It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country singer killed in public over smoking a cigarette.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by winofiend

i smoke. And make no apologies to anyone for it.

Why should you. I fart. Believe me, I think I get the better deal when it comes to sharing offensive stenches.

I was pointing out that if someone were to blow smoke in "my face" I wouldn't simply wave my hands, as the person I responded to said her hubby did.

Even 30 years ago I didn't simply just take that. It's bloody rude when someone does that in public. If I'm in a pub then I've gone into that establishment and I know I'm going to get a lung full of smoke. I don't go around starting problems just because people choose to smoke.

But if I'm eating, and someone wanders up and lights up in front of the "No Smoking" sign.. they hear about it. And if someone is ever stupid enough to purposely blow smoke in y face because they know I dislike it, they certainly know about it. I've told that story before tho..

Don't see how that's a big deal, it should be common sense...

I occasionally smoke a hookah. so it's not as if I'm saying all you nicotine addicts get outta my breathing space!!111

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ah Ok, I know it isn't healthy but It sure is healthy for me after being assaulted at work

We have a downtime after it and the best way I calm down is having a smoke

I did try that Tobacco that is natural with nothing added to it and I enjoyed it but it went very dry after a couple of days and then very harsh..anyone know how to make it a bit moist?.

One good way to keep tobacco moist is to keep fruit or vegetable peels in the tin it's in, orange probably being the best since the acid helps keep it fresh. I've heard of people using potato skins but I don't like the sounds of that.

Also the earlier comment about cannabis and how it's much safer than tobacco... it depends on the cannabis. That could be the plant breed itself, the method it's smoked or especially the method it has been produced. I personally know someone who used to smoke "solids" of the stuff and it damaged his lungs pretty bad, he suffered from a collapsed lung and he never smoked ciggies at the time.

The safest way to smoke Cannabis is via a vaporizer or by distilling or collecting the crystalline THC.

On topic:

Shooting someone for smoking is a bit bloody drastic isn't it?

I smoke and work in a bar also, I always use designated areas (no choice by law) but even if I did have a choice I'd put myself out of the way and always have... I even always carry a pack of mints with me for after I've smoked as to not offend anyone with a breath like an ashtray. Some people are total genitals though it's normal to come across them, just tell them to do one... sending them a bullet though is a bit mental don't ya think? even just lamping someone for smoking near you is a bit harsh, use your tongue first... if diplomacy fails then yeah. Step it up a bit.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

no one said it was healthy, thats the thing. The reason why I have been trying to make a point in cars verse cigs is because in reality the bull# smokers constantly deal with just because they smoke a cig outside at the side of their house (yeah i don't even smoke inside). People threaten to kill you if they walk by *you* and your smoking.

People have been like this for years, Garcia made a funny comedian skit (think it was him) about that crap. But people are being brainwashed to think that 'smokers' are your only danger in society by all the bs ad commericals by (HEALTHY) people on tv.

My dad died from cancer I know all about what they go throu, but i still will not toss up a freedom of choice when I don't have a say in what I do with my body. Just like you to, so consider every smoker a protest, least our pollution we breath is self inflicted verse everyone who drives by you within 15-20 foot range.

I have 2 friends who have both have had their lungs collapse 1 was a smoker, and 1 wasn't.
The one that isn't a smoker his family doesn't smoke, he doesn't have a lot of friends, and those that he works with in his home business do not smoke in his house.

The problem never was if it was good or bad for you but the constant ridicule smokers do get just because they light a cigarette. I have personally felt threatened at one point in time because of the neighbor, despite the fact my wind don't even touch his house considering the way the air blows between us. He still forcefully starts coughing (without me lighting) and spewing nonsense about 'letting the devil in', and has threatened me for it to the point i can't even go out of the house to smoke a cigarette without feeling 'safe'.

The truth is people do extreme things over stupid things and don't look at the fact that they do more pollution not only to themselves but to others then any 1 person smoking a cigarette. Out of 'fear' even religions have started targetting smokers for the simple fact that its the 'devil's food'.

Part of this type of behavior in the masses could easily be spiritually influenced, who know's maybe these two guys had something simular going on. Can't ask one of them cause well they are dead, and if someone asked me to put out a cigarette, and got up in my face about it we'd be rumbling. Far as I can tell I have rights to, and segregation between smokers and non need to stop.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next 10years they wind up taking all of smoker rights. Why? Because manipulation of the masses into agreeing its the most dangerous thing in the world.

edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

"Burn him he's a smoker!" (witch trials anyone?) How many of you think it will wind up going that far? (just out of curiosity)

How many of you who are smokers, lean up against your car in a parkinglot and and have people walk by 5-10 turned on cars just to turn at you and start coughing, rudely in your face because your there minding your own business smoking between 3-4 cars?

Since the 1500's when a person blew smoke in your face, it ment they wanted to F*k you. XD Blowing smoke in your face is usually 2 - 3 feet a part from you or closer and blowing it in your face. Not a small whiff you smell from some guy 10-15-20feet away.

Creating Post for minigame.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

BlackArrow
no one said it was healthy, thats the thing.

As I said..that's is great..you like smoking and you should always have the right to do so away from non-smokers.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

opethPA

BlackArrow
no one said it was healthy, thats the thing.

As I said..that's is great..you like smoking and you should always have the right to do so away from non-smokers.

Just out of curiosity...do you refer to only this type of situation? Or in general?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Just out of curiosity...do you refer to only this type of situation? Or in general?

Im a firm believer in people being able to do what they want as long as they don't impact others.

I have never been drunk, never held a cigarette, never had a beer, couldn't tell you what an illegal drug looks like.. I have no interest or desire to be around people that do any of those things and so , I am not. It doesn't mean that those that want to live that way shouldn't I just think it's fair to keep them separate.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

opethPA

bigfatfurrytexan

Im a firm believer in people being able to do what they want as long as they don't impact others.

I have never been drunk, never held a cigarette, never had a beer, couldn't tell you what an illegal drug looks like.. I have no interest or desire to be around people that do any of those things and so , I am not. It doesn't mean that those that want to live that way shouldn't I just think it's fair to keep them separate.

Woah. Do you live on the north pole? Lol. I must hear your story. I grew up in what I call the "ice age", aka crystal meth and crack coc aine everywhere. I seriously wish I knew what it was like to not recognize those 2. I've never done either one, but I know their symptons and what they look like for sure.

By the way, I do smoke cigs, only for the past 2 1/2 years though, and I also know what they can do, I've had 2 family members die from it withing the last 18 months and my dad just got diagnosed with CPD.

Nobodies mentioned nancy grace yet... lol. Am I the only one who thinks this womans a god damn psycho?

EDIT: oh also by the way, according to nancy grace ( I hate using that source) he was shot in the back of the head. Not much self defense there.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
if i was forced to listen to country music i think i would go on a rampage as well that music would drive anyone insane never mind the smoke

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

BundyWoah. Do you live on the north pole? Lol. I must hear your story.

I feel like it's the North Pole with it being 20 degrees today though I live on the East Coast of the US in a major city surrounded by smokers, drinkers and drug users.

When I was younger i just made a choice to never try those things. I didn't have a need for them then and I certainly don't now.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Has anyone yet mentioned getting killed over smoking a cigarette in a non smoking area would make a great country song?

Oh dontcha know

Thats how they killed

Ol' Smoky Joe

He was a Rebel

Never influenced by the devil

but sometimes his head wouldn't stay level

Ol' Smoky Joe

he liked to smoke his tobacco

after a show

dontcha know

thats how they killed

ol' smoky joe
edit on 12-12-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Lysergic
Has anyone yet mentioned getting killed over smoking a cigarette in a non smoking area would make a great country song?

Oh dontcha know

Thats how they killed

Ol' Smoky Joe
edit on 12-12-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Not bad...but a better blues song to be sure.

A Skynrd version called "Ballad of Smokey Joe"

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

opethPA

bigfatfurrytexan

So, since it is you that has the problem with their actions, you obviously believe that you should be the one to remove yourself from their immediate area? Or do you expect others to arrange themselves to suit your personal preference?

It know that sounds sarcastic. It isn't meant to be. I retyped it a few times, and can't seem to word it in a way that sound less sarcastic. My apologies in advance.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
So, since it is you that has the problem with their actions, you obviously believe that you should be the one to remove yourself from their immediate area? Or do you expect others to arrange themselves to suit your personal preference?

It know that sounds sarcastic. It isn't meant to be. I retyped it a few times, and can't seem to word it in a way that sound less sarcastic. My apologies in advance.

No need to apologize as your question makes sense to me. =)

When it comes to drinking and smoking I avoid bars or places where you are likely to find a lot of public intoxication. Like I said, I believe people should be entitled to live life in whatever way they want . It would be pretty ridiculous of me to go into a bar and complain about people drinking so I avoid them. I think that in separating smokers and non-smokers you are giving people that choice though.

edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3103ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

opethPA

bigfatfurrytexan

No need to apologize as your question makes sense to me. =)

When it comes to drinking and smoking I avoid bars or places where you are likely to find a lot of public intoxication. Like I said, I believe people should be entitled to live life in whatever way they want . It would be pretty ridiculous of me to go into a bar and complain about people drinking so I avoid them. I think that in separating smokers and non-smokers you are giving people that choice though.

edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3103ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

I am a firm believer in the statement that Pythagoras made: "When free men require laws, they are no longer fit for freedom". That one statement has so many levels of truth to it. It can be viewed in multiple ways.

Primarily...if a society feels that some are unruly enough that they need to be able to levy penalty as a way to keep them in line, that speaks poorly of the society and its denizens. Myself, i am a smoker. But I do not smoke indoors, except my house (where i generally limit it to the bathroom and my bedroom, since i have kids in the house who are not fond of it). I do this because it is obnoxious to others and I don't want to be "that guy". If people, in general, took that viewpoint I suspect we wouldn't find much to argue about on this matter as a culture.

But beyond that....the control factor. A society that wishes to "pick on" certain things will come up with all manner of ways to do it. Being fat, while not against the law, is another example. And I would suspect that obesity will be made illegal in one manner or another soon enough.

It is a sign of a sick culture where people will act in ways that are obnoxious. And then that culture will respond by making laws which, in the end, do little to address the obnoxious behavior. Look at crackheads. We still have plenty of those, despite drug laws.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with that for the most part. Especially the part about not going to bars.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

lol How do you take that as he would shoot someone? You're just as big of an idiot as the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

stopbeingnaive
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

lol How do you take that as he would shoot someone? You're just as big of an idiot as the OP.

Yea...i think your thinking is too concrete to follow what I was saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We all know that tobacco smoking is not harmful, it is the chemicals the manufacturer puts in the cigarette that causes all the harm. If the government had just made the manufacturers remove the chemicals 70 % of the country would still be smoking. If manufacturers were concerned with anything besides making money they would never have added the chemicals in the first place and 70% of the country would still be smoking. cigarettenazis did not care about chemicals when they first started the anti-smoking train, they just didn't like the smell of the smoke. After years of no one paying attention to them they morphed their complaint into causes cancer and respiratory problems. Now after decades of propaganda anti-smoking has become a religion, but cigarettes still have chemicals so it shows that no one wants to cure the real problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

I'm going to have to guess there was more to the story than the cigarette too.
My two cents on how crazy the whole thing has gotten is, when smoking was still legal in bars, I was a resident DJ at a bar/restaurant. Now the thing about bar/restaurants is, is that the owners can't decide which it is. They want a nice respectable family place for dinner until about 10pm, then they want to party and crank the music and sell drinks. Well one night at about 9, that shady area between dinner and party time, there was a large birthday party taking up the whole front area. A family comes in, yes a whole family, 2.5 kids and all, (law is no minors past 9pm) and the father parks the baby in the stroller - yes BABY STROLLER - in a BAR - directly in front of my DJ stand, which had a lit cigarette in an ashtray on it. He actually started to walk away and leave it with the baby in it! Like I'm the babysitter or something! I actually had to say, "Excuse me, but could you get your baby away from the chain smoking DJ?" I mean, the family is looking at ME like I'M the bad guy. I've been here since 4pm people, the DJ stand stays where it is. Seriously. I guess the moral is, a lot of people in bars always have been and always will be idiots.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bundy

I wouldnt mind nancy grace being killed in public over a cigarette....i cant stand how she acts on her show....maybe irl she is a nice person...damn i feel bad now...ok i hope nancy doesnt get killed...i may be bi polar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join