It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FROM 0 TO 1

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"In the beginning there was darkness" ....Then, how did God turned on the light ?

Darkness, aka absolute zero, aka nothing is undescrideble as you can`t even associate a color to it, so, how the hell is possible that 1, aka everything, come out of nothing ? ....this in a religious point of view.

In the scientific approach, talking about the Big-Bang, there was never an absolute ZERO as the Universe supposedly was in an extremely hot and dense state. thus, there was something. However, what and/or who made it start expanding ? ....I mean, there is something hot and very dense, that suddenly starts to expand and there is no cause behind it ?

Only thing I can remember that can go from 0 to 1 is thought, so I ask: Is the whole universe, us included, just a thought of the one we call God ?
edit on 17-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

I think we both know how this thread is going to end.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

CosmicDude
"In the beginning there was darkness" ....Then, how did God turned on the light ?

Darkness, aka absolute zero, aka nothing is undescrideble as you can`t even associate a color to it, so, how the hell is possible that 1, aka everything, come out of nothing ? ....this in a religious point of view.

In the scientific approach, talking about the Big-Bang, there was never an absolute ZERO as the Universe supposedly was in an extremely hot and dense state. thus, there was something. However, what and/or who made it begun to expand ? ....I mean, there is something hot and very dense, that suddenly starts to expand and there is no cause behind it ?

Only thing I can remember that can go from 0 to 1 is thought, so I ask: Is the whole universe, us included, just a thought of the one we call God ?

I think you are onto something there.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No enlighten us. It's a honest question from a poster to which I already know your stance but a passive aggresive response is just snarky and belittling.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What do you mean ? ...never ending discusion with no conclusions ?

Questions, questions, so many questions ..... although we don`t have the answers, some of the questions may be right ?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Shocking thoughts. Take a look at this world.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

CosmicDude

never ending discusion with no conclusions ?

Bingo!

Yet...look deeper into that and there is your answer, most people just call it Infinity. But do we or can we comprehend it at all? I sometimes like to think I can, but am I really? If it is unfathomable how then is it measured?

We can of course give all sorts of real world examples within the confines of our 3-Dimensional time dependent universe but how do we describe it from outside of it? We can measure it with limited means but again can it even be described? Reminds me of Flatland and the square.

Take a moment a brief one if you like and imagine Cosmological infinity either cyclical like in a pattern of expansion and compression of a universe ad nauseum. Or perhaps one in which like 2 sheets of paper that rub together that spot tiny and imperceptible were both of them meets and the atoms collide is for a brief (in terms of Infinity) moment the process in which a Universe is created. From that one point of contact, everything exists and then just as quickly winking out of existence when the papers stop touching.

If you like describe Infinity to me. Use small words and take your time, in fact take all the time needed...
edit on 17-12-2013 by abeverage because: of trying to bite my own neck...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Infinity means no beginnig and no end. Infinity was, is and will always be 1. No 0 here. I think that Infinity is even more difficult to understand

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, first, you're slightly mistaken as we're still at 0. I know you don't remember this, as you never do, but once again, this is a figment of your Imagination. Creation has yet to occur, as you have not yet created.

Nah,
but what you write shows that humanity is capable of some seriously flawed logic, which births seriously flawed outlooks.

It is the nature of the human beast to justify that which passes around him. So, out of order comes chaos, and verce visa veritas.

Either way, red is blue, and blue is old.
Ask the truth again today, for now the hour is bold.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I do not think that 0 is nothing. In fact "Nothing" does not exist as there is always something.

At least mathematicians realised that from 0 you could go backwards (-1, -2 , etc).

The point that I am making is that it is wrong to assume that there is such a state as nothingness. In fact it is Everythingness.

But you are right about thought and you may have answered your question.

edit on 17-12-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I think we both know how this thread is going to end.

This is another "church meeting" thread. Lots of discussion. And in the end, nobody learns anything or changes their minds about anything. Ultimately pointless.

Believers gonna believe. Doubters gonna doubt.

There's a reason why the job market isn't begging for philosophers these days. The Internet is flooded with them doing the work for free.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im normally the first one to jump into a religious thread to offer a few snarky remarks but I think this one is actually great!!!

Its not about anyones book or customs, this is a discussion that everyone can be involved in regardless of which piece of useless fictional propaganda they subscribe to (Sorry had to get at least one veiled insult in
)

Unless Ive misunderstood science has proven that consciousness is essential for reality to function so I reckon your onto something.

My personal belief is we are all the same consciousness just experiencing it from different viewpoints, kinda like the universe having a really long hard look at itself

Great thread S&F
edit on 17/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
ok so.my 2.cents.

the begining was what happened when intellegence arose giving rise to hyperinflation as the first conciousness collapsed the first particle/waves in our universe.

s split second later thr.consoiusnes splits giviving rise to a firm universe and second hyperinflation as thetwo intellegences collappse waves creatiilng thr first solid things/ matter and what we cqll rewlity

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by abeverage

Infinity means no beginnig and no end. Infinity was, is and will always be 1. No 0 here. I think that Infinity is even more difficult to understand

every integer contains an infinity. the gap between 0 and 1 is impossible to calculate. this is the premise upon which all of calculus rests: THE LIMIT OF A FUNCTION

ordinal number

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Totally wrong as this was never meant to be a religious nor a God vs Science thread.
This was just a deep thought exercice.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

CosmicDude

In the scientific approach, talking about the Big-Bang, there was never an absolute ZERO as the Universe supposedly was in an extremely hot and dense state. thus, there was something. However, what and/or who made it start expanding ? ....I mean, there is something hot and very dense, that suddenly starts to expand and there is no cause behind it ?

and how does space expand faster than light? (dejavu)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Bravo

would it ruin reality for you if it was?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

although we don`t have the answers

Darkness, light

Balance

We have the answers otherwise the questions would never arise

some of the questions may be right ?

All are right, the answers could not match the question but none are wrong

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

hyper inflation was the result of consiousnes

but with one consousness inflation stops at sone poinr

when the first creates the second we get a second hyperinflation

with two consiousness you can now have a uniceverse

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

CosmicDude

"In the beginning there was darkness" is speaking about the Earth if you are referring to the Bible. If not... ok. Disregard all of the below thoughts. lol

If you are though... here is where my train of thought goes.

In the beginning there was darkness and the Earth was without form. The darkness describes the spirits of rebellion as we wanted to separate our self and "play" in the Cosmos. The Earth was not meant for us but meant for the expressions of the Singularity.

First it was a spiritual realm before matter was formed. We hovered the Earth during it's creation into matter and once matter took hold we became stuck over time and needed a plan out. This is why there was "darkness was over the face of the deep (waters) and God's spirit hovered over the waters". Waters describe "spirit". We were busted!

There is color in darkness because it never overcomes the light. In a "material sense" with the sense of human sight one may conclude there is no light thus it would be ONLY dark. If you notice though, when you go into a pitch black room, your eyes adjust and the light is then reflected and boom you can see. It's all about the spiritual though regarding your "in the beginning there was darkness".

The Singularity in spirit is the first cause. The second cause was moving. Once the singularity moved it then expressed itself outward, like the splitting of an Atom/Adam. Hence we were created IN spirit, then flesh.

One day our flesh with the help of our spirit will find balance with light and darkness and not be "stuck" any longer.

edit on 18-12-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join