It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Probably been mentioned several times, but..

Those receipts are not carbon copies but 2 separate tickets. I can write a 100 tip on my printout and a big dong on the merchant copy.

Only thing that will prove otherwise is the merchant bank statement with the proper amount.
edit on 26-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added merchant, not hard to doctor your own statement

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

If I have read your post correctly, I think you are implying there are double standards that are glaringly apparent. That much I would agree with completely. I do however feel the need to point out the fact that there are very terrible abuses visited on members of the homosexual community around the world on a daily basis (and not just in 3rd world countries).

"Gay bashing" still occurs in North America, sadly. Currently, not a lot of people get lynched for being Christians in the U.S. Having been good friends with gay people I've witnessed first hand the very public nature of the discrimination they face. It's wrong to minimize the issues facing the gay community. However I'd say it's equally reprehensible for people to support the hatred of Christians because of those issues.
edit on 26-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Dear DeadSeraph,

I, too, am a sinner. At least in purgatory there is still hope. (Yeah, I look at miini-profiles.) I'm debating whether to stay in rant mode. Haven't decided. We'll see how it plays out.

As I wrote, I have no knowledge of what happens in the big cities, and I'm not aware of it in my little town. Obviously, I have an abundance of ignorance. As far as other countries go, we are frequently, and on ATS daily, told that we are not the policemen of the world, and we should respect other countries' cultures. So for the purposes of this thread, I don't care what other countries are doing.

Besides, Christians aren't faring so well around the world either. Neither Christians or gays are getting lynched in the US.

Looking at ATS in particular, and the US in general, is a little more up my alley. Glaring double standards on ATS, with the Christians taking the hit. OK, we can put that behind us. Except, and this bleeds into the US as a whole, what effect are these double standards having?

Are the actions of the Federal and State governments designed more to protect the individual who is gay, or the individual who is Christian? Forget for a moment all of the historical stuff which declares we should return the US to the Natives, and the Natives should return it to the Europeans who crossed the Bering Strait. We're facing a problem today.

I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of both individuals, gay and straight (or Christian, your call). I assume the gay says "we don't have everything we should have. It's not fair, and we'll do whatever we can to get it." Makes sense, and I can see it.

The straight says "The curriculum in our schools have changed, the laws are being written to give protections to the gays which we don't have, they parade in a fashion which is gross at best, obscene at worst, and if we say anything we're called names, fired, or sued."

How do the attacks on Chick-fil-A (including spray paint vandalism), the shooting at the Family Research offices, suing bakeries, etc., and finally, double standards, affect the straight? Isn't it possible, heck it is, a reaction to what Christians see as an overaggressive assault?

It's wrong to minimize the issues facing the gay community. However I'd say it's equally reprehensible for people to support the hatred of Christians because of those issues.
Rather than comment at length, I'd say your use of the word "equally," might be unfortunate. Supporting hatred of a group? Isn't that the problem?

Well, it looks as though I stayed in rant mode. Your polite and thoughtful post didn't deserve such. If we want to find a solution, Christian individuals should learn some respect for individuals. What appears to be a very noticeable, if not majority group of gays have a different lesson to learn. One which I think is harder, and which they don't seem to want to learn.

If the steam I vented burned you, I'm deeply sorry. My frustration is placed elsewhere.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Helious

intrepid
reply to post by Helious

Actually you may have proved the opposite. Look at the stub that says the total with tip is $111.55. Then look below on the same stub. Computer print says $93.55.

The computer print out below the signature area can not reflect the total amount after tip, only the amount before hand as the tip is entered separately when the check is closed. Until the check is finalized in the POS the slip that the customer signs is only a preauthorization and could not under any circumstances show the final amount including tip, the POS system provides a different receipt upon the closing of the check that in most restaurants is stapled to the check that has the customers signature.

For the customer, the only place the tip shows up as hard proof it has been entered is their credit card statement which in this case has been reviewed and has been shown to have the full amount of the bill + the tip added which is concrete proof that either the server or manager entered the tip when they closed the check.

It's the ONE thing on ATS I really am an expert on lol! I have worked at 18 different restaurants and have intimate knowledge operating and managing no less than a dozen different POS systems!
edit on 26-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

here's where i'm stumped on this story and wonder if there was more to this.

don't POS systems print "copy" or "reprint" if you have to make another copy of a transaction? i haven't worked one in a very long time but i do remember then ones i did use always said that which prevents fraud.

my other "scenario" that seems plausible is: customers don't a leave tip. waitress or manager at the end of the night goes ahead and adds in a tip because they try to pull a fast one on some customers that stiffed a waitress. customers see the stuff on the news and then when they look at their bill they see that a tip was added in that they didn't intend to leave (i know restaurants and bars do that sometimes). they are "receipt keepers" (i'm not one of those types) and decide to write in the tip and go to the news to make the waitress look bad because they are pissed that a tip was added when they didn't want it to be.

is that even plausible? possibly?

so far everyone is claiming the handwriting doesn't belong to them. whose handwriting is it??

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Which the family provided the credit-card statement which also said that they tipped.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In this world, people are mean to each other, in a billion different ways, a billion times every day, for a billion different reasons.

Mostly, they dont call the media about it, nor is there any reason to do so.

"OMG, somebody was mean to me - must immediately tell the local paper!!!1!!1!" is not an appropriate way to run your life.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Laxpla

Which the family provided the credit-card statement which also said that they tipped.

but that wasn't an actual statement. it was a print out of their online statement which could be "fixed" in about 5 minutes and printed out.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm sort of amazed this story has been picked up by major news outlets, and that anyone actually sent this chick cash. I'm also flabbergasted that some people are using this as evidence of some 'gay agenda' and lumping all gay people in with this woman.

Customers can be jackasses. I can see wanting to vent about having an ass for a customer, and wanting to console someone who had this (alleged) incident happen, but the amount of attention garnered seems beyond unreasonable.

My understanding is that she's admitted to going to management before the alleged tip incident because the couple mistook her name as being Dan instead of Dana. To me it sounds like she was trying to get some revenge and sympathy/attention. Now of course the couple may have been rude and called her Dan to illicit a reaction, but that doesn't justify posting this online and holding a gigantic pity party to the point dumbasses across the nation started sending money, even if she did claim she would donate to Wounded Warrior.

I am pretty much convinced she made the whole thing up. If not that, then a coworker with a beef. The couple did exactly what I would do had I been innocent. Remained anonymous, showed a copy of the receipt, showed a copy of the CC bill and remained classy about the whole thing to the point they said they didn't mind people donating, as long as people knew it was under false pretenses.

I have no problem with gay people (generally). What I do have a problem with (and this is certainly not only something you see with gay people) is the chip on the shoulder. There are some people that just want to get mad and be offended. Hyperbole alert! You've got the crazy feminists that get pissed if you attempt to pay for the meal or open a door, you've got the silly men's rights activists that blame everything on women, you've got every race always acting like they are oppressed beyond belief, you've got transgendered people that will flip if you use the wrong pronoun, Roseanne Barr gets all mad when you tie a string to a bag of Cheetos and pull it right before she grabs it... Everyone is so butthurt all the time and most people don't mean any offense whatsoever. I got ranty. Sorry.

I think this woman is a lying attention seeker. If she's not, then yeah the family are jackasses. Either way, the fact that someone being rude and not giving a tip causes this kind of poo storm is embarrassing.

Instead of getting all righteously indignant and starting a freaking charity drive, in the future perhaps we can just say, 'Yeah, what an ass, sorry you had a bad day.' Also perhaps not take everything at face value because no one lies on the internet.

Domo needs his sippie cup.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

damwel

mikeone718
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How is any gay person oppressed? They're not segregated, they're not poor (lots of them are pretty wealthy here in nyc), they're not hungry - I mean really, how are they oppressed?

Seems to me like they're asking for privileges, not rights.

Oh come on, are you really that ignorant?

--–—
How does this couple know it is them? Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Yeah likes its one of the fake news stories, like just about all of them are. Political agenda story.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I highly doubt it and everyone can clearly see behind this girls lies and crave for attention. All she would have to do is talk to the mangers to get the transcript of what was charged to counter what these 'customers' made up, and why hasn't she released it? Did you see her reaction lol it was the cringe-worthy.

"Thanks everyone for your support - it took very fiber of my being not to spit in their food and say something. (Not gonna lie if kids weren't there it would of been a totally different story)"

I mean, with her statement on Facebook saying she should have spit in their food... she should have been canned right there. That's the exact place where I would want to eat where they spit in your food. :/ How could she spit in her food when she got the receipt AFTER they ate? This girls a fraud and she is getting called out on it like she deserves.

Also, I would LIKE to see the receipt of the donations she plans to make for the Wounded Warriors.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Laxpla

IMO I'll have to see the merchants pay report thingy and not some likely edited home printout.

Think they are full of poppycock.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by rickymouse

That's the problem. We aren't "kinds". As you pointed out gay people are different, even in their "kind". We've gotta stop looking at each other that way.

Hahahaha!

Gays are different when it fits them.

The 'gay community' as they call themselves (isn't that a group with common beliefs and way of thinking?)

The 'gay pride' parade (isn't that a parade organised by and for a certain part of the population to show they are different and proud of it?)

So i guess the poster you are responding to was right in a sense. If he describes the word 'kind' by being part of a group with common beliefs and way of thinking, you can't turn him down like that.

I'm heterosexual and really don't mind gay people having the same rights and everything. In fact, i think its pretty good to fight for your rights. But just stop crying when some people tells you you are different because, WE ARE ALL different and your parade even shows that you are PROUD of being different, so stick with it

Peace out
edit on 26-11-2013 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

i'm really on the fence though. i'm not on her side or the family i'm just trying to point out that there's no real proof from either side and other scenarios are actually possible.

when i saw her reaction i thought she seemed confused. if i were in her position (and had legitimately been stiffed a tip and received the rude note) i would be very confused about them coming forward with a receipt and CC statement and not know what to say other than "all i know is that's not my handwriting". i wouldn't all of a sudden go ranting on camera in defense of myself. i'd need time to think about what the heck was going on.

that being said...... she could have very well made the whole thing up. in the age of the internet it is a DUMB DUMB DUMB thing to do.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me how this proves either party isn't lying?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I am confused how did those posters know the couple were christian, what topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My big questions about all this are:

1.) How on earth would you know with any certainty that your waiter or waitress was gay unless he or she told you specifically? I've known people who look gay and aren't and people who look straight and aren't. You know what they say about making assumptions ...

2.) Why does this waitress feel entitled to a tip? The tip is supposed to be an extra for a job well-done. When my husband and I go out to eat, we tip according to the service we feel we received. If you were darn good, so was your tip. If you were average, you got the standard. And if you were bad and we couldn't see any good reason for it, you likely got less than the norm or even nothing. We might have left you a note explaining why you got either a really good or bad tip. Now, I can understand being upset over finding out you didn't get a tip because of something you were, but having this sort of extreme reaction to it kind of implies to me that she maybe thinks better of her grade of service than she ought. I mean, really? Are you that good a waitress that you have to have a tip every time and can't just let this one go? I'm sure if I waitressed and wore a cross one night and I got a note telling me that I wasn't getting tip because they couldn't support my religion, no one would care. So, I would have to shrug and move on. At she and I would have something in common no black person would ever have - I can remove my cross and no one would have to know she was gay.

3.) If we are to have serious discussions about how we are the same and different as human beings, we have to be able to refer to ourselves as parts of this or that grouping or category, and in the terms of those discussions, it must be entirely appropriate to refer to this or that kind of person or else we will have reference for our comparisons and contrasts. Oh, sorry, I guess that strictly speaking isn't a question, but more of a point addressing why someone might refer to a person of this or that kind in a discussion.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Everyone is equal and special. You wouldn't know half of us are heterosexual unless we told you. You want to spread the division by making a big deal out of it. That's what's wrong here and it's not just gays, straights, young, old, or whatever you are. It's like everyone is wearing their hearts on their sleeves. You want to be equal? Don't be a victim and don't cry about the small things that some ignorant bastard might say. Do you believe what the bigot says? I have gay family members but I don't have to cry if someone says something crude to them. They can take care of themselves.

Well, we'll never know who wrote the note or if it was written even. It isn't a big deal. It is blown out of proportion for some agenda. I guess I can start crying like everyone else is and say whites males are discriminated against but then I'd have to cut off my gonads.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by mikeone718

Well, next time someone wants to oppress your rights, I guess I won't bother standing up to defend you. I only do that for people who have a heart, like I do.

So you agree that the gay waitress who started this hoax is an awful person and should be ashamed of herself right?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
THIS has finally sealed it for me. she lied. people are coming forward saying she has a reputation for b.s.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Its sad what some people will do for 18 bucks these days. goes toward what we have become as a society.

Doesn't matter who did it. the fact that it was done is enough.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join