defense days. Then there was "the grooming of Elway" for several long years - he came through plenty often, got us two Superbowl championships (and I think the worst Super Bowl point spread one of our losing years...Peyton doesn't have that dubious honor...) but I swear we all lost years off our lives in the process.

I agree regarding the Seahawks. I had my fingers crossed that the younger players would get rattled in the Superbowl and Peyton's experience would kick in and gain us some serious ground. I was disappointed. How they let those 20 guys get on the Seahawk's defense all at once like that I'll never know...or perhaps they can bi-locate really fast? Hmmm... sounds like something for the Grey Area...

Anyways. Now we know what we are up against. Bi-locating defensive line.

- AB

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Zarniwoop

Going to the celebration parade tomorrow downtown

Some pics of said event would be nice to see...
(hint hint pretty please.)

Coming from a different country it would be interesting to see how the other side does the whole celebration thingo.

We have grand finals here in the NRL (National Rugby League) and the AFL (Australian Football League), both our main football codes. I have only ever been to one GF and the after parade and celebration, and the atmosphere was electric. Sadly that was back in 1997...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Pls do post celebration pics even i don´t really get the whole american football thing, i have watched some games is like " Big guys move 2 meters..stop.. they move again 2-3 meters... stop and so on " always thought it´s like a morse code lol. There are big feelings in those games.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Love the new sig strip dolluka

American football is a mystery to me as well much as I enjoy watching it, give me rugby any day

Cody

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

i was in 6th grade and the Bears were playing the Pats in the superbowl. The Fridge had been all the hype, and he came out pretty big in the end. I was hooked on the Bears and their "rub yer stinkin' face in the dirt" defense led by Buddy Ryan and his 46 formation.

OMG-- the Fridge

I remember when the Fridge picked up and carried his teammate in for a touchdown....well what he thought was going to be a TD --- didn't work. LOL
But it was hilarious just the same

They kicked azz back then!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I do love American Football, even played it a little bit in my youth. It really is more a game of strategy, which is why I like league compared to Aussie Rules. A sport where you have to use your brains to move the ball forward is going to be a better challenge than just running and kicking...

The funniest thing coming out of Australia was our footy players wear no armor when compared to the US, and there's a long running thing about them being pansies wearing all that gear.

Have you seen those guys without the gear?? Oh yeah, go right ahead and call 'em pansies.

About three seconds before you're compacted flat into the ground.....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

dollukka
Pls do post celebration pics even i don´t really get the whole american football thing, i have watched some games is like " Big guys move 2 meters..stop.. they move again 2-3 meters... stop and so on " always thought it´s like a morse code lol. There are big feelings in those games.

And here I thought you were a Yank all this time....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Some pics of said event would be nice to see...(hint hint pretty please.)

Will do... I'm charging my camera battery now.

My dream job has always been to be a Aussie Rules Football ref since my college days, by the way,

I spent a lot of time watching that sport back around 1986 or so.

The games back then had a lot of coverage here.

Expect to see me someday wearing all white,+
edit on 2.5.2014 by Zarniwoop because: I was off by a decade

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
In the midst of all the awesome football banter...please remember my humble request for some new avi "clothes."

You guys are Da Best... (like Da Bears, see?)

BFFT - are you up for it? Do you have time? Am I still a worthy customer??? It's been awhile...

(smiles winningly
) Thank you!!!!

- AB

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

AboveBoard
In the midst of all the awesome football banter...please remember my humble request for some new avi "clothes."

You guys are Da Best... (like Da Bears, see?)

BFFT - are you up for it? Do you have time? Am I still a worthy customer??? It's been awhile...

(smiles winningly
) Thank you!!!!

- AB

Nothing else will be posted until i finish something for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you and thanks to Zarni for helping me out

Im good at confusing people

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Some pics of said event would be nice to see...
(hint hint pretty please.)

So, here's what happened.

I looked at the traffic maps this morning and figured it would take at least a couple of hours to get half way to downtown in a car and there would be no parking when we got there. So then we go to the park-and-ride to catch a bus, which is what the news said everyone should do. There were a few hundred people in line waiting for a bus. In 45 minutes, we saw one bus come by and it was already full. I'm not great at math, but I figured it we would get to the parade a few hours after it was over. Luckily, one of my favorite watering holes was a mere block away from the bus stop, so we wend and had breakfast and watched the festivities on TV. The place soon filled up with other folks who bailed out of the bus line one by one.

No pictures, but it was much nicer having hot links, eggs and hash browns than sitting on a bus for two hours with no bathroom.

Next year we are planning on going to Arizona to watch the Hawks in person at the Super Bowl.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

BFFT - no worries - the pic I sent you was not so good a quality for this...something in the ball-park (i.e. more like the pic but doesn't need to include it directly) with the new feature of Excalibur along with my chair on the lake...

Why does everyone go to Furry for artwork?

I happen to know he outsources nearly every request to a sweat shop in China.

Nike has nothing on Furry's operation.

I didn't want to let this out, but it had to be said.... sorry.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join