It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Owlbear

You are entitled to your opinion. I respect that. Freedom of speech right? In all honesty I do apologize if you were offended. I was just trying to get my point across.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This post 9/11 fear culture that's twisted in the current admin is downright asinine.

OP, I don't blame for the title as such. I don't see the problem. If anything, It's a reflective pun of the absurdity of our current society. If they wanna act asinine over imaginary weapons some people are going to be mad calling a spade a spade.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

ATTENTION~~~~

This is the title

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon

Please discuss it and not each other, and let's keep the language respectful.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Be the Change You Wish To See

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just 15 years ago, it was not uncommon in school, to see pocket knives and the occasional sling shot. Pretty soon, spit wads will be an assault with a biological weapon. Would it be too far, if they labeled all children, terrorist threats.... Well, hopefully all these sickening murders of children, have ended.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

This is obviously to create a complacent nation that will never ever question mindless and irrational rules!
It's obvious to me if this continues we will never rise up against this corrupt shadow government!
I realize none of us wants to be the first to take a stand against this tyranny but if none do, we will forever
be exploited by this plutocracy, encaged and imprisoned by our own fears!

edit on 11-12-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

blindprometheus
Just 15 years ago, it was not uncommon in school, to see pocket knives and the occasional sling shot. Pretty soon, spit wads will be an assault with a biological weapon. Would it be too far, if they labeled all children, terrorist threats.... Well, hopefully all these sickening murders of children, have ended.

Actually.... in the documentary "War on Kids" (made in 2011, now only avail on youtube if you pay for it as I just saw today) there is an incident mentioned with a spitwad such as what you describe. Apparently after the "incident", cops came to the kids' house wanting more information on the "shooting". No joke..That's the sad part, it's NOT a joke.

Thanks for the thread OP, I have a similar one HERE, except mine is about a 6 year old being accused of sexual harassment very recently in Colorado.

It's some kind of sick plague that is sweeping our nation.. The few insane people who are "offended" over the completely ridiculous, need to stop ruling our country because this nation really is becoming psychopathic. We are literally depriving our kids, even the very little ones of any semblance of a childhood.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The only reason any of this happens is allowance by the people. Stop allowing and go there and communicate firmly that this policy is not going to be tolerated ever.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

rickymouse
Am I alone or does anyone else think that many of the teachers and principals are going nuts?

They're not going nuts. They're simply following orders from above. That's why this sort of stuff is happening everywhere.

Given what happened to that 6yo for kissing that girl, I'm surprised they didn't accuse him of a criminal offence by making up their own definition of it.

The article states this:

Following a stern lecture by the boys' teacher, the principal suspended the two for breaking the school district's zero-tolerance policy against weapons.

I hoped they kept the other students safe by confiscating that pencil and the "air rifle".

Seriously, this is about TPTB conditioning kids not to use violence so it isn't used against them in the future. That's why they repeatedly tell them that "violence never solves problems", when the reality is, it's one of the most effective ways of solving problems. That's why every country has a military.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Look, I hate to break it to all the anti-educationers out there, but horseplay, bullying, and making unwanted advances on the opposite sex are not the purpose of tax-funded schools. It may or may not be a part of childhood; I'm not arguing either side of that. But the school is there to educate students about basic knowledge which society has deemed necessary, not guide human development as a whole.

Ultimately, less time worrying about bullying means more time learning. Pedagogical research has shown this time and again. When these kids become teenagers after ten years of the media and parents telling them that their aggression is "all in good fun", it becomes their go-to excuse for disruptive and harmful behavior.

Personally, although I was usually on the receiving end of violent displays in school, I can say I liked kissing girls in elementary. But that was never unwanted, and everyone knew it, even the teachers.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

A 10 year old boy was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow. Are you kidding me?! When I was a kid(damn that makes me sound old)my dad made us kids a toy gun that shot rubber bands and we took it to school and played with at recess. Kids can't be kids anymore. Girls look up to whores and boys can't be boys.

The pussification of america is here. Kids are getting trophies just for showing up!!!! No more playing cops and robbers. Our kids don't have a chance. Good grief.
edit on Wed Dec 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate section of title removed.
They're making zombies, for the zombie apocalypses. Should we the people have our own tolerance limits on stupid? It seems that is what they're playing on, us not having any tolerance.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
m.nydailynews.com...

Story of a kid suspended for chewing his pop tart into the shape of a gun!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Are you really that surprised? Children are being pushed into androgyny, we have what you mentioned about "there's no winners or losers," zero tolerance (a HUGE flaming turd) and of course, political correctness. The traditional family is being viewed more and more as the enemy to our youth, too.
edit on 12-12-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

(post by Kromlech removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

catfishjoe
abcnews.go.com...

A 10 year old boy was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow. Are you kidding me?! When I was a kid(damn that makes me sound old)my dad made us kids a toy gun that shot rubber bands and we took it to school and played with at recess. Kids can't be kids anymore. Girls look up to whores and boys can't be boys.

The pussification of america is here. Kids are getting trophies just for showing up!!!! No more playing cops and robbers. Our kids don't have a chance. Good grief.
edit on Wed Dec 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate section of title removed.

This would be a great time for me if this happen to my child. I would have a meeting with the ones who kicked my child out, including in that meeting I would have a bag (back pack) that is allowed in school with all the school supplies required for school.
The content of the bag would include pencils, ink pens, ruler, paper and books, etc. I would set them out on a table in front of the ones who control the school.

I would take the pencil and ask them what is this used for in school? What ever there answer is, I would take that pencil and stabb it into the book. I would do the same with the pen, and the ruler. I would then show them the damage that I did to the school book with these school supplies.

Then I would take the piece of paper and show them how paper can cut just like a knife.

Then I would sit back and ask the question "any thing the school offers to a student can become a weapon".

I would stand up and say "good luck in fighting off that imaginary weapon" turn around and walk out.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What will eventually happen in this country is that any worker that ever makes a gesture to shoot themselves, as the result of some statement or project assignment, will be referred to a psych or counselor of some type,

We are living in a strange time, apparently, when it comes to the sensitivity level of even simple child play. All a parent should have to do is get a counselor's statement to show that the play a bow and arrow is simple normal child's play.

I am for a DE-sensitivity Training for public officials and schools.
edit on 12 12 2013 by Divine Strake because: added some words, because words are worth reading.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
As long as their is disproportionate money to be made for simple stupid transgressions, this behavior will continue. I believe that the majority of this kind of ridiculous behavior comes from two sources.

1. The court room, with judges awarding parents and kids millions of dollars for things like stubbing their toe, it prompts everyone to blow everything out of proportion because literally MILLIONS of dollars are on the line every time something like this comes up.

2. The complete inability for schools to discipline children in any effective way. In my school district kids are literally given tickets, by a ticket meter, by a police officer, for every little thing they do because there is no way for anyone to discipline the kids due to parent reactions and lawyers.

I see no end to this behavior as now you have parents offended about kids getting tickets and trying to say it's going to make them dangerous drivers due to 'fear' of being ticketed.... it's really pretty sick. This is why you have state governments trying to take over people's home lives, they have simply been left with no other option.

My school district tries to keep things under control, for example, recently there was a fight involving two kids at a high school in a bathroom, a small pocket knife was displayed near the end. The kid with the knife did not use it but it did end the fight, the kid who had the knife pulled on him admitted he was taking the fight to far and even though neither child's parents wished to press charges, and the school chose to not expel the child with the knife, outside interest groups heard about the situation and are now threatening a lawsuit on the school if they do not press "assault with a deadly weapon" charges on the kid.

You simply can not internally handle any kind of situation in the USA anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I went to high school(late 80s) it was not uncommon to see a shotgun in a gun rack of a pick up truck in the school parking lot. Nobody ever felt threatened by this. The country has certainly changed in 25 years.
We are currently raising several generations of sissies. The gender neutral kids of today will bite us in the butt in the long run. But that's ok just don't offend anyone!!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

When I was in high school in 1999 we still had shotguns in truck windows and our JROTC had a shooting range.

So it hasnt even been that long.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join