It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON's debris trail will possibly graze Earth/no joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Got a source for that claim? One that isn't from youtube?

Said like a good old fashion girl :- Why do you watch that thing called television , we all know radio is the best source of information.

The year of our Lord 2013 , people communicate on youtube , all sorts of people , skilled , professional, not so and all the rest.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All the "experts" on ATS said no matter what Ison would not change the orbit path, even if it broke up. So a bit of explaining is needed, right.
How can it be spreading out, we were all told there was no way and were basically called fools for saying what if it changes orbit.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

Did you not notice the debris of ison corkscrewing pretty wildly afterwards? I don't know if it will change orbit or not due to turbulence and violent dismemberment of the comet. However one thing I feel is certain, NASA won't tell us about it, if it changed orbit!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You noticed as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Do you have any other proof that the remnants of ISON are spreading out other than YouTube videos that trace back to BPEarthwatch?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Good day to be working on projects like ison don't you think.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

its not like the Video's themselve's are from Venus,, ohh wait they might be ,,MESSENGER,, VIDEOS,,

from the Nasa Messenger probe,, nope looks like vids are NASA approved,,,
so make up ur mind on the obvious remnant "cloud of debris",,,it might pearl like the one that hit,, Saturn,,

but im thinking its just Carbon left over, from a scortching,,, after all we all know Carbon can not burn,,,,

look at a match,,,now safely light it,,, whats left,,,

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Nasa couldn't find it where they thought it was meant to be when it came around the sun. But something came around.
This was on spaceweather a while ago but can't find it there now, but found another link that says same thing.

link

"researchers working with NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory said they saw nothing along the track that ISON was expected to follow through the sun's atmosphere. Nevertheless, something has emerged."

something emerged not where it was meant to be?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

ZeussusZ
Nasa couldn't find it where they thought it was meant to be when it came around the sun. But something came around.

No.
If you actually go back to the spaceweather article, and not the "fivedoves" link that paraphrases them... then you will find that NASA did not say the quote you attribute to them.

Edit - perhaps the confusion lies from not seeing anything on the SDO cameras, *on those wavelengths*, where they expected it to be. Some idiot liars might have expanded that idea to a more general claim that it isnt anywhere on any camera anywhere at all after perihelion.

edit on 7-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by daryllyn

Got a source for that claim? One that isn't from youtube?

Said like a good old fashion girl :- Why do you watch that thing called television , we all know radio is the best source of information.

The year of our Lord 2013 , people communicate on youtube , all sorts of people , skilled , professional, not so and all the rest.

Okay but BPEarthwatch is hardly skilled.

Anyone can make and upload a video. My grandma can do it, but it doesn't mean that she isn't senile and absolutely insane, just because she can make a video.
edit on 12/7/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

ZeussusZ
All the "experts" on ATS said no matter what Ison would not change the orbit path, even if it broke up. So a bit of explaining is needed, right.
How can it be spreading out, we were all told there was no way and were basically called fools for saying what if it changes orbit.

When did ISON's orbit change? Do you know some of those rumors can be linked back to Sorcha Faal? I'd link to show you that, but, I'm not even allowed to because the source is a huge no no on ATS, because they are THAT bad.

Do you also know that the images BPEarthwatch uses to show that ISON is spreading out, cannot really be used to show such things? The images are overexposed to begin with, meaning objects look brighter and larger than they really are, so they CANNOT be used for accurate measurements.

Also, the "spreading fragments" he points out after applying his "filters" (read: contrast and colors) are not actually objects, they are photographic artifacts (meaning that they are not really there).

Also remember, that this guy also put out a video, where he enhanced artifacts such as "hot pixels", claiming that they were "very large spacecraft that were steering comet ISON".

Don't believe me? Look into it for yourself. Think for yourself. Arrive at your own conclusion, but only after you have verified the information yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry, this youtuber I do not consider a reliable source on anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Something doesn't add up about Ison's size...

Comet ISON's Nucleus = BIGGER than Earth

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
Something doesn't add up about Ison's size...

Comet ISON's Nucleus = BIGGER than Earth

1. Its youtube, so what do you expect?
2. He's comparing the size of the coma, not the nucleus.
3. Despite repeatedly saying "...I understand coma...", no he doesnt.
5. He has no idea.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a comets tail is 99.9999999999 % Vacum sure it looks purtty as sunlight reflects off the DUST in the tail.
But this is not the movie Armageddon . even if the comet brakes up all the Large pices (anything over the size of a dime will be in line behind the head (look up shoemaker levy)) every pice along teh SAME path . The rest Of teh SPREAD out tail is DUST so same well smaller then a grain of sand Looks just like the dust Mom uses Pleage polish to get ride of .Even funner is that DUST is left over metor volcanio and comet junk .
Now if the comets MAIN head is coming within say 500k miles of earth then Ill worry. But even then It would NOT hit no pice bigger then a grain of sand . .
Say its broken up in order to be hit by any pice we would be hit by ALL the big pices.
It would ahve to hit earth head ON. a miss of 2000 miles is just going to be a great light display.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

As far as what I think about YouTube?

Well, it's a venue for amateur astronomers to post videos about their research since we can't trust "official" sources.

Many people predicted it would come to this, possibly by design.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
reply to post by alfa1

Well, it's a venue for amateur astronomers to post videos about their research since we can't trust "official" sources.

BPEarthwatch is an astronomer now? Thornews, who clearly doesn't know the difference between a coma and a nucleus, is an astronomer now? Seriously?

And why can't you trust official sources? Because the youtubers told you to think that? Because you've seen the conspiracy theorist's cliche of "NASA always lies about everything" so many times that you have started to believe it yourself?

Think for yourself. Verify the information yourself. Arrive at your own conclusion but only after you have verified the information you are given yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

hurdygurdy

Let me quote your expert, from his video...

...how did NASA ProFFessional Science ESA & Higher Education Professors come up with the 2km or 1.5 mile estimate for the nucleus...
How could something 1.5 miles create such a large shape ...
I'd like someone to explain how Professional Science is correct ...

And much the same "how did NASA come up with that idea?" is asked multiple times during the course of the video.
He has no idea.

It would, however, be completely different if he KNEW what the reasoning was, but disagreed with certain aspects of it for specific given reasons.

But he does not.
That video is all just one long "I dont understand" rant.

---

Edit - and what the hell has this got to do with NASA anyway?
Why do all internet kooks assume that NASA are somehow the gatekeepers of all astronomical knowledge?

edit on 7-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

cathar
Go to 10 minutes in and see the proof that NASA lied about ISON size after it exited from behind the SUN....

watch for 9 minutes after going to 10 minutes in....Make up your own mind after watching....

edit on 6-12-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

This video made me take a second look at some of the data and makes a compelling presentation and argument. That, along with NASA saying that they are going to point Hubble and other telescopes at it makes me wonder if there is more to the story. In the video, it's shown how camera perspective can be deceiving.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
since this is in GENERAL CONSPIRACIES FORUM

i will bring up the fact that ISON was a harbinger of the new Pope and was linked to the new Popes reign by the mystical side of the Church

because the ISON comet has broken up and is increasingly more scattered... what might be the meaning of this in connection with Pope Francis

well a few days before the close pass if the Sun the Pope made statements that the Vatican need not be the focal point of the church...
I offered to the reader that the Pope might have in mind to make his official residence in Jerusalem and leave all the Cardinals and the Vatican State as the business & legislative body of all official catholic theology....
while the Pope himself will Sit in the City of Jerusalem, the holy & spiritual 'Navel' of the Earth

(this might be the symbolism of the ISON change-/break-up / scattering
with the Pope (the smaller shining light) moving from Rome/Vatican City to Jerusalem)

if this interest a group i will then expend time+energy to expound on the parallel paths & symbolism of the Pope Comet ISON....(which should be renamed now that the incoming comet is no longer what is was originally~~~
ISON came from behind the Sun as a new, Transformed, rebirthed object and no longer recognizable as the former ISON comet)

Sounds like the path the Pope Francis is taking too....eh?
edit on 7-12-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join