It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Family says they tipped gay waitress, didn't leave note about 'lifestyle'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How is any gay person oppressed? They're not segregated, they're not poor (lots of them are pretty wealthy here in nyc), they're not hungry - I mean really, how are they oppressed?

Seems to me like they're asking for privileges, not rights.

damwel
Oh come on, are you really that ignorant?

--–—
How does this couple know it is them? Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Well here is what it says in the article.

NBCNewYork.com reports that the couple, who asked to remain anonymous, contacted the station after the story went viral and produced a receipt that was apparently printed at the same time, on the same date, for the same amount, except with an $18 tip.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This doesn't actually surprise me. Someone wanted to stir something up so created a fib to try to get sympathy for their kind. This is not unusual, I have heard people say something completely different than what was being said. Our beliefs structure what we hear and see, that is the reason science was invented....trouble is that belief and desire for fame or monitary gain and also beliefs of the time can influence how evidence is interpreted.

There is no getting away from this. I hope the person who faked the receipt gets their life ruined, this kind of deceit actually is bad for a cause, it will turn people away from accepting these people. The gay community should take care of dealing with this person, it will negatively effect their cause.
edit on 26-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

rickymouse
This doesn't actually surprise me. Someone wanted to stir something up so created a fib to try to get sympathy for their kind.

... it will turn people away from accepting these people.

I find this categorization of gay people to be a little... off. Their "kind" is human.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Libertygal

And writing a will and dealing with those things prior to death like *gasp* thinking straight people do, is out of the question. Even straight people get robbed by the government on death benefits. Even straight people have families that fight in probate court. Fix your problems before they are a problem and stop asking the government to be your nanny.

To be perfectly honest a Will "will" not help same sex couples in certain situations. One of the main cases in the Supreme Court ruling on the DOMA was that in an Estate Tax issue, the surviving Same sex spouse had to pay Estate taxes when if they were a Hetrosexual surviving spouse, they wouldn't have. It really wasn't fair and equal.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

intrepid

rickymouse
This doesn't actually surprise me. Someone wanted to stir something up so created a fib to try to get sympathy for their kind.

I find this categorization of gay people to be a little... off. Their "kind" is human.

My kind...I am a male, this is a kind. I am a residential builder, I am of their kind. I am a resident of the Upper Penninsula, they are of my kind. I am a meat eater, they are of my kind.

I am not a vegetarian, they are not of my kind, but I still respect them if they are good people. I am not gay, they are not of my kind but I respect them if they are good people. I am not a Muslim, they are not my kind, but I still respect them if they are good people. I am not a Politician and they are not of my kind, even though I have personally known three or four of them that were good people that I have respect for.

Saying people of a kind does not imply that they are bad, it shows they belong to a group. These people in the group share ways of thinking and certain beliefs. I have gay friends, they are good people, I also know a couple who are kind of pushy and I avoid hanging around with all pushy people if I can.
edit on 26-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's the problem. We aren't "kinds". As you pointed out gay people are different, even in their "kind". We've gotta stop looking at each other that way.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by rickymouse

That's the problem. We aren't "kinds". As you pointed out gay people are different, even in their "kind". We've gotta stop looking at each other that way.

Everyone is different, everyone has beliefs and desires that differ. The difference between a person who is honest and one who is a con is notable, they are different kinds of people. I am not the same as a gay person, neither of us is better or worse, just different. I am different than an Asian person but I get along with them and talk to the ones I meet just as I talk to white people. I talk to black people just like I talk to white, but avoid them if they seem to be jerks. I don't really like jerks or people who push their beliefs down my throat, those are about the only ones that I do not really like. I don't like the person who faked the evidence in this case, she caused harm to the integrity of those of her kind.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

mikeone718
reply to post by Fraudfinder

Not surprising considering the gay agenda we're all forced to live with these days.
That couple shouldn't bother with disputing this.

Can you enumerate any of the actionable items on this Gay Agenda I keep reading about? I know lots of gay folks. Their only agenda is to keep the lights on while feeding themselves.

This story, to me, tells more about a coworker who stole a tip off the table of this wait staff than anything else.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

intrepid

rickymouse

My gay son is my "kind". And I am not gay.

I could not agree more with you, intrepid.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here is an updated article I think you will all find interesting, including pictures of the two checks side by side and some great video of the couple and waitress. Red handed!

See article here

The family, which wished to remain anonymous, told NBC New York it left Morales a $18 tip. The customers reportedly provided a copy of the receipt as proof as well as a credit card statement "which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55."

Oops, busted, not only did they keep their copy of the check, they produced the CC bill that shows the server in question entered the tip into the POS system in her restaurant, then reprinted the CC slip and doctored the merchant copy, it's a two button step to reprint those by the way, shes caught red handed and just look at her retort on the video! Priceless!

The wife told NBC New York that she is left-handed and couldn't have made the slash in the tip section of the receipt. She says it appears like it was made from the right.

"We've never not left a tip when someone gave good service, and we would never leave a note like that," the wife told NBC New York.

The husband said he didn't vote for Chris Christie because of the governor's lack of support for gay marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

Faking a note, he added, is "a disgusting thing to do."

"The restaurant profits from this; obviously Dayna profits from this. It's fraud. It's a scam," he said.

It's gonna take a long time for this server to live this one down, I don't think she should be expecting a restaurant job again because that would be extremely bad PR for the restaurant.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Helious
Here is an updated article I think you will all find interesting, including pictures of the two check side by side. You be the judge, for me it seems like..... Liar liar, pants on fire.

See article here

The family, which wished to remain anonymous, told NBC New York it left Morales a $18 tip. The customers reportedly provided a copy of the receipt as proof as well as a credit card statement "which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55."

Oops, busted, not only did they keep their copy of the check, they produced the CC bill that shows the server in question entered the tip into the POS system in her restaurant.

wow, over 13,000 comments,

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

wow, over 13,000 comments

Yeah, people sound off when they don't like being lied too! *Looks at Obama*

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually you may have proved the opposite. Look at the stub that says the total with tip is $111.55. Then look below on the same stub. Computer print says $93.55.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by Helious

Actually you may have proved the opposite. Look at the stub that says the total with tip is $111.55. Then look below on the same stub. Computer print says $93.55.

The computer print out below the signature area can not reflect the total amount after tip, only the amount before hand as the tip is entered separately when the check is closed. Until the check is finalized in the POS the slip that the customer signs is only a preauthorization and could not under any circumstances show the final amount including tip, the POS system provides a different receipt upon the closing of the check that in most restaurants is stapled to the check that has the customers signature.

For the customer, the only place the tip shows up as hard proof it has been entered is their credit card statement which in this case has been reviewed and has been shown to have the full amount of the bill + the tip added which is concrete proof that either the server or manager entered the tip when they closed the check.

It's the ONE thing on ATS I really am an expert on lol! I have worked at 18 different restaurants and have intimate knowledge operating and managing no less than a dozen different POS systems!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As usual...people don't want equal treatment. They want SPECIAL treatment. Regardless of the claim, they want treatment better than normal, not equal.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Okay this is one person. Stop lumping everyone together.

Most lgbt just want equal treatment.

Equal benefits, equal taxes, equal protection in employment, equal access to services afforded people that aren't in same sex relationships.

This lady if she did forge the receipt is know as a "crook". They exist in all groups of people. To say that this is a prime example of how all gays want special treatment is ridiculous.

That's all I have to say about that. Horse # is what my friend used to say.
edit on 26-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I recall a story about a girl who posted a receipt online calling her a racial slur, who got a lot of money shortly after. This server was probably expecting the same result. As for as I know, that story is true, unlike this one.

It's pretty sad how people will try to exploit the emotions of others for their own personal gain, especially in this case since if those people haven't come forward, they probably would've gotten a lot of flack for their "actions". Surprised to see this behavior from a former Marine of all people (unless she lied about that too).

intrepid
The card numbers have been blotted out. I'm sure they match the servers copy or why would they put themselves ion that position? As to the note I can see someone doing something like this to forward their PERSONAL agenda. Hell, there were 2 obvious ones here yesterday. What I can't see is that people would take this one incident to castigate all gay people.
Some people will find any excuse to hate gays, or they will just make up a reason like the so-called "gay agenda". Sounds a lot more justifiable than simply hating them because they're gay. Also applies to other groups.
edit on 26-11-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hilarious. There were people who were skeptical of this story here on ATS when it first broke (myself included) who were treated like garbage because we called it a hate mongering ploy. Would love to hear from all the Christian bashers who came out in that thread with torches blazing and pitchforks raised...

What was the comment with the most stars again?

Those bible thumpers are historically cheap. Back in the day I used to wait tables. The fuggers need to cook and serve their own food. Nothing Jesustian about them They make their own rules. Right down to not feeding the poor.

I seriously despise them as a whole.

Talk about egg on your face.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I hope you'll forgive me, but I just came back from the other thread, the one that gave the (false) story as it was originally presented. I'm upset. This may become a mini-rant, but I'll do my best to prevent it. I only read through the first three pages and perhaps things changed. If someone else wants to look at it, it may be useful.

In those first three pages, two different moderators kicked in. Do you think either of them hinted that we should look at the Christians as individuals? Did either say "one bad apple doesn't spoil the barrel?" Did either object to dealing with Christians as a "kind of people." Not a bit. Apparently, the thought never crossed their minds.

What about the posters themselves:

I seriously despise them as a whole.

The right wing conservative "christians" are the worst.

behavior of this nature makes me want to start smacking certain "christians" upside the head with the New Testament and start flipping tables.

Those bible thumpers are historically cheap.

The fuggers need to cook and serve their own food.

This was in the first three pages, and I haven't listed them all.

There was a lot of talk in this thread about the "abuse" homosexuals receive. I don't know how it works in the big city. I don't see any of it in my little town.

But there's certainly abuse here. And it's not the homosexuals who are bearing it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join