It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Harmony Through Better Communications.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Dear ATSers,

I’m not sure why this is in the “Rant” section, I simply want to offer a few mild friendly suggestions. Just a little mild guidance to all of the people of the world to help promote the sweet, kindly, enlightened interaction among our fellow beings which we all desire so earnestly.

Friendly communication, gentility, and mutual support is my goal ..... What’s that? SkepticOverlord? He what? Me? In charge of everything? Really? And copies to the White House, Tehran, and the UN? Nahhh, he wouldn't do that. Super Moderator status, too? And all the cookies and bacon I can eat? Permanent?

OK, you slime balls that call yourselves human, you walking piles of maggot infested, six-month old lizard meat. Listen up! I’m talkin’ to you too, Mr. President, and the Chief Imam, the rest of the dictators running around with Super large, family size, weapons, when they don’t have the brains to get a license to drive a Big Wheels. If it applies to you, you’re in there, too. You deceiving, treacherous, faithless, dishonorable beings who come from a plane where the vibrational rate is roughly equivalent to a “marital aid” with a dead battery.

You mutated amoeba who can only absorb and consume, and you can’t even think about that, you just swallow whatever pile of fish guts, rusty nails, factory waste, and Lady Gaga nail polish that you can reach. Remember E, the amoeba that tried to think about moving left or right? The one who exploded from the strain? That taught you, didn't it. I remember when Congressman Weiner took a picture of one of your brains, put in on E-Bay, and it sold for $100 as an electron microscope sample.

And you worms that don’t have weapons, you sure seem to shoot your mouth off a lot. Where do you get the ammo? It’s not coming out of your empty heads, there’s only room in there for three rounds, and it’s still a tight fit. If your brains were silk, you’d have trouble finding the material for a butterfly’s diaper.

So, new rules for humanity. When everybody tells you that you've got no idea what you’re talking about and they offer statistics, analysis, and logic, go away until you do have some idea what you’re talking about.

If you can’t explain it in common English in 15 minutes, you have no idea what you’re talking about. (See above)

If some one disagrees with you or say they can’t believe what you’re saying, don’t go whining about insults, suck it up, try to act like a human (if that’s possible for you). Either prove your point (or at least give a respectable argument), or you have no idea what your talking about and you’re deflecting. (See above)

If some one provides a serious detailed argument and an “Oh, by the way” sentence, attacking that sentence shows, you know, (See above)

As hard as it is for some microscopic minds to grasp, the person you’re talking to is as important as you are, and knows a ton of things you don’t. Start insulting people, and (See above).

If you read a headline, or a paragraph or two, and immediately say, “This person is not just wrong, he’s an idiot, I’ll show him” You’re looking for a fight, not a discussion and cannot be a useful participant, (See above)

People screw up, it happens. Get over it, little fairy princess. If they apologize, move on. If you make the mess, clean it up and apologize; conversation is for humans, not spoiled brats who have had their candy taken away.

Nobody wants to hear “Well, that was bad, but everybody is equally wrong.” You’re a human (supposedly). Humans were given brains and reason so they could make judgments about good and evil. If you were shorted in the brains and reason department, shut up, go away until you’re better. (See above)

Learn the blankety-blank difference between “Proof and evidence.” Go watch a crime show if you need a refresher. Don’t come back until you've got it down. Yep, you don’t know what you’re talking about. (See above)

Open your sorry excuses for heads to new information and thinking. If you don’t it will stagnate, get moldy, and rot, which explains the “thinking” of much of humanity. You don’t do well with a skull full of six-month old yogurt.

Freemen or sovereign citizens will not succeed at avoiding taxes or court procedures because they spell their names with a colon in the middle. It will not work. Stop pretending it will. If you want to find a use for that colon, you can stick your head. . ., well never mind.

If you make an absolutely astonishing statement, be prepared to back it up, or you’re just passing gas in the swimming pool, which proves what kind of jerk you are, and spoils it for everybody else. If you think it’s funny, go away until you grow up (See above)

If you say “The members of group X, are foul human beings,” ninety-nine times out of a hundred you’d better (See above).

If you say “The members of my group are all good, if they’re caught blowing up an old ladies’ bingo game, it must be a government plot, or a media lie, or a mis-translation, or the CIA did it,” (See above)

What?? SkepticOverlord, again? What the blank does he want? I’m busy, I’m on a roll. He does, does he? Well, will see about that. What? Let him try. Pelosi and Reid? Cross-dressing? A duet? “Tiptoe Though the Tulips?” But doesn't that violate some rule of warfare? More? Bombing? He can’t do that. Organic, free trade Arugula in 500 pound bales? Ah ^*^&*. And bound copies of the Obamacare law with flaming electric cars? $%^#%^& I know when I’m beat. SkepticOverlord, you can have your site back.

With respect,
Charles1952
edit on 28-11-2013 by charles1952 because: bracket problem

edit on 28-11-2013 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Title..no need to warn members of potential mod actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What!! I think that caused me some brain damage.

But it sounded pretty good while it was happening.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Charles? Sometimes I think your smart,,,

I’m not sure why this is in the “Rant” section

,,,and sometimes I think you ain't.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hands free face palm.
What the matter you?
edit on 28-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well said .. one of the better rants that seen in awhile ..

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Wait, the topic of your thread is "world harmony through better communications".... and yet you write a communication that  is derogatory, insulting and name calling. 

"Open your sorry excuses for heads to new information and thinking". What you therefore indirectly state is that I have a sorry excuse for a head (I'm stupid) if I reject new information and thinking...despite the fact that most of it is lies, suppositions and half truths. Yet according to you, I'm stupid for rejecting this 'new information' and smart if I do.

All that you are doing is programming people like a computer.

"people who reject  new information are stupid" is taken into the mind and the brain, quite like a computer, will assign the opposite value "people who accept new information are intelligent" without you EVEN saying it. But any functional reasoning adult will start to see through this tool of manipulation of human populations. Just yesterday one of leading genetists claimed that humans may descend from chimps and pigs which interbred. According to YOUR brainwashing rant, any who reject this 'new information' have a sorry excuse for a head, e.g. are stupid. That is clearly not the case. In fact, according to your statement above, you MUST OPEN YOU MIND to that new information, otherwise, according to your own words, you have a sorry excuse for a head. This is blatantly absurd.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I see why you put it in the rant section and you made a good show of it too!

I always enjoy reading your posts as it seems you put a lot of thought and time into every discussion you have.

Don't let it get you down. Keep doing you.... because it works.

edit on 11/28/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Reading it between the lines, now I understand why you included 'Better read it before it's 404ed' in the title.
It's not my obligation to tell why I think like that, just want to tell you that you have nice skills in writing to the point of bizarre, so to speak.
Personal opinion: Withheld

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You mad, bro ?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Can't stop laughing. charles1952 you rock.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I believe the title is ironic.

And perhaps Charles found the eggnog early this year...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Dear ATSers,

May I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving? I often start with my very existence and continue giving thanks until I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all that I have been given. In my belief and Church, I owe ultimate thanks to God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit. I am also grateful for each of you and the gifts you give me. I can only hope to repay them somehow. God bless you all.

Now, back to the thread. I'm particularly pleased with the results of this one in one way, and distressed in another.

Yes, there's humor in this thread, at least I tried to put a little in, and I'm very glad some of you enjoyed it. Of course, the headline was a setup for the meat of the OP, and the idea of the phone conversations at the beginning and end was shamelessly stolen from Bob Newhart.

For those who saw the irritation in it, good catch. I've seen some threads recently where the very basics of reason, manners, and honor, were tossed aside. I don't like that, and I let it out here.

There may be some who see it as exactly what the headline proposed, a kindly guide to better communication. That's not far from the truth. If you strip away all of the fuming and name calling from all of the shouting, I believe you are left with reasonable guides on conducting conversations beneficial to both sides.

I am a little saddened, but not completely surprised, by the most popular post in the thread, at least as measured by stars. This was apparently written by some who took my comments personally and saw them as personally insulting. As evidenced by the stars,there are many others feeling the same way.

"Open your sorry excuses for heads to new information and thinking". What you therefore indirectly state is that I have a sorry excuse for a head (I'm stupid) if I reject new information and thinking...despite the fact that most of it is lies, suppositions and half truths. Yet according to you, I'm stupid for rejecting this 'new information' and smart if I do.
By asking people to open their heads to new thoughts, I am not requiring anyone to accept or approve of thoughts, I want people to consider the information presented, mull it over, weigh it against the other things they know, then decide what parts to reject and which to accept as valid. Say the word "Israel," or "Republican," or "Occupy Wall Street," and if, in response, a mind shuts down and refuses to hear anything else, then yes, that is a stupid mind.

And notice the full stop this poster has brought to the conversation. Instead of asking to clarify what I said, he assumes a personal insult directed at him, when I don't even know the guy.

All that you are doing is programming people like a computer.

"people who reject new information are stupid"
Perhaps you may notice that while he puts that statement forth as a quotation, it's not what I said?

I admit it, sometimes I get so upset that my posting becomes a little heated. But I watch out for it and try to avoid it. That's just one of the suggestions I was making here.

With any luck at all, the upset poster will see that my thread bears no malice to any individual, and we may return to cordial relations.

BUT C'MON GUYS, BE HONEST. Haven't you seen these problems over and over on threads and between individuals? You may have done one or two yourselves, I have. I'm just telling everyone to notice what there doing, and if it's wrong, stop it.

If the shoe fits, stuff it in your mouth so you don't let the world know what an idiot you are.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I knew that you were up to something, you sneaky old rascal. Very well done!

Sincerely,
Milt

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Dear Milt (If I may be so forward as to call you that),

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Love, laughter, wisdom and peace to you, your family and all ATSers.

Wait just a dagslabbed minute, there.

I knew that you were up to something, you sneaky old rascal.
OK, I admit I'm old. And, true, more than one young lady of my acquaintance has called me a rascal. But sneaky? Moi? I'm as pure and simple as, well, whatever is pure and simple these days (my snow has an odd color about it). Are you implying that there is a touch of the devious in my writing?

Milt, Milt, you must free yourself of this suspicious attitude. This kink in your personality which leads you to be suspicious of your fellow man. Crush that wicked spirit! Ask forgiveness from all of those you've have looked at askance. Pardon that turkey, set it free. Replant that Christmas tree. Stuff those Easter eggs back up the bunny's, well, you know where to shove it. Fund a minaret in Jerusalem. Open a Jimmy Dean's sausage plant in Iran. Make all things right again.

(I've failed if i didn't get at least one more smile out of you. Be happy.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

BUT C'MON GUYS, BE HONEST. Haven't you seen these problems over and over on threads and between individuals?

Yes Charles, we get it. Many of us chose to respond in light humor to the post with the one exception you pointed out (and his hidden followers.) Don't despair though people will always fall into the agree-disagree parameters of humanity.

All we can do is try to make things better in the face of detractors or folks who take offense due to the very issues you raise.

Have a happy thanksgiving my friend. Continue to fight the good fight.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Dear Charles,

Please, DO call me Milt! I MUCH PREFER that to many of the other names that I've been called on this site.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

That's a bit presumptuous, don't ya think...

Please forgive me! I couldn't resist that...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Love, laughter, wisdom and peace to you, your family and all ATSers.

Thank you very much, Charles! Coming from one, such as yourself, that means a great deal to me. I can't top that, so kindly accept the very same, from me:
"(See above)"

OK, I admit I'm old. And, true, more than one young lady of my acquaintance has called me a rascal. But sneaky? Moi?

Uh, huh... Yes, you!

I'm as pure and simple as, well, whatever is pure and simple these days (my snow has an odd color about it).

Yep! I have no doubt that it does...

Are you implying that there is a touch of the devious in my writing?

Nope! Not at all! I was referring to your personality. It shows... And I'd say there's a bit more than "a touch".

Milt, Milt, you must free yourself of this suspicious attitude.

Well... THAT ain't gonna happen!

This kink in your personality which leads you to be suspicious of your fellow man.

Of course it does! That's what makes me an "Old Troll"!

Crush that wicked spirit! Ask forgiveness from all of those you've have looked at askance. Pardon that turkey, set it free. Replant that Christmas tree. Stuff those Easter eggs back up the bunny's, well, you know where to shove it. Fund a minaret in Jerusalem. Open a Jimmy Dean's sausage plant in Iran. Make all things right again.

Those seem like some mighty interesting hobbies! Perhaps, that DOES deserve some heavy thought.

(I've failed if i didn't get at least one more smile out of you. Be happy.)

NOPE! No failure there! That gave me a huge laugh! And, I sincerely hope that I brought a smile to you, as well.

To all:
I hope that everyone had a very special Thanksgiving Day.

Most sincerely,
Milt

PS to Charles:
Would you feel "shamed" if I added you to my friends list? After all, I do have a... um... you know... um... kink.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Wow! Charles! I knew you were a tough guy, but I didn't know you liked to get rough!

Go easy on us, eh, we're only human.

Take it easy on the MODs and SkepticO too, we want to keep you around a little longer.......and since it looks like Comet ISON fizzled out, God gave us reprieve this Thanksgivings and doomsday has been postponed!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

doomsday has been postponed!

I'd certainly like to see your source for that! Many others say differently... They even have YouTube videos for "proof".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They even have YouTube videos for "proof".

LOL! That was fast!

Phage is my source, good ole Phage.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Dear Milt,

I just got back home from our family meal, and for dessert, I'm served your post. I'm well satisfied. There are a lot of decent, worthy posters here and I'm glad you stopped by to add one to the count. Ah, heck, catch a nap, I'm gonna preach for a few lines.

There are upset posters. They seem to wear their irritation as a hair shirt that they keep scratching and struggling under. After enough time, they explode then settle back to being irritated. ATS Motto to the contrary, I don't mind ignorance. We all have bushels of it. We can fix that by learning new facts. I even welcome disagreement, it's how I learn to use the new facts. I don't even mind stupid so much, adjustments can be made.

But I am not yet able to tolerate people whose hearts have been consumed by hate, envy, anger, pettiness, dishonor and darkness. Thankfully, those aren't the majority, and I'm grateful for everyday I can spend listening to the knowledge and wisdom of ATSers whom I admire.

I almost wish we could create a League of Friendly Posters, and accept for membership those who have demonstrated that they care for each other more than winning an argument.

OK! WAKE UP! PREACHIN"S DONE!

One of these days, Milt, you're going to have to give me lessons in cool. I think the last musical trend I can positively identify is Disco, I don't have any earphones, and I've never spent more than $19.95 for tennis shoes. I've got the same mustache I had in the Army 40 years ago. I took nine months to try to kiss my first high school girlfriend, six weeks later she was engaged to somebody else.

Milt! I gotta get me some of that cooool. (I don't even know if they still use the word "cool.") Teach me, Oh wise one.

Would you feel "shamed" if I added you to my friends list? After all, I do have a... um... you know... um... kink.
Shamed?!? I'd be proud. And when it comes to kinks, I could give you a few names and phone numbers of .... well, maybe I'd better not, I have a reputation.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join