It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, family & dog leaving on $4 million Hawaiian Vacation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Call me selfish but this is really upsetting. While the country languishes in record numbers of food-stamp users, the obamacare debacle and extended unemployment benefits get cut for Xmas our beloved supreme commander and family are jotting off to Hawaii for a $4 million family vacation. All he needs to do now is say "Let them eat cake!"

Sunny Christmas: First Family and Dog Bo to Leave Cold DC for $4 Million Hawaiian Vacation

KAILUA, Hawaii – The now familiar signs that President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, daughters Sasha and Malia and First Dog Bo will be arriving in Hawaii for Christmas are appearing in the close knit beachside community on Oahu’s windward side.

Coast Guard officials have contacted boat owners in the area to remind them the canal and popular surf spot fronting the private beachfront homes where the President will vacation beginning Friday are off limits for 17 days.

Oh right, he owns the ocean too. Give me a break. Maybe the secret service is afraid he'll run into some of the voters who might be inclined to give him a piece of their mind.

Black SUVs and government issued vans are parked along the street fronting homes now occupied by the U.S. Secret Service, Navy Seals and Coast Guard.

By the time the President arrives, concrete blockades and security will bar direct entrance to Kailuana Place where the President stays. Coast Guard on armed boats will patrol the canal and ocean. All airlines will be barred from flying over the island.

Guess he's a little concerned people may not like him so much anymore. Can't imagine why.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And how much did the Africa trip cost? He needs to take a staycation.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Makes Bush sitting on his arse on his Texas ranch seem not so bad in hindsight.

No, wait, still bad. They are all crooks. Take a normal vacation on your own money, I understand security issues and such, but in that case just go somewhere it is easy to secure like Camp David.

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

He doesn't represent the people of the country.

Not sure who he represents.

It's the on-going arrogant, narcissistic behavior that he gets away with that baffles me.

I guess Obamacare is going so well, he doesn't need to "man the helm".

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You forgot to mention the new dog- Bo's 'playmate'...what's his name? Diddely?...aw, I forget.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Take a normal vacation on your own money, I understand security issues and such, but in that case just go somewhere it is easy to secure like Camp David.

Nah can't do that, too cold and anyway the Obama's' are special. Just ask them.

Maybe this is Barry's way of dodging his wife's anger for that selfie with the blond he took over at Mandala's funeral. Now that I think about it... hmm.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I guess Obamacare is going so well, he doesn't need to "man the helm".

Yeah maybe. Let's hope his vacation goes as well.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Another $4 million vacation?

Who says bumbling incompetence is easy? Look at Inspector Clouseau! (Of course, the Inspector did actually get things right, if only by accident...)

Well, it's a good thing taxpayers provide a bottomless pit of money... keep workin' hard, suckaz!

Bo needs a fresh mineral water for his new crystal water bowl.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Let em. How cares. Obviously no one does save the backwaters of the Internet and obscure websites that can easily labeled as "nut-jobs". Point being, the media doesn't care, so the People won't. No matter how much you scream here on ATS.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Reagan:

Taxpayers covered the cost of approximately $8 million for presidential travel during the Reagan's first 6 years in office

articles.latimes.com...

President Ronald Reagan retreated to Barbados for Easter in April of 1982 at a taxpayer cost of $3.5 million.

www.msnbc.com...

Bush jnr

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

archives.politicususa.com...

As president you're going to get perks including Obama to the dismay of many conservatives. It's just reality. None of you seemed to care back then so there's really no real reason for you to suddenly care now, aside from partisan BS as per usual.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It is Not 4 million! Why don't you double that for the first couple days only....

Nice try media, It is much greater. Remember he, they can't add and don't care to...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Thanks for posting that, I was just looking at it myself.

Fact of the matter is I don't care. It simply proves they're all crooks as posted above. I doubt anyone would have cared (or noticed) if Bush Jr would have left for his ranch and just stayed there.

These folks are living the life of extravagant luxury why a large portion of the country goes hungry. Might as well give them a fiddle while Rome burns (again.) Worthless leeches all.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You're right. And all those former presidents left with record unemployment, a depressed economy, and their signature legislation in shambles.

It's comparing apples to ear wax.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You don't get a bonus pay for those links. Your employer is also unhappy that their motives have not been concealed so well by your responses lately. Ill just say it before they do. Just start a new identity and be less obvious.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Maybe people are starting to realize that while Rome burns, the emperor fiddles; does it matter if it was today or yesterday they did so? So because past presidents misuse and misappropriate their time and tax-payer's dime, we should excuse this one?!

I guess if they are of our ideology, we should right!?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

edit on Tue Dec 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They're the American version of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos. Michelle probably has a few less pairs of shoes, but then, has anyone been up to check in a few years?

I'm only kidding about the shoes. It really is a similar disconnect and flamboyant lifestyle in the face of a struggling population. Struggling is radically different between Main Street USA and Manilla, but then, it's all a relative thing too. Absolutely relative.

It seems a few vacations a year is the norm and they figure it's their due, with total separation to whatever is happening in the nation during any given period.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Good time for the Kiluea shelf to "drop"
Hint, Hint my NSA Overlords

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PRS395

Excellent point, they are Obamabucks. That probably means 35 million by the end of the trip.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Media Matters, LA Times and MSnbc those are great unbiased organizations to quote. I'll buy that for a buck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join