It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, family & dog leaving on $4 million Hawaiian Vacation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Bassago

LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

Your upset that the president has gone on vacation, didn't the republican controlled house leave for vacation days ago?

Maybe but they didn't take Air Force One and support planes, the Navy Seals, etc, etc for $181K per hour, plus snacks.

Name another president that didn't do the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

Your upset that the president has gone on vacation, didn't the republican controlled house leave for vacation days ago?

I don't think its so much as the president is going on vacation; each person deserves a well paid vacation. That said, given the perception and position of the president, it doesn't sit well taking vacations while eschewing the 'rich' for living lavishly or complaining about the 'income disparity' of the nation.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Geez , I Bet that Dawg Eats Better than Me . Thanks you Farkin Bastage !.........

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Bassago

LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe but they didn't take Air Force One and support planes, the Navy Seals, etc, etc for $181K per hour, plus snacks.

William Henry Harrison

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I never said other presidents didn't do the same. I said it was wrong.

Air Force One Annual Costs
Expense Amount: $7,000,000
Year of Expense: 2006

Expense Amount: $280,000,000
Year of Expense: 2009

source

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
B. Hussein Obama (a.k.a. captain teleprompter) with his administration of clowns, idiots, and outright traitors, including all the congressional and senatorial jerk-offs, have decided in their infinite wisdom to cut military retirement pensions by $6 billion over the next 10 years.

source: www.foxnews.com...

No worries though they'll be tripling a request from the trust fund children in Israel for more financial aid, in addition to a $3 billion annual free lunch.

source: www.lewrockwell.com...

Along with ignoring an IRS loophole that permits illegal immigrants, to claim $4.2 billion annually in refundable tax credits for their start-up baby factories.

source: www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 17-12-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Bassago

LDragonFire
reply to post by beezzer

Again; if a populace has decided that enough is enough should they then ignore the current situation because "others have done it too?"; that is a weak argument by the way....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

These folks are living the life of extravagant luxury why a large portion of the country goes hungry.

Just out of curiosity. Sports stars and Hollywood actors. They make millions and millions. Is it okay or not okay for them to be living luxuriously? I know this is tangent. Again, just curious.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Bassago

These folks are living the life of extravagant luxury why a large portion of the country goes hungry.

Just out of curiosity. Sports stars and Hollywood actors. They make millions and millions. Is it okay or not okay for them to be living luxuriously? I know this is tangent. Again, just curious.

They are not utilizing the resources of the Federal Government to enjoy those luxuries; save tax write-offs and such (not to go on a tangent)....

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

So include that aspect in the tangent part of my post
Does it upset you I asked a simple question out of curiosity? I wasn't presenting a case or making an assumption.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This information hasn't been vetted but I think it's a good place to start and I've seen other numbers matching this, I even had a document ready for a lengthy thread... but...

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents

I think if you really take a look at it, I did but don't have the info I compiled any longer.... I think that in terms of days on vacation and money spent on vacations when in office, that Obama has spent less then everyone except for Carter. That's telling you something. The Right is trying to come up with a non issue here. Criticize Obama for his policies and not some made up stuff like this.

I even heard Dennis Miller beating down some of his callers on his show with the same information. This is a non issue.
edit on 17-12-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

If you are upset with presidential vacations then don't stop with someone like Obama who takes less then most of the others but look at all of the presidents in the past and push for reform in the future. You look a little shortsighted and blind, really, when everyone is doing something but you only pick on one guy. Who would do that? lol
edit on 17-12-2013 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Bassago

What private sector people do with their own money is their business. What public sector people do with our tax dollars is ours and our responsibility to speak out about when we believe it to be wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

No not at all; what they do on their own dime, is there own business. Just as I do with whatever I have. When it involves the Public's monies is when it is a concern; as it should be.

If Mr. Basketball player or Mr. Movie Star wants to spend like a drunken sailor on shore leave, so be it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

No one was speaking about days of vacation except people supporting them.

We're discussing the cost of these vacations on the tax payers and whether it's ethical. (It isn't.)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by amazing

No one was speaking about days of vacation except people supporting them.

We're discussing the cost of these vacations on the tax payers and whether it's ethical. (It isn't.)

But why only relate this to Obama...making it seem like he's spending more than other presidents. He isn't. He's spending less. What's the issue?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

To be fair, you are accurate; but many have not been posters here on ATS since those days (let alone be alive to the oldest reference). That said, it does not make it right nor has any president done so while at the same time, comment from the other side of his mouth how the "rich" need to pay.

I think that is the biggest difference in the comparison. No one is letting other presidents off the hook as we look back historically. What is examined is the perception of the current to how he publicly decries the "rich", while he himself is indulging upon it.

ETA:

We are talking about politics here. If the nation is healthy and all is well on the home front, such vacations do not register to the populace. It is when things are bad do we look to see what our public officials are doing; riding Air Force jets home to constituents, vacations, etc. That perception is a valid driver of how we analyze the situation.
edit on 17-12-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I see your point and point taken. My fear is that this "issue" is being used to further divide us into liberals and conservatives, right and left and republican democrat. Taken by itself it's a noble question and should be looked at but then it's not, is it? It's thrown into the chasm on top of healthcare, birth certificates, gun control and used as one more scare tactic to show how Obama is destroying the nation...when in fact he isn't and he's doing what every other president in history has done.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

To me this tax-payer expense seems so trivial when compared to the gross spending that goes in the military budget. I can't imagine why we'd focus on this, rather than that, if the concern is feeding a hungry populace. This vacation expense is drop in a bucket in comparison (I believe it was 20% at 690 billion for 2012). Unless of course you think that budget is justified. Anyways, apologizes for the tangent. I'll probably just stick to reading the thread

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Yes but when that very Government is demanding we pay more (via taxes) to supplement their spending habits, it is only valid for the People to examine their stewardship.

The past 13 years haven't been a shining example and that number could be extended. We are no longer viewed as free persons but as taxpayers; income revenue (source, etc.). That is not a republican/democrat thing; that is a growing State thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

amazing

I see your point and point taken. My fear is that this "issue" is being used to further divide us into liberals and conservatives, right and left and republican democrat. Taken by itself it's a noble question and should be looked at but then it's not, is it? It's thrown into the chasm on top of healthcare, birth certificates, gun control and used as one more scare tactic to show how Obama is destroying the nation...when in fact he isn't and he's doing what every other president in history has done.

Taken with the perspective of the entire budget yes it's a small percentage, no one questions that. The thing is he's supposed to be leading us but it only appears he's thumbing his nose at us. Ethics need to start somewhere. As far as tossing it on top of the other issues well if they weren't there to begin with we couldn't toss it there.

Your perspective is valid and all perspectives are welcome here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join