It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Beliefs System Discussion...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

OneManArmy

golemina
Pathogens take it on the chin (including mold
). Once the food has been properly broken down, it is released to the intestines. Upon exiting the duodenum, the slurry is injected with bile, neutralizing the acids, your intestines can now properly take their time to absorb the nutrients.

Lets not forget that a "Mold/Fungus" is the basis for penicillin.

Just saying.
And what does penicillin do?

I would like to ask you, if "the human body creates the "pathogens" out of thin air, then how do cultures of bacteria and viruses multiply in a petri dish? If they dont exist?
And why does penicillin prevent bacterial growth?
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmTue, 10 Dec 2013 13:40:32 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Hey.

I think you might be putting the wrong spin on 'these pathogens'.

These pathogens exist EVERYWHERE in our environment...

Just like mold. It is pretty much everywhere. Mold tends to prosper in acidic environments.

So when conditions are right... The mold prospers.

So too, when conditions are right, 'these pathogens' run up and down this 'evolutionary' scale.

I think the 'spin' I would look for would be along the lines of 'these pathogens' are indicators of an existing 'dis-ease', NOT the CAUSES of the 'disease'.

(There are many analogies in landscaping, that is when conditions are right, selected decorative focus vegetations prosper, when conditions are not, the 'pest' vegetations do.)

When I refer to 'pathogens' with regards to a discussion on digestion, I'm thinking somewhat of 'parasites', but more predominantly mold.

Re Penicillin... Good question.

A corollary would be why anti-biotic resistant, and why SO quick in adapting resistance to the latest variations of anti-biotics... Why the so-called 'SUPER BUGS'?

edit on 10-12-2013 by golemina because: Missing words/minor edits.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by golemina

So where does the mold come from? magic fairy mold sprites?
In fact don't bother, I can't be arsed discussing fairy tales which you never back up with any facts.
I suggest to all not to feed this one....again.

Hey!

I have to admit it takes a certain aplomb to come into a thread and essentially accuse the OP of being a troll?

Where does the mold come from?

It is everywhere!

'...never back up with any facts.'

You denying that?

Guess you just don't understand EXACTLY how advanced the materials being discussed in this thread happen to be...

In case it has slipped by you, and there is little reaction from you to prove that it hasn't, the underlying theme in these little 'fairy tales' that apparently distresses you so much is the...

Gut/brain metabollic pathway/connection.

That's why 'MDs' are simply NOT equipped to deal with 'Autistics' and ALL of their problems... because apparently, much like you, they get extremely uncomfortable discussing bowels... and diarrhea... (and in your 'charges' case, diapers
).

The VAST MAJORITY of your 'immune system' is in your bowels!

Not to mention, that is how you are nourished.

There are VERY few conventionals that even have an inkling about the gut/brain connection.

Also, in case it has slipped by you, I am flat out stating that almost the ENTIRETY of 'medical' knowledge is total bs. You are the one living in a fairy tale.

Go to any hospital, and add up the body count.

A 'cancer' patient comes in... and is suffering from horrible toxicity... and your vaunted doctors... pour MORE toxicity into the patient!

What is TRULY astounding is that these people, who you seem to be championing... They save 'millions' of lives... Could POSSIBLY expect any other outcome than their patients DYING HORRIBLE and HIDEOUS DEATHS!

How is that for a fairy tale?

edit on 10-12-2013 by golemina because: Missing 'es'.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

golemina

There are VERY few conventionals that even have an inkling about the gut/brain connection.

The "heretic" Andrew Wakefield made that connection. Using the analogy of alcohol in the stomach and the effect it has on the brain. But he was talking about viruses in the bowel getting into the stomach being a possible link to autism.

I was under the impression that mold favoured damp conditions, not necessarily acidic.
I dont doubt that the spores are "everywhere", I have seen a room full of food breakdown on time lapse.
It was a sealed room, yet the mold flourished, but not so well on the food in sealed containers.

Please define your take on pathogens a bit more clearly. I dont fully understand. (Im not a medic nor a scientist) Im just interested.
My personal definition of pathogen, would be anything that has an ill effect on biological life.
A virus or a bacteria is a parasite by its very nature, just very small parasites. I would say the pathogens would be the byproducts of their growth.

I was also taught at school that white blood cells were the bodies immune system. Hence the build up of plasma around wounds or bites and stings.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Nope, you actually provided no evidence whatsoever. You just blasted me with a bunch of assumptions, the vast majority of which are laughably off-base. For the record, celery and tuna are two of my favorite foods (I just finished eating a salad containing both, in fact), but I don't attribute any miraculous properties to the former, nor do I deny that the latter can contain mercury. I never asserted that the mercury levels make the fish "unredeemable tainted," I just asked you to back up some of your spurious claims, which, of course, you didn't.

You say you produce "results," so surely you have some documentation of these results you can share, no? For example, have you tested these fish to show that none of them contain any mercury, or can you show that all other testing facilities that have detected the presence of mercury in fish samples are in error? You must have an explanation for why, if we're being discouraged from eating them because of their super-secret special healing powers, they're still so widely consumed and commercially available? After we address this issue, we can move on to discussing some of your other claims. I take back what I said about extraordinary evidence (although I must say that I know that quote as being associated with Carl Sagan and wasn't thinking of James Randi) - it would be nice to see any sound evidence at this stage.

In addition, 'I' am 'not' a 'him,' NOR do I have any GREAT love of 'academic' 'snobbery.' I am 'generally' in quite good HEALTH and am a 'proponent' of healthy eating and 'natural' LIVING - in a MANNER that is based on scientific DATA, not 'woo.' I embrace autodidacticism and THINKING outside 'the box', but I ALSO like to back 'up' my beliefs with EVIDENCE. You 'don't' need 'educational' 'credentials' to produce EVIDENCE.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

OneManArmy

boymonkey74
Many are so quick to slag off Pharmaceuticals but forget that without them we wouldn't live as long as we do and the fact that they have saved millions of lives.
I bet most of those people would try any pill If it meant their wife/son/daughter etc got really sick.
They saved me as a baby and probly have saved many ATS members already.

Exactly!!, the benefits of modern medicine are undeniable.
Even for an "anti vaxxer" like myself.
Antibiotics revolutionized surgery. And we have come such a long way since drilling holes in peoples heads to release evil spirits.
Its just a shame that the overuse of antibiotics is rendering them useless.
We need a new Lister.

Im pretty sure that if my life depended on it, I would let the "Experts" do their thing, but I would watch them closely, I saw the care my mother received post acute brain haemorrhage. The "consultant" said she was brain dead, yet she would occasionally come to consciousness for a few seconds then fall back into coma. This was witnessed by me, my sister and 3 of my uncles, but yet the "expert" basically called us liars. I spent the week observing her care, I was privileged to to stay overnight and see the care she received, because she WORKED FOR THE HOSPITAL. I can only say it was shocking.
Ever heard of the "Liverpool care pathway" its disgusting, to say the least... it amounts to murder by starvation by "doctors" that think they know better.
Needless to say, my mother never left hospital.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmMon, 09 Dec 2013 18:29:04 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

I know quite a bit about the Liverpool Care Pathway. It's certainly had its critics but my experience of it was very favourable (given the circumstances).
I'm certainly not for nor against it as I can understand both sides of opinion.
I know it's currently going through a governmental review
The whole premise about it is to make the patient as comfortable as possible during the last days of life when there's no viable treatment or no reason for prolonging treatment. If done properly it's a very dignified way of looking after a patient.
If "starvation" was part of the protocol they were using then they definitely were not following the LCP.
Nutrition can and generally will be reduced but only in as much as it should follow the individual's specific (if they're awake and lucid) and their metabolic requirements, it certainly shouldn't reduced or stopped pro-actively.

Aside from the recommendations in the LCP one of the problems is the individual hospital's "versions" of it. From hearing various people's experiences it is without a doubt pot luck as to whether you get a good pathway or a bad one.
And that needs to change.
I spent a long time talking about this with the physicians and nurses looking after my sister before she died earlier this year and I couldn't have been more impressed at the care they gave her and the information they gave me and my family. Literally nothing was too much trouble for them.
We were not pressured into it and we were allowed as much time as we needed to make our decision and that decision
We were maybe lucky as the hospice my sister died in was one of the two centres which drafted the original care plan.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Pardon?

OneManArmy

boymonkey74
Many are so quick to slag off Pharmaceuticals but forget that without them we wouldn't live as long as we do and the fact that they have saved millions of lives.
I bet most of those people would try any pill If it meant their wife/son/daughter etc got really sick.

Exactly!!, the benefits of modern medicine are undeniable.
Even for an "anti vaxxer" like myself.
Antibiotics revolutionized surgery. And we have come such a long way since drilling holes in peoples heads to release evil spirits.
Its just a shame that the overuse of antibiotics is rendering them useless.
We need a new Lister.

Im pretty sure that if my life depended on it, I would let the "Experts" do their thing, but I would watch them closely, I saw the care my mother received post acute brain haemorrhage. The "consultant" said she was brain dead, yet she would occasionally come to consciousness for a few seconds then fall back into coma. This was witnessed by me, my sister and 3 of my uncles, but yet the "expert" basically called us liars. I spent the week observing her care, I was privileged to to stay overnight and see the care she received, because she WORKED FOR THE HOSPITAL. I can only say it was shocking.
Ever heard of the "Liverpool care pathway" its disgusting, to say the least... it amounts to murder by starvation by "doctors" that think they know better.
Needless to say, my mother never left hospital.
edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmMon, 09 Dec 2013 18:29:04 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

I know quite a bit about the Liverpool Care Pathway. It's certainly had its critics but my experience of it was very favourable (given the circumstances).
I'm certainly not for nor against it as I can understand both sides of opinion.
I know it's currently going through a governmental review
The whole premise about it is to make the patient as comfortable as possible during the last days of life when there's no viable treatment or no reason for prolonging treatment. If done properly it's a very dignified way of looking after a patient.
If "starvation" was part of the protocol they were using then they definitely were not following the LCP.
Nutrition can and generally will be reduced but only in as much as it should follow the individual's specific (if they're awake and lucid) and their metabolic requirements, it certainly shouldn't reduced or stopped pro-actively.

Aside from the recommendations in the LCP one of the problems is the individual hospital's "versions" of it. From hearing various people's experiences it is without a doubt pot luck as to whether you get a good pathway or a bad one.
And that needs to change.
I spent a long time talking about this with the physicians and nurses looking after my sister before she died earlier this year and I couldn't have been more impressed at the care they gave her and the information they gave me and my family. Literally nothing was too much trouble for them.
We were not pressured into it and we were allowed as much time as we needed to make our decision as difficult as it was.
We were maybe lucky as the hospice my sister died in was one of the two centres which drafted the original care plan.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

You were lucky, you actually got consulted about it, I have heard too many stories from relatives that werent even informed that their loved ones were "starved", their words not mine, until after the relative was dead.
They spoke of their loved ones not being given the basic care such as a drink of water, again their words not mine, a testimony that was repeated many times. One spoke of their mothers lips were so dry that parts would literally fall off, in a plasticized form. The LCP was a scandal, and thats the whole reason it is being reviewed, and lets not forget the recent scandals with the hospital trusts failing in their basic duty of care. Started with South Staffordshire Trust and then Basildon and has spread to many other "trusts". The health service is plagued by scandals. Which is why I will NEVER trust them at face value. My personal experience with the NHS has been the opposite of yours Im afraid.
The government has cut funding and introduced so much middle management that the money that was pumped into the NHS has been squandered, the nurses are worked beyond reason, is it any wonder that mistakes happen. I can only see it being by design. Sorry, thats just my "reasoning" kicking in.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

golemina
That the radioactivity is the result of harmonics from the Ether.

WTF ?

Do you know anything about nuclear decay and the EM spectrum?

Wait this the guy who said there is no such thing as cancer

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I bet most of those people would try any pill If their wife/son/daughter etc got really sick.
edit on 9-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I know.

Big pharma is far from a force of good. And has done some queationble things.

Bit not everything they do is useless or harmfull. Id say 99% that comes out are needed drugs that have helped us live so long.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

crazyewok

boymonkey74
I bet most of those people would try any pill If their wife/son/daughter etc got really sick.
edit on 9-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I know.

Big pharma is far from a force of good. And has done some queationble things.

Bit not everything they do is useless or harmfull. Id say 99% that comes out are needed drugs that have helped us live so long.

Yes I agree, I think 99.9% of doctors and nurses go into medicine to help people.
Its only in the "training" that they are bombarded by pharma propaganda and unrealistic working conditions post training make it almost impossible to do their jobs as they intended. Stress can make people do strange things.
Hence why so many burn out and leave after a short time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join