It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: steveywonders

So, what exactly are you trying to get at?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
I just have to comment that, on nearing a whopping 3000 posts, the obvious answer to the thread title is... no ;-)

BT

"....And when the night is cloudy there is still a lighthouse shines on me"

"There will be the answer Let it Be...."

Taken from the none selling album "Ian Ridpath Sings the Beatles"

Come on! This is the most entertaining thread on the internet about Rendlesham. Mainly due to many of the other people who contributed to it despite my most sarcastic sense of of humour.

We've had Steve La Plume (who was at Bentwaters at the time), Jenny Randles, Ian Ridpath, Sacha Christie, Gary Osborn and even Jim Penniston
popping in. Plus all the long term and new ATS members who have joined in and added interesting bits of information. You all know who you are and thanks to the lot of you.

John Burroughs is a big fan of this thread as well. He's always mentioning it on his radio show! Even Stevie Wonder is now a regular contributor as well. That's despite being blind as well! Although I suspect he might actually be Larry Warren because he spelled his name wrong. Oh no hang on those retina burns may not have been real.

Don't forget we even got a statement from Kit Green regarding Burroughs injuries in the sister thread to this one :

"US DoD have confirmed the UFO phenomenon is real"

Thanks go there to Springer - the site owner.

Plus Guest101 exposed Penniston's binary code co-ordinates story by finding the website they came from. We also proved they'd been there long before Penniston released them into the public domain.

But I did give you a star because it made me laugh as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I am enjoying this thread immensly as well, as I do most of your threads.

And I shall here, on page 148, admit to the fact that I was one of those who downloaded your wonderful e-book.

We shall leave the forest with our answers, or not at all :-D

Carry on!

BT

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Raymond W. Boeche published an analysis of the case in the 1986 MUFON symposium proceedings. It can be found earlier in this threat (maybe MM has a way of finding it quickly, someone posted pictures of the pages of the symposium proceedings).

Of course my friend. I believe you are referring to this document : The Bentwaters Incident - Ray Boeche

Where did these photographs (or even movies) go? The answer is in this 1985 CNN documentary from 19:50 onwards:

There is even an MoD paper trail that relates to tape............recorders of the evidence had been handed Gen Gabriel (then USAFE Commander in Chief and in charge of the Allied NATO Air Forces) who happened to be visiting the station. It's buried back in the thread somewhere so I'll post it again.

loose minute memo" from RAF Sqd. Ldr Badcock date 16th Feb 1981 sent to DS8 (UK MoD).

I don't know whether ........ is a deleted word or left purposely blank. Many think that all this refers to is Colonel Halt's tape. But Halt only had one tape (that we know of) . This memo definitely refers to tape.....recorders (plural) and the tape may refer to video for all we know. But that I am afraid is where the paper trail ends for us.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There is the recording of Bruni, from Leeds event I think, where she says Halt told her there were 4-5 hours but she would never see them. Burroughs also has mentioned recently that he thinks there are conversations missing from the tape that is public.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Yeh Halt has claimed he has tapes concealed away here, there and coming out of his arsenal. I don't believe he kept a running commentary of things as they transpired for 4 or 5 hours though. That would have been impractical given the equipment he had with him.

Yet it's also possible the original 'live' recordings could have easily been edited as well. I think Bustinza even claimed that WAS the case.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Jenny Randles told me the following on ATS in another thread:

Funnily enough the two replies above - though on very different things - the News of the World story and the 'machine' comment about hearing the tape are linked by the same person.

I never heard the 'machine' reference directly. But it came from a group of people who met Halt on base in June 1983 in secret and were deliberately told (allegedly by Halt) to not bring 'those dumb broads' with them. As in the three of us!

The person Jenny refers to is Harry Harris.

This answers what was suspected to be on the tape before it came out. What a whistleblower also claimed was on the tape. It also suggests, like Burroughs thought, the tape was edited.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm finding in rather amusing that there's been so much surprise here at the thought of the American military acting unilaterally on 'friendly' soil, in the same month that they dropped the MOAB in Afghanistan

The British gov't in 1980, as now, would never cause a political hoo-hah with America over something as trivial as a few surreptitiously-acquired bobbies' cameras. There are much bigger political fish to fry; others to stay on good terms with; and the bobbies should not have been naïve enough to hand them over.

As for 'Ian Ridpath Sings The Beatles,' I've heard his version of 'Lighthouse in the Sky With Diamonds' and sadly it doesn't stand the test of time :-)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GovernmentSauce
I'm finding in rather amusing that there's been so much surprise here at the thought of the American military acting unilaterally on 'friendly' soil, in the same month that they dropped the MOAB in Afghanistan

The British gov't in 1980, as now, would never cause a political hoo-hah with America over something as trivial as a few surreptitiously-acquired bobbies' cameras. There are much bigger political fish to fry; others to stay on good terms with; and the bobbies should not have been naïve enough to hand them over.

As for 'Ian Ridpath Sings The Beatles,' I've heard his version of 'Lighthouse in the Sky With Diamonds' and sadly it doesn't stand the test of time :-)

I think the underlying question is did it really happen? Why would ANY British police be there in the first place? We know there were already lightalls and troops off base on Halt's particular night. If the British police were present alongside US airmen then what was the deal there? Suffolk police manpower would be severely stretched during the Xmas break. We already know that on an earlier night police were diverted to a Post Office break-in and missed the original incident. So what was really going on? I don't recall anyone else but Bustinza and Warren telling the story about cameras being confiscated.

And that Beatles joke was worse than mine

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Has John ever had:

- A DNA test
- Brain scan
- Endocrine tests?
- Immunological tests?

I'm assuming chronic inflammation is a key indicator for both Burroughs and Penniston?

If so, were the results somehow different than normal? If so, why was this data needed and is he prevented from talking about it?

edit on 26-4-2017 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: GovernmentSauce

I think the underlying question is did it really happen? Why would ANY British police be there in the first place? We know there were already lightalls and troops off base on Halt's particular night. If the British police were present alongside US airmen then what was the deal there? Suffolk police manpower would be severely stretched during the Xmas break. We already know that on an earlier night police were diverted to a Post Office break-in and missed the original incident. So what was really going on? I don't recall anyone else but Bustinza and Warren telling the story about cameras being confiscated.

And that Beatles joke was worse than mine

Yes - the question of Suffolk police's involvement is perhaps more contentious than the possibility of the US personnel trying to confiscate their cameras.

Forgive me if I've missed something in the thread already stated, but are there any official records to show their involvement? Iirc the MoD were pushed to reveal documents on the matter, which stated that the incident related to (only) US personnel? I could be misremembering there, I appreciate. However, if that were the case it would be interesting that the MoD did not acknowledge the involvement of any MoJ / police presence. Furthermore the bobbies themselves carried notebooks for on-the-spot reporting, and would have been obliged to file a report if called out to an incident, or sent out to investigate curious movements (perhaps after hearing on the semi-official grapevine of 'strange lights by the US airbase'). Have any documents of these sorts been recovered that I have missed, as I'm not aware of any?

Collusion in an event would be a whole other kettle of fish, and proportionally more unlikely (but not to say impossible).

Soz for the bad pun though - not enough beer in the house, and I was always more of a Stones guy ;-)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

So, what exactly are you trying to get at?

The truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The truth.

And how exactly do you propose to get to the truth? Its only been 36 years...

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I guess John would have to answer those questions ?

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GovernmentSauce

Forgive me if I've missed something in the thread already stated, but are there any official records to show their involvement? Iirc the MoD were pushed to reveal documents on the matter, which stated that the incident related to (only) US personnel?

Yes there is a Suffolk Police file on the case : PDF Link

The file confirms contact with Bentwaters and also that a visit was made in the early hours of the 26th Dec 1980 with a subsequent visit to a possible landing site around 10:30am. Although the officer attending was far from impressed.

Also the police report also says no documented evidence shows officers were present between 27th -31st Dec 1980.

Georgina Bruni did a bit more digging on this for her book and tracked down Officer Brian Cresswell who other officers thought may have been present on a later night. However when she contacted him by phone she received a terse response.

I know what I saw, I know what I did and I'm not giving you any information.

If you wish you can see the pages of Bruni's book (courtesy of Google Books) concerning this matter : Link

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83
Has John ever had:

- A DNA test
- Brain scan
- Endocrine tests?
- Immunological tests?

I'm assuming chronic inflammation is a key indicator for both Burroughs and Penniston?

If so, were the results somehow different than normal? If so, why was this data needed and is he prevented from talking about it?

He has explained on his radio show that he was "sectioned". I thought he meant he was committed to a mental institution at first. But was clearly implying he is forbidden from following up on certain FOI requests for information. He has revealed that a weapon was developed off the back of whatever happened to him. Although I do not understand how the US VA could prevent any such requests to the UK government.

We are still waiting after about 3+ years now for the following documents to be released

The following are the 18 files to be released by the MoD :

DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C31 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 C3I AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DAIRDEF/111/6/4 CSI AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL LOW FLYING UFOS
D/DDOPS(GE)/10/8 ADMIN + GENERAL UFOS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORTS
D/DAO1/13 ADGE UFO REPORT
D/IPR2X/2/4/1 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 (FOI) COPYRIGHT ISSUES CONCERNING INTERNET PUBLICATION REPORTS OF UFO SIGHTINGS
2GP(BP)/88772/10/ISTAR UFO Reports
M9/18 Defence Policy Issues UFOs
D/DS8/75/2/1 UFO Reports Correspondence
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1971-96
D/DI55/108/15 UFO Policy 1996-2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy June-Dec 2000
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy Dec 2000-March 2004
D/DI55/108/15 UAP Policy March 2004

My guess is this where the Humpty Dumpty Project merges with Operation Silence of the Lambs.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

I thought you'd left us. Glad to see you're still around!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Am still around ctj83, Just another side
of the world presently so time has been limited.
Keep at it, all your questions/ thoughts are
indeed very interesting .

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Am still around ctj83, Just another side
of the world presently so time has been limited.
Keep at it, all your questions/ thoughts are
indeed very interesting .

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

The truth.

And how exactly do you propose to get to the truth? Its only been 36 years...

Helo. sorry bout the spelling sometimes.
like other people on here. by sharing things that have been on recent interveiws, shows
like the thz that affected John and odd things and illness with Adrian.
like these.
Microwaves cause water and fat molecules to vibrate, which makes the substances hot
Prolonged exposure to significant levels of microwaves is known to cause "cataracts" in your eyes, which is a clouding of the lens preventing you from seeing clearly (if at all)

Microwaves
are basically extremely high frequency radio waves, and are made by various types of transmitter.

In a mobile phone, they're made by a transmitter chip and an antenna, in a microwave oven they're made by a "magnetron".
The most common type of radar works by sending out bursts of microwaves, detecting the "echoes" coming back from the objects they hit, and using the time it takes for the echoes to come back to work out how far away the object is.
Their wavelength is usually a couple of centimetres

Infra Red
Infra red waves are just below visible red light in the electromagnetic spectrum ("Infra" means "below").

You probably think of Infra-red waves as heat, because they're given off by hot objects, and you can feel them as warmth on your skin.

Infra Red waves are also given off by stars, lamps, flames and anything else that's warm - including you
Apart from remote controls, one of the most common modern uses for IR is in the field of security.

"Passive Infra-Red" (PIR) detectors are used in burglar alarm systems, and to control the security lighting that many people have fitted outside their houses.

These detect the Infra-Red emitted by people and animals.

You've probably seen TV programmes in which police helicopters track criminals at night, using "thermal imaging" cameras which can see in the dark.

Infra-red satellite photo, showing weather patterns
These cameras use Infra-Red waves instead of "ordinary" light, which is why people look bright in these pictures. Similar cameras are also used by fire crews and other rescue workers, to find people trapped in rubble.

Weather forecasters use satellite pictures to see what's heading our way. Some of the images they use are taken using IR cameras, because they show cloud and rain patterns more clearly.

The analysis of measurements and of particle-in-cell simulations indicates that signals match the emission of charged particles detected in the same experiment, and suggests that anisotropic particle emission from target, X-ray photoionization and charge implantation on surfaces directly exposed to plasma, could be important EMP contributions. Significant information achieved on EMP features and sources is crucial for future plants of laser-plasma acceleration and inertial-confinement-fusion and for the use as effective plasma diagnostics. It also opens to remarkable applications of laser-plasma interaction as intense source of RF-microwaves for studies on materials and devices, EMP-radiation-hardening and electromagnetic compatibility.
The demonstrated extreme effectivity of electric-fields detection in laser-plasma context by electro-optic effect, leads to great potential for characterization of laser-plasma interaction and generated Terahertz radiation

In the mid 1970’s the Ministry of Defence decided that there was a requirement to investigate the possible uses of high power laser systems for both weapons work and inertial fusion energy
experiments. Some work on the use of high power CO2 lasers
had already been going for some time, but following the successful development of solid state Neodynium-glass lasers such as ARGUS and SHIVA at Lawrence Livermore Laboratory (LLNL) in the US, the decision was made to start a laser capability at AWRE.
A small laser system called MERLIN operating at the AWRE
outstation at Foulness was relocated to the Aldermaston site
in the late 1970’s to help develop an in house knowledge base
of how to design, operate and use lasers for plasma physics
experiments. At the same time the requirements for a larger system then called AFL-1 (Aldermaston Fusion Laser -1), with around a Terawatt of power was developed. These requirements were translated into what became the HELEN laser system

Synthetic aperture radar
Highly accurate data can be collected by aircraft overflying the terrain in question. In the 1980s, as a prototype for instruments to be flown on the NASA Space Shuttles, NASA operated a synthetic aperture radar on a NASA Convair 990. In 1986, this plane caught fire on takeoff. In 1988, NASA rebuilt a C, L, and P-band SAR to fly on the NASA DC-8 aircraft. Called AIRSAR, it flew missions at sites around the world until 2004. Another such aircraft, the Convair 580, was flown by the Canada Center for Remote Sensing until about 1996 when it was handed over to Environment Canada due to budgetary reasons. Most land-surveying applications are now carried out by satellite observation. Satellites such as ERS-1/2, JERS-1, Envisat ASAR, and RADARSAT-1 were launched explicitly to carry out this sort of observation. Their capabilities differ, particularly in their support for interferometry, but all have collected tremendous amounts of valuable data. The Space Shuttle also carried synthetic aperture radar equipment during the SIR-A and SIR-B missions during the 1980s, the Shuttle Radar Laboratory (SRL) missions in 1994 and the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission in 2000.

Synthetic aperture radar was first used by NASA on JPL's Seasat oceanographic satellite in 1978 (this mission also carried an altimeter and a scatterometer); it was later developed more extensively on the Spaceborne Imaging Radar (SIR) missions on the space shuttle in 1981, 1984 and 1994.

..........The demonstrated extreme effectivity of electric-fields detection in laser-plasma context by electro-optic effect, leads to great potential for characterization of laser-plasma interaction and generated Terahertz radiation.

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join