It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand out $1,000 at a mall? Go to jail!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Do you know how many what if factors exist just from living or crossing the street where injury might occur? I agree that could happen but did it? and again, just as many people face injury at the good ol American overhyped black Friday sales, sorry, but I don't buy your weak attempt to villafy this guy or his actions.
Good day.

edit on 2-12-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
arresting this guy was foolish, mean-spirited and petty. the norm. and when did people lose the ability to judge for themselves the danger or safety of ANYTHING? talk about a nanny-state world. maybe all malls, streets, cars... everything, should be cushion wrapped and signed 'danger' in bright red lettering.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
those were real 1000 dollar bills?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

phinubian

Do you know how many what if factors exist just from living or crossing the street where injury might occur? I agree that could happen but did it? and again, just as many people face injury at the good ol American overhyped black Friday sales, sorry, but I don't buy your weak attempt to villafy this guy or his actions.
Good day.

I didn't attempt to vilify anyone.

It's great this guy wanted to give money out, assuming he didn't have some nefarious motivation behind it then he should be commended.That doesnt change the fact he did in a way that wasn't safe and he should have been stopped..Arrested, not really but certainly asked to stop before some person reached over and fell.

Go be intimate with a few women without protection..oh hey look they didn't get pregnant it must be a good idea. That is about as useful as your correlation to people crossing the street.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thing is as nice a genture as it was I was dangrous, I could very well see a stampede happen. And if that happens the liable for being sued and possibly crinimal charges.

Its a shame but I can see the risk.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out how insane our culture is for a moment.

Someone has a bad year, decided to pull further out of his heart, and gets arrested.

The lungs of the earth on land, trees, chopped into tiny pieces, now worth stampeding and throwing away our soul.

An economic system that demands growth, a political system that urges us to be "patriotic" and shop till we drop post killed-a-people-stole-their-land-and-all-i-got-was-this-fake-hollywood-version-of-the-story day.

We have more junk stuff in this country than any other. We buy useless crap every holiday season. These products are mostly imports. They're furthering other economies worldwide, causing untold environmental destruction, and imprisoning countless millions to global corporatocracy, at rubbish wages.

So while you're out judging a man for trying to be a nice guy, I'm observing the insanity and wondering when we'll come back to our heart and senses.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am so happy some folks are seeing and appreciating this post. This was irresponsible at best and could have been dangerous at worst

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i guess not many have considered how insulting such an act of "kindness" would seem to many people, indeed after watching the video i saw how most of them ignored the money and i have no doubt they felt exactly as i stated, i bet one of the people probably called security on him as a result.
edit on 8-12-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is B.S.
There are no 1000 bills currently in US currency.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

You might note, the OP story indicates he threw $1000 in dollar bills. Not $1000 bills. Although it's also interesting to see that $1,000 bills are real enough. They were legal tender and issue for a fair amount of time between banks and others for institutional transactions. Grover Cleveland has the honor of being the $1,000 President.

$500 Bill and $1,000 Bill

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There was a punk band I saw many times who would throw out a big handful of dollar bills at shows, surprisingly many people would pick it only to have the joy of tearing up money that wasn't theirs. There were still some left on the floor at the end of the night even.

Naturally, I would never do such a thing myself but thought it had a correlation to the OP.
It sure looked like fun though

Per the OP:
The people who needed the money the most never set foot in malls to begin with.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you remind me of monopoly game

peace

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If you're really feeling generous, do some research around your neiborghood and find the people that would need 1000 dollars the most and give em to them. You can also organize a free food giveaway.
Instead you choose to throw 1000 bills to the air to cause chaos for some PR stunt and publicity.

Yeah.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join