It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country singer killed in public over smoking a cigarette.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

i smoke. And make no apologies to anyone for it.

But i absolutely would not smoke in a restaurant. Maybe when I was an obnoxious 19 year old....but that is decidedly rude behavior.

RE: the OP....the dude should follow the polite rules of the establishment. Not that anyone should have shot him over it...but I don't think I am going to lose too much sleep. Chalk this one under the "he had it coming" category and move on.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Obviously shooting someone for this is absurd and horrendous.

Still smoking is harmful. Don't smoke in non-smoking areas. Try and respect other peoples wishes to be smoke-free.

As for blowing smoke in someones face. Well count me in as one of the internet 'tough guys', because I assure you if someone did that to me I would get very confrontational.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
Obviously shooting someone for this is absurd and horrendous.

Still smoking is harmful. Don't smoke in non-smoking areas. Try and respect other peoples wishes to be smoke-free.

As for blowing smoke in someones face. Well count me in as one of the internet 'tough guys', because I assure you if someone did that to me I would get very confrontational.

Confrontational...thats just a reserved way of saying that you'd shoot him, too.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Excuse me?

What did my first sentence read? You disregarded that and assumed I meant I would murder??…

By very confrontational I mean most likely getting physical. Depending on the context. Either way I would be pissed and I'd let it be known. Seems members here are surprised people would be so vehemently against someone blowing smoke in their face. Well their surprise, surprises me!

If you spit on my face I would probably have the same reaction. That's considered battery isn't it? I wouldn't view smoke to be different in that regard.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Excuse me?

What did my first sentence read? You disregarded that and assumed I meant I would murder??…

By very confrontational I mean most likely a slug to the face. Depending on the context. Either way I would be pissed and I'd let it be known. Seems members here are surprised people would be so vehemently against someone blowing smoke in their face. Well their surprise, surprises me! Either way, some of you now know doing crap like that isn't 'funny' to many people.

If you spit on my face I would probably have the same reaction. That's considered battery isn't it? I wouldn't view smoke to be different in that regard.

I don't think you understood me.

So you'd hit him. Slug him in the nose. Whatever. There are people who would act in shock and horror at the thought of doing that. And I am not totally sure that there is anything all that different between slugging someone over that, or shooting them over it. It would be easier to just leave the area with your dignity and your nose intact. But perhaps we should never miss a chance for a pissing match....

No, I am not proposing that we go back to the days of shooting a friend because he snored too loud. But this was two redneck a-holes acting like 2 redneck a-holes in a bar. I don't see why we are all that worried about it. Same as 2 thugs gunning each other down in the streets, or 2 mobsters being shot. It is just them acting like they do.

I know folks (who i don't hang around with) that would shoot you for similar things. Its just a certain kind of person who don't know how to act.
edit on 11-12-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

www.bbc.co.uk...

that is what 'chemicals' they use on tabacco, a majority are found in foods you already eat LOL!

aft.org...

is what your car exhausts pump out..
articles.mercola.com...
www.cancer.org...
oehha.ca.gov...
www.osha.gov...

Since I don't drive don't I get a say weither or not I have to breath in your Diesel Exhaust?
Should I be an ass and knock on someone's window and tell them to turn off their car i don't want to breath that crap? Then if they don't shoot them? No, simple as that.

since you probably won't look at the first link i'll post a small section that i was reading throu as i wrote this..

300. ISOBORNYL ACETATE; FEMA GRAS
found in Kiwi fruit; used in soft candy.
301. ISOBUTYL ACETATE; FEMA GRAS
found in apples, bananas, cantaloupe, cocoa, figs, honeydew melon, beer, grape, guava, mango, melon; used in chewing gum, gelatin and puddings.
302. ISOBUTYL ALCOHOL; FEMA GRAS
found in beef, blackberry, apple, apricot, banana, barley, brandy; used in gelatin and puddings, candy, baked goods.

Instead of saying oh all the 'chemicals' they put into cigarettes are bad. 599 chemicals and i've yet to find anything that well i've not consumed on in this lifetime yet XD, I was actually curious about a list of stuff since all the 'oh smoking is bad for you'(it is, just not because of the addititves) came out after this list was released to the public.. "omg 599 additives and i didn't even read them, shame I should kill you without knowing that your safer then sitting next to a camp fire, that could possibly be burning a poison oak log, or chemically dipped log (long lasting comes from something outside the wood its called a presoak in chemicals)"

That list has nothing wrong with what is in it. In fact most of them example sage is used to help with asma, cinnamon etc. Now I have a question for you..

Why Exaggerate? Why treat Smokers like criminals we all aren't up in your grill blowing smoke on you and your kid. Only jerks do that

But yeah I can see why tabacco is easily taking the bite for the oil whores, considering their 'additives' won't kill you, but the truth is its bad enough as it is which is breathing in smoke of any kind is bad for you. We don't need to sit there and 'exaggerate' like just by walking by someone your going to die. There are more sources in this world that cause death then just smoking its called being born, pollution, crappy food, bad diet, not exercising enough, etc..
edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: update

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

Jeez man, for smoking in a bar of all places.
That's terrible.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

BlackArrow
that is what 'chemicals' they use on tabacco, a majority are found in foods you already eat LOL!

There's a large difference between chemicals made in lab and chemical structures found naturally in fruits.

Most chemicals on this list I already evaded in foods...

Anyway, why are they adding SO MANY ADDITIVES in tobacco?
I doubt that it's too keep us healthy.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

additives are fillers, example make rice, tofu, adding flour and egg to beef extends it a little. Some of the 'additives' also occur naturally if you noticed there was example strawberries different chemicals came up automatically, but since some reason you think your food is 100% natural..(even garden grown organic can not be proven to be untampered with since almost every seed in exsistance has been replaced with modified versions except for those at the seed bank reserve) i'd think again, all of these extra additives are remains of byproducts of lab created foods anyway, that you and I are already consuming. Example that Salmon Eel they modified and released into the wild to breed with salmon!

You would be foolish to think smokers are the only people who take in these additives. They gotta go somewhere. To be honest, 'burning them' destroys most of their complex anyway, as moisture evaporates from fire, materials turn to ash etc. The thing that kills people with cigarettes has never been the additives it has been the fact we fill our lungs for 5-10minutes 5-15times a day with smoke, and reducing oxygen flow to the lungs.
edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

Its all about the money, if you can sell more of a product at slightly less quality, and make 2x more money doing it, why wouldn't you? As a Business and definately not the richest business out there.

Tabacco Company is worth just over 800million, they have a long ways to go if they want to compete with the oil company.

Oil is 20billion - "since tabacco's revenue doesn't equal what we can bring in lets put our products cancer/illness rates on them"
edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: fixed error

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

From what I understand the chemical additives added to cigarettes fall into two categories. The ones that help it burn unnaturally long, and the ones that help deliver the nicotine more efficiently. Nicotine itself isn't carcinogenic, but it's highly addictive. Obviously they want people addicted, so additional chemicals are added simply to increase the absorption of the nicotine.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Did you know Eggplant has 2nd highest Nicotine content? Followed by tomatos XD,

Nicotine absorbs through the skin, it doesn't need to be inhaled to be delivered. You keep forgetting that, I think you should spend a little bit of time researching the actual nightshade family, it really is quite interesting to be honest... I think you will be astonished what you find doctors and health practitioners turning away from, but then again I know what i'm taking in the question then becomes do you?

That nice delicious Tomato sandwhich is way more then you bargined for, wanna talk about steroids that have paralyzing properties lets look at the potato, one of the most common foods found throughout the world, are considered to be poisonous to your nerve system, and if your sensitive to it can cause your body to instantly become unresponsive.

I figure if i'm stuck breathing in everyone's elses cancer causing, brain disabling exhaust, least I should get to have some say in what i want to enter my body. Knowledge is power, but truth is half the food we have today even the rats won't touch it. Bee's won't pollinate it, etc.

For those actually reading the chemical list Fema Gras is the link below en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I don't think smoking is that bad. Problem is most all cigaretts are LOADED in chemicals that will kill you. It's nt the tabacco. That's a ntural plant. It's all those chemicals they add to it. But a nice cigar gives you a big of a tabacco fix without all the chemicals.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackArrow

Nicotine absorbs through the skin, it doesn't need to be inhaled to be delivered. You keep forgetting that, I think you should spend a little bit of time researching the actual nightshade family, it really is quite interesting to be honest…

Well I am an avid gardener. I grow many from the nightshade family, including the 'poisonous' and 'recreational' ones. So I'm pretty interested in that stuff!

Chemicals are added to help make the delivery more efficient. Increase the absorption. Not that it can't be absorbed without it, just that they want to increase that. I mean they do have top scientists working for their firms specifically for this purpose (as is public record).

Here is an interesting article.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

We investigated tobacco industry documents and other sources for evidence of possible pharmacological and chemical effects of tobacco additives.

Our findings indicated that more than 100 of 599 documented cigarette additives have pharmacological actions that camouflage the odor of environmental tobacco smoke emitted from cigarettes, enhance or maintain nicotine delivery, could increase the addictiveness of cigarettes, and mask symptoms and illnesses associated with smoking behaviors.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

spartacus699
I don't think smoking is that bad. Problem is most all cigaretts are LOADED in chemicals that will kill you. It's nt the tabacco. That's a ntural plant. It's all those chemicals they add to it. But a nice cigar gives you a big of a tabacco fix without all the chemicals.

Yup, even with chemicals, you can be in a room filled with smoke for months and not be killed, but all it takes is a few hours of car exhaust and you'll be dead. My stepdad's friend died because somehow exhaust wound up seeping into the car through the vents, he passed out in his own car garage. Was dead by morning, if cigarettes or tabacco were that bad chain smokers would be dead within a week.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Natural doesn't mean it's perfectly safe. Even marijuana isn't. For the same reason. Tar. Tar is found in both those plants and it's carcinogenic. Much less tar in pot, so there is that. Still it's not good for you. Natural cigarettes are better since they don't have all the extra additives, but not perfectly healthy..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
All these anti second hand smokers let me ask you...

Would you prefer to be locked in an enclosed room with one running car or a hundred smokers?

Lets face it the air we breath is full of pollution (If you live in a city).
Kids starve to death everyday, Injustice in out Governments and you lot decide to waste your energy on picking on smokers.....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

No one has died from just smoking that, no case of brown lung, no case of lung cancer has been reported.
Studies show that peoples cancer rates fall slightly (only about 1%) If they do smoke that, mixing it with tobacco of course does harm you.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not sure if I am being included in the anti-second hand smokers you meant.

I am a smoker. I thoroughly enjoy smoking.

I'm just not deluding myself into thinking it's healthy. For me or anyone else.

I wasn't making a case against pot. Or saying pot ultimately causes cancer or any other ailment. I'm simply saying it contains tar which is a known carcinogen. In the case of pot, other natural chemicals in it that are carcinopreventive agents could very well be the reason for those stats.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Ah Ok, I know it isn't healthy but It sure is healthy for me after being assaulted at work

We have a downtime after it and the best way I calm down is having a smoke

I did try that Tobacco that is natural with nothing added to it and I enjoyed it but it went very dry after a couple of days and then very harsh..anyone know how to make it a bit moist?.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
wow... the world is just full with bad asses like winofiend there... lol... but can they walk the walk? You know... even a dog must quit barking if it wants to bite lol...

Nah I'm all huff and puff.

You can guarantee that if you saw me in real life I'd run the other way!

I never ever told anyone off for smoking near me... honest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join