It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand out $1,000 at a mall? Go to jail!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
THIS is how this clown shoulda done it, not the dangerous way HE did it
This was for youtube hits, plain and simple:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

opethPA
This has nothing to do with being against giving money so people crying "grinch" aren't thinking beyond the money. This also has nothing to do with rules and everything to do with safety.

T Tell me again how you think throwing money from an upper level to a lower level in a mall where you already have crazed people is a good idea?

How is this ANY DIFFERENT from the stores? the $99 flat screen TVS ?

that is dangling a piece of meat over a pack of hungry dogs. is it not?

the stores put this in motion

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Shoppers by default already have plenty of money. It might have been more productively served as extra generous tips.

There is something important to note that may or may not matter to some people. Mall of the Americas isn't simply shoppers and it's more than a shopping mall. They have everything from an amusement park to a community center to a community college (last I've seen a detailed show, re: the college) all within the complex and a part of the "Community", which that place really is.

It's not like going to any other major shopping mall packed with Xmas shoppers and all packing plastic or cash. There are all levels of people in that place for all kinds of reasons. Some shopping...and a good % having nothing to do with shopping at all. Mall of the Americas is one of a kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I mean, if this charitable chap can be arrested because what he did MIGHT have caused a problem, surely those that organised the event which DID cause people to scramble and trample each other should get a worse punishment?

Funny how that works, isn't it. Putting a discount on one item knowing what people will do to get to it appears to be perfectly acceptable policy. The more people spend after luring, the more sales tax revenue for the city. Heck of a game.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

HanzHenry

It's not any different and I think the stores, customers and this well meaning fool are all equally responsible.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

opethPA

HanzHenry

It's not any different and I think the stores, customers and this well meaning fool are all equally responsible.

right!

But.. ah yes, there is one.

who got 'coppered'? anyone from any of the stores high level management been met with even the slightest of 'police presence'?

Where then are the CEO's of every store where a shooting, stabbing, tasering, trampling, fist-a-cuffs, and such incident are led off in handcuffs?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Probably didn't cause as much problems as Walmarts $99 tv sale .
If you do something nice , go to jail. If you kick a lady in the stomach you get the tv ...WTF people its not what he did that got him in trouble its the fact that he thought for himself and did something that the rich business people would never dream of ...give something away and that makes him crazy to them .

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

JHumm
Probably didn't cause as much problems as Walmarts $99 tv sale .
If you do something nice , go to jail. If you kick a lady in the stomach you get the tv ...WTF people its not what he did that got him in trouble its the fact that he thought for himself and did something that the rich business people would never dream of ...give something away and that makes him crazy to them .

A fully disagree with this.
if anything the owners of the mall might have thought "great more money for the zombies to spend"
Just like they thought, "someone could easily get hurt here and I would be liable"

There were better and safer ways for this guy to give out money then he did.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

People are saying that a stampede will ensue, but I see no difference between what this guy did and what the stores do when they have their sales and all those people (waiting in long lines) stampede to get the sale items. Hypocrisy on the cops and store owners part.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Seems to me that people get a bit wrapped up in WHAT they are doing but lose track of HOW they are doing it.

I was sitting in my truck at work one morning reading a book and waiting for the owners to open up. One of my co workers pulled up next to me and rolled down his window to talk but I didn't see him.
He had a funny joke he wanted to tell me so he threw a ball bearing he had on his dashboard at the window to get my attention.

Of course it shattered and he sat there with a "Oh Crap!" look on his face.

He's not a dumb guy but he simply didn't think.

I was amazed. Just like ...wow...HOW...DUMB...ARE...YOU?????

People will do stupid stuff without meaning to.

They just don't think.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

We have reports of people at walmart getting into fist fights over marked down towels.

While I get what he is trying to do, based on how people are acting these days, I can certainly see the liability aspect on the part of the mall.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well, not to play devils advocate, but it is kind of justified why he got arrested.

First of all, this was in the mall of america. It's the largest, if not one of the largest malls in the country. So I'm guessing this mall would have been extremely packed compared to a simple walmart. So, a crazy amount of people around, while money is flying around, can be a recipe for disaster. Since these people are already breaking down doors and stampeding for a camera.

Secondly, The way he went about giving it away was not good. As in the quoted text, it says he was on the 4th floor, and dropped it down below. It would've been much better if he simply just handed people a 10$ bill as they walked by, or stand outside and give it to the people going in. Making "it rain" with money can cause a frenzy.

Thirdly, the fact that they mention his youtube notoriety doesn't really sit all that well with me. I'm sure he did indeed do it out of the goodness of his heart. But he may have a secondary motive as to why he did it; more youtube hits.

The fact he was giving away money wasn't why he was arrested. He was arrested by the way he went about doing it. You can't do something like that on a day and situation like Black Friday. Things could have gotten out of control. And someone could have gotten hurt, or maybe even died.

I admire his generosity, although I wouldn't defend him in his arrest.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Perhaps their hearts were two sizes too small or their hats on just a bit too tight, but this didn't say he DID cause a disturbance where anyone got hurt or anything bad happened. It simply said it COULD HAVE.

So, coulda-woulda-shoulda-,

Just to play Devils advocate......perhaps you can tell me how your thinking differs from drink driving?

If a guy/girl drinks 6 pints and drives home without incidence does that make it okay?....If the police stop you for drink driving and you haven't crashed your car or injured/killed anyone....should they turn a blind eye?

Fact of the matter is throwing $1000 into a crowded area could have caused a big problem.....could it not?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

How on earth does driving drunk relate, in any way imaginable, to someone throwing hand fulls of dollar bills off an upper floor to a lower atrium of people? I can't see any relation. It's just....well, apples and beef cattle. (???)

CX

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Personally, i hope they give the guy some slack if his intentions were good.

Meanwhile....

You know i loves ya'll really.

CX.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

But Wrabbit, what if a mob mentallity ensued? I guarantee a mob would not have just
rectum. He would have been MALLED.

edit on 1-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

How on earth does driving drunk relate, in any way imaginable, to someone throwing hand fulls of dollar bills off an upper floor to a lower atrium of people? I can't see any relation. It's just....well, apples and beef cattle. (???)

Really?....you can't see any comparison?

How's about a guy throws down $1000 in notes, people go crazy and rush to get the cash....a child gets knocked out of a push chair and in the crush is seriously injured.....the guy that threw the money didn't mean this to happen.....but it did.

How on earth can you not see a comparison?......If I drink a bottle of scotch and drive home without an "event" have I done nothing wrong?

How about if you have a $1000 to give away you just give it to people....why do you have to throw it from an upper floor?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yes of course he is. He is facing charges. Its like a child's lie, its just sad.

If he was feeling generous there are a thousand better ways to help. Even if he insisted on giving money he threw it off a balcony/higher floor so it would go everywhere. He specifically chose black friday when people are already notorioualy trampling each other. Wrabbit your smarter than that. How does a ton of people fighting over dollar bills help them? Its a mob of peo ple snatching singles. How much do you think the majority of people got (well the people that weren't fighting and snatching bills from others hands)? Hewanted to cause a scene. Believing otherwise Iis naive.
You know what I would do? Go to a toy store and help people that couldn't afford much for their kids by buying them a good toy to gift. Instead of giving a whole mob of people a dollar or two apiece I'd make sure 10 or 11 kids were give a good xmas and make their parents happy while doing so.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

So you walk up to random people and give it and say "shh." Or go to a toy store and pay for the next few peoples gifts.

As somone else said. He did it for publicity and he's a youtuber.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

No.. the guy wantes to cause a scene. He wanted a youtube video and to win his gf back. Come on.. I can't believe you guys. You are all smarter than this I hope.

Throwing a bunch of one dollar bills down on hundreds of shoppers isn't giving money away in a way that helps anyone. Its trying to cause a ruckus. In the stores the control the area where the items on sale go. This was uncontrolled. Imagine a kid happened to be where the guy threw the money down and the kid was trampled?

So a couple hundred people got 3 bucks each, what a guy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join