It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country singer killed in public over smoking a cigarette.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is my first thread so if im posting it in the wrong area, sorry please move it, or if I do anything wrong please be lenient on me. Here goes...

A country singer named Wayne Mills was shot and killed in a Nashville bar because he refused to put out a cigarette in a non-smoking section of a local bar and grill.
Story is here --> Story on huffington post

What I really wanna talk about are two things.
1: Whats with the extreme stance on smoking? Some of these people are absolutely ridiculous. My dad used to smoke around my stepmom constantly and she never said anything about it, now that they aren't together anymore, she has turned into one of those people. If someones smoking a cigarette anywhere near her she acts all annoyed, and if shes in a room where theres people smoking she acts like shes sick for days. Like Rob Rheinner on south park. It truly is childish IMO the way some people act about smoking. I understand its bad for you... But do you gotta act like a 5 year old over it? You walk around a parking lot full of cars spitting out tons of fumes and no one bats an eye, one guy lights a cigarette and some people are ready to throw on a gas mask.

2: This is the real part I wanted to get to. I saw this story on... Nancy Grace. She says this guy is an "Outlaw" country singer. Then she goes on to talk about him as if he's some big teddy bear that would never hurt a fly. Nancy Grace puts out the most biased crap on TV. First off, im assuming here, that outlaw country is like the "gangsta rap" of country, am I right? I know ive heard country songs (unfortunately, I don't like country and would rather not hear it) that talk about murder and doing hard drugs so Im assuming they were of the "outlaw" genre. If this was some gangsta rapper she'd be saying all kinds of stuff about how he was dangerous and probably was somehow threatening this guy so he defended himself. I do watch her show on rare occasion, and every time she, at some point, really makes me wish I could slap her.

Didn't really wanna go there cuz theres enough of this crap out there, but.. Sounds a little racist to me.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

Wow, I know smoking can kill you, but I don't think they meant this way.
Anxious to find out more to the story...
How is getting into an argument over smoking "Self Defense"?
Isn't that where you get a bouncer and throw their azz out??

Yep, gotta be more to it
If not, this bar owner just ruined his life over nothing

-------------

ETA: BTW, my husband quit smoking years ago after a heart attack --he quit on his own, no doctor told him to & just stopped cold turkey -- any how, to this day, he does not like cigarette smoke at all. He'll wave his hand if some one blows it in his face, which most of us would do any way. I actually find it kinda funny, ironic funny, that it irritates former smokers

edit on 10-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by Bundy

but when i smoke a joint i'm now a criminal.
edit on 10-12-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

Uh I don't get this...not sure where you are from so maybe you are an exception of it being legal but in most states it is illegal to smoke a joint and if indeed caught you are hereby a criminal of the system.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Christopher Ferrell told police he fatally shot Mills in self-defense in the pre-dawn hours of Nov. 23 after the two got into an argument over the musician smoking a cigarette in a no-smoking area of Ferrell's Pit and Barrel.

Seriously, having an argument over this enough kill?

Was Ferrell soooo arrogant in his request to Mills that it had to go this far,
or was Mills refusing to a polite request?

What ever happened, Mills was breaking the law first hand...

Even as a non-smoker, I understand smokers enough to give them the "air" they need...
however Mills smoking in a NON-SMOKING section was a justified criminal offense.
edit on 10-12-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

What a couinky-dink!

www.wiscnews.com...

This from a little 'ol farm town in Wisconsin. I'm no longer there, but it turns out that I knew both.

Authorities say a Reedsburg man stabbed a bar owner in the neck early Monday morning after he refused to share a cigarette.

Stupid crazy I tell ya.

And the stupid seems to be ramping up.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There is more to it than the media is letting on. There is plenty of people smoking around this place as well as other bars and restaurants in downtown Nashville, I live here. This was not because he was just smoking a cigarette.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think it's funny how many people would lose their mind if you shoot a guy in self defense but most of those same people seem to think killing a smoker is ok.

How brainwashed is this country?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

I really like your post, as a smoker i've delt with several of the same types of bull crap. The truth is 1 person smoking a cigarette doesn't poison every tree within a 15foot march of them. However cars do, its hypocracy at its worst.

Do you want to know the truth? The real truth? Despite the fact that yes cigarettes are bad for you because of chemicals that are added (not natural tabacco), there's 1 bit of information they withheld from the public along time ago. It involves parasites, ash from cigarettes, smoke inhaling, etc kills them. They can't survive in your body if you are a smoker.

Think about all of the foods that got became a target for gmo's. Every one of these nightshade plants have parasite killing properties! Someone did a brilliant post awhile back about the game Plants Vs Zombies, and I concluded research on my own and found everything that person said to be correct in that reguards. I have successfully used most of those plants to cure infections like worms from my pet so, Ty for that post.

The most famous food members of the nightshade family include potatoes (Solanum tuberosum), tomatoes (Lycopersicon esculentum), many species of sweet and hot peppers (all species of Capsicum, including Capsicum annum), and eggplant (Solanum melongena). Less well know, but equally genuine nightshade foods include ground cherries (all species of Physalis), tomatillos (Physallis ixocapra), garden huckleberry (Solanum melanocerasum), tamarillos (Cyphomandra betacea), pepinos (Solanum muricatum), and naranjillas (Solanum quitoense). Pimentos (also called pimientos) belong to the nightshade family, and usually come from the pepper plant Capsicum annum. Pimento cheese and pimento-stuffed olives are therefore examples of foods that should be classified as containing nightshade components. Although the sweet potato, whose scientific name is Ipomoea batatas, belongs to the same plant order as the nightshades (Polemoniales), it does not belong to the Solanaceae family found in this order, but to a different plant family called Convolvulaceae.

If you don't believe me on the fact that smoke kills parasites go look it up. This has been a known cure dating back thousands of years for bug infections in the skin/body/hair. (Other countries use tabacco ash to remove eggsacks from the skin by applying the ash directly onto the the injected spot, which eventually forces the bugs to die instead of living under the skin. Then they remove the bug eggs from the body with tweezers, and such like tools.)

While yes, the chemicals they put into a cigarette is can be more harmful then it is good, there is 1 other thing I should mention about these parasites. These parasites can attach to the brain of its host and essentially suck blood from the brain and cause damage. That is why you will next to never see a smoker die from brain illnesses or illnesses brought on by smoking - cancer is a sudden/massive growth of cells often caused by a bacteria in the body. (example WORMS; do your own research there are thousands of parasites that live in humans that die from using tabacco)

en.wikipedia.org...

Tabacco comes from the Nightshade Family, same as Potato's and Tomatos! YES WE EAT THOSE!

www.whfoods.com...

It is also one of the main ingredients used to make cocain. Remove Tabacco and you can remove cocain, spread illnesses throu bugs that enter your skin on touch including walking barefoot anywhere even in your own home.

Another thing is the constant targetted advertising of how smoking is bad for you, that RICH little old lady who made her video and supposibly died 2 years later from cancer (more then likely due to breathing in car fumes, breathing in hair sprays, perfumes, using heavy paragen products, in closed places, or just takes that nice long vacation cruise she was looking for, either way its purely an act, I am not saying cancer is an act, but if you never experienced i suggest you go watch some youtube videos on REAL cancer patients, if only to pay tribute) but it still gets pinned on cigarettes.

One of the main things that people tend to forget is that most of the poison from any cigarette is absorbed into the body immediately the only dangerous part to anyone else is if they are standing around the 'source' of a lit cigarette aka the cherry is still red and your like 2inches from it, that cherry tip thats on fire is burning any chemicals that are mixed in with the tabacco, so chances are it becomes nothing but air by the time it reaches your lungs. Given the size and the fact they are designed for 'slow burning' its not combustable.

It is also more likely to stick to your clothes should there be particles, and hair if your standing on top of one in use because its a 'clingy' substance even in smoke form. Thus you can tell someone was at a place with smoke 3-4hours after they leave it even if they didn't smoke it. Breathing that in is completey safe! Might not like the smell, but your not getting second hand *SMOKE* cause their clothes are not on fire!

So thus 2nd hand smoking is nonsense, while 'yes' you can smell like a cig even if you didn't smoke it (thus was used to clean entire rooms - bugs don't like the smell, this goes with sage too), walking along your street with cars blowing their exhaust on you is more deadly and dangerous and that is completely 2nd hand. Because see the tree's absorb the exhaust and convert it into a different chemical ratio then what is 'considered' safe.

But its easier to target the smoking company because well they aren't means of transportation, they don't have a claim on 'oil' which is a dying resource and is worth more then tabacco.

People have smoked tabacco for thousands of years before it became manufactured and tampered with, same with marjuana.

Thats my insight on this topic, and people do need to grow up. Because thats just 1 more thing that they 'brainwash' people into thinking is gonna get them killed.

oehha.ca.gov...
www.earthclinic.com... (safe for pets..? Hell even our chocolate we eat isn't safe for pets)

Sorry I included the pet one to prove a point more so then anything else.
edit on 10-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

But if the guy was wrong doing it where he was then he was wrong. But most of the time people are just looking for an excuse to over react on cigarettes. The guy who shot him should face the death penality for being an idiot. But I bet you he's gonna walk free on this case simply cause of popular brainwashed belief's.

Favorite quote i've personally received.. "If people knew every time you smoked one of those things you let the devil in, maybe they wouldn't do it anymore"

Gotta blame someone for the pollution, lets blame the smokers!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

A justifiable Criminal Offence.. Yeah just give him two and call it a day.

Don't worry.

I hope he wasn't watching your cowardly ways.

Hes making a list

and hes checking it twice.

Are you naughty or nice?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I always said those things would kill him one day.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

StratosFear
There is more to it than the media is letting on. There is plenty of people smoking around this place as well as other bars and restaurants in downtown Nashville, I live here. This was not because he was just smoking a cigarette.

i agree. sounds more like the bar owner told him to put it out and Billy Badass, "Outlaw" Country Musician, decided to instead stand up and get into the (armed) bar owner's face and maybe grabbed him or otherwise physically threatened him. got shot. happens.

ETA forgot to commend OP on a very well-done first thread.

edit on 10-12-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

snarky412

ETA: BTW, my husband quit smoking years ago after a heart attack --he quit on his own, no doctor told him to & just stopped cold turkey -- any how, to this day, he does not like cigarette smoke at all. He'll wave his hand if some one blows it in his face, which most of us would do any way. I actually find it kinda funny, ironic funny, that it irritates former smokers

I think the fear of death made him stop? Sort of what the doctors try to do. You know, tell people how it will kill them, etc. so having a heart attack, implies that. no need to have a doctor go "I see you had a heart attack. Hmm, not sure but smoking.... "

If someone blows smoke in my face, I don't wave my hands.. I'll snot the bastard. What a wanker, who does that? Not to me they don't, or they only do it once.

It's not funny. I find it absolutely rude and infuriating. And I've made people walk away from eating non-smoking areas before when they feel they can just stroll up and light a ciggy while I'm eating.

You want to smoke, you go where you are away from me eating.

not hard once they are trained, you understand...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Totally agree. I'm addicted to nicotine and without it...I'm a dick.

You start flaunting it in my face after I politely ask you to stop and we would come to blows.

Former smokers are the worst offenders when it comes to this type of stuff. Maybe because we know...and have overcome? I just don't know, but I cannot stand the smell of tobacco anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think the fear of death made him stop? Sort of what the doctors try to do. You know, tell people how it will kill them, etc. so having a heart attack, implies that. no need to have a doctor go "I see you had a heart attack. Hmm, not sure but smoking.... "

Well, years before that, when he was diagnosed with high blood pressure, his then physician [retired] never asked one iota about him smoking, and we thought that was odd for a doctor not to mention it.

Needless to say, over time he slowly weened himself from 3 packs to a little over 1 pack. At the time of his heart attack, we had just bought him a new carton of cigs and he opened one pack.
I think you are correct in the sense that it scared him.
It scared me
But a lot of it has to do with determination and pride.

Eventually, we gave all the packs of cigs away, except 1 that I kept at all times just in case.
I never nagged or got on him about smoking, that is the worst thing to do.
The person has to make up their mind to do it and that is just what he did.
I was [am] proud of him for being able to quit after many years of smoking

He'a a man that when he sets his mind to something, he'll accomplish his goal give hell or high water.
No excuse is good enough for him to back down.
Positive goals, mind you....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Almost no words or politically correct words for how ridiculous this kinda stuff has become. I've heard of people talking that if someones cigarette smoke drifted near their child while in public that they would kick the living stuff out of that person. I don't even smoke, but really am I gonna hurt someone if they happen to be smoking when I walk by etc., or a similar situation? No. Clam the hell down people,this harming and even threatening people over trivial crap when you can leave the area is not a joke. Or call the police in they don't mind your establishment with smoking rules after you asked them to leave, don't kill them.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
wow... the world is just full with bad asses like winofiend there... lol... but can they walk the walk? You know... even a dog must quit barking if it wants to bite lol...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The whole world is a crock of cayuse crap now we have all those arseholes that think there aren't enough bicycle paths.....im sick of the I am better than you attitude of non smoking idiots....Perhaps A GOOD THING I AM UNARMED.....or god would be sorting em out......

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
drunk guy gets himself shot?

Whats new in the world?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

BlackArrow
So thus 2nd hand smoking is nonsense, while 'yes' you can smell like a cig even if you didn't smoke it (thus was used to clean entire rooms - bugs don't like the smell, this goes with sage too), walking along your

Cool..where does it say you get to decide what goes into my body and I get to decide what goes in yours?
You know what, it doesn't say that anywhere.

I have no problem with smokers having a designated area that doesn't impact non-smokers. If you want to talk about how it's healthy, not bad for you , whatever..wonderful..chain smoke 30 packs a day but do it in the smoking section.

Appropriately enough I watched the following scenario play out today on the way home from work.

Some guy rushes onto the subway and lights a cigarette while on the train..A guy asks him to put it out so the smoker says something to the effect of mind your own business ( i couldn't hear everything as I was a few rows away). Everyone around this fool moves away because he continues to smoke. The next stop which was only about 30 seconds away people stood in the exit so the door wouldn't shut which nearly escalated the drama. If not for the fact that their were 2 cops waiting for that subway Im sure it probably would have continued to be annoying. They removed him from the train and I didn't get to see what happened but I hope he was given a ticket/citation/something. Just an annoying and selfish act but selfish people do selfish things so it shouldn't have surprised anyone.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join