It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation will NOT kill you.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I too grow weary for the same reasons, but on the other side of the issue.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

" The control of bath composition is an important operation in the aluminum production process. To reduce
the melting point of bath (pure cryolite melts at 1009° C), the bath contains fluorspar and some excess
aluminum fluoride, which along with the dissolved alumina, reduces the melting temperature sufficiently to
permit the pots to be operated in the 920° to 980°.C range. The reduced operating temperature improves
pot efficiency. The weight ratio of sodium fluoride/ aluminum fluoride in cryolite is 1.50; the excess
aluminum fluoride in the electrolyte is adjusted to yield a sodium fluoride/aluminum fluoride ratio in the
1.00 to 1.40 range by weight. "

What you think the Nazi's would waste anything, you got to be kidding.

What about Zyclone-B, they would use that stuff for any effect it would cause and you don't think they knew exactly what sodium fluoride would do to humans , even in the 30s.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

It would MUCH quicker than fluoride.

I'm not sure. There is zero proof of it so I have to believe that if it was a problem there would be multiple peer reviewed studies around. How can I study something that doesn't exist?

There are several studies, but like you said those studies often have too many undetermined factors and many studies contradict each other. It's hard to separate the facts from the lies because that's exactly how they want it to be. The lobbyists fund those scientists who push the perspective they want to push, and they suppress and ridicule any study or evidence which suggests that fluoride does have long term health affects. In the mean time, if you're "not sure" then you shouldn't be promoting the consumption of fluoridated water and arguing so vehemently that it is perfectly safe.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

superman2012

Wookiep

I would say that since just about every drink of water you drink, and the fact that it's almost impossible to avoid no matter where you go (restaurants, pretty much anywhere with tap water etc) would classify it as "excessive".

So it doesn't kill us, just makes our bones fall apart? Good to know, I suppose.

No, that is not right. Salt is in everything and it doesn't kill us in small amounts. It does not do what you claim...but thanks for reading the whole thread... *eyeroll*

I do hate terrible analogies.

Salt = Floride? I'm sorry, but fluoride is unhealthy to exist in the body, while salt is ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE.

I'd like you to now address the thyroid in your post. The thyroid is essential to our bodies, like salt is, and the thyroid doesnt function as well with the presence of flouride in the human body, and if it isn't functioning well, can lead to multiple problems. You see, the thyroid has receptors that are able to receive, and need, iodine. When fluoride, or even its buddies; bromine, and chlorine are present in the body, they compete for receptor sites in the thyroid that are meant for iodine, because they have the same charge. When your thyroid starts to take in fluoride, bromine, and/or chlorine, your thyroid is no longer getting what it needs to function properly. Thus, you aren't as healthy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Copied again until I get a response
Copied from another thread. I wasn't planning on putting it in this one because I believe this topic is only to ' prove' that fluoride is harmless in low doses, to me that is irrelevant to whether it should put in the nations water supply or not. I'm adding it here because I am curious to what the answers might be.

Someone may be able to clear this up for me.
If water is in all tap water how would I know how much fluoride is in what I eat ( if i used water to prepare the meal)
is there fluoride in the fruits and vegetables if the plants are watered with fluoride?
Is there fluoride in animal meat if they drank the water?
Does my body absorb fluoride when I have have long baths or showers?
How much fluoride would be in ready made foods prepared with fluoridated water?
What If I drink a LOT of tap water along with umpteen cups of coffee ( I assume if I boiled water the fluoride would become more concentrated? )
What if I am on medication that already has fluoride in it?

These are just question I am wondering and I assume the ones pushing for it to be put into tap water would know this.

It may be that at low doses it's deemed harmless but seeing there is water is almost everything how can we keep tabs of our intake?

If there is NO PROOF of fluoride being harmful in low doses does that necessarily mean it is 100% safe? Or does it just mean there is no proof... Yet... ( that can swing both ways)

I've only recently learnt about all this and haven't looked further into it until this thread.

I live where our water is fluoridated , only found this out today , I'm not happy about the fact that I have no choice in the matter. My other option is to pay for water to be brought in or $1000 for a filter , I don't think this is fair on us who take responsibility for ourselves which includes oral hygiene . Why are we put at risk ( albeit a small risk) for the minority who CHOOSE not to care about their teeth?

I work where I see the tiny tots to adults being brought in to have their teeth pulled and trust me they are not drinking tap water anyway.
The state of teeth today is down to an unhealthy diet and self neglect , child neglect when it comes to kids.

What ever happened to informed consent before being medicated ?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why stop Fluoride? Ya kidding?
Filed under: Dr Jonathan Wright's Tahoma Clinic,fluoride accumulates - builds up in body,Fluoride is toxic poison - any amt — Jan Turner @ 2:53 pm
Tags: Dr Jonathan Wright's Tahoma Clinic, fluoride accumulates - builds up in body, Fluoride is toxic poison - any amt
How one brave scientist exposed the 
brain-damaging effects of fluoride

By Jonathan V. Wright, M.D.

While holding a dual appointment with the Department of Neuropathology and Psychiatry at Harvard University and the Forsyth Institute (at the time, a dental research organization) in the 1980s, Phyllis Mullenix, Ph.D. established the Department of Toxicology at Forsyth for the purpose of investigating the environmental impact of substances that were used in dentistry. As part of this effort, she was instructed by then Forsyth Institute’s director, Dr. Jack Hein, to investigate fluoride toxicity. That’s where, as she puts it, “things got weird.”

The Forsyth Institute is a highly respected independent research institution, originally established in 1910 for the purpose of providing free dental care for the children of Boston. Presently located “across the river” in Cambridge, Forsyth is affiliated with Harvard School of Dental Medicine and has collaborations with university and research organizations around the world. Harvard dental students are required to take a portion of their training at Forsyth.

According to Dr. Mullenix, Dr. Hein—who was responsible for her assignment to fluoride toxicology studies—was also instrumental in some of the original research that led to the introduction of fluoride into toothpaste while he was working for Colgate.

Dr. Mullenix has said: “I wasn’t too excited about studying fluoride, because, quite frankly, it was ‘good for your teeth’ and all that, and I thought the studies would be basically just another control and I had no interest in fluoride.” However, because it was part of what she was hired to do, she said, and because she had just astounded the institute by achieving the unattainable—securing a grant from the National Cancer Institute to study the neurotoxicity of the treatments used for childhood leukemia—she decided to incorporate the fluoride studies into the research grouping.

Mullenix said: “I was in the top four per cent in the country” for such funding. “The Institute was tickled pink, but I really had no idea what a quagmire I was getting into.”

For her toxicology studies Dr. Mullenix designed a computer pattern recognition system that was described by other scientists as nothing short of elegant in its ability to study fluoride’s effects on the neuromotor functions of rats.

Fluoride damaged the brains of test animals

“By about 1990 I had gathered enough data from the test and control animals,” Mullenix said, “to realize that fluoride doesn’t look clean.” When she reviewed that data she realized that fluoride was adversely affecting the brains of her test animals. They had all (except the non-fluoridated control group) been administered doses of fluoride sufficient to bring their blood levels up to the same as those that had caused dental fluorosis (brittleness and staining of the teeth) in thousands of children. Up to this point, Mullenix explained, fluorosis was widely thought to be the only effect of excessive fluoridation.

Link smokinchoices.wordpress.com...

edit on 5-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaxsprat

You are wrong. It was made to "prove" that the leading arguments by the people against fluoride are either wrong/unproven/myths/or outright lies.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Rychwebo

superman2012

Wookiep

I would say that since just about every drink of water you drink, and the fact that it's almost impossible to avoid no matter where you go (restaurants, pretty much anywhere with tap water etc) would classify it as "excessive".

So it doesn't kill us, just makes our bones fall apart? Good to know, I suppose.

No, that is not right. Salt is in everything and it doesn't kill us in small amounts. It does not do what you claim...but thanks for reading the whole thread... *eyeroll*

I do hate terrible analogies.

Salt = Floride? I'm sorry, but fluoride is unhealthy to exist in the body, while salt is ESSENTIAL FOR LIFE.

I'd like you to now address the thyroid in your post. The thyroid is essential to our bodies, like salt is, and the thyroid doesnt function as well with the presence of flouride in the human body, and if it isn't functioning well, can lead to multiple problems. You see, the thyroid has receptors that are able to receive, and need, iodine. When fluoride, or even its buddies; bromine, and chlorine are present in the body, they compete for receptor sites in the thyroid that are meant for iodine, because they have the same charge. When your thyroid starts to take in fluoride, bromine, and/or chlorine, your thyroid is no longer getting what it needs to function properly. Thus, you aren't as healthy.

Salt, like fluoride is deadly in large amounts. Just because you don't understand an analogy does not make it horrible.

How much does your thyroid have to take in of each of the chemicals you named in order to not function properly? How much does your body absorb or get rid of and how much does the thyroid absorb exactly?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Lead has been proven to be cumulative, while fluoride has not been.
Link.

I argue that I believe it to be safe. My talking points were just that. If you have PROOF contrary to the evidence/science/links/studies that I have listed, go ahead and list them. Just know that they will be held to the same level as you hold me to mine.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Fluoride is a mineral so medicated is a misnomer. I replied to you in Chaotic's thread.

If you are worried about it, go to a dr and get a fluoride test done. Go talk to the water treatment plant operator and get the information you want. Talk to the environment agency. Find out what is in your water...that is the first step.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

What you think the Nazi's would waste anything, you got to be kidding.

Yes I do.
I also think that the anti-fluoride people will hold onto any lie if it is ingrained in their belief, even when their own people say it is a lie.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
DENTAL FLUOROSIS

fluoridealert.org...

Do your teeth, or your child’s teeth, have white spots? white streaks? cloudy splotches? brown stains? pitting? If so, you or your child may be among the millions of Americans who now have a condition called dental fluorosis.

Fluorosis is a defect of tooth enamel caused by too much fluoride intake during the first 8 years of life. Although fluorosis can be cosmetically treated, the damage to the enamel is permanent. Common causes of fluorosis include: fluoridated drinking water (particularly during infancy), ingestion of fluoride toothpaste, use of fluoride tablets, and consumption of processed foods made with fluoridated water.

Fluorosis Rates Are on the Rise

Before the widespread use of fluoride in dentistry, dental fluorosis was rarely found in western countries. Today, with virtually every toothpaste now containing fluoride, and most U.S. water supplies containing fluoride chemicals, dental fluorosis rates have reached unprecedented levels. According to the latest national survey by the Centers for Disease Control, 41% of American adolescents now have some form of fluorosis — an increase of over 400% from the rates found 60 years ago. (CDC 2010)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You are wrong people are not against fluoride they are against it In our drinking water

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Fact

Fluorosis: A Visible Sign of Systemic Toxicity

The cosmetic and psychological effects of fluorosis are significant. Dental fluorosis is not limited, however, to cosmetic concerns. The teeth are not the only tissue in the body that accumulate fluoride (the bones, pineal gland, and arteries accumulate it as well). There is no apparent reason, therefore, why fluoride’s effects on the body will be limited to the teeth. As noted by Dr. Hardy Limeback, “it is illogical to assume that tooth enamel is the only tissue affected by low daily doses of fluoride ingestion.” According to the late Dr. John Colquhoun, ”Common sense should tell us that if a poison circulating in a child’s body can damage the tooth-forming cells, then other harm also is likely.”

In one study, for example, a British researcher found that the cells in the pineal gland (a gland that contains calcified deposits that accumulate fluoride) were just as susceptible to fluoride-induced toxicity as the tooth-forming cells. Unlike the teeth, however, the pineal gland cannot be seen by the naked eye. As noted by the researcher, “The safety of the use of fluorides ultimately rests on the assumption that the developing enamel organ is most sensitive to the toxic effects of fluoride. The results from this study suggest that-the pinealocytes may be as susceptible to fluoride as the developing enamel organ.” (Luke 1997).

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Seems like this article says that fluoride in water at usual concentrations is linked to macrophage apoptosis which can lead to the buildup of arteriosclerosis. www.fluorideresearch.org...

If this is true, then carragenan also kills Macrophages. It could also cause a buildup in the arteries.

It's kind of scary, I actually understand these articles pretty well now, I am becoming a nerd. Look at the conclusions on these articles at the end.

I got to get back to studying all this research to see if I can figure out how to combat it. It seems we did not need to eat high amounts of antioxidents before we started to boost fluoride consumption. Instead of fixing the problem they make a bunch of new recogmendations...What a bunch of crap. Another coverup of past mistakes made.

Increasing consumption of antioxidents too high can have carcinogenic properties to it. I learned that from my research. It seems that too many antioxidents lower the immune system's proper working ability.

I'll probably be up for hours researching this site. Trying to figure out how to cancel out the negative effects of fluoride on the body and mind.

From another article I read, I summarize that caffeine or any chemical that speeds up metabolism might help neutralize the fluoride's effect on the endocrine system. This may be why coffee or tea don't bother us so much, the caffeine stimulates the kidneys to discharge the fluoride and coffee has over a hundred and fifty antioxidents in it....water has none.

Curcumin and quercetin also have protective effects against fluoride. Curcumin is in turmeric, eat your chow chow and quercetin is in onions. Both of these are heat stable chemicals...to a certain degree. Mustard contains turmeric mixed with crushed mustard seed and vinegar. So the isothiocyanate in mustard can react with some people. Onion should be included to the condiment for the people who can take apart the isothiocyanate. This neutralizes somewhat the goitinogenic effect that isothiocyanates have and the theosulfate in the onion binds to the released cyanide.... Mustard and onions on that hamburger.
edit on 5-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Jaxsprat

You are wrong people are not against fluoride they are against it In our drinking water

Why? Can you answer that without running to a website?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

What that fear site doesn't tell you is that dental fluorosis is more common in water that naturally contains fluoride. Water treatment takes fluoride out down to safe levels.

Before anyone complains that there are no safe levels...look up what the MAC's are in your area. They will tell you what heavy metals/chemicals/other minerals are allowed and in what concentration. Believe me, there are far worse things than fluoride in the water.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Because it is a toxic mineral that does not need to be there

edit on 5-12-2013 by Jaxsprat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Is it dosed at toxic levels? Has it been proven to cause anything when dosed at proper levels? What else is in your water, better not check, it might make your head spin!

In lots of cases it already is there.
edit on 5-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The fact is, is that there is not enough information out there that would convince anyone that is fearful of fluoride.

I would love to see a study involving twins over 50 - 75 years where one drinks fluoridated water and the other drinks unfluoridated water and they eat, sleep, crap, piss, drink everything at the same time (within reason) and then do a comparison study.

That unfortunately, will never happen and the closest we have is the Newburgh-Kingston study.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join