It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I would agree.

Any feasible ideas not based in knee-jerk reactions (not saying that is what you would offer, but its quite common)?

Im not sure the general public will do anything more than either complain on the internet, or take actions that will only exacerbate the situation.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Any feasible ideas not based in knee-jerk reactions (not saying that is what you would offer, but its quite common)?

Nope, I think we're boned. It is likely a knee-jerk reaction, but I'm debating becoming an ex-pat and just leaving.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I am getting to the same place honestly.

I think the US is in a tough place, and the only thing that will "fix" it is a new and consciously driven cultural story.

I have put hundreds of hours into this topic (and its variants), but it requires participation. Very, very, very few actually want to participate, other than complain, so there ya go. Were boned.

My biggest concern with that is that there may not be too many places to run, due to massive globalization that continues.

Time will tell, I suppose.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Good thing I'm not ten anymore. They'd hate me! I had a full blown imaginary arsenal at that age. Nuclear arms, bazooka's, a plethora of machine guns, smg's, knives and swords, BATTLE SHIPS, you name it I had it.

Not once did I get in trouble with my teachers or the school for these imaginary weapons of mass destruction. In fact, one teacher thought it was funny and joined in on the "gun fingers" during a session of clowning around in the hallways.

Oh America, what happened...?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Kryties
I made a 'ninja star' once out of gaff tape and some nails and took it to primary school with me one day. I got caught throwing it at a tree by the headmaster and was given two afternoon detentions. My parents tore strips off me (I believe there may have been a wooden spoon involved) and as a result I never again thought about bringing something like that to school.

Ninja stars, pellet guns, firecrackers, model rocket engines… Heck, a quarter of my grade 3 class would be in Guantanamo these days…
edit on 11-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Auricom

Good thing I'm not ten anymore. They'd hate me! I had a full blown imaginary arsenal at that age. Nuclear arms, bazooka's, a plethora of machine guns, smg's, knives and swords, BATTLE SHIPS, you name it I had it.

Not once did I get in trouble with my teachers or the school for these imaginary weapons of mass destruction. In fact, one teacher thought it was funny and joined in on the "gun fingers" during a session of clowning around in the hallways.

Oh America, what happened...?

Was there one single event or a series of events that changed everything?? I've got two:

1). The lady that sued McDonalds due to her coffee being to hot

2). Columbine.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I used to do the same thing, lol. Although my mom hated it because we used to take most of her clothes pins, lol. I can also remember running around the woods with my friends shooting BB guns at each other (I got shot in the arse more than once, lol). But no more than five pumps of the BB gun because anymore than that would hurt too much, lol. Oh yeah and no protective gear either

edit on 11-12-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The lady that sued McDonalds due to her coffee being to hot

You should watch the documentary "Hot Coffee". Her injuries were actually really horrific. These were no small or minor burns. I always felt it was ridiculous until I saw what happened on her side of the story, versus the mockery the media made out of it.

I can see schools being more careful and strict with so many school shootings, but suspending over anything imaginary or without a legitimate threat, is turning precaution into idiocy.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

daryllyn

The lady that sued McDonalds due to her coffee being to hot

Thanks!! I will see if its on netflix tonight.

You should watch the documentary "Hot Coffee". Her injuries were actually really horrific. These were no small or minor burns. I always felt it was ridiculous until I saw what happened on her side of the story, versus the mockery the media made out of it.

I can see schools being more careful and strict with so many school shootings, but suspending over anything imaginary or without a legitimate threat, is turning precaution into idiocy.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just who are those people who say that the USA will not be invaded by any army? really? give it another 25 years, and we will see!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thanks!! I will see if its on netflix tonight.

It is, indeed: Hot Coffee on Netflix.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

catfishjoe

KawRider9

Hell, I shoot my imaginary bow and arrow whenever I see a Deer or Rabbit run by and I'm 37.(when I'm not really hunting, of course). I even make the *thoooop sound.

Glad I'm not the only one....tho i make pump shotgun sounds.

G,day mate. It is good to see that i am not alone, nor am i troppo. i also approach the electronic doors at the supermarket and with thumb up and first finger extended (child with make believe handgun) i say bang. the doors open, then i blow the end of my finger and walk inside with a smile on my dial. its all in the timing. LOL
furthermore just to gauge peoples reactions i also wear a cammed winchester or a remington cap when i have to catch a train. people won't sit next to me. I LOVE THAT.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

KawRider9

My fake shotgun comes out for Geese,Ducks and Doves.

*Mmmmmm, bacon wrapped Dove breasts on the grill.

G,day mate. righto i'll bring the beer

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And a star for you. A great documentary about a wildly misinformed (and lied about) occurrence.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe what we need is a zero tolerance policy for idiots in charge - teachers, administrators - and let's through politicians in there too.

ETA: I guess zero tolerance means a vacuum of common sense thinking. Absolute zero.

edit on 12/11/2013 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

God damn right they suspended this kid! How many lives do we have to lose before children stop firing imaginary guns, rocket launchers, bows, and nuclear missiles at each other!?

HOW MANY?!!?!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Its all about commonsense. Some people can't think of what to do on their own. In really doubt that little jimmy was going to bring a bow and arrow to school and kill little johnny.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Swills

God damn right they suspended this kid! How many lives do we have to lose before children stop firing imaginary guns, rocket launchers, bows, and nuclear missiles at each other!?

HOW MANY?!!?!

I never realized how many kids have died due to these heinous attacks. Star for you for using the term "god damn". That's my favorite curse word!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
When I was at school we literally used to make our own projectile weapons. Like the old rubber band taped onto a hollowed out pen, which we would use to shoot ink cartridges at each other. Or the even more dangerous thumb tack blow dart weapon. Just hollow out one of those classic clip-together markers and a small thumb tack should fit in the tube snugly (you might have to shave it down a bit). Then just blow hard and it will shoot out at a very high speed and stick into what ever it hits.

Now get going kids, these weapons wont make themselves!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I hate to sound like a "pussy" in a thread titled "Pussification of America..." but there was a day and time on ATS when that would have had a snip at least and a "shame on you"...I guess the moderators allow us to refer to people and groups as "pussy" now?
Saving these screens as reference...wink, wink to the one who follows me around.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join