It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest…, A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We ‘Let it Be’?

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Random thoughts on RFI.

Questions:
- Penniston wouldn't participate in a Congressional hearing. Why?
- Why won't Burroughs acknowledge his own codes?
- Why is someone still 'handling' this situation? (they must have regretted trying to program Warren!)
- Why won't Penniston reveal what he believes caused Burrough's injuries?
- Why does no one speak about automatic writing and channeling?

Queries:
- Who 'created Burroughs / Penniston mission'?
- is there connection with the Gulf Breeze six?
- Who was the third person present with Andrew Pike and Ian Ridpath at the start?
- How many people thought Terry Hooper Scharf was a men in black?
- Who decided Jenny Randles should join Buttler / Street?

Speculation:
- What is at Keisaig Loch?
- Who was the whistleblower "Karan"?
- Does this connect to the Space Shuttle?

Does Burroughs understand the hidden message of "A Private Property"?
Does Burroughs know who paid for his hypnosis and why it was never used as footage for UFO COVERUP LIVE?

edit on 17-4-2017 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
And then we have John.....

Did you hear John say people were making fun of the lighthouse but they were actually using it "to transmit EM frequencies out of and that actually could have played a part in this".

Isn't that Ian Ridpath's theory that EM frequencies from the lighthouse played a part in it? John seems say that is a possibility though I never heard him say he agrees with Ian Ridpath and I don't know if John knows that light has EM frequencies. Here's maybe not a perfect transcript but it shouldn't be too far off:

38m20s

Kevin: "What do you think it was? You were there, you experienced it. What do you think it was? "

John: "The problem I have is that it's hard to say, I mean I believe that it very well could have been when you get into plasmas there's both plasmas that we can create and are natural and if you go into Condign it even says they're not real sure what a UAP is, at least the part that's been declassified. But in it they say they definitely could be used for a military application, and another thing they kind of hint at it could be intelligent in nature....The last thing that's interesting is there's documentation that's been declassified, the lighthouse how it was made fun of, they were using that to actually transmit EM frequencies out of, and that actually could have played a part in this also.

Kevin: "So what I'm getting from you is that you're kind of confused about what really happened there. You're not sure who it might have been (garbled) something else.

John: "What I'm trying to tell you is I'm not going to sit there like Halt did and say it was ET. I'm not going to sit there like Penniston did and say it was time travelers. I'm not sure. That's one of the things I've been working on for several years now and as you go deeper and deeper into the documents there's a whole thing".

Then he talks about binary, toward the end. This is at 56m10s:

I'm not going to call Penniston a liar, I just don't want anything to do with the fact that y'know I don't tie me to the binary, that's his story, and take it as you will.
For some reason that made me think of the ancient aliens meme where Giorgio says "I'm not saying it's aliens, but....." he's trying to imply it was aliens. So I could see a similar meme with Burroughs:

"I'm not saying Penniston is a liar, but..." you see where this is going, right? He never calls Penniston a liar but there's only so many ways you can interpret this part of his discussion from earlier at 55m30s:

John Burroughs: "There's conflict between Penniston and I because I don't support his story and that's one of the things the skeptics are very critical about....how could you say all this happened but Burroughs didn't see it and Cabansag didn't see it"...
"There's people that think he is lying, there's people that think he believes what he's saying is true but he was messed with"...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Only skipped through that broadcast so far Arby. I'll have to give it a full listen when I have time.

Isn't that Ian Ridpath's theory that EM frequencies from the lighthouse played a part in it?

Ian would be able to clarify that for you if he drops by again. But my impression is that wasn't really part of his theory. John has requested Ian go on his radio show, But I don't know if that will ever happen. The whole area surrounding Rendlesham Forest has had some serious experiments conducted in that area especially around Orfordness where the lighthouse is located.

John did basically dismiss the 'binary code' story very tactfully. Although it seems at one point in the past, someone also seemed to have been intimating he had been given a code as well.

edit on 17/4/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Orfordness Beacon .—The British “ Orfordness” beacon exemplifies an
ingenious technique by which the navigator obtains his bearing from a
ground station by a time measurement, using only his communications
receiver and transmitting no signals himself. The ground station or
beacon transmits a steady tone from a loop antenna that is rotating once
a minute about a vertical axis. The radiation pattern has two opposite
null lines that sweep around the beacon at the rate of 6° per sec., and as
one of these passes the north direction, the signal is given a coded interruption.
The azimuth of a navigator from the station is therefore six
times the interval in seconds from the time when he hears the interruption
to the time when the null passes over him (or this amount plus 180°).

Loran-C was a hyperbolic radio navigation system which allowed a receiver to determine its position by listening to low frequency radio signals transmitted by fixed land-based radio beacons. Loran-C combined two different techniques to provide a signal that was both long-range and highly accurate, traits that had formerly been at odds. The downside was the expense of the equipment needed to interpret the signals, which meant that Loran-C was used primarily by militaries after it was first introduced in 1957.
By the 1970s the electronics needed to implement Loran-C had been dramatically reduced due to the introduction of solid state radio electronics, and especially the use of early microcontrollers to interpret the signal. Low-cost and easy-to-use Loran-C units became common from the late 1970s, especially in the early 1980s, leading to the earlier LORAN[a] system being turned off in favour of installing more Loran-C stations around the world. Loran-C became one of the most common and widely used navigation systems for large areas of North America, Europe, Japan and the entire Atlantic and Pacific areas.

Origin of Pulsed Hyperbolic Navigation in the United States.
The UHF Proposal.—The pulsed, hyperbolic, radio grid-laying system for
long-range navigation which finally evolved into the Loran system was
first proposed to the Microwave Committee in October 1940, by its
chairman, Alfred L. Loomis. This proposal involved the use of synchronized
pairs of high-power high-frequency pulse-transmitting stations
separated by distances of the order of several hundred miles. The
families of confocal hyperbolic lines of constant time difference generated
by these pairs of transmitting stations could then be interpreted as lines
of position by observers equipped with electronic receiver-indicators
capable of measuring the elapsed time between the arrival of corresponding
pulses from the two members of each pair of stations. Ranges from
300 to 500 miles for high-flying aircraft were anticipated

Radar is a radiolocation technique in which a beam of radio waves emitted by a transmitter bounces off an object and returns to a receiver, allowing the location, range, speed, and other characteristics of the object to be determined. The short wavelength of microwaves causes large reflections from objects the size of motor vehicles, ships and aircraft. Also, at these wavelengths, the high gain antennas such as parabolic antennas which are required to produce the narrow beamwidths needed to accurately locate objects are conveniently small, allowing them to be rapidly turned to scan for objects. Therefore microwave frequencies are the main frequencies used in radar. Microwave radar is widely used for applications such as air traffic control, weather forecasting, navigation of ships, and speed limit enforcement. Long distance radars use the lower microwave frequencies since at the upper end of the band atmospheric absorption limits the range, but millimeter waves are used for short range radar such as collision avoidance systems.

Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) including the Chinese Beidou, the American Global Positioning System((introduced in 1978)GPS) and the Russian GLONASS broadcast navigational signals in various bands between about 1.2 GHz and 1.6 GHz.

Microwave radio is used in broadcasting and telecommunication transmissions because, due to their short wavelength, highly directional antennas are smaller and therefore more practical than they would be at longer wavelengths (lower frequencies). There is also more bandwidth in the microwave spectrum than in the rest of the radio spectrum; the usable bandwidth below 300 MHz is less than 300 MHz while many GHz can be used above 300 MHz. Typically, microwaves are used in television news to transmit a signal from a remote location to a television station from a specially equipped van. See broadcast auxiliary service (BAS), remote pickup unit (RPU), and studio/transmitter link (STL).
Most satellite communications systems operate in the C, X, Ka, or Ku bands of the microwave spectrum. These frequencies allow large bandwidth while avoiding the crowded UHF frequencies and staying below the atmospheric absorption of EHF frequencies. Satellite TV either operates in the C band for the traditional large dish fixed satellite service or Ku band for direct-broadcast satellite. Military communications run primarily over X or Ku-band links, with Ka band being used for Milstar.

edit on 17-4-2017 by steveywonders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Steveywonders also if the blackbeacon was converted as an em pulse simulator for a few days . The same or similar type being used in USA (Woodbridge Virginia) called the suitcase pulser. type of miniature portible low level, high altitude emp simulator. can be configured to produce horizontally and vertically polarized em pulses, or similar ?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Ian would be able to clarify that for you if he drops by again.
It's already clear. Ian says light from three sources were involved, bolide, the lighthouse and stars, and all light is electromagnetic radiation, so what's to clarify or what part of that don't you understand? I understand you may not agree with him, but I thought you at least understood his theory.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
The radiating rabbit theory is just as stupid as the flying lighthouse one.

So an animal just decided to pick the one spot in the forest where the inner tree branches were broken and the inner trunks showed signs of radiation? And it dug only in an even triangular location? And Penni picked this one spot out of the whole forest to say that was where the craft came down?

Of course not. Common sense says some unusual flying craft came down from above entered into those trees. It landed or hovered there before taking off again.

Screw Brazil and all that other stuff, why did the craft do that?

Unless someone can tell us a better reason, it either did that because it was having trouble or it was looking for something or it was as a diversion.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
“It didn't crash. It landed.”
-Sgt. Bud Steffens (Dec 25/26)

And then there was another one:

"When I arrived it was going in and out through the trees and at one stage it was hovering. Then it went over to a clearing at the edge of the forest. By the time we got to the clearing it had already landed. When this thing landed Halt was already there. I didn't see it land. I saw it take off. It kind of hovered at first and then took off."
-Sgt. Adrian Bustinza

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's already clear. Ian says light from three sources were involved, bolide, the lighthouse and stars, and all light is electromagnetic radiation, so what's to clarify or what part of that don't you understand? I understand you may not agree with him, but I thought you at least understood his theory.

So we are talking about 'light' from the lighthouse? OK

But it's rather unusual terminology. Why anyone would refer to light from a lighthouse as EM. It's like saying I am about to irradiate my lunch.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

But it's rather unusual terminology. Why anyone would refer to light from a lighthouse as EM. It's like saying I am about to irradiate my lunch.

Light from the lighthouse is electromagnetic radiation, that's a fact.
I agree that average people don't normally refer to it in those terms.

But when Burroughs says: "The last thing that's interesting is there's documentation that's been declassified, the lighthouse how it was made fun of, they were using that to actually transmit EM frequencies out of, and that actually could have played a part in this also." if he's not any more specific about the EM frequencies than that, the only EM frequencies I know of that were transmitted from the lighthouse were visible light. Do you know of any other EM frequencies transmitted from the lighthouse?

Why anyone would refer to light from a lighthouse as EM.

Maybe John found some other documentation regarding some other frequencies but he neither spells out what documentation he's referring to specifically nor does he specify what frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum he's talking about, so if I had been in Kevin Randle's shoes doing the interview those are follow-up questions I would have asked that he didn't.

If John ran across some scientific documentation he doesn't understand in declassified documents, in scientific terms light could easily be referred to as electromagnetic radiation, so one possibility is he's could be reading things in documents he doesn't understand, but until he cites the actual documents he's referring to, I guess we won't know.

edit on 2017417 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I think there was evidence found of cabling running from OrfordNess to the light house. The EM was referring to a non conventional beacon technology, nothing more. Probably has as much of a role in the RFI as Spock, the Nine or Bigelow in my opinion!
edit on 17-4-2017 by ctj83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I admit the phrasing threw me. If he does mean something other than light then there is no evidence that the MoD or any other authority were testing something from the lighthouse.

...so one possibility is he's could be reading things in documents he doesn't understand, but until he cites the actual documents he's referring to, I guess we won't know.

He's actually said on his own show that a weapon was created off the back of what happened to him in the forest. But he has been 'sectioned' (I took that as meaning 'gagged' - over here it usually means put in a mental institution!) . So he can't say any more on that subject.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

- Penniston wouldn't participate in a Congressional hearing. Why?

Perhaps signs of dementia, Alzheimer's became apparent after his interview on the Angelia Joiner show? So he chooses to take the 5th amendment.

- Why won't Burroughs acknowledge his own codes?

Maybe he treats them as he does his own hypnosis session and keeps them separate. That is if the rumours are true and he does have anything he's held back.

- Why is someone still 'handling' this situation? (they must have regretted trying to program Warren!)

Problem the deprogramming was worse

- Why won't Penniston reveal what he believes caused Burrough's injuries?

Dementia?

- Why does no one speak about automatic writing and channeling?

Dementia again?

- Who 'created Burroughs / Penniston mission'?

Commander Zebedee

- is there connection with the Gulf Breeze six?

Not directly but perhaps the objectives were similar. FOIA pending on the GB6 may reveal more though.

- Who was the third person present with Andrew Pike and Ian Ridpath at the start?

I don't think Ian was ever there with Andrew. Ian entered the fray in 1983 IIRC.

- How many people thought Terry Hooper Scharf was a men in black?

Pass

- Who decided Jenny Randles should join Buttler / Street?

Not sure on that one. However despite Penniston's later retelling of the tales that he never piped in public up until after "Unsolved Mysteries" aired in the US (1989/1990???) he was talking to the ladies back in the early 1980s. It's in the Fortean Times.

What is at Keisaig Loch?

Loch Keis(g)aig is the home to various wildlife and close to a military range.

- Who was the whistleblower "Karan"?

Seems to still be unknown to this day.

Does this connect to the Space Shuttle?

Officially the shuttle 'Colombia' made it's maiden flight in April 1981. It was rolled out on the tarmac in late 1980????

Does Burroughs understand the hidden message of "A Private Property"?

You mean Ralph Noyes book "Secret Property" ? It provides some clues and is not an easy read. But again it's fiction dressed up as meaning something more significant. So we are back in Tom De Longe territory. Trying to read between the lines at what Ralf Noyes was trying to tell us from behind the Official Secrets Act.

All he would allude to directly himself was

"There is no doubt at all that the MoD played a thoroughly dishonest game over the Rendlesham affair. I have already put some of my reasons on record in the afterword to my science fiction novel A Secret Property, and in a paper, UFO Lands in Suffolk, printed in Timothy Good's UFO Annual 1990 (Sidgwick & Jackson, 1989). We know - the responsible Minister even admitted as much in the British House of Commons after more than two years prevarication - that the MoD received an astonishing report in 1981 from a responsible USAF officer (Lt. Col, now Brigadier General, Charles I. Halt) of very weird phenomena which (as he believed, and seemed in part to have witnessed) had taken place in the vicinity of a major military establishment in the UK in December 1980. The MoD had flatly denied the existence of this report in response to enquiries put to them in 1981 and 1982. We would probably still be faced with this bland denial but for the action taken by American citizens under the US Freedom of Information Act in 1983. In response to enquiries made to the USAF by CAUS (Citizens Against UFO Secrecy) the USAF obtained a copy of Halt's report from the MoD and released it into the public domain in mid-1983.

The case itself is complex. I have given my own views about it in the papers mentioned above - essentially that Halt and several others came face to face with a striking manifestation of the "UFO phenomenon" (whatever that may be) in the December of 1980. Other commentators may disagree; alternative theories abound. My only immediate point is that the MoD have resisted all attempt to obtain a sensible statement, even under sustained pressure to the Defence Secretary from Lord Hill-Norton. Why? Simply, I think, because it embarrasses them. Either they must admit that a senior USAF officer at a highly sensitive base in the UK went out of his mind in December 1980 (with unthinkable potential consequences in defence terms) or they must acknowledge publicly that weird things occur for which no explanation is at present possible. ”

Source : martinshough.com...

I would add that at no time did anyone appear to do anything about the strange sightings other than act as 'observers'. Penniston thought he saw a craft on night one. But despite the Cold War no suspicion it was Soviet. People on the ground and Halt see lights in the sky and a beam in front of them, Rick Bobo in the observation tower reported 'craft' hovering in the skies above the bases. Did they do anything? No! Even the Chain of Command investigating afterwards seemed to treat it all with a hands off approach if the stories are to be believed.

Which all points to much ado about nothing or that someone was really pulling the strings behind the scenes and the UFO story is cover for something else that was going on.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctj83

I think there was evidence found of cabling running from OrfordNess to the light house. The EM was referring to a non conventional beacon technology, nothing more. Probably has as much of a role in the RFI as Spock, the Nine or Bigelow in my opinion!
Interesting. Got any links I can read about that?

I'm somewhat familiar with the radio system at Orfordness called Orfordness Beacon but it wasn't using the lighthouse, it used a separate structure and I doubt that had anything to do with the 1980 RFI.

He's actually said on his own show that a weapon was created off the back of what happened to him in the forest. But he has been 'sectioned' (I took that as meaning 'gagged' - over here it usually means put in a mental institution!) . So he can't say any more on that subject.
He mentioned that again in this interview but since he can't say much about it, it's hard to understand what he's talking about. He also insists that something in the RFI damaged his heart but I've never seen any publicly released documents confirming that and I'm not taking his word for it, though I have seen an admission that his injury occurred during his service, which could have just as easily happened sometime in 1981 or 1982 as in 1980, though if he's got something pinning it down to the 1980 RFI he apparently hasn't released that. I doubt that he really has that.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

The radiating rabbit theory is just as stupid as the flying lighthouse one.

Where did I mention radiating rabbits?

I was pointing out that the plaster casts Penniston made look far too large to have been taken at the same site that the photos of the depressions in the ground were taken. The plaster casts were supposedly secretly made not long before the British police arrived to join Capt. Verrano at the site (10:30am).

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Steveywonders finds this interesting..Non-nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse Generation www.futurescience.com...

Defence: Heseltine minute to MT (UK laser and non-nuclear electro-magnetic pulse weapons) [RAKER and SHINGLE programmes] [declassified 2013]
www.margaretthatcher.org...

The UK were involved for 20 years, (along with the U.S.A) prior to 1983, so say from 1963 onwards in Laser, Nuclear and non nuclear electromagnetic pulse testing.

Raker was a rake receiver test.
Shingle, as mentioned in the same paperwork discussing these weapons would be Orford ness or/and Bawdsey/Shingle Street?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ian Smith brings a unique perspective
to the field, having been first a laboratory scientist and
Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TPS.2006.883408
then later an entrepreneur in the field; and also having worked
both in Charlie Martin’s group at the Atomic Weapons Research
Establishment (AWRE) in the United Kingdom and later in the
U.S. In the article, from a viewpoint in both countries, he mostly
deals with the rapid development of pulsed-power during the
1960s. Over the course of his career spanning the years 1959
to the present, he has held numerous titles including Senior
Scientific Officer at AWRE, Vice President/Chief Scientist at
Physics International, President at Titan Pulsed Sciences Inc.
and presently, Deputy General Manager of L-3, Pulse Sciences
Division. He has directed many programs in pulsed-power and
high-power particle beams, and has contributed to advanced
technology development and applications in weapons effects
simulation, X-ray radiography, fusion, directed energy and
high-power microwaves. Mr. Smith has also received numerous
awards including the Defense Nuclear Agency Award in 1977,
the Erwin Marx Award in 1983, an honoris causa doctorate by
the Russian Academy of Sciences in 2002, and most notably,
in 2003, he was one of the recipients of the first Global
Energy Prize

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
“It didn't crash. It landed.”
-Sgt. Bud Steffens (Dec 25/26)

And then there was another one:

"When I arrived it was going in and out through the trees and at one stage it was hovering. Then it went over to a clearing at the edge of the forest. By the time we got to the clearing it had already landed. When this thing landed Halt was already there. I didn't see it land. I saw it take off. It kind of hovered at first and then took off."
-Sgt. Adrian Bustinza

Adrian was describing the red ball of light that was moving in and out of thr trees on night 3, not Jim john, Ed event night one.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ctj83

Why won't Burroughs acknowledge his own codes?

Imagine the drama should Burroughs acknowledge such a thing publicly.

How many questions would follow and would it affect Jim and his codes.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Tsk tsk naughty John not wishing to be associated with Jims binary.......

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join