It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand out $1,000 at a mall? Go to jail!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 1-12-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

It is absolutely what he did. If he had gone around handing the money out he would have bren fine.

How are so many people incapable of understanding that this guy rained money down from an upper floor on black friday. His only intention was chaos. HE EVEN ADMITTED IT WAS A PUBLICITY STUNT! He has a youtube channel and is trying to "get his girlfriend back." The guy is an idiot and him being arrested has EVERYHING to do with his idiot ass creating a panic and dangerous situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

This guy/girl gets it. Why is it so hard for the rest of you?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Actually.. that image is wrong. They have black friday in the UK. People get trampled in Ireland just the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

If you can't see the difference you aren't thinking very hard.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by MysterX

No.. the guy wantes to cause a scene. He wanted a youtube video and to win his gf back. Come on.. I can't believe you guys. You are all smarter than this I hope.

Throwing a bunch of one dollar bills down on hundreds of shoppers isn't giving money away in a way that helps anyone. Its trying to cause a ruckus. In the stores the control the area where the items on sale go. This was uncontrolled. Imagine a kid happened to be where the guy threw the money down and the kid was trampled?

So a couple hundred people got 3 bucks each, what a guy.

Actually they way he did it couldnt cause a racus these people were all ready there watching the concert. So there was no possibility of someone getting hurt unless they dived off the balcony for the money. And well if they do that id say thats just one less fool in the gene pool/ Heres a video someone caught it on film.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Wrabbit your smarter than that. How does a ton of people fighting over dollar bills help them? Its a mob of peo ple snatching singles. How much do you think the majority of people got (well the people that weren't fighting and snatching bills from others hands)? Hewanted to cause a scene. Believing otherwise Iis naive.

Wow... Please show me where you're finding all this information about people going wild and mob scenes?

The story says that COULD have happened. If you watch the video, you can see that actually DID NOT happen here, and apparently the people at the mall were not naive enough to be animals over $1 bills.

Imagine that... All that assuming for nothing to have actually happened. People's decent nature does exist after all.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

How's about a guy throws down $1000 in notes, people go crazy and rush to get the cash....a child gets knocked out of a push chair and in the crush is seriously injured.....the guy that threw the money didn't mean this to happen.....but it did.

I'll say the same thing I said to the other post on this. Lets watch what DID HAPPEN on the video and stop assuming and presuming what COULD have happened or what some people actually seem disappointed did NOT happen ..or are still looking for some way to say did.

People didn't go wild. No mob scene was had. No one went off a balcony and I didn't hear anyone getting trampled. Order remained and people didn't go stark raving mad.

geeze... a guy got a wild idea to get generous and maybe help his personal life in the bargain. Comparing it to drunk driving is patently absurd and out of place, in my humble opinion. It cheapens and lessens the crime of DUI to ridiculous extremes.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Technically UK doesn´t have Black Friday, as they do not celebrate Thanksgiving, it North American custom after-all.

During recent years, some large corporations have been pushing for/promoting the so-called Black Friday as a marketing campaign.

This sentence though only applies to US, as Canadians have another date for Thanksgiving (second monday of October). Only in US people wait in line and trample others for sale one day after giving thanks for what they already have.

In UK the "Black Friday" sale is just a random huge sale, nothing else, but well people are like that near to everywhere. That´s why I always go to sales couple of days before the start, when the lunatics have already done their shopping.

What that guy did was very near-sighted and he was lucky no accidents happened. When it comes to money, too many people are like animals. In some countries it is illegal throwing valuable items into the crowd, as it can lead to severe consequences, even death, when somebody accidentally falls.

There are far better ways of doing something nice. In this situation it simply seems as if he actually wanted some drama to mock the people running/trampling over each other for the couple of dollars. Simply absurd behaviour (from the people) in my mind, but well... a sucker is born every minute.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

So you figure he's lying to the cops and media about simply feeling generous and choosing this as a method to spread a little to a lot of people at once?

He was arrested, he has a compelling reason to lie. People tend to give back when they have GOOD years after the rough years. I actually think him trying to cause a scene to get a great video for youtube is more likely. You can make huge amounts of money off youtube videos.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

There are far better ways of doing something nice. In this situation it simply seems as if he actually wanted some drama to mock the people running/trampling over each other for the couple of dollars.

Which never actually happened, but it sounds so much more interesting when we suggest it did happen for the mental picture it makes of chaos unleashed over $1 bills. I'm glad someone took a video or two of the scene so we don't have to guess at how a little excitement resulted, but no trampling came to pass.

I do hope whatever court handles disorderly complaints up there takes the lack of actual harm into account for his fine.

@ Thread

I don't mind the behavior being discouraged. Some .com millionaire or inheritance person gone silly is likely to do it with more than $1 if it weren't. I do think the way that some folks condemn the guy is downright bad though. At worst, he showed some bad judgement in one very creative way to share $1k. He's not a criminal..
edit on 2-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The very fact he filmed it for his youtube channel means he expected something worth watching to happen. No one wants to watch nothing happen. Whether the "something" he expected materialized is irrelevant. Walking around handing out money in a lowkey way that did not draw attention to himself I would respect and commend. I just don't see that as being the case in this situation.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

It absolutely could have caused a ruckus. Or someone leaning over the balcony or pushing someone else and sening them over.

From that video all it ahows me is he really wasn't trying to help people and iy didn't make it any less dangerous. He chose that location for a reason and it wasn't because of the concert.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Doesn't matter if it did or didn't cause a problem. We knew it didn't when the threadstarted. The thing is he obciously wanted it to. It was all about getting youtube views, not helping people.

You are either naive or stubborn because its obvious to anyone with any common sense that the police arrested this man because he caused a disruption and couls have endangered people. It had ZERO to do with him helping people by giving them money. Do you really believe he would have been arrestes for buying peoples gifts or handing a hundred people 10 dollars?

The only redeeming quality of the video is watching thia idiot throw a thousand dollars away. I guess for you the best part is the warm and fuzzy feeling you get seeing middle class shoppers shove 2 dollara in their pocket. He could have fed a cou ple hundred homeless people. Or bought a hundred pairs of gloves and then filmed himself passing them out to cold homeless people on the street.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

The point I was making with the scenario I was describing (we do t really know what it looked like when people began collecting the money because the video is horrible and doesn't show it all) was that that little money spread out over that money people helps no one.

Good job deflecting from my point though. That point being : he helped no one.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Of course they don't have thanksgiving. Black friday has nothing to do with thanksgiving.. it just happena to follow it here.

black friday england

edit on 2-12-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I was referring to that picture. In US you give thanks the day before, in UK you don´t.

About UK again:

UK did not used to have Black Fridays. In recent years it has been pushed by corporations from US.

From Wiki:

More recently, Black Friday has been promoted to nations outside of North America such as the United Kingdom by major online retailers like Amazon and Apple.[20][21] In 2013 ASDA (part of Walmart) announced its "Walmart's Black Friday by ASDA" campaign promoting the Black Friday concept in the UK. A number of other online and instore companies are now celebrating the American tradition.

en.wikipedia.org...(shopping)

In US it has been there for quite some time already, in several states it is , now the corporations are spreading it to other parts of the world: Australia, UK, Mexico, Brazil etc.

After all, Black Friday is the friday after the thanksgiving, outside US countries do not even celebrate thanksgiving, so it is clear which country´s companies try to globalise that day for getting larger profit also outside US. Here, for example, no meaning for this day. Last novembers friday, just an average friday, nothing else.
edit on 2-12-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You are either naive or stubborn because its obvious to anyone with any common sense that the police arrested this man because he caused a disruption and couls have endangered people.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep the discussion on topic and not each other. Staying out of the personal always makes for a better discussion, doesn't it?

I'm sorry if we see the situation and video (which is quite clear to me, anyway) so differently. People can't agree on everything. However, that doesn't make me naive, it means I don't agree. Nothing more and nothing less.

With that, I believe I'll agree to disagree and leave you to your other lines of chat on the thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I do not see a stampede or anything, I read through the posts here, and finally got to the video halfway through them to see what the raucous was all about.

I have been let down by the sensationalizing.

Based on some of the replies I expected to see pandemonium and chaos, instead I see people maintaining themselves and even the guys on the stage throwing some money back into the audience.

It is amazing that from what I can see from this shot in the video, it looks nothing like the stampedes I have seen at some black Friday sales where the only time someone is arrested is if someone ends up trampled to death, we accept this behavior and have been here in America for years and now people are writing dissertations against this guy that he deserved to be locked up for this act and have the book thrown at him ?

Shame on you, this guy is great in my book.

Random act of kindness being met with bands of grinches even if it was a stunt for his youtube channel as is being touted.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

phinubian

Random act of kindness being met with bands of grinches even if it was a stunt for his youtube channel as is being touted.

In watching that video a few people reach out over the railing at falling money. If one of them fell who would have been accountable? Being a grinch has nothing to do with it.

If the guy wanted to help people there are multiple better and safer ways to do it.
assuming he got all the required permits from the mall and operated within the agreed terms then I don't see that as criminal. He just should have been smarter and safer in his execution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join