It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by pondrthis

A two-day suspension in elementary doesn't affect college prospects.

You're certainly right that it doesn't impact college admissions. Not at that low level, anyway. However, it does have an effect. If it didn't, why do it? There would be no reason at all. If the violation is serious or meaningful and punishment serves a purpose? Then the impact even makes sense. If it doesn't? I call it Tyranny-for-Tots and it's a program with real hard impact.

It teaches the child to Obey and Comply, above all else. First with whatever policy, good or bad, they have violated but more importantly in a broad way. When they learn that even MERE THOUGHT and IMAGINATION can have them busted, parked in detention and given a nasty note on their school record? Well...I'll bet they are a bit more careful about their THOUGHTS in the future.

Now that's as totalitarian and brutal as I can imagine anything being for a nation, under ANY system. No child..anywhere in the world..should ever fear their own imagination or thoughts if it's not producing something which directly victimizes someone else (gotta add that last part these days).

So it doesn't matter if it impacts their college...it DOES impact their MIND and their outlook on life and their place in it. THAT is plenty to say B.S. punishment for imaginary offenses should become imaginary actions that never take place in the real world.

Let the teachers imagine what they'd LIKE to do if they COULD abuse the children..and stop ACTUALLY abusing them on a regular basis like this.
edit on 13-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Throw that in with video games and Facebook and our kids are zombies. I try to take my family camping several times a year. No computers. No video games. No TV. One phone(just in case of an emergency).

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So no more freeze tag. No more Red Rover. No more dodge ball. Just a bunch of sad kids with no imagination .

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Thought Police are targeting kids for Thoughtcrime now? Oh Mr Orwell if only you were still around, mabee you could tell us how this madness all ends!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Every time this happens, the people who are claiming that the kid done something wrong-need their faces shown all over the net and anywhere else. There is something wrong with somebody when they think it's a crime when little kids shoot at each other with their fingers. This sort of lunacy needs to be exposed and shown the door. Again, post their faces everywhere. These idiots have no place in our society.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

So true. Teachers need more commonsense and just let the kids be kids.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Kryties
I made a 'ninja star' once out of gaff tape and some nails and took it to primary school with me one day. I got caught throwing it at a tree by the headmaster and was given two afternoon detentions. My parents tore strips off me (I believe there may have been a wooden spoon involved) and as a result I never again thought about bringing something like that to school.

Yes, this was in Australia but jeez people, an IMAGINARY bow and arrow? Talk about going WAY too far with the punishments. This generations kids are going to grow up traumatised and not really wanting to become adults if this is the crap they have to face now.

Awesome story. When I was 12 I bought a throwing star from some store. I saved for weeks and raked more leaves than I can remember. Took it to school and got it taken away within ten minutes. I had to wait the whole year to get it back. Do you remember those combs that looked like switchblade knives? A kid would get suspended for sure with one of those!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I raked leaves and whatever else I could do so I could get the throwing stars too!! I also got them confiscated by my teacher and I also had to wait 'til the end of the year to get'em back. lol Ahhh the good ol' days when common sense was still being used. The switch-blade knives and the Butterfly knives were also a favorite. Had some of those taken away too. Another thing is that I bought a can of fart spray and sprayed it in school. The vice principal took it and told me to pick it up at the end of the day and take it home and never bring it again. Simple times. I never brought it again. Detention sucked.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
useless bureaucrats and nothing more, taking up space and useing up our good air..no ability for a critical thought just follow the rules or else..sounds like nk or former east germany, i actually see alot of parallels to east germany.
i,ll give chairman mao one thing, he said first thing you need to do is get rid of the bureaucrats..i think rid was a nice word

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hopefully this school doesn't have Tae Bo classes - we wouldn't want children punching and kicking imaginery people...

Insanity at its finest.

Å99

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have to say, A Kid That Got Suspended From School For Using THEIR Imagination???? REALLY?????? WTF.....is this world coming to.

I'm sorry, but maybe this should go into the rant forum.....HOWEVER, Are we really trying to STIFFEL our kids imaginations??? REALLLY????? WOW.......

If our children didn't have imaginations, how in the hell did we get Einstein, Newton, Pavlov, DAMN the list could go on for eternity.......

IF.......someone tried to tell my child "NOT TO USE THEIR IMAGINATION" .........

THAT would be a serious fight.

Can we no longer be allowed to have our flight of fancy as we are trying not to face the day to day B.S.??? REALLY???...

AND A KID....Damn, We really need to Re-evaluate our way of rearing children these days.....Or the schools anyway..

I, personally, CAN NOT read a book without going into, what I would call; an alternate reality. That requires.......OK, You guessed it....IMAGINATION.....

This just sickens me...sorry...........
Is there any hope left?

ETA: I hope this reply doesn't get lost in the pile.......
edit on 13-12-2013 by thepolish1 because: for what I said

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Kryties
I made a 'ninja star' once out of gaff tape and some nails and took it to primary school with me one day. I got caught throwing it at a tree by the headmaster and was given two afternoon detentions. My parents tore strips off me (I believe there may have been a wooden spoon involved) and as a result I never again thought about bringing something like that to school.

Yes, this was in Australia but jeez people, an IMAGINARY bow and arrow? Talk about going WAY too far with the punishments. This generations kids are going to grow up traumatised and not really wanting to become adults if this is the crap they have to face now.

Awesome story. When I was 12 I bought a throwing star from some store. I saved for weeks and raked more leaves than I can remember. Took it to school and got it taken away within ten minutes. I had to wait the whole year to get it back. Do you remember those combs that looked like switchblade knives? A kid would get suspended for sure with one of those!!

Reminds me of a Southpark episode.....fun with weapons. Best episode ever...Anyone else seen it? You'll know if you have...imaginary fighting...street fighter characters....real ninja weapons....ninja star in Butters' eye.....hilarious!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by taketheredpill

Butters gets a ninja star to the head!!!! I like the world of Warcraft episode better!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

EverydayInVA
Man. When I was one year older in school we shot real Bows and Arrows in PE. I guess there's no chance of that happening anymore.

I wonder whether they are allowed to have baseball bats for baseball? Or do they have to pretend that they have a bat?

Oh, hang on. They're not allowed that either, are they?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
...keeps everyones mind off having to educate for an imaginary future...

Å99

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So.....the pencil was a "weapon"??? Problem solved - no more pencils.....no more books....no more....ok, singing now! The school system is irreparably broken, and needs to be dissolved. What are they learning? Many graduate unable to read, and many more can't locate much of anything on a map. Based on the young people I see working in fast food places, basic math isn't being learned, either, or reading comprehension. So, why are we paying for this???

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

A 10 year old boy was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow. Are you kidding me?! When I was a kid(damn that makes me sound old)my dad made us kids a toy gun that shot rubber bands and we took it to school and played with at recess. Kids can't be kids anymore. Girls look up to whores and boys can't be boys.

The pussification of america is here. Kids are getting trophies just for showing up!!!! No more playing cops and robbers. Our kids don't have a chance. Good grief.
edit on Wed Dec 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate section of title removed.

Well it's a catch 22. On the one hand if you send your kid to public school they're gonna get brainwashed in so many ways. They'll come out basically looking thinking and acting like someone off an apple commercial. Tptb are all good. They can't think for themselves but rather accept any piece of bs they hear. The critical thinking is non existent. It's crazy.

But on the other hand they get to have friends and be in social situations which I think is somewhat important. As we are social creatures. But I think that most parents don't have the time money or energy to try and homeschool kids. So it's just a vicious cycle. The kids get brainwashed that the state is pretty much God and that they're only reason for existing is to get into college to rack up debt there, then get a job and rack up more debt until they're trapped in the rat race for life. And by that time when they have kids now they don't have the knowledge, the time, money energy or awareness to homeschool. So again the next generation gets trapped in the same vicious cycle.

Then if you by chance break out of that vicious cycle well they have plans for you. They either try and throw you in jail, audit you and impose debt on you, or you get black bagged, or especially you must be some kind of criminal because you were able to escape the rat race!

But on the flip side, life is short. If we all knew how any of this worked when we were young we would be too scared to try anything. Like why bother. It's better to be naive and free. Because once you find out the system is a scam it's like why even try anymore. The only hope you have is to move to france.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That is just lame. Whatever happened to '...shall not be infringed?'

Never mind imaginary bows and arrows. This semester, over a period of weeks, I took my class of 9-12 year olds out on the school oval and we all shot bows and arrows as part of physical education. The students shot school owned bows and I used an elderly compound bow because my new one would have punched the arrows right through the targets.

Wake up America! You're letting your Second Amendment rights be extiguished by thought control in your primary schools. I don't mean that children should be allowed to bring weapons to school, but your teachers have a responsibility to educate your children is a way which is consistent with the spirit of, and the values inherent in, the Constitution. Do you think children who have been utterly pacified by selective inculcation will ever stand up to defend the Constitution when the time comes?

If they will not defend the Constitution, they will not defend themselves, because the two are one and the same.

...and I'm not even an American.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Ummm...........In keeping with the premise of the thread.......in order to appease the ONE...you change the thread title because someone.....much like the little girl informer in the OP...CHOSE...to be offended and therefore created massive thread drift.....Funny...that individuals comments weren't moderated...yet the OP's were.

How wonderfully PC of you.......such a progressive mindset...

I know...I know...sometimes it's so much easier to appease the easily offended as they tend to complain the loudest...somehow I think that all of those appeasements rolled together tend to legitimize in the minds of some, policies of zero tolerance and the over modification of behavior/thought/comment.

Alas.......such is ATS...a reflection of our greater society that we have spawned, through inaction. Such a wonderful progression....don't you think?

Wow......I managed to keep fully in the spirit and premise of the thread.

I wonder how long it takes for my observations to be.....MODERATED...much like the little boys imagination.......................................................3...2...1....

YouSir

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

YouSir
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Ummm...........In keeping with the premise of the thread.......in order to appease the ONE...you change the thread title because someone.....much like the little girl informer in the OP...CHOSE...to be offended and therefore created massive thread drift.....Funny...that individuals comments weren't moderated...yet the OP's were.

How wonderfully PC of you.......such a progressive mindset...

I know...I know...sometimes it's so much easier to appease the easily offended as they tend to complain the loudest...somehow I think that all of those appeasements rolled together tend to legitimize in the minds of some, policies of zero tolerance and the over modification of behavior/thought/comment.

Alas.......such is ATS...a reflection of our greater society that we have spawned, through inaction. Such a wonderful progression....don't you think?

Wow......I managed to keep fully in the spirit and premise of the thread.

I wonder how long it takes for my observations to be.....MODERATED...much like the little boys imagination.......................................................3...2...1....

YouSir

I didn't like that my title was changed. It was quite eye catching. Some one got a little butthurt. Back to the thread.....I had an imaginary friend in elementary school. He was one cool dude.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join