It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FROM 0 TO 1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Shh, you can't have mathematical facts in a creationist thread. Infinity needs to be treated as if it's some mystical/spiritual entity instead of a mathematical tool otherwise the whole argument falls apart.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

bastion
reply to post by tgidkp

Shh, you can't have mathematical facts in a creationist thread. Infinity needs to be treated as if it's some mystical/spiritual entity instead of a mathematical tool otherwise the whole argument falls apart.

Thats not true! lol The Mystical side of me says the Creator CREATED mathematics. The Word can be deduced to a number.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by CosmicDude

Only thing I can remember that can go from 0 to 1 is thought, so I ask: Is the whole universe, us included, just a thought of the one we call God ?

Bravo

would it ruin reality for you if it was?

Well, we always tend to wake up when we realize the people in our dreams are staring us

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hello again,

I`d like to thank you all for the input to this thread

Again, this thread is not about religion, God Vs Science, physics or maths, the purpose of my OP is just try to understand what comes before the everything we know ?

- Was there an absolute ZERO, meaning NOTHING (sorry, my mistake to call "darkness" to ZERO, as it`s not the same thing) ? ...How do you describe nothing ? ....How come creation (or something) comes from NOTHING without an Intelligent source (conscience) that is capable of thinking behind it ?

- Today`s science explains the existence of Universe (EVERYTHING) through the Big-Bang theory only. This theory says that there was an extremely hot and dense spot that started to expand.
Has this spot been there forever ? ...If not, what was there before ? ...NOTHING ? ....If Yes, then how come this spot SUDDENLY starts to expand ?

This kind of deep thinking always takes me to believe that conscience, either individual or as ONE, has always been, IS and will always be and that this conscience is what switches things ON and OFF, from 0 to 1.

edit on 18-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In the scientific approach, talking about the Big-Bang, there was never an absolute ZERO as the Universe supposedly was in an extremely hot and dense state. thus, there was something. However, what and/or who made it start expanding ? .

The question should be, who put that "something" there. It couldn't just be there. But instead of starting there, science starts from the alleged big bang.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Why does it always have to be a who?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Hellas

well can it be a 'what' ?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Hellas

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Hellas

well can it be a 'what' ?

I can see a "what" being much more likely than a "who".

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

A What has no conscience and we have one (well at least some of us, lol). So the question is: Is it possible that a conscience is generated by a WHAT insteade of a WHO ?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

CosmicDude

A What has no conscience and we have one (well at least some of us, lol). So the question is: Is it possible that a conscience is generated by a WHAT insteade of a WHO ?

If you listen to evolutionary theory, then yes, it is. It makes a lot more sense than, oh, for instance, something can't come from nothing so something came from someone that came from nothing.

2+1 = 4 False
2+1+3 = 10 True

Bottom line: it's all speculation for the time being. No one here has the right answer, because if they had the right answer, scientists would have gotten paid to prove it by now.
edit on 18-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

True that we still have to learn a lot about brain functions but I still dont believe that our emotions and conscience is just from our brain.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Where do you get "In the Beginning there was darkness"? Are you saying that is from the Bible? Here is Genesis 1:1-5

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

So first off the phrase you started your post with is not in the Biblical creation account. Secondly, does "Darkness" or "Dark" really exist? Darkness isn't a thing. It cannot be measured or captured in any tangible way. We can measure light, or brightness. You can see God created Light in verse 3. Before that there was nothing. If your question is how did God create something from nothing the answer from the Bible is God spoke it into existence. No man will be able to explain that process or give a detailed scientific explanation. I have read a lot of interesting theories on the properties of sound. Perhaps there is something there.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

CosmicDude

True that we still have to learn a lot about brain functions but I still dont believe that our emotions and conscience is just from our brain.

That's the beautiful thing about science. It doesn't matter what you believe.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

the purpose of my OP is just try to understand what comes before the everything we know ?

But that is never a ending loop one gets stuck in if understanding is being able to express that understanding using the concepts we know of now.

If its understanding for you and you alone then it will come but not in the form of words that you can understand like words in english.

The words best matched to describe the understanding you seek to me are "incomprehensible" , "unimaginable" simply concepts that are unknown to be described using the languages of humanity today.

Maybe tomorrow a new thought might arise to help comprehend and create an explanation, maybe this thread is the avenue that thought might arrive on.

Man reality can get quite deep at times only to realize your still at the shallow end and what you thought was deep was only the beginning of the abyss.

edit:

This kind of deep thinking always takes me to believe that conscience, either individual or as ONE, has always been, IS and will always be and that this conscience is what switches things ON and OFF, from 0 to 1.

Now that is my kind of thinking,

Have I a twin that goes by the ATS name Cosmic dude?

Basically conciseness in my opinion is all there is.

The consciousness is aware, however I think the awareness it has as being a little complicated in order to trick the consciousness into to believing in separation so as for the consciousness to have another awareness to interact with until one day when two or more awareness's come together and realize they are the same, there is no separation from anything, we only need there to be to learn there isn't.

edit on 18-12-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Nice thread, my head is hurting very slightly, may need to lie down.
Haven't a bunch of white coats with clipboards in Switzerland spent a megahoosa amount of money trying to get close to this answer? At least to bridge the gap?

Didn't they speculate that if the Big Bang was true, then it could be reversed, The Big Crunch? to get back to the essential point in time when the light switch was flicked? I mean, doesn't it disagree with Einstein? no wonder he hated quantum.

Entropy is an interesting word. Surely though, before the big bang (if you believe in it), the universe in its state of non existence was at perfect equilibrium? But can you apply the laws of physics before such a thing exists upon which to apply a law?
Being non existent seems pretty balanced to me, it's all this entropy which makes it complicated, as the universe seeks to find equilibrium in an ever expanding (in whatever direction) playground.

Well sorry, I've probably added nothing of interest so I will go fetch me coat.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

My personal belief is we are all the same consciousness just experiencing it from different viewpoints, kinda like the universe having a really long hard look at itself

Great thread S&F
edit on 17/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Exactly my opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Now that is my kind of thinking,

Have I a twin that goes by the ATS name Cosmic dude?

lol, I believe we are like cells of the same body. each cell has its own individuality but they work all together to keep the body alive. maybe we are cells with the same function sharing similar DNA info

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

A continuous Big-bang - Big-crunch ruled by entropy

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I believe we are like cells of the same body.

stop stealing my random thoughts and beliefs

maybe we are cells with the same function sharing similar DNA info

It sure does point to it at times. this being one of them

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

That is funny, but we have yet to see who`s stealing who, lol

Indeed my beliefs at this point is that everything, I mean the whole universe, us included, is a kind of celestial body we are part of. Galaxies, stars and planets can be like members and/or complete organs and maybe we are cells who have own individuality but are also "The One"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join