It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are your Avatar, or are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I didn't have one, and was looking for a Rainbow, with a Double Male sign, and the the symbol is "Mystic"

i've been looking for others, a rainbow Infinity Symbol with the Double male sign maybe, maybe something to do with Drag.

but for the most part, it represents me in a way yes

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay really not meaning to be thread drifting. But the most dramatic song that exists is Pavoratti's version of "Nessun Dorma"...get your tissues ready. You're about to feel empowered.

edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

That was beautiful! I didn't realize the emotions behind people's avatars sometimes.
(see how I prevented thread drift!)

I guess if my avatar had to have a theme song, it might be this. . . .

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I choose my avatar because pugs are awesome! I'm currently owned by three pugs.

Many years ago I was an owner/breeder/handler in the dog show circuit. I did that for approximately 10 years and trust me that is a circus! Dog people are crazy, crazy, crazy!

I like the way this pug is portrayed, I think it very much suits my personality. Tough and aloof on the outside until you get to know me. On the inside a devoted friend for life.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think that song matches the crying rabbit well.

This song also matches your avatar, this is an old performance but I think Popp did the performance great:

edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: j

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Okay. I fibbed.

I love Ave Maria, but my theme song has to be this. . . .

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ha.

My brothers and I used to drink beer and watch that movie when we were taking of our father in his last days. His house was way out in the country and all they had were a bunch of old VHS my mom had bought before she died.

Good times.

Here's one last song you should consider for your avatar, I know it's hard to miss the Soggy Bottom Boys but...

I learned this one and sang it to my dad before he died, around the same time when we were watching that film.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I chose my avatar because I assumed it to be somewhat gender neutral, although most posters assume that I am male. General Tab E. Katt is considering his next move carefully, reflecting on various aspects and how they interact....or maybe he's thinking about which Fancy Feast to have for dinner.

I've kept my same avatar for a long time. People recognize me by it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Now you're going to make me cry.

What a beautiful gesture to your father.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
I chose my avatar because I assumed it to be somewhat gender neutral, although most posters assume that I am male. General Tab E. Katt is considering his next move carefully, reflecting on various aspects and how they interact....or maybe he's thinking about which Fancy Feast to have for dinner.

I've kept my same avatar for a long time. People recognize me by it.

You could always take him/her to Avatar Creations and ask for he/she/it to be feminized just a tad. Even just a pink ribbon bow could do the trick. Of course you could come out of that process with bugs bunny too but it would not hurt to give it a go.

I have always liked your Avatar. It is cute and I often wonder if the cats would do better than us mere humans.

P

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, makes me sad to think of it.

He loved to hear me sing.

Strange how people leave so fast.

Alright enough of that!

Andale!

Thanks again though. Maybe one day when my finger's fixed I'll try that song again and post it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well Wrabbit, your new avatars are certainly shiny and wonderful!

As to mine...I've had a few people mistake my "lady on the lake" as a self-portrait in a literal sense, when in fact, it is entirely metaphorical. All my avatars have certain features that represent something specific to me. The current one has been in use the longest, and is the only one I've had since the website changed over (except for Halloween fun with added features...). The guys in the Avatar thread are awesome. BFFT made this one for me, and I've heard that he may possibly be making me another one...but he's a busy gorilla!

This is a fun thread, Wrabbit - quite enjoyable!

peace,
AB

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm male and I change my avatar often but for the foreseeable future I'll be repping Brittany Murphy. The reason should be obvious and if it isn't, please see my signature.

The photo is a cropped screenshot from Sin City.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
my avatar is just like me confused and always in 2 minds and sometimes barking

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I chose mine to reflect warmth within. Is it me... dangerously so. Happy solstice to all!

edit on 21-12-2013 by igloo because: still learning the ropes

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I must really rock.
I also appear to be a little sticky.
But I am not one to get hammered.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

How does the wooden log come into this? Or is that whole thing a rock? I thought this whole time your avatar was one of those things you connect a horse to.

This topic is funny.
edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Great idea Wrabbit, though there have been other threads regarding avatars, I believe this is the first to explore what we are trying to say Vs what others perceive. I have no idea what people think my avatar says about me, would be interesting to find out. The avatar was created in Photoshop by myself and is a reflection of who I am and what I do. Though I am sure there will be those who will wonder how a person can be a legally licensed pirate, it's called being a privateer.

Looking forward to reading about what others think...Cheers for now!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Rebel-without-a-cause-ass-whoopin'-chew-you-up-and-spit-you-out-kinda-gal...?

Nah.

It doesn't reflect my personality whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dear Wrabbit2000,

If you'd like to see even more explanations of the meanings of members' avatars, you might want to check out this thread on the same subject from four months ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join