It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, family & dog leaving on $4 million Hawaiian Vacation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So if some portion of the armed services decided to stage a military coup which side would you all fall on?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
These articles are so dumb.

The President and his friends pay for the private home accommodations that rent for $25,000 per week, however taxpayers – both federal and county - pick up the majority of the bill for the rest of the trip.

Okay so he is paying for his accommodations, whats the problem?

Oh, security and logistics…

Okay, so you would rather your president be more like the leader of a banana republic and just jump on the back of some speedboat or cargo train when he wants to go somewhere. That makes sense…

This stuff isn't limited to Obama, every bloody president in office people try to make this argument. Unless you have discrepancies in the security and logistics spending *newsflash* it isn't a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

A major problem that fearless leader has is he knows nothing unless someone tells him about it. He is always getting his news from the TV or the paper. So, please no one tell him that his vacation is over and it is time to come home, PLEASE.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Unless you have discrepancies in the security and logistics spending *newsflash* it isn't a conspiracy.

Actually it's not the discrepancies that make me so angry, it's the spending and burden on taxpayers these tools do / cause on their private vacations.

reply to post by Thorneblood

Which side? The choice between the current executive or the MIC, not much of a choice. I'd probably side with the remaining authority of the local sheriffs.
edit on 186pm0101pm92013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey hey whoa whoa

theres no room for logic here

get on that the rabble wagon!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's not so much the bill, politicians sneeze more than Obama will spend, it's the timing and the length that pisses me off!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Lysergic
reply to post by boncho

Hey hey whoa whoa

theres no room for logic here

get on that the rabble wagon!

Hey that's pretty good. Never been called rabble before.

Irate, angry, PO'd, frustrated, disgusted with Obama (and his predecessors) oh yes. But rabble?

That's a first, what a minute while I get my pitchfork.

edit on 192pm3535pm92013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And of course all of these presidents started their career at one of the worst economic crisis in history, possibly even the worst considering the interconnectedness of different world economies as well as the size of US one.

Expecting full recovery within a couple of years is naive. It is good, if the economies have fully recovered by 2020, although even that is unlikely considering that the 08 burst triggered other similar events in other nation around the world (especially in PIGS).

I do not say that he has made perfect decisions, but looking at the general levels of recovery, these have not been bad either.

On vacation days: These might be costlier, but at the end even high level employees are people and need vacations every once in a while. Obama has not taken that many during his terms. By August,2013 there was a total of 92 vacation days, this comes down to roughly 23 vacation days a year, which is incredibly small number. I personally can not imagine having that low amount of paid vacation every year... (Less than 2 months is absurd...) On comparison by the same period at office Bush had taken 367 days of vacation...

www.tampabay.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Nope. Sorry. Not buying it.

I'm just a simple lowly pitiful department head at a major critical care facility.

If I took a vaycay before the drama in my department was resolved, I'd be out of a job!

But, to be honest, the buck stops with me in my department.

I guess we can't expect that level of responsibility with Obama.
edit on 17-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by boncho

It's not so much the bill, politicians sneeze more than Obama will spend, it's the timing and the length that pisses me off!

I'm 100% with you on it. It's got nothing to do with the money in a 6 TRILLION budget of spending orgy. It's about being totally tone deaf and to extremes on the population having very hard times and maybe... just for laughs.. he could give a nod to appearances and knock off the star studded parties on a regular basis at the White House, the globe trotting with family in tow for working vacations which draw enormous resources (Remember the grand tour of Africa), atop his vacations to pure rental/short term lease locations they literally need to move into and build into a Presidential working White House EACH TIME he goes.

At least previous presidents, almost to a one, have had ONE location ..maybe 2...that was remodeled once and then stripped at the end of the Presidency for all that Presidential stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

catfishjoe
And how much did the Africa trip cost? He needs to take a staycation.

Well it is not as fun to talk about but, it cost just as much to stay home. They just play with the numbers to make it seem like it costs so much but, really it is just as expensive to have him in the White House as it is some place else. The costs of security etc are all pretty much the same, even transport is not a cost killer because they use fuel costs are just covered under required flight hours kind of like a MAC flight. Meh but, that does not make for a good newss story.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You bring up a good point.

Cost is probably negligible.

I once stated to a liberal professor who was ranting about the money spent on the American military, and I said, at state-side or in the middle of the ocean, the cost doesn't really change that much based on people that need to be fed and paid.

Perception is everything.

The Senate just passed a bill cutting increases to vet benefits.
Then he goes on vacation.

The Commander-in-Chief doesn't care for his troops much.

(post by Darpa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Darpa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

boncho
These articles are so dumb.

The President and his friends pay for the private home accommodations that rent for $25,000 per week, however taxpayers – both federal and county - pick up the majority of the bill for the rest of the trip.

Okay, so you would rather your president be more like the leader of a banana republic and just jump on the back of some speedboat or cargo train when he wants to go somewhere. That makes sense…

He has been running this country since 08 just like a Banana Republic.

We Are A Banana Republic! Thanks, yes, it makes perfect sense!

Einstein, remember when they flew the DOG that lives in the White house to portray the fake first family as being a actual family to the family of believers of C and H, in a Separate Helicopter(A Dog!) because it is against Muslim Law?, or whatever it is called.(I'm not a Muslim)

...And.... all the other times compared to other presidents that occupied the W House over the years. Why don't you see how many frequent flyer miles Reggie has on behalf of Barry?!

Didn't think so, nevermind.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your upset that the president has gone on vacation, didn't the republican controlled house leave for vacation days ago?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is totally unacceptable! Taking the security of the White House on vacation! The DOG should stay home!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I screwed up my post while quoting; Sorry, I hate when that happens!

What is that above my thread? Holy Cow!!!!!!!!

Well, it was there and a doozy!

edited due to some one imploded with a implant and other stuff I can't talk about without repercussions!
, then it was destroyed only to have me look like I was imagining that I saw something that is now not there.
edit on 17-12-2013 by PRS395 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Whatever the responsibility levels, every person should have normal amounts of rest. Being on a high-responsibility position should not equate to affecting one´s health negatively and not having any time for family...

No job in the world should trump over health and family, whatever the responsibilities.

The constant pressure, high-level meetings, media attention, public appearances, focus on every word, every move are extremely stressful themselves, add in the long hours and lots of travelling, which leads to less sleep and less time with the family. Give the guy a break... 23 days of vacation is very low considering the job. The 90 days Bush took off every years sounds significantly more reasonable.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

Your upset that the president has gone on vacation, didn't the republican controlled house leave for vacation days ago?

Maybe but they didn't take Air Force One and support planes, the Navy Seals, etc, etc for $181K per hour, plus snacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join