It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoengineered Snow Storms Wreaking Havoc around the Globe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

This is what really bugs be when they tell us to do the research. They clearly haven't spent a minute looking at contrail formation and persistence before deciding that what they're seeing can't possibly be a contrail.

Came across this gem on fb the other day which is pretty representative of the level of understanding we're dealing with here

'Contrails' which last for hours and cover the sky turning it a milky white/creating artificial cloud cover.....Really! Water vapour does not do that, face the FACTS!!!

Water vapour does not do that.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

From your source:

The China Daily, citing an unnamed official, said the Beijing Weather Modification Office had artificially induced both storms by seeding clouds with chemicals, a practice that can increase precipitation by up to 20 per cent.

From the same source:

Yesterday, an official had said the storm was "natural".

I take all sources that use "unnamed officials" with a huge pinch of salt.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Global Cooling?

I've read somewhere that we're racing towards an Ice Age but I can't remember where...

Global Climate Chaos

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

THANK YOU! EXCELLENT link.

The state program is run by the Colorado Water Conservation Board, which issues permits and sets basic rules — for example cloud-seeding stops when the snowpack reaches a certain level to address concerns about avalanches and flooding.

But those rules haven’t quelled concerns, as there are still a few people left who probably think that tinkering with the weather on a large scale is probably one of the worst ideas ever. Those sentiments were reflected during a hearing for cloud seeding permits in the early 2000s. Residents of Evergreen turned up en masse to claim that, ever since Vail started seeding clouds (way back in the 1980s), snowfall in their town has declined.

The CWCB program was jump-started with state seed money in the early 1970s, but since then has become 80 percent – 90 percent self-funded through grants and participation by resorts and water providers, with everyone seeing cloud-seeding as a low-cost alternative to building new reservoirs and pipelines. And with an uncertain outlook for Colorado River flows, even downstream states like Arizona and California are ponying up to help pay for cloud seeding in the headwaters.

edit on 7/12/13 by soficrow because: add 3rd para to quote

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Cold weather in the Midwest during the winter? How odd...

It's freezing cold here in the NW, too... Currently ten degrees with light powdery flurries... Just like winters been doing for millions of years. It's winter...it happens.

Now if it turns in Palm Springs during the summer here in December, then something a little haywire somewhere...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well it is like palm springs weather here .
But then again I am in florida. Lol
cloud seeding can and has been done over a SMALL area .using what ever you wish creating a HUGE storm would take so much Silver iodide you would need 10000 planes to spray it.
btw Silver iodide has been used to seed clouds for well 100- 200 years .
they used smug pots using smoke to carry it up to the clouds

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by waynos

Have you watched many jets cross the skies in the same direction and seem Normal trails that evaporate as they should, and seen many others - at the same time - trail out in every expanding whiteness - for any normal reason?

Can you explain why contrails cannot spread under certain not-uncommon (i.e., certain normal) conditions?

I don't understand why it is that they would NOT be able to persist and spread if the temperature and humidity levels at altitude are right.

They have already admitted to spraying aluminum and other things on us, How can you be so naive?
The only aluminum I know that they "sprayed" (although it would be more accurate to say "spread") was chaff. Chaff is used by military to throw off enemy radar. The small bits of aluminum make radar go haywire.

However, the spreading of chaff looks nothing like a persistent contrail.

If you aren't talking about chaff, could you please give some additional information about the aluminum that you ARE talking about -- the aluminum you say that "they" have admitted to have sprayed?

edit on 12/7/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

waynos
reply to post by Happy1

Yes I have. HUNDREDS of times. Here is ONE example;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why can't everyone who claims to have images of a UFO have your camera? Those are some awesome closeups you have there of jets in the sky! back on topic

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Ha ha, yes thank you. I wish that too.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Spookybelle
And why would they want to create snowstorms? Are they (whoever they is in your mind) planning a vacation for a ski trip or something?

The more likely explanation is that the Earth is warming, through natural causes as it always does, and as an effect, weather patterns are changing.

Not nearly as fun as your conspiracy but probably a bit closer to the truth.

skiers prefer dry powdered snow, easier to grip in, smoother ride, does not hurt so much if you fall into it, resort managers like it, it can be smoothed easier, etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

And, so well hidden amongst natural snow, one wonders how the humans who invent this kind of technology can live with themselves, especially as they must know their lives are at risk, were they ever to expose what, why and who.

And what is being hidden amongst the natural snow?

Who is it that would be doing the exposing, and what exactly is it they would be exposing?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

But according to the OP this is wet heavy, toxic snow. So who would want that?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Five-Sided Ice Crystals

When you picture a snowflake, you probably envision a six-sided shape. Because of the angle of the bonds between hydrogen and oxygen in water, that geometry is greatly favored over other forms. However, snowflakes come in other shapes besides hexagons. For example, there is pentagonal ice. A team of scientists led by the London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN) discovered a linear chain built from ice pentagons. The chains were formed on a nanoscale across a flat copper surface. Scanning tunneling microscopy was used to image them. While you shouldn't expect to see pentagonal snowflakes any time soon, the research might be used to find new materials to initiate nucleation of water to form clouds and precipitation and also to better-understand how these processes occur naturally.

Cloud seeding materials, in the past, have been chosen based on their ability to bind with normal, six-sided ice. Now, new materials can be tried based on their ability to bind with 5-sided ice. The secret geoengineering just goes on and on and on. What's in your snow? Or maybe a better question: what is your snow?

Pentagonal ice discovered

Cloud seeding is a form of weather modification, whereby the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds is altered by dispersing substances into the air which are capable of modifying cloud particles. This process can increase amounts of rain and snow but can also be used to suppress hail and fog. The substances currently used to seed clouds are chosen to bind to hexagonal ice, but this work suggests that the process could work equally well with materials which bind to other structures.

“Armed with a better understanding of how ice crystals form in the upper atmosphere, it may be possible to develop new and cheaper materials that could be used across the globe to seed clouds and modify weather patterns.”

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Cloud seeding not geoengineering. Different things.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
luxordelphi wrote:

“Armed with a better understanding of how ice crystals form in the upper atmosphere, it may be possible to develop new and cheaper materials that could be used across the globe to seed clouds and modify weather patterns.”

Did you comprehend what is written there - I highlighted part of it for you - I hope that helps.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: tags

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think all the fracking is causing a change in the Geomagnetic continuity of the earth myself, this could change weather patterns. I believe there is some geoengineering that has been done but I think this is unrelated to that.

Just a wild guess, I cannot find one thing on the net about this possibility, seems nobody is looking into the possibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I am curious, did this storm sneak up on you completely, or did the weather channel predict some of it?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

did this storm sneak up on you completely,

It is funny how those storms just sneak up on you when you least expect them...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I have been hearing about this storm for 4 days before it hit here. Maybe the ones who spray this weather modification juice are from here and they like to let us know what's going on.

I swear, common sense is a thing of the past.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If you haven't seen this, I thought you might find it interesting.

edit on 2-1-2014 by wigit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join