It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There has been many instances where man made objects or even human bones have been found embedded in coal beds. We are talking hundreds of million years old.

Imagine if such civilizations did exist, and have moved elsewhere, they would be millions of years in advance of ours.

Granted, to the purists, most of these are not scientific evidence but just anecdotal. Still the instances are numerous, so there is still that possibility that there is some substance to the age of these objects.

Read up and make up your own mind:
www.skybooksusa.com...
www.bibleufo.com...
www.edconrad.com...

I personally don't discount that possibility.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
Granted, to the purists, most of these are not scientific evidence but just anecdotal.

That they are... Wouldnt it be great if a golden chain was discovered in a piece of coal, brought to a laboratory and was subject to analysis by independant scientists that later made a full report, all while the media covered it?

Alas, it never seems to happen does it? No, the uncle of a cousin of a brother of a mine-workers friend said he found a chain in age old rock and that's it: we got evidence!

I am curious why one suddenly have to rely on conventional science for the dating of these artifacts however. 300 million year old gold chains sound cool, but when one try to explain say the world toppling over on its axis and burying Atlantis under miles of ice in the same breath, the artifacts may as well be 10000 years old and subject to major geological events. Not saying that is the case for every artifact, but I personally wouldnt discount the possibility

[edit on 9-4-2009 by merka]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Conscience
There has been many instances where man made objects or even human bones have been found embedded in coal beds. We are talking hundreds of million years old.

Imagine if such civilizations did exist, and have moved elsewhere, they would be millions of years in advance of ours.

Granted, to the purists, most of these are not scientific evidence but just anecdotal. Still the instances are numerous, so there is still that possibility that there is some substance to the age of these objects.

Read up and make up your own mind:
www.skybooksusa.com...
www.bibleufo.com...
www.edconrad.com...

I personally don't discount that possibility.

I agree with this theory to some degree. It would not be implausible at all considering the fact that humans 500,000 years ago (or older) were identical to us modern day humans.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

TONS of rusted steel, or at least particles identifiable as once a steel alloy, and the plastics would still be fine or at least identifiable as such, even more thousands of years later.

Are you sure about that? I have seen plastic buckets reduced to granular particles in less than ten years. Plastic bags last about two months.

My personal explanation is that the evidence we are looking for is buried miles inside the earth. You know that pesky sediment that builds up on stuff and buries it? Then there is earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic ash, landslides and the ever pesky continental plate subduction.

If there was an advanced civilization 200 million years ago how deep would it be inside the earth?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo

I agree with this theory to some degree. It would not be implausible at all considering the fact that humans 500,000 years ago (or older) were identical to us modern day humans.

Well other than we owe our progression to that we are a large population with worldwide communication. Back when humans lived in small tribes or villages they spent most of their waking hours surviving, and it was not until larger population areas were created with trade routes that our advancement started to speed up, but even then it was a snail pace for a very long time.

Today with 6 billon people and instant communication with any of them we are now advancing at an exponential rate.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Are you sure about that? I have seen plastic buckets reduced to granular particles in less than ten years. Plastic bags last about two months.

My personal explanation is that the evidence we are looking for is buried miles inside the earth. You know that pesky sediment that builds up on stuff and buries it? Then there is earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic ash, landslides and the ever pesky continental plate subduction.

If there was an advanced civilization 200 million years ago how deep would it be inside the earth?

Well the problem is that all the fossils we find from that era and earlier show nothing to what you suggest. You really do not need to go down a mile in the earth for even a few feet can be 10s or 100s millions of years.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I can see the difficulty you are having. however here's my take on it.

earth is not the site of their 'civilization', merely an outpost. they came here and developed HUMAN civilization. they helped US. this explains the curious mix of high and low technology in ancient sites.

As the legends say: they taught us agriculture, medicine, metallurgy etc. They gave us the tools and blueprints and ability to build temples and houses for them during their stay on earth. This explains why most humans were as the archaeological evidence shows, living in the stoneage/bronze age with no advanced civilization. they had flint and bronze tools; they made pottery and developed basic metallurgy. And chariots. they were NOT advanced. (explains the sudden shift to agriculture: we were taught). (explains sudden development of human thought - artistic ability in the ice age - we were genetically 'assisted'); explains the development of RELIGION - we revered the aliens who taught us things)...

And yet, at the same time this was happening, the 'gods'/aliens, were making little appearances to ancient kings in their ufo ships. (ahura mazda helping darius to win wars; yahweh making the walls of jericho tumble down using trumpets - easy us military can do this today - technolgoy is by very low frequency sound waves i think). Also, the gods were arranging fo rhte construction (by slave labour probly) of their zigurrats (they are shown handing the sumerian kings a ruler and string/or plans to build them); and pyramids - which we probably couldnt replicate today. obviously teh aliens provided the know how to hoist 200 tonne stones into the air to build the valley temple/osireion; and 1000 tonne stones into the air in baalbeck. Possibly some anti gravity/acoustic device. The way they built sacsayhuaman and macchu picchu is also explained as they are known to have possessed a stone cutting tool called the shamir? i think - its described in Hancock's book the sign and the seal. which cut stone like butter and was silent.

So we do have the evidence of high technology in the form of these amazing ruins, which, im sorry to say it, just could not have been built by primitive farmers, and that is the truth of it. as most of the population on the planet really realizes, or the pyramids wouldnt be the object of awe and mystery which they are today. the only persons who seemingly are oblivious to any mystery on this planet are archaeologists..

question: how did farmers with bronze and flint tools build the pyramids? Answer: they didnt nor could they have. not wihtout help. anyone wiht half a brain can see this, in my opinion.

Where is the evidence of this tech civilization? there is an iron pillar in india which does not rust. their metal technology has survived. most metal that we make will be gone in a few years. the antikythera device has survived.

you assume that an advanced race would build skyscrapers? I dont. I think they would be more likely to use natural building materials like stone. i think they would be more likely to build a pyramid. The pyramid is a more amazing and advanced building than any skyscraper we have built. nothing we build will last millenia. everything they built has - and continues to intrigue and confound the best human minds still today. why? very intelligent people were behind these constructions. they built with polygonal masonry that could withstand earthquakes.

while the kings had chariots, the gods had 'flying chariots'. Some are carved on teh wall in abydos seti 1 temple. others are descirbed in teh vedic texts as vimana (with capabilities like ufos).

the goddesses wore spacesuits and helmets - see the BACK VIEW of the 'goddess with a vase' statue of ishtar. And many other carvings - palenque and the god in the jaguar one in mexico; many others von daniken unearthed; as well as the story of bep koropi - who arrived in a flying vehicle with smoke/noise and lived iwth islanders for a while; and they still dress up in reeds made to look like a very convincing space suit..

why was liquid mercury found in so many mexican and chinese tombs?/pyramids? (palenque); and mica - one material known to be able to contain mercury; mica pipes at tiahuanaco; mica tomb in egypt;
rumours of platinum coffins unearthed by japanese in nan madol.

many many many depictions of gods in flying vehicles which match exactly to vimana descriptions in india.
prophets seeing the earth from above.
check out nazca lines on utube. look for the massive'runways' there are THOUSANDS of them. visible only from VERY high above earth.

you say there is no evidence, but i could go on for two days - this planet is crawling with evidence.

vitrification.
libyan desert glass.
radioactive bodies in ancient indian ruins lying in the street.
sodom and gomorrah.
descriptions of nuclear bombs in ramayana.
and missiles/other terrible weapons.

really, i cant be bothered pointing this stuff out to people anymore. if people arent interested enough to read authors like hancock, von daniken, childress, and sitchin and at least go through their evidence carefully before making their minds up, then im not interested in passing on this information to disinterested people.

if someone was interested they would google elongated skulls; then check up on blue/green skinned gods; google the dropa; check out the starchild skull; at least know what modern people say about ufo sightings - so they know that side of the story and can evaluate it for themselves; they would read comments written about ufos by the military; pilots; astronauts and presidents.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
however, in a sense you are right. we should have dug up a few ufos or ancient missiles/rockets or other devices by now. i agree; yes, devices like the shamir should have been found by now.

however i think they have. the knights templar knew about the shamir.

i believe that this stuff has been recovered, but is being kept secret from the public who are being fed lies. i believe some archaeolgsits are 'in' on it; and that it is a similar state of affairs to the modern ufo cover up and directly linked to it. it is 'top secret; national security' in other words.

i believe that secret societies in the govt and private industry are involved as well; and know secrets that the general public is being kept in teh dark about. we are left with clues and hints and 'tidbits' that they cant cover up or can call hoaxes or find suitable daft explanations for that silly people will swallow. yet this evidence itself is so overwhelming that most people can see something's not right, once they are shown a few things that dont add up.

our rapid 'evolution' doesnt add up given how long it took us to make a minor modification to axe making in the paleoloithic; nor does the sudden switch to agriculture; nor does the sudden development of such similar religous practices/myths worldwide; similariies betwen ancient buildings world wide; myths about gods and flying chariots etc; whereas the alien intervention model explains most of the conundrums we see in archaeology.

EVD says that archaeologists have come to him about discoveries they have made but are too scared to go public with - afraid they will lose thier jobs etc. He says he has been told things which he hasnt even printed because he's promised individuals he wouldnt, altho hes not happy about this. i am sure theres much that we arent being told, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Makes for a nice science fiction story, but that is about all can be. If you think about it there are millions of different stories like yours that either have zero empirical data backing them up and/or does not flow with how the empirical data that we do have that shows us that evolution got us here, and only one of all these is correct. Right now only evolution has anything backing it up, and with just the fact that we have a biological relationship with all animals on the planet kind of eludes to the fact that we evolved here or ALL life was seeded here from the same starting source.

So if one day we can find some proof that all life was seeded and not a random act then you might, just might have a case, but also if we are talking about another civilization billion(s) of years advance than us then we are nothing more than an ant farm to them, so the whole government alien conspiracy thing is still out the window. Our government would have about the same ability to form an alien conspiracy as chickens on a chicken farm would be able to with the farmer.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by rapunzel222

So if one day we can find some proof that all life was seeded and not a random act then you might, just might have a case, but also if we are talking about another civilization billion(s) of years advance than us then we are nothing more than an ant farm to them, so the whole government alien conspiracy thing is still out the window. Our government would have about the same ability to form an alien conspiracy as chickens on a chicken farm would be able to with the farmer.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

So if we could find any substantial proof that this was indeed a random effect, we could debunk the ability that all life was seeded .. Ok wonderfull lets step to it.

as for ancient civilization debris ...

See we took metric tons of debris and sent them back over 9000 years ago at X location and dug them back up a few days ago .. so we know what it would look like and that none of these cities exist .... Ohh wait ... fk we can't do that ;/ ... Umm Hell we don't even have any visual proof of a thousand years on items.. besides from beings thats we "think" existed ...

Here we go, we take mathmatics/physics and chemistry and come up with detailed information for "ageing" and give round about estimates, as long as people don't understand this is mearly guessing and theories, we can make them believe is some sort of fact. $$

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
The pyramid is a more amazing and advanced building than any skyscraper we have built.

No matter how many times people say that, it wont make it true.

A stone pyramid is nothing compared to a modern skyscraper. Its not advanced at all. Can you list the technologies employed in a pyramid? Try to count it. What would you get to? 5? 10? 15? Maybe even more?

Now try to do it for a skyscraper. You'd only get to the nice sum of the combined technology of all of mankind. Electricity, metallurgy, computers, robotics, structural engineering on a level far, far, far above the pyramids, chemistry, glass, plumbing, etc, etc. Count all the technologies down to the very - last - step. You'll end somewhere around the wheel.

It may be an amazing building, but no its not advanced compared to a skyscraper. Advanced compared to a contemporary egyptian mud brick house perhaps. I'm sick and tired of people calling the pyramids advanced. My keyboard is more advanced than the pyramid. And it glows too.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bldrvgr

See we took metric tons of debris and sent them back over 9000 years ago at X location and dug them back up a few days ago .. so we know what it would look like and that none of these cities exist .... Ohh wait ... fk we can't do that ;/ ... Umm Hell we don't even have any visual proof of a thousand years on items.. besides from beings thats we "think" existed ...

There is much that could last 10,000 years, but we seem to just focus on iron based steel that would not last. Unless you are suggesting some other race than Homo sapiens that lived long before us we just do not have much to show for we didn't make much of anything but crude stone objects for a very long time.

Here we go, we take mathmatics/physics and chemistry and come up with detailed information for "ageing" and give round about estimates, as long as people don't understand this is mearly guessing and theories, we can make them believe is some sort of fact. $$

Well yes everything is a theory in this area, but just pulling theories out of thin air doesn't make them viable too. I see civilization that gets simpler and small the farther back we go to the point it is just small tribes of people for 100,000s of years. There really is nothing to contradict this either. If we can find 500 million year old fossilized bones then we should be about to fine other stuff. In 1 million years we would have some metals, diamonds, stone, and fossils of our existence in abundance.

I do understand the idea that maybe this is not the first time we have advanced up to this point, and maybe we have done it a number of times just to wipe ourselves back to the stone age each time, but there still should be something somewhere to lead us in this direction of thinking.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

ha ha, your post made me laugh. im sorry, but that is just dumb. you clearly dont know anything about construction, engineering, mathematics, astronomy, ... anything really.

we would be hard pressed to replicate the pyramid today if we tried.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

what are ancient ruins and manuscripts if not data. what sort of data are you looking for?

a lot of biologists and scientists who study the origins of life on earth are very puzzled by what they have found. the primordial soup that started on earth is a bit too uniform to have begun its evolution here apparantly. many mainstream and well known scientists have put forward the explanation that life must have begun elswhere in teh unvierse and been brought here by another race. this is being proposed seriously by serious scientists. im sorry that you havent happened to read about it, but this stuff is out there in journals if you care to find it.

yeah, once life was seeded, evolution obviously played an important role. but as you know, with what WE can do with genetic interference in crops and sheep etc; WE can have an effect on evolution of plant and animal species. do you think an alien species would be incapable of speeding up OUR evolution in the past? i suggest there were several genetic 'interferences' with the human race. first with the shift to humans that could do art - first cave paintings in france etc; then again with the shift to agriculture. at least two interventions, probly more; and they probly taught us as well.

none of this conflicts with evolution. both theories can co=exist perfectly well. we intervene in evolution every day with our gm tinkering. why couldnt aliens?

as for there being no evidence of alien dna in our genes - actually there IS a teensy weensy problem with our genes. some of our genes seem to indicate a horizontal transfer i.e. they havent been found in any other mammal species to date - they appear to have just 'arrived' in our genetic makeup at some point, as i understand it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

ha ha, your post made me laugh. im sorry, but that is just dumb. you clearly dont know anything about construction, engineering, mathematics, astronomy, ... anything really.

we would be hard pressed to replicate the pyramid today if we tried.

Of course we would be hard pressed, its built in freakin STONE. We dont do that anymore because we have advanced our structural designs, using much more effective means of construction. There's a reason Egyptian cities didnt have a pyramid in every street corner.

Look up the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas. Its not only a pyramid, it even got hookers!

Or this little gem of a hotel:

[edit on 13-4-2009 by merka]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

you say there is no evidence, but i could go on for two days - this planet is crawling with evidence.

vitrification.

Perfectly normal - rock is vitrified with high heat over a long period.

Vitrified forts to which you refer were constructed in the Common Era.

libyan desert glass.
The explanation for this glass was confirmed two years ago by the discovery of the ancient remains of a meteor crater in the Sahara in that vicinity.

You can find a thread about this in this section right here on ATS.

radioactive bodies in ancient indian ruins lying in the street.

Please explain this - these "radioactive" skeletons were discovered decades before the geiger counter was invented!

They are not radioactive and there is a dig going on right now at Mohenjo Daro - the ancient ruin that this stupid internet myth is about.

Originally posted by rapunzel222sodom and gomorrah.

A Bible story that (so far) has no intersection with reality. However, if it did (and it doesn't,) there's nothing in the story to indicate any advanced civilization at all. Sounds more like a volcano if you actually read the text and not the Childress or Sitchen "version" of it.

descriptions of nuclear bombs in ramayana.

There are no such descriptions in the Ramayana, nor in the Mahabharata.

really, i cant be bothered pointing this stuff out to people anymore. if people arent interested enough to read authors like hancock, von daniken, childress, and sitchin and at least go through their evidence carefully before making their minds up, then im not interested in passing on this information to disinterested people.

None of the above authors present any evidence whatsoever, so I don't see how anyone is supposed to look at their "evidence."

Really, I can't be bothered to continuously point out the obvious to the ignorant. Anyone interested should make at least a scintilla of effort at looking into what is actually known as factual concerning anything that comes out of any of the above author's prevaricating collective mouths.

google the dropa

Excellent example, as this hoax has been admitted, and the roots of this story were fabricated by Erich VonDaniken. Completey fabricated, I should say. Right down to the Polish "Professor Lolladoff."

Harte

[edit on 4/13/2009 by Harte]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

There is much that could last 10,000 years, but we seem to just focus on iron based steel that would not last. Unless you are suggesting some other race than Homo sapiens that lived long before us we just do not have much to show for we didn't make much of anything but crude stone objects for a very long time.

No we "Believe" it could last 10,000 years that is all, that is all there will ever be, is the belief that it can sustain for 10,000 years... We can't prove it. We can't guarentee it, we cant even so much as to say its fact.

Thats the issue.

Well yes everything is a theory in this area, but just pulling theories out of thin air doesn't make them viable too. I see civilization that gets simpler and small the farther back we go to the point it is just small tribes of people for 100,000s of years. There really is nothing to contradict this either. If we can find 500 million year old fossilized bones then we should be about to fine other stuff. In 1 million years we would have some metals, diamonds, stone, and fossils of our existence in abundance.

I do understand the idea that maybe this is not the first time we have advanced up to this point, and maybe we have done it a number of times just to wipe ourselves back to the stone age each time, but there still should be something somewhere to lead us in this direction of thinking.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

why, we are stuck on the basics, even our "Theory" of the ageing process is broke. How old is the sphynx ? or i should say who is right on the age of the sphynx ? Flip a coin? draw straws ? or do you like that one person all that much better ? ohh wait, i Believe in X timeline so obviously this person is right even though that has nothing to do with the ageing process theory altogether.

its a joke, we are boggled by a rock and we will remain boggled by a rock. and we are still debateing on how the rock got there in the first place .... and its not restricted to this rock... Stonehenge, giza, easter isle ... hell even cusco ...

and to top it off further, we have problems finding known existed cities.

and we still cannot scour the entire ocean floor.

But somehow all our "theories" are amazing correct regardless of our consistant fumbleing.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

[

But somehow all our "theories" are amazing correct regardless of our consistant fumbleing.

With whatever you might think cannot survive much time it still doesn't lead in any direction that might move us to think there were other earlier advance civilizations came before us. Basically along with advance civilizations is also extinction of them or at least enough to knock us back into the Stone Age.

We advance today because of the sheer size of the population and the ability to communicate with anyone of them. As we look back in history that advancement has a rather direct relationship with our ability to communicate with many different people, as our population was smaller and more isolated in the pass so was our ability to advance slowed down.

Everything we can find so far leads us to the theory that we had a very slow but steady advancement. We could say we been here before at this stage many times in the pass, but there really is nothing even remotely leading us in this direction.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

[

With whatever you might think cannot survive much time it still doesn't lead in any direction that might move us to think there were other earlier advance civilizations came before us. Basically along with advance civilizations is also extinction of them or at least enough to knock us back into the Stone Age.

We advance today because of the sheer size of the population and the ability to communicate with anyone of them. As we look back in history that advancement has a rather direct relationship with our ability to communicate with many different people, as our population was smaller and more isolated in the pass so was our ability to advance slowed down.

Everything we can find so far leads us to the theory that we had a very slow but steady advancement. We could say we been here before at this stage many times in the pass, but there really is nothing even remotely leading us in this direction.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Xtrozero]

Ok so, Not only we can we not have a true ageing process found, we are now going to dictate the population of the (World) at given intervals of time. and your telling me it was small.. So im guess we dug up 100% of the human skeletons from our prev generations to atleast somewhat bring thing theory to a conclusion ... ohh wait we haven't .. and we admit we can't .. Yet another fumble on our hands again.

Moses apparently crossed the read (Red) river .. an army of egyptian soldiers is said to be dead along that area ... we are still looking for a mass amount of skeletons. But we have people that claim scientifically that the events that transpiried could have happened but others claim it was a tale in a book.

So we can do like troy... It skeptical to exist until its finally found.. what great and dedicated views we have =D

we advanced due to more population you say.. So if we over populate the world a ton more we should see 4x the advancement ?

wow, i thought the stealth aircraft was completly random in change focus. now i know we just got more populated.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Bldrvgr]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd just like to throw in my two cents here and then it's unlikely that I'll say anything further. Probably won't need to.

You nay-sayers, skeptics, "rational", "scientific"-types, have a fatal flaw that you seem unwilling see. Please use your superior minds to give this real consideration. Use the intelligence you claim to possess to look beyond what your high school science classes taught you.

Consider what we will be in a few years. Think what another century will do to us. Think about the state of our technology in a millennium. You mention plastics, skyscrapers, etc., as though they were great achievements. Those are more abominations than achievements. When we can work with the planet so that all living creatures benefit from our presence, we will have achieved something. Until now, we're only monkeys with tools that hurt our fellow monkeys and all other life on this planet. Whatever "good" we do is damage control for our own misdeeds.

Now, look at those civilizations that are being unearthed, that have so much that we don't and can't yet understand. Consider that they may just know quite a lot that we don't. Maybe they already knew that skyscrapers were unnecessary and dangerous, and plastics that stay intact for all time is not the way forward. Maybe they knew that "things" are temporary and that all resources need to be energetically refreshed by the Earth before being molded anew, for example. Now give your gray matter a chance to run with that for a while. Let drop all the constrictions and restrictions you have placed there with rules and laws.

One last thing to consider is that our silly way of working currently - accepting only what is observable and reproducible - is rather outdated already now. More exists that we cannot see than what is observable by our rudimentary sensory organs. Don't expect to know more until you accept more with minds and hearts wide open.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join