It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious object block Seattle tunnel progress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My ex-brother in law used to move artwork to bill's hidden bunker, he was sworn to secrecy. I love his descriptions about Bill's mansion that has 5 different rotating walls who he changes depending on his guests, Asian theme, anglo theme, techy theme, etc...

Also Bill Gates takes a sub under lake Washington to work ( don't know how often he still goes to work) to avoid the morning rush-hour and gawkers etc...

He probably has some crazy stuff underground.

I've been to Starbucks HQ before with ex-brother in law #1 (he worked there) that place is awesome. As well as Seattle underground. Hell after coming back from the Great War I'd chill there and smoke some opium with

So yeah crazy stuff all over the place here. And Mt. Ranier WILL blow, only a matter of time, luckily we have evac routes that lead up to my hill so I can literally watch the pyroclastic flow fill up Auburn Valley (actually I think having a new back yard lava pool would be cooler!). So yeah round the valley most affluent live on the hills cept my hill is next to muck reservation sooooo not quite as nice as Lakeland hills whose bastards are trying to succeed and form their own town, that place literally is SUBURBIA

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Get something like tunnelbear. It allows you to choose what country you're "from", and make viewing things a lot easier. I use it because so many sites aren't available in Australia, which doesn't help when I follow a lot of the ATS links

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As the Seattle Times article, linked below, explains, it could take two more weeks before the nature of the tunnel obstruction is discovered.
It is probably not a buried man-made object, as at this depth only natural terrain is expected.
Even though 'Bertha' can normally break up boulders, this may not be possible if the boulder is in loose soil, and so shifts around while the boring machine is trying to break it up.
At least the story won't simply fade away. The object stands in the way of a major freeway construction project, and has brought our best tunneling technology to a stop. Whatever its nature, mundane or otherwise, it can not be ignored.
seattletimes.com...
edit on 13-12-2013 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why are they using a grinder tunneler, rather than the laser tunneler the US government has available?

It'll be damned interesting if the cause for the obstruction goes errr, underground, and we never find out the reason for it.

Prior ATS tunnel boring discussion

Interestingly, a LOT of the links on that page from several years ago are now 404'd.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have a little input into what it may be. A big hunk of steel.

I say this because I have been a sheet metal worker for 25 years. Been on hundreds of job sites.

Back in 02 0r so was on one where the guy hired to drill for the elevator hit something at 47 feet. Couldnt get past. Days went by him trying. He was fired.

Big crew came in from WV I think. big trucks, big talk. would have that drilled in hours.

3 days later....drilled through two (2) 4 inch thick pieces of steel buried 47 feet under ground.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think it's a huge chunk of "leaverite".
This material is naturally occurring and is best dealt with in the manner suggested by it's name.
Leaverite there.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's "Bertha," not "Big Bertha." It is named after the first female mayor of Seattle (indeed, first female mayor of any large city in the US). Bertha is currently between S. Main and S. Jackson streets, which is an area of fill from the old city. It is not yet into "glacial till" therefore it is unlikely to be a rock. At this point they CAN tunnel down from above, if they have to, because there are no extremely large buildings or skyscrapers in the way. It is now 60 feet deep, which means it is NOT part of the old city. After the Seattle fire the new city was built one storey up, but that accounts for only about 12 feet or so.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

You could be right. But, after giving the topic more thought, I am convinced it is a pyramid, or a Lemurian ark.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The video with the article, linked below, from KING 5 Television, has Chris Dixon, spokesman for the construction project, saying that the tunnel is believed to be below the fill dirt that was brought in.
www.king5.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ya know what is fascinating, the native american myths from around the Seattle area claim the center of all creation is over on Nob Hill.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A plausible scenario. Bertha has hit a boulder in soft soil which allows the boulder to rotate rather than sit still and be crunched up. The soil is not hard or compacted enough to hold the boulder still while Bertha attacks it. It'll be awhile before we know.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Q33323
reply to post by Coopdog

You're probably right, but I am apt to daydream...

Workers discover an ancient structure, with an opening leading into a narrow passage which takes them to a room full of gold scrolls which contain millions of years of earth history. Also, they find a giant flawless crystal which opens multidimensional portals, and a hovercraft too.

Of course, we'd never hear a thing about it.

But once again, it's probably a rock.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

Much like where the Scrolls from the Library of Alexandria went ! ??

or a Atlantian underground Base !! LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I do not need red letters across my name to appear more inept as the next poster, but here's the deal. Old town got hit by the drill and I believe it to be nothing more, being so close to the current ground level. I have been to some underground like Penn Station in NYC, deeper than most, it's still just a small hole made by man without anything grand to see.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Geologist David B. Williams explains in a blog, linked below, that Bertha is in an area of glacial till, beneath the filled in layer near Seattle's waterfront. He thinks that the object is likely a glacial erratic-- a boulder pushed ahead of an an advancing glacier during the ice age, and stranded there when the glacier retreated 10,000 or so years ago. The blog includes a map and geological cross-section chart of the area.
geologywriter.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14-12-2013 by Ross 54 because: removed double post

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
These things are nuclear fuelled - right?
If so, is this one of the ones which melts the rock behind it as it goes or is it one of the ones which put up concrete eighth-sections as it moves along?

Either way, it really should have the technology or the technology should have been used to figure out what was in the ground at any point on the route. The machine should be able to sort out most types of rocks and rubbish in front of the blades, surely?. These things cost millions and to have them standing around for days doing nothing is a terrible waste of money.

Is there some way to get at the real truth here? Does anyone know someone who works for the city, the drilling squads or who works on the Bertha boring machine?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Which city?
Does Seattle posses advanced tech which is not known elsewhere?
It's been a while but last time I was there...not so much.

Sounds like they hit a rock.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Sounds like they hit a rock.

what makes you think that? (considering what its designed to do)
cmon i expected better phage

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Your expectations are of no concern.
What makes you think it isn't a rock? Rocks come in various sizes, densities, and hardness.
edit on 12/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Your expectations are of no concern.
What makes you think it isn't a rock? Rocks come in various sizes, densities, and hardness.
edit on 12/15/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

nothing
but there are plenty of other logical explanations and this thing is designed to tear through rocks like a vegas buffet

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join