It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are your Avatar, or are you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Mine was stolen from a friend, not the sign, the avatar. I'm far too lazy to construct a sign or an avatar of my own. So my avatar is just a bit of fun poking at those who make signs. It also portrays a deeper hidden meaning, that a lot of people don't know what they want, but want it now.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is just plain silly!

Avatars having something to with our inner-self (or something like that)is just crazy talk...

My Avatar has nothing to do with me, I'm animated and quite the character in real life.

But I have been known to do some body double work for Colin Mochrie

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I chose mine because it reminds me of the inner workings of the universe, and science is something I enjoy fondly.

I try to keep a theme going with my avatar and I'm always looking for a new theme that fits my persona.

I still remember my first avatar, it was a picture of a DeLorean crashing into the TARDIS, which I found amusing.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
My avatar says I'm so cool, the term bee's knees isn't even close to how cool I am.

Erm, um, no, that can't be. As I couldn't be cool, even if I was in Antarctica.

What it really says is this:

I'm a invisible stargazer, starstruck by the man on the silver mountain. My girlfriend is a hootchie kootchie lady evil with rainbow eyes, who speeds at night. Torn between heaven and hell, I'm losing my insanity due to killing the dragon. I'm the black sheep of the family, turning to stone and feeding my head with all the night people and sunset supermen. I could have been a dreamer but I dream evil and since all the fools sailed away, I'm just breathless. One night in the city I was caught in the rain trying to catch the rainbow. It's a mystery how the faces in the window were caught in the middle, but they stood up and shouted out go eat your heart out. I was destined to die young but the lord of the last day was a gypsy who walked away screaming lonely is the word. The neon knights saved me by shaming the night, revealing the rainbow in the dark.

Before the fall, the holy diver revealed to me that my tiger is mean AND clean, and that between the velvet lies there's a truth as hard as steel. Life's a never ending wheel, dontcha know, it's just seen better in the dark(so the tarot woman said) but only if the light in the black is running with the wolf.

That should explain everything. Or not. See my signature for further details.

And keeping with the thread here's the official song of my avatar. Sung by a eleven year old, with a hot chick playing bass(six string, no less). Little girl even flashes the devil's horns a couple of times, so very cool. The drummer, while technically better than me, doesn't give the song the power it deserves. If I were a playing it would be heavier but that's nitpicking as he's actually doing it and I'm sitting here typing up this junk.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Mine just reflects a new reality I've came to "see" in recent times. It is the Anti-Christ receiving instructions from a demon of sorts. But the painting isn't really talking about those kind of demons, but rather a more Earthly variety.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for a fun thread!

I change my avatar quite often. It depends on many things. It usually reflects a mood or a feeling more than my character!

My Christmas avatar is Elvis! I chose this because he sang many nice Christmas songs and it was a special time for him. Wearing my best Sunday clothes.

Elvis was a very intriguing man. He was very humble, generous and loyal to his friends and fans. He spent the last part of his life singing Christian gospel and country songs mainly out in the desert of Las Vegas entertaining the crowds! He put that much into it, doing sometimes two power shows a day, that it killed him over a period of 8 years.

He was a strange one for sure. I'll always admire style and talent like that.

edit on 22-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mine says I haven't taken the time to figure out how to change it. I have a life, it's busy, don't judge me...ill make one someday. Gotta say I love the rabbits tho..

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I like your current avatar better than the previous one. It didn't really look menacing to me, just really serious.

I change avatars every couple of months. And I always look for avatars that represent me in some way. Brown hair, petite, female, and something mystical about the picture. I do post a lot in the paranormal forums after all.

Though I am trying to branch out, and read more current news, fragile earth, etc. It's slowly growing on me.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't even thought about the overall meaning of our Avatars as it relates to music. Given that serious one on me last, that may be a good thing..lol... The way you mention it now though makes me think, one of the most meaningful songs to me personally, does fit.

The subtle look of consternation mixed with determination seems to fit the look now. That one's given me the drive to get through a few nights where dawn seemed about a thousand years distant.

Nice reminder for that aspect, Beez!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is what the honeybadger likes in an intro

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I made my Avatar pic specifically for ATS, After a few days of posting I realised this a community and not just some board to post on. Seeing peoples avatars is like seeing their face, the recognition is nice.

Took me about 5 tries to make a tinfoil hat that fit the kitty then another hour to try and get it on him on and pose.
I think it suits me, kinda silly and obvious I dont take things to seriously.

After Xmas gonna get the wonderful guys at the Avatar creation thread to make me a new one, Ive had Jedi kitty. lawyer kitty and viking kitty.
Any suggestions on what I could do next?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by rickymouse

How does the wooden log come into this? Or is that whole thing a rock? I thought this whole time your avatar was one of those things you connect a horse to.

This topic is funny.
edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

My ancient club is actually only the size of a small sledge hammer. It looks big in that photo but it is just an illusion. The carving of the rock is an illusion that was created by someone long ago and sat buried in the ground for many hundred years. Think of a big marrow bone that was ground somehow to represent some animal or animal head. What it is supposed to be shaped like is interpreted by people differently. Some say it is a puppy or bunny, wrapped around the stick. Others see an indian head with braided hair. Some see a camel or moose head. People see things differently depending on their perception. This rock on a stick has taught me a lot about people.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Mine was the icon for a fantasy baseball team that won the world series and I just kind of, out of convenience, went with it because it was on my desktop and became the photo for everything I use online. Id open an account for something ...even dating sites hahah..and they would say insert photos...id be like crap...look at the desktop and find the ghost! So its kind of just become me.
edit on 22-12-2013 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What a great opportunity to share my new Avatar thanks to the fine folks at the "Avatar Creations" forum. I went from this before the new format change:

To what you see today. If you haven't visited the forum I encourage you to do so. Very kind, and courteous with a strong desire to make your avatar everything you want it to be to tell your story.

The ghostly image of JFK torn between the backdrop of the nation and what is expected of him versus the consequences of his decisions. The price of action or inaction.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

The title of that one is "Flowers out of Horse#". It came about because of my rambling, doddering old mind. My internal thought processes went like this as OB was working on it:

1) Jefferson said "the Tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants" every so often.

2) I got to wondering, if you water something, it's a good idea to fertilize it, too, because you want it to grow.

3) When I was a kid on the farm, I used to muck out the horse stalls, and make a huge pile of the results, which then got plowed into the dirt of the garden for fertilizer. Manure has been fertilizer for thousands of years. Ours was of the horse variety.

4) It's horse# to be sending our kids off to die for OTHER folk's liberties, while we lose our own.

5) That flag grows out of the actions of those who animated the bodies that return, both dead and merely broken.

So I made the offhand comment while she was working that "flowers grow out of horse#".

She ran with it. Says that my offhand comment was what caused her to change it up a bit from what she had been working on to what you have now.

Ergo, the title of "Flowers out of Horse#".

And that is the story behind the story!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As adding music to our avatar seems to be the coming thing, and since I have a reputation for being hip, cool, and with it Daddy-o, I thought I'd add the music that I always come back to. I may switch to a different theme now and then, but I think, at my core, this is who I am.

edit on 22-12-2013 by charles1952 because: Correct Youtube code

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

My avatar is is very much an evolution of me as a member here
This was my first avatar

I asked the guys in the avatar creations thread to sex it up and went to this, I still use her for births and unfortunately more often for deaths

Then I posted this photo of me as a younger Cody

and humanseh came up with this

So I still wear my angel and my avatar with pride and love

Cody

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, since we have a theme song thread....this is it for me:

Metallica's instrumentals are among the best songs they do. I feel similar about Orion as I do this song.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes I am.I often go to the moon to take photos of the Apollo landing sites,luckily my magic yellow hoody protects me from the lack of a breathable atmosphere and the -120 degree temperatures.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interesting thread Wrabbit and good topic.

I really like your choice of avatar, as it invokes a serous tone yet still seems like you have a sense of humor about yourself (?) and you do your research!

When I signed up here, and realized I was going to stay, I simply went through scans of all my paintings and picked something that seemed to fit in, yet was still me. Many of my subjective works tend to get self portraits tucked in either subtle or not so subtle ways.

After analyzing my choice I guess it does speak about who I am. I think with my hands, and attempt to create what I wish to see in this world. I want as much involvement in my world around me as my sanity will allow.

But honestly my first idea was that there were so many knight/templar stock images used as avatars, and I realized I had one I created I could use easily. Mine was created well before I truly started seeking any substantial truths or even knew what the Templars were, but I guess its a good balance of silly, serious and mysterious.

It has grown on me and I think I'll keep it around for awhile

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join