It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Avatar pic, Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I see so many colorful, interesting, dark and complex profile images and avatars and i wonder what that says about the poster, compared to what they say or think.

Personally I wanted to associate a massive super power of unpredictable and unprecedented cosmic force with mans possible indirect self destruction through technology (HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey www.imdb.com... vs. the sun) I wanted my opinions to reflect a human skeptic with respect for technology and raw space/nature + dumb luck, or statistics, if your not into luck

Why did you pick your profile images and what do you think or want them to say about you?

edit on 14-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I picked a ginzu knife because it slices and dices through anything, watch it chop through a penny then slice this tomato perfectly thin!

Noir, to be precise, I enjoy what was considered the cheesiness of that timeperiod, especially with one-liners.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have told this story elsewhere here....but to summarize: an ex employee of mine, while I was working in laramie, wy, came into the office looking for me. He didn't see me at my desk, so he asked, "Hey, where is that big, fat, furry, Texan at?". I thought it was hilarious and i went with that in online persona's a few years later when the internet came around.

The images: i love primates. To narrow it down I stuck with the gorilla (although I have a swank Christmas avi i use that sourced from a lifelike Australopithecus photo).

Plus, it kinda makes sense to utilize a gorilla image given my user name.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Because Magic the Gathering is awesome!

And Magic the Gathering + ATS = double awesome!
edit on 14-8-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I was going to pick HAL as my avatar when I registered, then I saw yours
...I had to pick something else equally profound, colorful, and fascinating.

(I was also going to use the guy from Eraserhead, another movie, but that's already a popular choice as well.)

edit on 14-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

ELO

respect.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ive taken to switching mine figures on my mood I guess. Mostly because they are so gun-ho American, I guess it represents to me that Idealized America I grew up with, The America that was sold to me, not the one that is now.

You know the one that believed in freedom and liberty/

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Because I like Streetfighter, have played and completed every incarnation of it over the years.

My old avatar was a streetfighter one too.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Mine is a photo I took of a Peregrine Falcon. I've always admired this bird, a raptor that can fly over 200 miles per hour, (fastest animal on the planet?) with excellent eyesight.
I wanted to use one of my own photos and this one suited my sensibilities as far as my online presence is concerned.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The reason I chose my avatars is because they're either random or something I like. The current avatar with the girl holding a cat is both funny and cute. I have always found cute girls to be cuter than most.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

My avatar will be in the cover of my third book coming out this next summer. It is supposed to be Enoch at 365 years old. My brother-in-law did the artwork for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I like mine

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I use this one sometime because she came up when I searched for 'celtic warrior lady' in the google image results lol, an I think she looks pretty cool. I also use pics of myself from time to time.

My name comes from the 'Tuatha Dé Danann' from Old Irish myth and legend. I was always fascinated by them and loved reading the stories.
edit on 14-8-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well.. White Rabbit has been my screen name/CB Handle going back to my late teens, so that's a no brainer. The big book is supposed to have a copy of the Constitution on it where my Avatar is pointing like 'What about this??'. Err...it didn't come out as clear as I wanted.

The symbol is just something I threw together and considered for a logo on some underground stuff I was working with but decided not to and thought it added a bit of rebellion to the scene. 'Carrot Power!'.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

You have one of my fav avatars on ats

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well my own comes from what I've been told I would be in the creature world during one of those games you play when you are drunk with some friends.

Apparently, I have a very high tolerance level to BS. So it would take something pretty extreme to set me off into "psycho mode" very quickly. So I've been likened to a Viper. It only strikes when it needs to and against severe provocation.

Kind of stuck after that. Shame really, I always wanted to be rhino.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Xcellante because: No Reason

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Kakashi Sharingan

Because, its a Sharingan

edit on 14-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am one who believes that the quest for Truth will cost you every material thing you own.

Outside of my donated laptop, a bicycle and trailer, backpack, single burner campstove, tent, and a few changes of clothes, I am, quite literally, like the man pictured in my avatar.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I picked my avatar because it actually is a photo of me.............I am a handsome brute and you know it....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Giordano Bruno. He symbolizes for me the suppression of free-thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join