It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

A 10 year old boy was suspended for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow. Are you kidding me?! When I was a kid(damn that makes me sound old)my dad made us kids a toy gun that shot rubber bands and we took it to school and played with at recess. Kids can't be kids anymore. Girls look up to whores and boys can't be boys.

The pussification of america is here. Kids are getting trophies just for showing up!!!! No more playing cops and robbers. Our kids don't have a chance. Good grief.
edit on Wed Dec 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate section of title removed.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Property taxes fund these schools, literally pay the salaries (and lifelong retirements) of these people.

How much longer before people realize that WE'RE the ones in charge?

edit on 11-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Am I alone or does anyone else think that many of the teachers and principals are going nuts?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

rickymouse
Am I alone or does anyone else think that many of the teachers and principals are going nuts?

Its the zero tolerance thats the problem. No flexibility.

I'm zero tolerant of zero tolerance.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just let the kids be kids. Take off their kneepads and elbow pads. Let them scrape their knees. Let them know only winners get trophies. You came in 5th place and didn't get a trophy??? Guess what???? Practice and try harder!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Pure conditioning! That's all it is.....

Be obedient slaves, and you'll do just fine. Rebel over the takeover of this country, and you will be added to those already in prison for non violent (and questionable "crimes").

Take a gander at our incarnation rates in this so called "Free Country"!

Wasn't there a thread the other day about a 6 year old boy charged with sexual harassment, for kissing a girl on the cheek?

The gap between how China treats it's people and how the United States treats it's own, is rapidly narrowing!

But hey, things will get better! Right?..........right?.........hello?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I made a 'ninja star' once out of gaff tape and some nails and took it to primary school with me one day. I got caught throwing it at a tree by the headmaster and was given two afternoon detentions. My parents tore strips off me (I believe there may have been a wooden spoon involved) and as a result I never again thought about bringing something like that to school.

Yes, this was in Australia but jeez people, an IMAGINARY bow and arrow? Talk about going WAY too far with the punishments. This generations kids are going to grow up traumatised and not really wanting to become adults if this is the crap they have to face now.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

rickymouse

They are already nuts.
They babysit kids that are ignored by their overworked parent(s) that have emotional problems, behavioral problems, and given the task of trying to get them to pass standardized tests in order to keep funding.

My ex works for one of the teachers' unions, my gf works as a para-professional working with a kid that is a future sociopath in training. There are about 25-30 people doing the same job as her. The only thing they do, make sure the student doesn't hurt themself or others, and try to get them to stay on task. The kid has already made threats and even choked another kid (not while in my gfs watch, they only let her work 28 hours a week or else they would have to offer benefits).
MOST teachers and principals try and are crazy for putting up with the crap they do...it is the PARENTS of the bad seeds that need to be held to task and not allowed to sue the district when they feel their children's needs aren't met.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I know I can be terrible, but the first thing to come to my mind on this was how much fun it could be if it were my kid on THIS kind of thing. My luck was he actually took a knife to school awhile back. (2 inches..and they class was gardening for a project..he even had a reason..but the book said ..so..blah blah) Anyway, I had to be the good, quiet and obedient parent that time, since he deserved what he got.

On this though? Oh... I would enjoy, while still standing in the office, letting him know I cleaned his rifle and I figured we'd go out with all the gunS..with a nice emphasis on the plural aspect..and do some target shooting. Why, that very afternoon, since he'd be suspended with nothing better to do.

I really love yanking chains on crap like this because their paranoia and fear factor truly is at sickness levels and it's fun. They need their reality yanked occasionally, as they honestly seem to believe the majority of America supports their silly little paranoid fantasies with the action it spawns against the kids.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have a huge problem with the whole everyone gets a trophy/everyone wins/everyone must get all bent out of shape over every little thing/molehill into mountain making/every possible thing is offensive trend.

This reminds me of the toy sock monkey that had it's two inch pistol confiscated, and the hello kitty bubble gun suspension for just mentioning that she had one at home, and the boy suspended for eating his pizza into a shape of a gun, and the little boy that got suspended for giving his 'girlfriend' a peck on the cheek.

These stories all have something in common.. getting their panties all twisted over idiotic things, and making mountains out of molehills.

People need to lighten up, stop letting every little thing offend them, and stop making huge deals out of things that are really non-issues.

Stories like these make me want to seriously look into homeschooling my boys.
edit on 12/11/2013 by daryllyn because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It is impossible to raise children with zero tolerance.

Raising Kids is all about being tolerant.

They need to make some examples of these bad Administrators.

link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not going and not nuts.

They are Progressives. Plain and simple.

It has to do with controlling the masses.

link   
Jesus!
I quit. On everything..

None of this matters, we're all gonna die soon anyway.

*Searches ATS for latest imminent DOOM thread, hopes it comes true...*

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

gladtobehere

Property taxes fund these schools, literally pay the salaries (and lifelong retirements) of these people.

How much longer before people realize that WE'RE the ones in charge?

edit on 11-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

You're in charge of voting for your school board reps. They handle how your money is spent. Most people ignore politics at the local level. But they are the best way to get involved and enact genuine change that you can see. Attend the meetings, get on the agenda to speak your mind...you are allowed.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There are 4 "pillars" that make us what we are:

Race
Religion
Nation
Family

TPTB and their controlled Media and Education are intentionally destroying Whites, Christians,
America, and the family. This leaves only the State as provider and law giver. Weapons in the hands of citizens is their biggest worry at this point--and the biggest worry of their puppets.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

snowen20

I'd settle for a good Bernard Schnitzel thread
Where's the master troll when you need a good laugh?

link   
I just view it this way...could you act or talk that way in court? Then, don't do it in public or that is where you may end up.

link   

Johnny responded by taking his pencil and mimicking a bow and arrow at his friend, and that's when a girl in his class noticed the play and reported it to their teacher, Whitehead said.

UGH. Makes me think of kids turning in their parents to the Thought Police.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

They (TPTB) have crushed the pillars of humanity and in their place established an aggregate of complete STUPIDITY, and mental illness. The likes of which not even God has seen.

Sadly, I have to be witness to this in my life. Why my life man, why my life?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Kryties

snowen20

I'd settle for a good Bernard Schnitzel thread
Where's the master troll when you need a good laugh?

LOL

Stop, I'm trying to be pissed and you are making me laugh!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join