It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON's debris trail will possibly graze Earth/no joke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We will be passing through the PRE perihelion portion of ISON's orbit, not the post perihelion portion. There is a big difference between the two. Doom off.

When Earth passes through the debris stream, we will encounter two populations of comet dust. One swarm of dust will be following the Comet ISON into the sun. Another swarm will be moving in the opposite direction, pushed away from the sun by solar radiation pressure. The streams will pepper opposite sides of Earth simultaneously.

source

Please watch the following clip that simulates Earth's encounter with the debris stream. Notice how the stream we pass through is moving inward, towards the middle of the solar system, and not away, as in the case of the post-perihelion part of the orbit (which is where the fragments would be).

Short clip

We will not be passing through the portion of the orbit after fragmentation. That part will be 40,000,000 miles away at its closest point, well above the ecliptic. Any large fragments will follow the orbit of their parent body.

So, unless earth is going to jump forty million miles up above the ecliptic, we will not get hit by any substantial ISON fragments. We will get some dust, but astronomers are doubtful that we will even get a meteor shower out of it. One was quoted saying not to expect to notice.

But, I suppose my sources will be useless to some, since a fraction of members are bent on believing that NASA is full of lying, liars that do nothing but lie.
edit on 12/6/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Go to 10 minutes in and see the proof that NASA lied about ISON size after it exited from behind the SUN....

watch for 9 minutes after going to 10 minutes in....Make up your own mind after watching....

edit on 6-12-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

cathar

buster2010

cathar

PurpleDog UK
Your joking...........right?

PDUK

watch the video..ISON's tail is fanning out and it's debris field is 40 million miles wide and getting wider....

I'm not making this up.....This is why NASA has been LYING!!!

It's really not much to worry about. The pieces will burn up in the atmosphere. .

The pieces as big as large ships will not break up in the atmosphere.....Think about IT > >>>>> Why has NASA been lying and down playing ISON..It is much Larger than 3 kilometers or whatever lie NASA has beep putting out.

Got a source for that claim? One that isn't from youtube?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
No one will Believe You; but that's okay too! Your just off by a month, that's all.

If people only would do their homework, Tail of comet is never really good. So it happens here and there, nothing happens, big deal! Now flip the odds the other way. Sofar most of the time # does not happen. Fine, good for us. Yet, if you have an open mind and flip it, we could be in trouble!

They say it can not happen since the odds are in favor it will not. If you do play the odds, you know someday it will bite you back and no one Want's to actually consider What If?

You can go from one side to the other, yet we tend to forget the Middle sometimes! Odds are nothing will happen, seems to be the down play of Everything! It does tend to make people feel safe. On the other hand though, if it is not Ison, it will be ????

I for one do not Like the Odds!

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Okay, I watched the vid and this info is coming from BPEarthwatch (the same guy who made a vid saying spaceships were steering comet ISON). This guy takes pics he finds online and "enhances" them (read: plays with the contrast and colors) and spouts all kinds of doom.

Many of the things he points out, are in fact hot pixels and other common, easily explainable photographic anomalies. The pics he uses to show his 'measurements', are NOT images that can be used for that purpose because they are overexposed to begin with, meaning that objects look brighter and larger than they really are, so they can't be used to take accurate measurements. Not that he is qualified to make such measurements to begin with.

I should have known it would come back to BP when I saw the claims about ISON being "much larger" than what's been reported by official sources. Wanna know how BPearthwatch arrived at that conclusion? See the above paragraph.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

daryllyn
Okay, I watched the vid and this info is coming from BPEarthwatch (the same guy who made a vid saying spaceships were steering comet ISON). This guy takes pics he finds online and "enhances" them (read: plays with the contrast and colors) and spouts all kinds of doom.

Many of the things he points out, are in fact hot pixels and other common, easily explainable photographic anomalies. The pics he uses to show his 'measurements', are NOT images that can be used for that purpose because they are overexposed to begin with, meaning that objects look brighter and larger than they really are, so they can't be used to take accurate measurements. Not that he is qualified to make such measurements to begin with.

I should have known it would come back to BP when I saw the claims about ISON being "much larger" than what's been reported by official sources. Wanna know how BPearthwatch arrived at that conclusion? See the above paragraph.

BP Earthwatch has over 50 thousand subscribers ...I believe him over you...any day ....

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Hey, I never claimed to be an expert, but I am onto his game, and I know how he gets his "measurements". Anyone with the slightest clue about science, or space, or comets can easily tell that he is full of it.

Think for yourself. Research it yourself. Arrive at your own conclusion. Deny ignorance.

The truth is, that he spouts doom and gloom, sensationalizes, and lies and such to get more views. Wanna know why? To get more money from his Google Ad-sense account.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

cathar

BP Earthwatch has over 50 thousand subscribers ...I believe him over you...any day ....

You do understand that doesn't make him right?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

cathar

PurpleDog UK
Your joking...........right?

PDUK

watch the video..ISON's tail is fanning out and it's debris field is 40 million miles wide and getting wider....

I'm not making this up.....This is why NASA has been LYING!!!

We're CONSTANTLY going thru "debris trails" from comets..this is why we have meteor showers at certain dates. Because we go through "debris trails" what once was comets. EDUCATION ---- sometimes it helps!!
edit on 52013RuFridayAmerica/Chicago26PMFridayFriday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

50k? OMG he must be telling the truth !!!
Everyone best get ready for the big one......

We are doomed I tell thee doomed!!
edit on 6-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

NASA also hinted there may be a bit of hope for ISON in its latest update posted online Wednesday. The agency said it will use space telescopes to monitor ISON for the next several weeks because it's possible that dust is hiding a new, smaller version of it.

"Most agree that up to 90% of ISON was destroyed, leaving approximately 10% of the comet intact.

It's pretty odd if you ask me.
edit on 6-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
More evidence that we will probably get hammered soon....

I feel sorry for the people here in denial,,,especially the ones that don't even watch the videos and post their opinions based on ignorance.....But that is the way of the world Is it not ?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

You know how many followers david icke and his reptilian theories have...?

Come on... 1 billion flies can be wrong... I rather eat lamb chops than #.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
im not sure what this video has to contribute .... if anything

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Unity_99
www.cnn.com...

NASA also hinted there may be a bit of hope for ISON in its latest update posted online Wednesday. The agency said it will use space telescopes to monitor ISON for the next several weeks because it's possible that dust is hiding a new, smaller version of it.

"Most agree that up to 90% of ISON was destroyed, leaving approximately 10% of the comet intact.

It's pretty odd if you ask me.

If it's estimated that 90% was destroyed (via your source), and it's known that comets commonly have a dusty appearance, why is it odd that it would now be a smaller version of its former self?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

PewDiePie has over 17 million. If he told you the world was going to end tomorrow would you believe him? That said... I'm sure nasa.gov has had more than 50,000 people visit it let alone visit it regularly. Following your logic that makes NASA correct.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Or this is why the person presenting this theory is lying......

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theclarificator55555

And every super model will ask you to be friends with benefits, no strings attached. Bill gates will give you all his money because he is tired of being super rich, and Stephen hawkings will tell you he invented a way to make you smarter than him in the blink of an eye.

Have you heard of the boy who cried wolf? Unfortunately with things like this it's the internet who cried wolf. People with nothing to back them up make these claims all the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Because the article puts into question even if it was destroyed, the whole data obtained. And I find it very odd indeed.

Lovejoy is a particular comet that is coming near as well. And it was a sun diving comet that was reported disintegrated in the past. But has resurrected to be one of the 4.

So nothing being put out really confirms anything.

On the plus side, that wide debris field from the tail, is fairly good, because it means its widely dispersed and not concentrated. Unless there is more to the story altogether, we shouldn't have major problems from it. But...then again, there seems to be alot of confusing info...and I don't really like that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join