It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious object block Seattle tunnel progress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seattle's $4B tunnel project came to a standstill after the tunneling machine, named Bertha, encountered a "mysterious object" after 1000 feet of progress.

Here is a link to the story:

Mysterious Object Blocks Seattle Tunnel Project

Here is a link with information about the tunneling machine:

Big Bertha

I'm wondering what this object may be? Here's a few guesses:
1. ice age boulder
2. ancient landfill
3. alien capsule
4. earth wart
5. shaft leading to Bill Gates' Deep Underground Billionaire Base

edit on 11-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

1 and 2 make sense.. the rest are unlikely...
could be anything.. but I doubt it's alien related..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Impressive machine. www.popsci.com...
Got that Mayan look to it

edit on 11-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting wonder if the block has something to do with the old streets/Seattle underground.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
o yes a mystery in the making good thread this is why i first came to a.t.s years ago i hope it is not a old railcar but what are the chances of the public finding out anything if history and old newspaper cuttings are looked into s&f

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

rickymouse

Is it just me or has the popsci article been moved? It seems every time I go to view a popsci article I get the "Page Unavailable" error. Maybe it's because I'm not in the U.S. or something?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder

rickymouse

Is it just me or has the popsci article been moved? It seems every time I go to view a popsci article I get the "Page Unavailable" error. Maybe it's because I'm not in the U.S. or something?
on your end as it is coming up ok in the u.k

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Problem is they need Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck to get some Armageddon action going down there..

They can drill anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This link shows five "potentially active" volcanos in Washington state:

Washington State Volcanos

My aunt lives near Tacoma, and she's been talking about fear of Mount Rainier "blowing its top" for as long as I can remember.

This object is 60-feet below the surface. It wouldn't take more than the ash fallout of one major eruption, and a several thousand years of normal particulate accumulation, to cover an ancient structure to the aforementioned depth.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Quatermass and the Pit (US title: Five Million Years to Earth) is a 1967 British science fiction horror film. Made by Hammer Film Productions it is a sequel to the earlier Hammer films The Quatermass Xperiment and Quatermass 2. Like its predecessors it is based on a BBC Television serial – Quatermass and the Pit – written by Nigel Kneale. It was directed by Roy Ward Baker and stars Andrew Keir in the title role as Professor Bernard Quatermass, replacing Brian Donlevy who played the role in the two earlier films. James Donald, Barbara Shelley and Julian Glover appear in co-starring roles.
The plot, which is largely faithful to the original television production, centres on the discovery of a mysterious object buried in the ground at the site of an extension to the London Underground. Also uncovered nearby are the remains of early human ancestors more than five million years old. Realising that the object is in fact an ancient Martian spacecraft, Quatermass deduces that the aliens have influenced human evolution and the development of human intelligence. The spacecraft has an intelligence of its own and once uncovered begins to exert a malign influence, resurrecting Martian memories and instincts buried deep within the human psyche. Mayhem breaks out on the streets of London as the alien force grows in strength.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

I'm in that area also, and there is some HUGE boulders here, and my money is one of those being the culprit in this mystery. It is an expensive delay though and that is going to be on our shoulders as taxpayers here. What's a few more million at this point? lol

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
could be an old ship of some kind

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

By golly... This must be it!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

geobro

ChaoticOrder

rickymouse

on your end as it is coming up ok in the u.k

nah getting the same here in aus. article moved, permanent error.

odd..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Given the area being tunneled, my money is on a long abandoned piece of underground Seattle. Hell, just walking along the waterfront, you still see pieces of walls and the sticking out from the embankments. That whole part of the city has a lot of half buried buildings in it.

I would doubt the boulder, though. Given that 100 plus years ago, that part of Seattle was inhabited pretty close to the depths it has been found, a boulder would have surely been mentioned or noticed.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here is the image of the head of the most boring machine in the world. You have to wonder what made it stop...

Picture is from popsci article rickymouse linked and that works in east Canada.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

You're probably right, but I am apt to daydream...

Workers discover an ancient structure, with an opening leading into a narrow passage which takes them to a room full of gold scrolls which contain millions of years of earth history. Also, they find a giant flawless crystal which opens multidimensional portals, and a hovercraft too.

Of course, we'd never hear a thing about it.

But once again, it's probably a rock.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well I'm in Australia too. It must have something to do with that... bloody Aus haters I tell you!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

I love those old B movies....I'm a real addict for 'em. Get 'em free on utube.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join