It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Heres my theory. I cant prove it correct and you cant prove it incorrect, so for now its just a theory.

I strongly believe that once upon a time a civilization did walk this planet that was far more advanced than we are today that was wiped away for whatever reason. I believe that this civilization did have the tools to travel much farther out into space than we can today (or farther than we are told we can).

I believe that the TPTB of that time knew destruction was coming even before it had actually come and they did everything in their power to salvage what they could of humanity and then saved their own asses. Hopped on a spaceship and left for another planet they may have discovered that could also support life similiar to Earth.

I believe that these people were destroyed by the violence that consumed the world similiar to today and after they up and left learned from their mistakes and built a eutopia free from the troubles that plauged them then and us today.

I think from time to time they revist us to stop us from ending up with the same fate they had to endure, but civilization after civilization just fails this test and ends up the same way everytime.

I think towards the end of the cycle they supply the current elites with the tools to leave signs behind for the next civilization to inhabit this Earth but they never interfere directly and never gives us the tools to up and leave because they have built something so perfect we would only take everything we know and destruct it.

Oh how I would love to be correct.

-Pi

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hello there!!!
edit on 31-7-2011 by genesis1489 because: Some lines were left out!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well as for the info provided, it becomes a case alike our belief in God, athiests don't & do survive. While on the other hand people who believe in, have even come out of life threatening situations unharmed. But even then why does the line "God Help me" come out when we are in times of trial, i dont believe the athiests reporting "ipod help me"??? Nevertheless, it's not a discussion about our belief in God in here. As for people pertaining to the details in evolution, Folks please, the evolutionary time scale is not written by a paranormal power that it is bound be 100% correct, it was theorised by a man as common as us owing to his conception of similarities observed in the natural world and it has to have exceptions as does any other form in the field of biology. As for earlier technologies that surpassed our present generation's..........here's a little fact to all.............Till date, "SANSKRIT" has been considered to be the most apt language for computer programming, n sure as hell it wasn't a creation of a programmer in the Bell laboratories. So why can't other exceptions exist! In the Hindu Scriptures documenting the Ramayana & the Mahabharata we come across many forms of Demons & so called Rakshasas, Ravana being one of them. He had ten heads. Now being a student of Biology I would interpret him (drawn in the scriptures as a behemoth human form with 10 heads), as an organism that was probably an alien form, or a mix breed of Homo sapiens & the so called Rakshasa clan (a Liger, a cross breed of a male lion and a female tiger is twice as big as both, powerful than either and looks like any other Big feline member), while a common man would generally use the term demon. As for the so called Religious scripture of Ramayana, Ravana came to India to abduct Sita (Rama's wife) in an aerial chariot (i believe that is what would be interpreted for any mystery aircraft by a then common man or even the one who wrote Ramayana, c'mon even expert techies call alien aircrafts as UFO's, won't aliens laugh just as we do if they heard what we call their aerial means of transport as!). So is it so impossible for an alien half breed to have one of those alien flying assets for himself............he was the king of Lanka back then remember. And if today's big minds are able of reverse engineering, why is it so impossibe for people back then to do the same and design the so called "VIMANAS" for the human forms. And as for nuclear holocausts back then, what if they used a technology that was as devastative as a nuclear blast but with lesser decay effects into evironment. As as for people who comment as to the civilisation being so advanced so as to have an alternate way of escaping that holocaust....................Earlier civilisations were architectured against a centralised structure so yes, it is possible for the entire civilisation to have had mortalised at a single blow. And even as of now, what resources do the common man have to escape such a holocaust under a sudden attack??????.....................And as for the technology, Even with todays technology it would indeed be strenuous input of labour to replicate the pyramids but they were built way before concrete, cranes, or even bricks arrived. So is it that imposible for the people of those days with cranial capacity almost the same as the present day humans to subscribe to some technology that may have been more powerful than a nuclear reactor??? I think not. And as for evidences..............The Government has yet to affiliate an open response to UFO sightings & records let alone be an open source of information about any early civilisational device of catastrophe. And as of all times, it depends on us whether to relate the evidences to the scriptures lending a touch of theory to these seredipities...............Or continue them as folklores myths and legends.
genesis1489
P.S. no offence.
edit on 31-7-2011 by genesis1489 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2011 by genesis1489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
humanity rises... humanity falls... over and over and over again...either through natural disaster,man made calamity or alien invasion...or maybe the aliens cause our natural disasters?!...we are on the brink once again...this is one of the biggest hushed up truths out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Where is the evidence of their highways?

Bimini road near Bimini Islands under the Atlantic might be a remenant of a highway. It's either stone or concrete. It also hasn't been proven to be "Natural" or "Man-made" yet, it simply is a mystery right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

as foretold by edgar cayce...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
if our civilization now were to be mostly destroyed,what would be left of it in 5 or 10 thousand years...not much...we today have a hard time figuring out what happened 500 or 1,000 years ago,we know very,very little about what types of advanced civilizations that may have been flourishing on earth in the distant past of say 50,000 or 100,000 years ago...and their society may not have been based on plastic and metal like ours is...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainRon

just to clarify:

reply to post by Off_The_Street

And here's one that none of the Atlantis-boys have thought of: Rebar. Metal reinforced concrete should last for tens of thousands of years, simply because the iron is actually encapsulated in "rock" (concrete). Yet we've never found any such. Why not?

concerning the lack of archaeological of rebar en.wikipedia.org...

Roman concrete, like any concrete, consists of an aggregate and hydraulic mortar – a binder mixed with water that hardens over time. The aggregate varied, and included pieces of rock, ceramic tile, and brick rubble from the remains of previously demolished buildings. Reinforcing elements, such as steel rebar, were not used.

dont think you'll find any in the pyramids aegypt or meso-america either.

Anyway can anyone please tell me why people here believe that the ancient civilizations couldn't be scientifically advanced? Not being able to find its traces is not an excuse... can i have an intelligent reason?

maybe part of the problem is the insistence in seeing everything from a strictly materialist and western POV?

the 1st clairvoyants [of lemuria?] discovered that everything was connected
by "the many-colored threads" remnants of this knowledge can be found in various occult traditions
the occult concept of Correspondence is basically a written catalogue of a form of knowledge that was dissapearing
due to the waning of clairvoyant ability in humans.

quantum theory anyone?

reply to post by Nygdan

Archaeological evidence exists from 10,000 years ago. None of it indicates globe spanning advanced urban empires

why does it have to be urban? by insisting on urbanity you ignore the antiquity of such things as the Silk Road

you're making the same mistake in insisting on microchips clean rooms and western science as if it were a valid yardstick...

... for anything

let's use the Naruto universe to illustrate:
Chakura:naruto.wikia.com...

Chakra (????, chakura) is essential to even the most basic technique; it is the moulding of the physical energy (???????, shintai enerugi) present in every cell of the body and the spiritual energy (???????, seishin enerugi) gained from exercise and experience. Once moulded, it can be channelled through the chakra circulatory system, which is to chakra as the regular circulatory system is to blood, to any of the 361 chakra points (called tenketsu) in the body. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, the chakra can then be manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire or creating illusions.

By moulding different ratios of the two energies, new types of chakra can be formed. Most ninja have a natural affinity to one type of chakra, but they have the capacity to create elemental chakra apart from their own affinity. There are five basic types, each stronger and weaker to another, but their relations, weaknesses, and strengths to each other are all explored. There is also the dealing of Yin and Yang and the balance of mental and physical energies. In addition to these five elements, certain kekkei genkai can mix elemental chakra to form new natures, for example it is possible to mix water and wind into ice. While many ninja can use more than one type of chakra, very few are able to use them simultaneously.

if ancient humans possesed more Mana/ Prana [or Chakura]
and psychokinesis were common: would they bother inventing levers and pulleys?

No they wouldn't.

En No Gyoja's* Forbidden Jutsu
destruction of a village[actually a small city] using Non-Materialistic Knowledge
for those who don't believe in the possibility of ancient "atomic" wars, because "we have no evidence of technology in ancient times"

www.youtube.com...

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden is a copyright property of Masashi Kishimoto and TV Tokyo.
the moral authority of the copyright holders has been asserted

* not to be confused with the Shugendo Ascetic of the same name
edit on 28-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed video? put direct link
oh and S&F for the OP
edit on 28-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

No offence to AU. I enjoy your posts.

But claiming that Einstein was a secret Kabbalist is not a responsible statement.

Einstein was a Spinozan pantheist

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems.”

Albert Einstein, 1947; from Banesh Hoffmann, Albert Einstein Creator and Rebel, New York: New American Library, 1972, p. 95.

“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings.”

Albert Einstein, upon being asked if he believed in God by Rabbi Herbert Goldstein of the Institutional Synagogue, New York, April 24, 1921, published in the New York Times, April 25, 1929; from Einstein: The Life and Times, Ronald W. Clark, New York: World Publishing Co., 1971, p. 413; also cited as a telegram to a Jewish newspaper, 1929, Einstein Archive 33-272, from Alice Calaprice, ed., The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2000, p. 204.

a quick google search will reveal Spinoza's Cabalistic leanings

point goes to the OP

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
My number one argument against highly advanced ancient earth civilizations, is that there are no anceint satelites found anywere in our solar system. If they were space fairing, you would think some sort of space junk would have been found floating around one of our planets or the sun. Nothing yet found on the moon to show past space exploration either.

If we all blew up today from collision with planet X and the earth was completely wiped out and reborn with fresh crust etc.. in a billion years some space junk would still be around for any future intelligent life on earth to find. Hell who knows spirit and oportunity might still be sending back pictures then...

X

non material spaceship

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In terms of morality, even Botswana is more advanced that the USA.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

if ancient humans possesed more Mana/ Prana [or Chakura]
and psychokinesis were common: would they bother inventing levers and pulleys?

No they wouldn't.

Except there is no evidence of this; what we do have is abundent evidence of people working very hard with their hands to make tools and and having short difficult lives, hunting and gathering. If they had magical powers - it sure doesn't show in the archaeological record

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Wow is that a copy and paste post or what, sure as hell looks like it to me.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
If they had magical powers - it sure doesn't show in the archaeological record

that is my point
a civilization based on psychic abilities/ magickal powers
will not leave Material artifacts to be found

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

Wow is that a copy and paste post or what, sure as hell looks like it to me.
Second line.

LOL
you do realize [as i did after making my posts]
this thread is pretty old ?

posted on 19-11-2004 @ 02:46 PM

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

that is my point
Yes exactly and maybe they were not a paper, metal, plastic, fossil fuel, money based society like we are...maybe they lived in harmony with nature,not at war with it trying to control it like we do and they may all have been natural born psychics,with both telepathic and telekinetic abilities...
edit on 28-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

that is my point

Then why do we find material artifacts then??...what did they eat? What did they do with their dead? Did they make fires or just sit around and vibrate?
edit on 28/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

that is my point

Then why do we find material artifacts then??
Probably because more than one type of advanced civilization arose then fell,or even left the earth in the distant and forgotten past...
edit on 28-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

developing technology takes a lot longer then you think. You have to realize technology builds on previous discoveries. Do you have any idea how long it took to get were we are now??? Heres a couple of highlights:

About 3000 bce, draft oxen were pulling plows and potters were using wheels in Mesopotamia

About 2700 bce, cuneiform signs and numerals appeared on Sumerian tablets, with a slanted double wedge between number symbols to indicate the absence of a number, or zero, in a specific place.

In the second millenium bce, in the Rig-Veda it was maintained the Earth was a globe and in the Yajur-Veda that the Earth circled the Sun.(added this because everyone thinks ancients didn't know the world was round)

By 1500 bce, Babylonian mathematicians understood "the determination of the diagonal on the square from its side," that is to say, the 'Pythagorean theorem'

In the late twelfth century bce, modern alphabetic writing was prefigured in the Phoenician alphabet.

About 850 bce, impaling rams jutted from the prows of Greek galleys. These galleys were propelled by ten oarsmen on each side. By the middle of the seventh century, Phoenician galleys, or triremes, employed crews of 200 and three levels of oarsmen

About 530 bce, Pythagoras discovered the dependence of musical intervals on the arithmetical ratios of the lengths of string at the same tension, 2:1 giving an octave, 3:2 the fifth, and 4:3 the fourth. He is also credited with a general formula for finding two square numbers the sum of which is also a square, namely (if m is any odd number), m2+[1/2(m2-1)]2=[1/2(m2+1)]2.

About 440 bce, Leucippus of Miletus said that the world consisted in the void and atoms, which are imperceptible individual particles that differ only in size, shape, and position. That these particles were imperceptible meant they met Parmenides' objection to the Pythagorean's geometric points and, since they alone were unchanging, change could be explained as mere sense impressions. "It is scarcely an exaggeration to say that even in 1900 the only new idea to Leucippus's theory was that each chemical element was identified with a separate atomic species"

Now i can keep going but my point is this. It takes thousands of years for technology to develop.Each leap is made off the backs of previous discoveries. If there was an advanced culture in the past archeologists would see the progression. And we would have proof that they existed. However dont underestimate our ancestors they have the same brains we do so some stuff will all ways surprise you. Heres one for you

In the seventeenth century bce, an Egyptian papyrus listed many diagnoses of head and neck injuries and their treatment and is the "first known document in which the brain's role in controlling limbs or organs at a considerable distance is established"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

developing technology takes a lot longer then you think. You have to realize technology builds on previous discoveries. Do you have any idea how long it took to get were we are now?

Hmmmm?...We have gone from using horse drawn carriages and wagons in 1900...To using nuclear powered aircraft carriers in 1961...In only sixty years...

And the earth is around 4,500,000,000 years old... And modern humans have been walking around on the earth for around 200,000 years...

So there has been more than enough time for other advanced civilizations to have arisen and fallen long before we arrived on the evolutionary scene...

And some of them may have even been so technologically advanced that they left the earth a long time ago and are now living in a galaxy thats far,far away...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join